Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

casting down imaginations

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • casting down imaginations

    2 Cor 10:5
    Casting down imaginations, and every high thing that exalteth itself against the knowledge of God, and bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ;

    Some versions translate it as demolish arguments and every pretension that sets itself up.

    I would say this means that the RCC should be cast down. It exalts itself against the knowledge of God, it does so by adding to scripture, by placing saints on pedestals, by naming a man Vicar of Christ, by going against apostolic teachings, by claiming for itself the glory that belongs to God alone. When will the RCs discern the false fruits of their institution and cast down imaginations?

  • #2
    Originally posted by balshan View Post
    When will the RCs discern the false fruits of their institution and cast down imaginations?
    They were given a HUGE chance to do exactly that in 1962 - 78 or so, And MANY Roman Catholic individuals, came into a saving Knowledge of Jesus, and were Baptized with the Holy Spirit. The "Pope" at the time even acknowledged it, BUT cautioned that NOTHING taught by ROME should be questioned. Bergoglio, of course, as a Non-Christian Universalist, has moved Romanism even farther from the truth than it was before.

    SO the answer is: Institutional; Roman Catholicism WILL NEVER change anything about it's manifold LIES, and phony Traditions, except to add more heresy to their already burgeoning collection.

    Individual Roman Catholic VICTIMS, however, WILL be able by GOD'S GRACE and MERCY, to come to God in Faith and become saved Christians.

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by balshan View Post
      2 Cor 10:5
      Casting down imaginations, and every high thing that exalteth itself against the knowledge of God, and bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ;

      Some versions translate it as demolish arguments and every pretension that sets itself up.

      I would say this means that the RCC should be cast down. It exalts itself against the knowledge of God, it does so by adding to scripture, by placing saints on pedestals, by naming a man Vicar of Christ, by going against apostolic teachings, by claiming for itself the glory that belongs to God alone. When will the RCs discern the false fruits of their institution and cast down imaginations?
      -The NT was added to scripture.

      -Scripture alone goes against apostolic teaching.
      "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain what he cannot lose." Jim Elliot

      "There is no pit so deep that God's love is not deeper still." Betsy ten Boom

      "God in His deepest mystery is not a solitude, but a family, since He has in Himself fatherhood, sonship, and the essence of the family, which is love." John Paul II

      ’Then Mary said, ‘Here am I, the servant of the Lord; let it be with me according to your word.’ One of the greatest responses in all of scripture.

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by rldlolbeding View Post

        -The NT was added to scripture.

        -Scripture alone goes against apostolic teaching.
        1 Cor 4:6

        By the way the NT has always been part of scripture. By the way you didn't answer the post at all. Shows why you have problems with scripture.

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by balshan View Post

          1 Cor 4:6

          By the way the NT has always been part of scripture. By the way you didn't answer the post at all. Shows why you have problems with scripture.
          Really, the NT has always been a part of scripture ?????? I don't think so. You may want to check your history again .
          "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain what he cannot lose." Jim Elliot

          "There is no pit so deep that God's love is not deeper still." Betsy ten Boom

          "God in His deepest mystery is not a solitude, but a family, since He has in Himself fatherhood, sonship, and the essence of the family, which is love." John Paul II

          ’Then Mary said, ‘Here am I, the servant of the Lord; let it be with me according to your word.’ One of the greatest responses in all of scripture.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by balshan View Post
            2 Cor 10:5
            Casting down imaginations, and every high thing that exalteth itself against the knowledge of God, and bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ;

            Some versions translate it as demolish arguments and every pretension that sets itself up.

            I would say this means that the RCC should be cast down. It exalts itself against the knowledge of God, it does so by adding to scripture, by placing saints on pedestals, by naming a man Vicar of Christ, by going against apostolic teachings, by claiming for itself the glory that belongs to God alone. When will the RCs discern the false fruits of their institution and cast down imaginations?
            Originally posted by rldlolbeding View Post
            -The NT was added to scripture.

            -Scripture alone goes against apostolic teaching.
            scripture includes OT and NT. if you have a problem with that, take it up with God. catholic writings are not part of the OT or the NT.

            please explain that - using scripture.

            "I was changed, redeemed, forgiven before the blood was dry.

            The debt I owed was canceled in the twinkling of an eye."

