Compromising scripture

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Compromising scripture

For years now the RCC has been using the RSV in its correspondence to the English speaking countries. When the NRSV can out one would have expected the RCC to start using it over the RSV. But that hasn't happened. The main reason appears to be because the NRSV compromised scripture by making it more gender neutral.

Here we see the high standards RCC has in maintaining the integrity of scripture and not succumbing to social pressure - unlike our nCCs counterparts who seem to cave in under the pressure.

So why do the nCCs accuse the RCC of not having much regard for scripture?????
    "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain what he cannot lose." Jim Elliot

"There is no pit so deep that God's love is not deeper still." Betsy ten Boom

"God in His deepest mystery is not a solitude, but a family, since He has in Himself fatherhood, sonship, and the essence of the family, which is love." John Paul II

’Then Mary said, ‘Here am I, the servant of the Lord; let it be with me according to your word.’ One of the greatest responses in all of scripture.

Originally posted by rldlolbeding View Post
    For years now the RCC has been using the RSV in its correspondence to the English speaking countries. When the NRSV can out one would have expected the RCC to start using it over the RSV. But that hasn't happened. The main reason appears to be because the NRSV compromised scripture by making it more gender neutral.

Here we see the high standards RCC has in maintaining the integrity of scripture and not succumbing to social pressure - unlike our nCCs counterparts who seem to cave in under the pressure.

Are you saying the NRSV does not have the RCC's "imprimatur" and the 'nihil obstat"?
    1Peter 1:18,19 Redeemed ... with the precious blood of Christ

Comment

Originally posted by PeanutGallery View Post
      Are you saying the NRSV does not have the RCC's "imprimatur" and the 'nihil obstat"?
      Not to my knowledge.
      "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain what he cannot lose." Jim Elliot

"God in His deepest mystery is not a solitude, but a family, since He has in Himself fatherhood, sonship, and the essence of the family, which is love." John Paul II

’Then Mary said, ‘Here am I, the servant of the Lord; let it be with me according to your word.’ One of the greatest responses in all of scripture.

Comment

Not to my knowledge.
        Hi Ridlolbeding,

There is a New Revised Standard Version - Catholic Edition (NRSV-CE). It uses the NRSV text and includes the Deuterocanonical books.

Let us pray for one another and love one another.

-Ray-

The Good News is that Jesus Christ died and rose for our sins so that we might be saved.

Comment

Not to my knowledge.
          Should you not verify before you end up in trouble with RCC's Pope?

Comment

Should you not verify before you end up in trouble with RCC's Pope?
            In trouble for what?

Comment

In trouble for what?
              For challenging the Pope's authority; thus, should not verify if NRSV and NRSV-CE have "imprimatur" and the 'nihil obstat"?

Comment

Because you consistently IGNORE WHAT IT SAYS, and teach your own pagan nonsense instead.

Comment

For challenging the Pope's authority; thus, should not verify if NRSV and NRSV-CE have "imprimatur" and the 'nihil obstat"?
                  Where did I challenge the Pope's authority?

Comment

Originally posted by Bob Carabbio View Post

Because you consistently IGNORE WHAT IT SAYS, and teach your own pagan nonsense instead.
                    So you are saying that it is alright for the nCCs to compromise scripture by making it gender neutral?

Comment

So you are saying that it is alright for the nCCs to compromise scripture by making it gender neutral?
                      Yeah. That's exactly what he said

Seriously, how do you get that from the reply below to your question "So why do the nCCs accuse the RCC of not having much regard for scripture?????" ---

Originally posted by Bob Carabbio View Post
                      Is there an actual train of thought here that brings you to this conclusion or are you just saying the first thought that comes to you?

Obviously a true believer will never compromise God's word whether it's trying to make it gender neutral, adding uninspired works or any other false doctrine.

So, no. No it's not alright for nccs or anyone else to compromise scripture by making it gender neutral, etc.
                      2 Corinthians 5:7 ~ for we walk by faith, not by sight

Romans 10:9 ~ that if you confess with your mouth the Lord Jesus and believe in your heart that God has raised Him from the dead, you will be saved

Comment

Originally posted by illini1959 View Post

Seriously, how do you get that from the reply below to your question "So why do the nCCs accuse the RCC of not having much regard for scripture?????" ---

Is there an actual train of thought here that brings you to this conclusion or are you just saying the first thought that comes to you?

Obviously a true believer will never compromise God's word whether it's trying to make it gender neutral, adding uninspired works or any other false doctrine.

So, no. No it's not alright for nccs or anyone else to compromise scripture by making it gender neutral, etc.
                        It is quite obvious that the nCCs succumb to social pressures.

Comment

Which modern bible version to use is definitely the most pressing issue in the Novus Ordo sect today, isn't it Rldlolbeding?

Your fake LGBT promoting, pedophile protecting "pope", allows the worship of the pagan fertility Pachamama idol in the Vatican, but it's OK.

Do you think either of you will get a statue of Pachamama in your parishes soon? Have you asked your priests about it yet?
                          "The Holy Roman Church condemns, rejects, anathematizes and declares to be outside the Body of Christ, which is the Church, whoever holds opposing or contrary views.” Pope Eugene IV, Council of Florence

Comment

Originally posted by illini1959 View Post

many nCs do, just like Cs succumb to the pressures of the RCC and its teachings. Many, many nCs aren't believers.

what particular social pressure are you addressing in the above post by illini?

"I was changed, redeemed, forgiven before the blood was dry.

The debt I owed was canceled in the twinkling of an eye."

Comment

lol! And rccs don't? Really??

Additionally, rccs cave in to religious pressures every minute of their existence.
                              2 Corinthians 5:7 ~ for we walk by faith, not by sight

Romans 10:9 ~ that if you confess with your mouth the Lord Jesus and believe in your heart that God has raised Him from the dead, you will be saved

Comment

Working...
                              X