Announcement

Collapse

Message to all users:

https://carm.org/forum-rules

Super Member Subscription
https://carm.org/carm-super-members-banner-ad-signup

As most of you are aware, we had a crash to forums and were down for over two days a while back. We did have to do an upgrade to the vbulletin software to fix the forums and that has created changes, VB no longer provide the hybrid or threaded forums. There are some issues/changes to the forums we are not able to fix or change. Also note the link address change, please let friends and posters know of the changed link to the forums. For now this is the only link available, https://forums.carm.org/vb5/ but if clicking on forum on carm.org homepage it will now send you to this link. (edited to add https: now working.

Again, we are working through some of the posting and viewing issues to learn how to post with the changes, you will have to check and test the different features, icons that have changed. You may also want to go to profile settings,since many of the notifications, information in profile, also to update/edit your avatar by clicking on avatar space, pull down arrow next to login for user settings.

Edit to add "How to read forums, to make it easier."
Pull down arrow next to login name upper right select profile, or user settings when page opens to profile,select link in tab that says Account. Then select/choose options, go down to Conversation Detail Options, Select Display mode Posts, NOT Activity, that selection of Posts will make the pages of discussions go to last post on last page rather than out of order that happens if you choose activity threads. Then be sure to go to bottom and select SAVE Changes in your profile options. You can then follow discussions by going through the pages, to the last page having latest responses. Then click on the other links Privacy, Notifications, to select viewing options,the forums get easier if you open all the tabs or links in your profile, user settings and select options. To join Super Member, pull down arrow next to login name, select User Settings and then click on tab/link at top that says Subscriptions.

Thank you for your patience and God Bless.

Diane S
https://carm.org/forum-rules
See more
See less

Wuerl resigns his cardinalship

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Wuerl resigns his cardinalship

    Will the disgraced ex-arch of the RCC be allowed to keep his pension and be allowed to continue to live on RCC property as disgraced Homosexual Archbishop Weakland was?

    Weakland has retired to St. Vincent Archabbey just east of Pittsburgh, maybe Wuerl will join him?


    https://www.wpxi.com/news/top-storie...uerl/851753287

  • #2
    from the article ...

    In a September letter entitled “To Begin the Healing,” Wuerl said he was prepared to step down as archbishop of Washington.

    He didn't resign as cardinal but as Archbishop of Washington DC

    He will now have a cushy assignment in Rome
    Your life has shown you to your flock as a rule of faith, an image of gentleness, and a teacher of moderation. You acquired greatness through humility and wealth through poverty. [source: Troparion of St.Nicholas (Byzantine-Ruthenian usage)]

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by Curious Joe View Post
      from the article ...

      In a September letter entitled “To Begin the Healing,” Wuerl said he was prepared to step down as archbishop of Washington.

      He didn't resign as cardinal but as Archbishop of Washington DC

      He will now have a cushy assignment in Rome

      I'm sorry I missed that, I was brushing my teeth when they read the story on TV and really didn't read the link (figuring I already heard it).

      In Rome, the Magisterium can protect him from Pennsylvania prosecutors that might want to speak with him as a witness for paedophilia cases.

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by Southsider View Post


        I'm sorry I missed that, I was brushing my teeth when they read the story on TV and really didn't read the link (figuring I already heard it).

        In Rome, the Magisterium can protect him from Pennsylvania prosecutors that might want to speak with him as a witness for paedophilia cases.
        Also from the news. He may be stepping down but he is staying on right now as an administrator while they select someone else. Until then, he's still working. You'd think if this kind of activity were real he would have been shown the door not kept around while they pick someone else. This whole thing isn't just shameful but lacking in any kind of real discipline. So when we hear the usual mantra of 'take it to the church' its literally meaningless. From the pope down, no one is really interested in doing anything as far as discipline or reform.
        Eph 5:11 And do not participate in the unfruitful deeds of darkness, but instead even expose them NASB

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by Curious Joe View Post
          from the article ...

          In a September letter entitled “To Begin the Healing,” Wuerl said he was prepared to step down as archbishop of Washington.

