Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Luther to be portrayed on RCC postage stamps?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Southsider
    started a topic Luther to be portrayed on RCC postage stamps?

Luther to be portrayed on RCC postage stamps?

This comes from a legitimate news source so it can't be immediately dismissed as "fake", but it still seems pretty incredulous. Is it a true story, and what does it say about changes in RCC dogma in the near future?

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/...honored-vatic/

• Atemi
    replied
    Originally posted by James Swan View Post
    Mutual dialogue, understanding, forgiveness is a worthy pursuit no matter what area of life: be it theology or going to the grocery store. This though is not in contradiction to holding fast to what one believes. I can disagree with you without slandering you. In fact, I asked a few questions of something you posted on another thread. There was nothing in my questions intended to gouge out your eyes.
    Catholics have told me that simply telling a Catholic they are wrong is uncharitable. Of course, these same Catholics insist that if they tell others they are wrong, that is good, noble, and just.

It is important in the Catholic worldview in this era to take on the role of victim. That way they can excuse themselves from ever paying any attention to what any of their critics have to say. It is a defense mechanism.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied

Mutual dialogue, understanding, forgiveness is a worthy pursuit no matter what area of life: be it theology or going to the grocery store. This though is not in contradiction to holding fast to what one believes. I can disagree with you without slandering you. In fact, I asked a few questions of something you posted on another thread. There was nothing in my questions intended to gouge out your eyes.
    Again... fascinating

Leave a comment:

• James Swan
    replied
    Originally posted by illuminator View Post

Who needs reconciliation, mutual dialogue, understanding, forgiveness. Gouging each other's eyes out is more fun. Carry on, CARM!

Leave a comment:

• illuminator
    replied

I find the interactions with Father Don over on CA... fascinating. He's basically saying that Roman Catholics who slander Luther and don't join in ecumenism are not being obedient to Rome: He states, " a dicastery can issue directives that are, absolutely, binding; they are dispositive." Favorite comment from Father Don so far on this (in response to a fellow Roman Catholic): "Well, then all you are left with is your opinion. As a priest and a theologian, such uninformed opinions have neither value nor interest."

Fascinating.
    Who needs reconciliation, mutual dialogue, understanding, forgiveness. Gouging each other's eyes out is more fun. Carry on, CARM!

Leave a comment:

Guest replied

I find the interactions with Father Don over on CA... fascinating. He's basically saying that Roman Catholics who slander Luther and don't join in ecumenism are not being obedient to Rome: He states, " a dicastery can issue directives that are, absolutely, binding; they are dispositive." Favorite comment from Father Don so far on this (in response to a fellow Roman Catholic): "Well, then all you are left with is your opinion. As a priest and a theologian, such uninformed opinions have neither value nor interest."

Fascinating.
    I haven't logged in at CA for quite some time but you are right about Father Don, fascinating, I used to follow his posts, really admire and respect the man. Maybe it's time to log in at CA and start following his posts again.

Leave a comment:

• SalusaSecondus
    replied
    I hope I can get some.

Leave a comment:

• Southsider
    replied

Fascinating.
    Sounds like the Magisterium is pursuing a policy of ecumenism, if the Luther stamp is already in the works, can a Calvin stamp and a Knox stamp be that far down the road for the RCC Post Office?

Leave a comment:

• James Swan
    replied
    Originally posted by kmerian View Post

so it is, I thought someone at the Vatican had really gotten brave.

I am concerned by the news, but will wait to see.

Fascinating.

Leave a comment:

• kmerian
    replied

Interesting "little research",,, the picture is a spoof.
    so it is, I thought someone at the Vatican had really gotten brave.

I am concerned by the news, but will wait to see.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied

lol.... great research!

Leave a comment:

• Southsider
    replied

Did a little research on Italian blogs, and YES, they are, but it is not flattering:

It commemorates 500 years of the "pseudo-reformation" of Martin Luther.
    That's sort of witty I guess, but Frank has shown a much more conciliatory tone toward Lutherans anyhow. The RCC has changed its dogmas quite a bit since the Luther-Eck debates,
    https://cruxnow.com/papal-visit/2016...red-eucharist/

Leave a comment:

• James Swan
    replied

Did a little research on Italian blogs, and YES, they are, but it is not flattering:
    http://tinyurl.com/hth5g7s

Leave a comment:

• kmerian
    replied
    Originally posted by Southsider View Post
    This comes from a legitimate news source so it can't be immediately dismissed as "fake", but it still seems pretty incredulous. Is it a true story, and what does it say about changes in RCC dogma in the near future?

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/...honored-vatic/
    http://tinyurl.com/hth5g7s

Leave a comment:

• Atemi
    replied
    Originally posted by tester View Post
    74 post at Catholicdotcom new

most are confused or outraged: but not here.

Everything in fine
    Putting on the act amongst outsiders is a vital part of being a Catholic or cultist. Appearance is waaaaaaaay more important than substance in Roman Catholicism, which is quite ironic when you think about it.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X