Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pachamama to be ‘integrated’ into Catholic liturgy?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pachamama to be ‘integrated’ into Catholic liturgy?

Great news CARM "Catholics", a bishop who was a key organizer of the wonderful Amazon Synod said in an interview that the pagan "Pachamama" statues that were present throughout the synod should be "integrated" into Catholic liturgy.

The German Catholic newspaper Die Tagespost quoted him as saying that the Pachamama statues were a "form of expression of the indigenous people," which could be "integrated into our liturgy."

Maybe soon Pachamama will have her own feast day!

Commenting upon the people who brought the Pachamama statues to Rome, the bishop said that they were "Catholic Christians who are far from adoring her as a divinity." It is, according to him, a symbol of fertility.

"And if it is for many a divinity, then it is an attack upon the soul of a people to throw them into the Tiber," he concluded, indicating that the statues could represent a goddess.

So the statues did not represent a divinity, but if they did represent a divinity (which they didn't) it was disrespectful to throw them in the Tiber.

Just think CARM "Catholics", soon you may see Pachamama statues in your very own parishes with kneelers and candles. You will be able to light a candle and kneel before Pachamama to say a prayer to her for your intentions.

Wouldn't that be wonderful?!?!?!?!?!

https://www.lifesitenews.com/blogs/k...tholic-liturgy
    "The Holy Roman Church condemns, rejects, anathematizes and declares to be outside the Body of Christ, which is the Church, whoever holds opposing or contrary views. Pope Eugene IV, Council of Florence

Nothing substantial to complain about eh?
    "Qostiid sahlo aak. Just because you can do a thing, does not always mean you should." Paarthurnax

Comment

Originally posted by Redmond View Post
      Nothing substantial to complain about eh?
      Obviously not to your Redmond.

Hey, what's a little pagan idol worship?

I'm sure most CARM "Catholics" agree with you.

Pagan idol worship in the Vatican? Move along, nothing to see here, just another day in the Novus Ordo sect with their apostate "pope".
      "The Holy Roman Church condemns, rejects, anathematizes and declares to be outside the Body of Christ, which is the Church, whoever holds opposing or contrary views. Pope Eugene IV, Council of Florence

Comment

Originally posted by Mysterium Fidei View Post

Obviously not to your Redmond.

Hey, what's a little pagan idol worship?

I'm sure most CARM "Catholics" agree with you.

Pagan idol worship in the Vatican? Move along, nothing to see here, just another day in the Novus Ordo sect with their apostate "pope".
        Thats the pot calling the kettle black. How many statues of mary do you have in your church? How many members go bowing or kneeling to it? Double standard much?
        Eph 5:11 And do not participate in the unfruitful deeds of darkness, but instead even expose them NASB

Comment

Aren't there already a number of Catholic customs that are based on pagan worship? Christmas trees? All of Christmas (the date...), for that matter?

Comment

Originally posted by Harel13 View Post
            Aren't there already a number of Catholic customs that are based on pagan worship? Christmas trees? All of Christmas (the date...), for that matter?
            Protestant don't have Christmas trees?

Comment

Protestant don't have Christmas trees?
              Could be, though I honestly couldn't care less. Regardless, your post was aimed at catholics, was it not?

Comment

Originally posted by Nondenom40 View Post

Thats the pot calling the kettle black. How many statues of mary do you have in your church? How many members go bowing or kneeling to it? Double standard much?
                Or swinging an incense burner in front of a statue of Mary holding a baby Jesus?
                "I am tired of being treated like a mushroom--they keep me in the dark and feed me manure!" (reasons why a Mormon was leaving the LDS church)
                "What people don't realize is how much religion costs. They think faith is a big electric blanket, when of course, it is the cross."--Flannery O'Connor
                “It’s easy to fool a man, but nearly impossible to convince him he's been fooled. --Mark Twain."
                "I am a Missouri Synod Lutheran--NOT REFORMED/CALVINIST. PLEASE learn the difference."
                "If the truth hurts--then it is working."--anonymous

Comment

Could be, though I honestly couldn't care less. Regardless, your post was aimed at catholics, was it not?
                  You don't celebrate any holidays? Are you one of Jehovah's Witnesses?

Comment

You don't know? Only Catholics have Christmas trees? Do you do a Christmas tree? Do you celebrate Christmas?

I find it amusing that protestants continually accuse Catholics of paganism when, more than a thousand years before Luther's first heresy, the Catholic Church was converting a pagan world to Christianity!

Where was brother Martin Luther then?

Comment

You don't know? Only Catholics have Christmas trees? Do you do a Christmas tree? Do you celebrate Christmas?

I find it amusing that protestants continually accuse Catholics of paganism when, more than a thousand years before Luther's first heresy, the Catholic Church was converting a pagan world to Christianity!

I assume most Christians do. I, however, am not a Christian.

Comment

You don't celebrate any holidays? Are you one of Jehovah's Witnesses?
                        JWs don't celebrate holidays? That's sad.

Comment

a thousand yrs before his first heresy (according to the RCC), ML did not exist. neither did his parents or grandparents...

nor was the CC converting anyone to Christianity at that time (not before that or after it either). The CC converts people to catholicism, not Christianity. the RCC/CC has its false gods and false beliefs. it doesn't believe or teach God's word.
                          "I was changed, redeemed, forgiven before the blood was dry.

The debt I owed was canceled in the twinkling of an eye."

Comment

Great news CARM "Catholics", a bishop who was a key organizer of the wonderful Amazon Synod said in an interview that the pagan "Pachamama" statues that were present throughout the synod should be "integrated" into Catholic liturgy.

The German Catholic newspaper Die Tagespost quoted him as saying that the Pachamama statues were a "form of expression of the indigenous people," which could be "integrated into our liturgy."

Maybe soon Pachamama will have her own feast day!

Commenting upon the people who brought the Pachamama statues to Rome, the bishop said that they were "Catholic Christians who are far from adoring her as a divinity." It is, according to him, a symbol of fertility.

"And if it is for many a divinity, then it is an attack upon the soul of a people to throw them into the Tiber," he concluded, indicating that the statues could represent a goddess.

So the statues did not represent a divinity, but if they did represent a divinity (which they didn't) it was disrespectful to throw them in the Tiber.

Just think CARM "Catholics", soon you may see Pachamama statues in your very own parishes with kneelers and candles. You will be able to light a candle and kneel before Pachamama to say a prayer to her for your intentions.

Wouldn't that be wonderful?!?!?!?!?!

https://www.lifesitenews.com/blogs/k...tholic-liturgy
                            Whats new? Catholicism has done that many, many times down through the ages.

Comment

Sure we Protestants celebrate Christmas and most of us have Christmas trees, for decoration. But we don't worship or venerate them. We do bend the knee to them....to water them.
                              "I am tired of being treated like a mushroom--they keep me in the dark and feed me manure!" (reasons why a Mormon was leaving the LDS church)
                              "What people don't realize is how much religion costs. They think faith is a big electric blanket, when of course, it is the cross."--Flannery O'Connor
                              “It’s easy to fool a man, but nearly impossible to convince him he's been fooled. --Mark Twain."
                              "I am a Missouri Synod Lutheran--NOT REFORMED/CALVINIST. PLEASE learn the difference."
                              "If the truth hurts--then it is working."--anonymous

Comment

Working...
                              X