Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

God doesn't have any authority

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • God doesn't have any authority

    Originally posted by Only_3 View Post

    tester:
    Those who defy God’s authority and refuse to submit to Him are not part of the kingdom of God; in contrast, those who acknowledge the lordship of Christ and gladly surrender to God’s rule in their hearts are part of the kingdom of God.

    God doesn't have any authority. Authority is something that is granted to someone else.

    English Standard Version
    Jesus answered him, “You would have no authority over me at all unless it had been given you from above. Therefore he who delivered me over to you has the greater sin.”
    "God doesn't have any authority"

    Does any Catholic want to offer a correction?
    One of the ekklēsia

  • #2
    Originally posted by tester View Post
    "God doesn't have any authority"

    Does any Catholic want to offer a correction?
    From whom did Jesus get all authority in heaven and upon the earth?
    31“When the Son of Man comes in his glory, and all the angels with him, then he will sit on his glorious throne. 32Before him will be gathered all the nations,.." (Mt. 25) May the Divine assistance remain always with us and the Choctaw Nation.

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by Only_3 View Post
      From whom did Jesus get all authority in heaven and upon the earth?
      Was it your Catholic Church??????
      or
      when Jesus says, “All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me,” he means “has been given to me by my Father.”
      One of the ekklēsia

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by tester View Post
        Was it your Catholic Church??????
        or
        when Jesus says, “All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me,” he means “has been given to me by my Father.”
        Same with the Revelation:

        English Standard Version
        The revelation of Jesus Christ, which God gave him...(Rev.1:1)

        And...

        English Standard Version
        but there is a God in heaven who reveals mysteries,...(Dan. 2:28)

        "a God", not "a god". Hopefully, that was made clear by the "Watchers".
        31“When the Son of Man comes in his glory, and all the angels with him, then he will sit on his glorious throne. 32Before him will be gathered all the nations,.." (Mt. 25) May the Divine assistance remain always with us and the Choctaw Nation.

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by Only_3 View Post

          Same with the Revelation:

          English Standard Version
          The revelation of Jesus Christ, which God gave him...(Rev.1:1)

          And...

          English Standard Version
          but there is a God in heaven who reveals mysteries,...(Dan. 2:28)

          "a God", not "a god". Hopefully, that was made clear by the "Watchers".
          ???
          did you reply to right post?
          One of the ekklēsia

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by tester View Post

            ???
            did you reply to right post?
            You saying you don't know who the "Watchers" are?
            31“When the Son of Man comes in his glory, and all the angels with him, then he will sit on his glorious throne. 32Before him will be gathered all the nations,.." (Mt. 25) May the Divine assistance remain always with us and the Choctaw Nation.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by Only_3 View Post

              You saying you don't know who the "Watchers" are?
              That is correct,


              One of the ekklēsia

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by tester View Post

                That is correct,

                Not surprised.

                English Standard Version
                The sentence is by the decree of the watchers, the decision by the word of the holy ones, to the end that the living may know that the Most High rules the kingdom of men and gives it to whom he will and sets over it the lowliest of men.’ (Dan. 4:17)
                31“When the Son of Man comes in his glory, and all the angels with him, then he will sit on his glorious throne. 32Before him will be gathered all the nations,.." (Mt. 25) May the Divine assistance remain always with us and the Choctaw Nation.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by Only_3 View Post

                  Not surprised.

                  English Standard Version
                  The sentence is by the decree of the watchers, the decision by the word of the holy ones, to the end that the living may know that the Most High rules the kingdom of men and gives it to whom he will and sets over it the lowliest of men.’ (Dan. 4:17)
                  good for you : 3 occurrences in the whole Bible; all in one book: meaning angels who watch?

                  and what does that have to do with you claim?
                  ""God doesn't have any authority""
                  One of the ekklēsia

                  Comment


                  • #10

                    Originally posted by Only_3 View Post
                    ..'
                    God doesn't have any authority. Authority is something that is granted to someone else.
                    ----------------


                    Does any Catholic want to offer a correction?
                    One of the ekklēsia

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by tester View Post
                      Originally posted by Only_3 View Post
                      ..'
                      God doesn't have any authority. Authority is something that is granted to someone else.
                      ----------------


                      Does any Catholic want to offer a correction?
                      crickets chirping
                      One of the ekklēsia

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by Only_3 View Post
                        From whom did Jesus get all authority in heaven and upon the earth?
                        From God the Father. But you wrote that God doesn't have authority. So, which is it? Does He or doesn't He?
                        "I am tired of being treated like a mushroom--they keep me in the dark and feed me manure!" (reasons why a Mormon was leaving the LDS church)
                        "What people don't realize is how much religion costs. They think faith is a big electric blanket, when of course, it is the cross."--Flannery O'Connor
                        “It’s easy to fool a man, but nearly impossible to convince him he's been fooled. --Mark Twain."
                        "I am a Missouri Synod Lutheran--NOT REFORMED/CALVINIST. PLEASE learn the difference."
                        "If the truth hurts--then it is working."--anonymous

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by Only_3 View Post
                          Not surprised.

                          English Standard Version
                          The sentence is by the decree of the watchers, the decision by the word of the holy ones, to the end that the living may know that the Most High rules the kingdom of men and gives it to whom he will and sets over it the lowliest of men.’ (Dan. 4:17)
                          from catholic posts on here and by their beliefs, it seems you are trying to say that catholics aren't among the living.

                          catholics claim the RCC - men are the most high that rule over men...

                          "I was changed, redeemed, forgiven before the blood was dry.

                          The debt I owed was canceled in the twinkling of an eye."

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by Bonnie View Post

                            From God the Father. But you wrote that God doesn't have authority. So, which is it? Does He or doesn't He?
                            God gives authority, because God transcends all authority.

                            And I heard a loud voice in heaven, saying, “Now the salvation and the power and the kingdom of our God and the authority of his Christ have come,... (Rev. 12:10)
                            ​​​​​
                            31“When the Son of Man comes in his glory, and all the angels with him, then he will sit on his glorious throne. 32Before him will be gathered all the nations,.." (Mt. 25) May the Divine assistance remain always with us and the Choctaw Nation.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by Only_3 View Post

                              God gives authority, because God transcends all authority.

                              And I heard a loud voice in heaven, saying, “Now the salvation and the power and the kingdom of our God and the authority of his Christ have come,... (Rev. 12:10)
                              ​​​​​
                              No one disagrees that God gives authority,

                              Does God have authority.?
                              IOW is authority something that God has?
                              One of the ekklēsia

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X