          He didn't resign as cardinal but as Archbishop of Washington DC

          He will now have a cushy assignment in Rome
          ya, that's a good punishment.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by Nondenom40 View Post

            Also from the news. He may be stepping down but he is staying on right now as an administrator while they select someone else. Until then, he's still working. You'd think if this kind of activity were real he would have been shown the door not kept around while they pick someone else. This whole thing isn't just shameful but lacking in any kind of real discipline. So when we hear the usual mantra of 'take it to the church' its literally meaningless. From the pope down, no one is really interested in doing anything as far as discipline or reform.


            Quite a difference between the way that Mr. Wuerl was "punished" for enabling decades of child molestation, in comparison to the decisive way which Mr. Kalchick, an RCC priest in Chicago was dealt with for merely proposing to burn the Homosexual Flag. ( he ended up not doing it, but his parishioners did)

            Cardinal Cupich's security detail immediately went to Mr. Kalchik's work location, had him clean out his desk, fired him, and removed him physically from the property. Kalchik was told to leave and never return.

            The RCC is certainly capable of decisive action.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by Southsider View Post



              Quite a difference between the way that Mr. Wuerl was "punished" for enabling decades of child molestation, in comparison to the decisive way which Mr. Kalchick, an RCC priest in Chicago was dealt with for merely proposing to burn the Homosexual Flag. ( he ended up not doing it, but his parishioners did)

              Cardinal Cupich's security detail immediately went to Mr. Kalchik's work location, had him clean out his desk, fired him, and removed him physically from the property. Kalchik was told to leave and never return.

              The RCC is certainly capable of decisive action.
              Yes they can. Especially when it comes to protecting their perverted priests. No telling how many centuries this has been going on. No wonder God sent Luther.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Southsider View Post



                Quite a difference between the way that Mr. Wuerl was "punished" for enabling decades of child molestation, in comparison to the decisive way which Mr. Kalchick, an RCC priest in Chicago was dealt with for merely proposing to burn the Homosexual Flag. ( he ended up not doing it, but his parishioners did)

                Cardinal Cupich's security detail immediately went to Mr. Kalchik's work location, had him clean out his desk, fired him, and removed him physically from the property. Kalchik was told to leave and never return.

                The RCC is certainly capable of decisive action.
                Priorities huh?
                Eph 5:11 And do not participate in the unfruitful deeds of darkness, but instead even expose them NASB

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by Southsider View Post
                  Will the disgraced ex-arch of the RCC be allowed to keep his pension and be allowed to continue to live on RCC property as disgraced Homosexual Archbishop Weakland was?

                  Weakland has retired to St. Vincent Archabbey just east of Pittsburgh, maybe Wuerl will join him?


                  https://www.wpxi.com/news/top-storie...uerl/851753287
                  I doubt that your sense of the need for justice here, and any possible anger you may feel toward child molesters, is not also felt by many faithful Catholics, lay and clergy. All Christians ought to be wary of anger - wary of cloaking their feelings with the acceptable title of "righteous anger", and masking the desire for unholy vengeance. "Vengeance is mine; I will repay, says the Lord."

                  In God, justice is never separate from mercy, nor from His all-holy Love. While a man lives, he can repent of his sins and be saved. We must keep open to that possibility, for any sinner, that he might repent and be saved - and we ought, as sinners ourselves, seek to allow any man the possibility of repentance and even seek to facilitate that for him, if we can.

                  Mat 5:7 "Blessed are the merciful, for they shall obtain mercy."

                  Mat 6:14 For if you forgive men their trespasses, your heavenly Father also will forgive you;
                  Mat 6:15 but if you do not forgive men their trespasses, neither will your Father forgive your trespasses.