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by mica View Post

              scripture includes OT and NT. if you have a problem with that, take it up with God. catholic writings are not part of the OT or the NT.

              please explain that - using scripture.
              The NT was not apart of scripture. It was added to scripture
              "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain what he cannot lose." Jim Elliot

              "There is no pit so deep that God's love is not deeper still." Betsy ten Boom

              "God in His deepest mystery is not a solitude, but a family, since He has in Himself fatherhood, sonship, and the essence of the family, which is love." John Paul II

              ’Then Mary said, ‘Here am I, the servant of the Lord; let it be with me according to your word.’ One of the greatest responses in all of scripture.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by rldlolbeding View Post

                Really, the NT has always been a part of scripture ?????? I don't think so. You may want to check your history again .
                Really you cannot see the NT in the OT. Really you may need to read scripture from cover to cover. The whole OT is pointing to the new covenant. The NT is full of the OT, so that means the NT is to be found in the OT.

                How poor is the RCC teaching. For example the OT makes up 31 percent of the Matthew.

                http://www.biblecharts.org/newtestaa...wtestament.pdf

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by rldlolbeding View Post

                  The NT was not apart of scripture. It was added to scripture
                  It appears the apostles accepted it.And you are doing a great job diverting. Well down. But let us be honest the post is about

                  2 Cor 10:5
                  Casting down imaginations, and every high thing that exalteth itself against the knowledge of God, and bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ;

                  Some versions translate it as demolish arguments and every pretension that sets itself up.

                  I would say this means that the RCC should be cast down. It exalts itself against the knowledge of God, it does so by adding to scripture, by placing saints on pedestals, by naming a man Vicar of Christ, by going against apostolic teachings, by claiming for itself the glory that belongs to God alone. When will the RCs discern the false fruits of their institution and cast down imaginations
                  ?

                  I agree your institution should be cast down, that is line with scripture. No need to sidetrack, if you want to discuss NT being added to the OT start your own thread. But great try. Typical RC lazy response when they cannot answer, they divert.
                  Last edited by balshan; 11-10-19, 10:49 PM.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by rldlolbeding View Post

                    -The NT was added to scripture.

                    -Scripture alone goes against apostolic teaching.
                    The n.t. IS scripture. Your apocrypha was added to your canon by men unqualified to do so.
                    Eph 5:11 And do not participate in the unfruitful deeds of darkness, but instead even expose them NASB

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by balshan View Post

                      Really you cannot see the NT in the OT. Really you may need to read scripture from cover to cover. The whole OT is pointing to the new covenant. The NT is full of the OT, so that means the NT is to be found in the OT.

                      How poor is the RCC teaching. For example the OT makes up 31 percent of the Matthew.

                      http://www.biblecharts.org/newtestaa...wtestament.pdf
                      I'm sure that isn't something catholics know. the RCC doesn't teach it and catholics don't know enough scripture to realize that. the RCC reads some disjointed verses, it does not teach about them or tie verses together.

                      "I was changed, redeemed, forgiven before the blood was dry.

                      The debt I owed was canceled in the twinkling of an eye."

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by rldlolbeding View Post

                        The NT was not apart of scripture. It was added to scripture
                        Who added it?

                        is it acceptable now in the RCC for catholics not to believe what Peter taught?

                        "I was changed, redeemed, forgiven before the blood was dry.

                        The debt I owed was canceled in the twinkling of an eye."

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by mica View Post
                          Who added it?

                          is it acceptable now in the RCC for catholics not to believe what Peter taught?
                          It proves that the man made standard of sola scriptura the nCCs have set up doesn't work for all Christian beliefs .
                          "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain what he cannot lose." Jim Elliot

                          "There is no pit so deep that God's love is not deeper still." Betsy ten Boom

                          "God in His deepest mystery is not a solitude, but a family, since He has in Himself fatherhood, sonship, and the essence of the family, which is love." John Paul II

                          ’Then Mary said, ‘Here am I, the servant of the Lord; let it be with me according to your word.’ One of the greatest responses in all of scripture.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by rldlolbeding View Post

                            The NT was not apart of scripture. It was added to scripture
                            WRONG....The NT was scripture the SECOND it was penned. It IS scripture....you can't add scripture to scripture.
                            ~~~My sheep hear My voice, and I know them, and they follow Me. And I give them eternal life, and they shall never perish; neither shall anyone snatch them out of My Father's hand~~~

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by Nondenom40 View Post

                              The n.t. IS scripture. Your apocrypha was added to your canon by men unqualified to do so.
                              And the NT was added by qualified men?
                              "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain what he cannot lose." Jim Elliot

                              "There is no pit so deep that God's love is not deeper still." Betsy ten Boom

                              "God in His deepest mystery is not a solitude, but a family, since He has in Himself fatherhood, sonship, and the essence of the family, which is love." John Paul II

                              ’Then Mary said, ‘Here am I, the servant of the Lord; let it be with me according to your word.’ One of the greatest responses in all of scripture.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X