Announcement

Collapse

Message to all users:

https://carm.org/forum-rules

Super Member Subscription
https://carm.org/carm-super-members-banner-ad-signup

As most of you are aware, we had a crash to forums and were down for over two days a while back. We did have to do an upgrade to the vbulletin software to fix the forums and that has created changes, VB no longer provide the hybrid or threaded forums. There are some issues/changes to the forums we are not able to fix or change. Also note the link address change, please let friends and posters know of the changed link to the forums. For now this is the only link available, https://forums.carm.org/vb5/ but if clicking on forum on carm.org homepage it will now send you to this link. (edited to add https: now working.

Again, we are working through some of the posting and viewing issues to learn how to post with the changes, you will have to check and test the different features, icons that have changed. You may also want to go to profile settings,since many of the notifications, information in profile, also to update/edit your avatar by clicking on avatar space, pull down arrow next to login for user settings.

Edit to add "How to read forums, to make it easier."
Pull down arrow next to login name upper right select profile, or user settings when page opens to profile,select link in tab that says Account. Then select/choose options, go down to Conversation Detail Options, Select Display mode Posts, NOT Activity, that selection of Posts will make the pages of discussions go to last post on last page rather than out of order that happens if you choose activity threads. Then be sure to go to bottom and select SAVE Changes in your profile options. You can then follow discussions by going through the pages, to the last page having latest responses. Then click on the other links Privacy, Notifications, to select viewing options,the forums get easier if you open all the tabs or links in your profile, user settings and select options. To join Super Member, pull down arrow next to login name, select User Settings and then click on tab/link at top that says Subscriptions.

Thank you for your patience and God Bless.

Diane S
https://carm.org/forum-rules
See more
See less

Evangelicals Rejoice as Another Catholic is Nominated to the Supreme Court

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Evangelicals Rejoice as Another Catholic is Nominated to the Supreme Court

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...=.b3b6cf14eae8

For millions of evangelical Christians, President Trump’s announcement Monday night was the vision they held in their heads as they stepped into the polling booth almost two years ago: a Republican president, filling the Supreme Court with more conservative justices who might drastically curtail access to legal abortion and advance other conservative Christian priorities.

Assuming Kavanaugh is confirmed, the court would remain six Catholics (though one now attending the Episcopal Church) and three Jews.
    Last edited by Curious Joe; 07-10-18, 08:11 AM.
    Arise, O Lord, and go to thy resting place, thou and the ark of thy might. [Psalm 132:8 (RSVCE)]

Originally posted by Curious Joe View Post

For millions of evangelical Christians, President Trump’s announcement Monday night was the vision they held in their heads as they stepped into the polling booth almost two years ago: a Republican president, filling the Supreme Court with more conservative justices who might drastically curtail access to legal abortion and advance other conservative Christian priorities.

Assuming Kavanaugh is confirmed, the court would remain six Catholics (though one now attending the Episcopal Church) and three Jews.
    I guess this story puts the lie to the idea that evangelicals are somehow "anti-catholic" in the least, and are willing to judge the Roman Catholic Rank and File by a fair measure and not show any bigotry at all.

Comment

I will take what I can get. If it a catholic, so be it. If it's a Jew, so be it. But if being catholic is a sign of being for God, why are there so many catholics on the court and so many anti-God laws allowed to pass the SC?

Comment

Originally posted by DMBD View Post

I will take what I can get. If it a catholic, so be it. If it's a Jew, so be it. But if being catholic is a sign of being for God, why are there so many catholics on the court and so many anti-God laws allowed to pass the SC?
        Then why are evangelicals rejoicing?
        Arise, O Lord, and go to thy resting place, thou and the ark of thy might. [Psalm 132:8 (RSVCE)]

Comment

I have already seen where some Evangelicals are suspicious that he went to a Jesuit high school. Rabid anti-Catholic Evangelicals and anti-Catholic Leftists are on the same page on this one.
          "Heretical teachers pervert Scripture and try to get into Heaven with a false key, for they have formed their human assemblies later than the Catholic Church. Pope St. Clement I (88-97)

Comment

Originally posted by Lamb's Servant View Post
            I have already seen where some Evangelicals are suspicious that he went to a Jesuit high school. Rabid anti-Catholic Evangelicals and anti-Catholic Leftists are on the same page on this one.
            I doubt that would be a problem, Patrick J Buchanan went to a Jesuit run high school as well as college, and a lot of evangelicals supported him

Comment

Originally posted by Southsider View Post

I doubt that would be a problem, Patrick J Buchanan went to a Jesuit run high school as well as college, and a lot of evangelicals supported him
              That's good. Maybe there is still hope.
              "Heretical teachers pervert Scripture and try to get into Heaven with a false key, for they have formed their human assemblies later than the Catholic Church. Pope St. Clement I (88-97)

Comment

Then why are evangelicals rejoicing?
                Duh, Just like slot machines, one may get lucky.

Comment

Originally posted by Southsider View Post
                  I guess this story puts the lie to the idea that evangelicals are somehow "anti-catholic" in the least, and are willing to judge the Roman Catholic Rank and File by a fair measure and not show any bigotry at all.
                  They are not sure what narrative they want to stick with. They make it up as they go.

"The great enemy of the truth is very often not the lie, deliberate, contrived and dishonest, but the myth, persistent, persuasive and unrealistic."- John F. Kennedy

Comment

Originally posted by Atemi View Post

They are not sure what narrative they want to stick with. They make it up as they go.

Catholics for some reason, feel secure knowing that at lest they will be back stabbed by their catholic brethren.

Comment

Working...
                    X