                  I'm not saying to be all-"mercy" and no justice, no cost to the offender - not at all. I'm only saying that true justice, rightly bound with mercy and with divine love, is part of the hard road, hard to find and to walk, following Jesus.
                  ... For salvation is nearer to us now than when we first believed;...
                  But put on the Lord Jesus Christ, and make no provision for the flesh, to gratify its desires. (Rom 13)

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by Nondenom40 View Post

                    Also from the news. He may be stepping down but he is staying on right now as an administrator while they select someone else. Until then, he's still working. You'd think if this kind of activity were real he would have been shown the door not kept around while they pick someone else. This whole thing isn't just shameful but lacking in any kind of real discipline. So when we hear the usual mantra of 'take it to the church' its literally meaningless. From the pope down, no one is really interested in doing anything as far as discipline or reform.
                    It's a complete farce and once again disrespects the victims AGAIN.
                    It is fundamentally necessary and healthy for Christians to acknowledge that God foreknows nothing uncertainly, but that He foresees, purposes, and does all things according to His own immutable, eternal and infallible will. This bombshell knocks "free-will" flat…

                    Martin Luther The Bondage of the Will

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by Beloved Daughter View Post

                      It's a complete farce and once again disrespects the victims AGAIN.
                      Still....imho
                      Eph 5:11 And do not participate in the unfruitful deeds of darkness, but instead even expose them NASB

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by Nondenom40 View Post

                        Priorities huh?
                        The RCC does have their priorities, and getting rid of paedophiles isn't high on the list.

                        Protecting the self esteem of homosexuals by not allowing the burning of the homosexual flag- that will get you thrown out, no questions asked.

                        DItto, if a priest is found to have married a woman- he'll be excomm'ed in a flash.

                        Even a civilian man getting married to a woman , without the official authorization of the RCC means being told to vamoose.



                        Frank needs to get the RCC in order and issue a papal bull on this, and get serious about child molestation.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by Nondenom40 View Post

                          Still....imho
                          Victims mean nothing to these evil predators.

                          They know nothing of God. The Catholic Church is run by pedophiles and homosexual predators.


                          It is fundamentally necessary and healthy for Christians to acknowledge that God foreknows nothing uncertainly, but that He foresees, purposes, and does all things according to His own immutable, eternal and infallible will. This bombshell knocks "free-will" flat…

                          Martin Luther The Bondage of the Will

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by Thomas View Post

                            I doubt that your sense of the need for justice here, and any possible anger you may feel toward child molesters, is not also felt by many faithful Catholics, lay and clergy. All Christians ought to be wary of anger - wary of cloaking their feelings with the acceptable title of "righteous anger", and masking the desire for unholy vengeance. "Vengeance is mine; I will repay, says the Lord."

                            In God, justice is never separate from mercy, nor from His all-holy Love. While a man lives, he can repent of his sins and be saved. We must keep open to that possibility, for any sinner, that he might repent and be saved - and we ought, as sinners ourselves, seek to allow any man the possibility of repentance and even seek to facilitate that for him, if we can.

                            Mat 5:7 "Blessed are the merciful, for they shall obtain mercy."

                            Mat 6:14 For if you forgive men their trespasses, your heavenly Father also will forgive you;
                            Mat 6:15 but if you do not forgive men their trespasses, neither will your Father forgive your trespasses.

                            I'm not saying to be all-"mercy" and no justice, no cost to the offender - not at all. I'm only saying that true justice, rightly bound with mercy and with divine love, is part of the hard road, hard to find and to walk, following Jesus.
                            Just six chapter later Jesus said this:

                            Matthew 12:34 New American Standard Bible (NASB)

                            34 You brood of vipers, how can you, being evil, speak [a]what is good? For the mouth speaks out of that which fills the heart.

                            It is fundamentally necessary and healthy for Christians to acknowledge that God foreknows nothing uncertainly, but that He foresees, purposes, and does all things according to His own immutable, eternal and infallible will. This bombshell knocks "free-will" flat…

                            Martin Luther The Bondage of the Will

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by Beloved Daughter View Post

                              Just six chapter later Jesus said this:

                              Matthew 12:34 New American Standard Bible (NASB)

                              34 You brood of vipers, how can you, being evil, speak [a]what is good? For the mouth speaks out of that which fills the heart.
                              Nothing Jesus says or does "later", cancels or make void anything He has said "before". Everything He said or will say is true. The challenge for us, people who can (hopefully) learn as we go, is to realize that in Jesus and from Jesus is only Truth.
                              ... For salvation is nearer to us now than when we first believed;...
                              But put on the Lord Jesus Christ, and make no provision for the flesh, to gratify its desires. (Rom 13)

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X