Announcement

Collapse

Message to all users:

https://carm.org/forum-rules

Super Member Subscription
https://carm.org/carm-super-members-banner-ad-signup

As most of you are aware, we had a crash to forums and were down for over two days a while back. We did have to do an upgrade to the vbulletin software to fix the forums and that has created changes, VB no longer provide the hybrid or threaded forums. There are some issues/changes to the forums we are not able to fix or change. Also note the link address change, please let friends and posters know of the changed link to the forums. For now this is the only link available, https://forums.carm.org/vb5/ but if clicking on forum on carm.org homepage it will now send you to this link. (edited to add https: now working.

Again, we are working through some of the posting and viewing issues to learn how to post with the changes, you will have to check and test the different features, icons that have changed. You may also want to go to profile settings,since many of the notifications, information in profile, also to update/edit your avatar by clicking on avatar space, pull down arrow next to login for user settings.

Edit to add "How to read forums, to make it easier."
Pull down arrow next to login name upper right select profile, or user settings when page opens to profile,select link in tab that says Account. Then select/choose options, go down to Conversation Detail Options, Select Display mode Posts, NOT Activity, that selection of Posts will make the pages of discussions go to last post on last page rather than out of order that happens if you choose activity threads. Then be sure to go to bottom and select SAVE Changes in your profile options. You can then follow discussions by going through the pages, to the last page having latest responses. Then click on the other links Privacy, Notifications, to select viewing options,the forums get easier if you open all the tabs or links in your profile, user settings and select options. To join Super Member, pull down arrow next to login name, select User Settings and then click on tab/link at top that says Subscriptions.

Thank you for your patience and God Bless.

Diane S
https://carm.org/forum-rules
See more
See less

Major Catholic feast today, St. Patrick's Day

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Major Catholic feast today, St. Patrick's Day

    Men who wear a green necktie today in heavily Catholic areas should not be surprised if they are confused for Roman Catholics who will be celebrated this holy day with meals of corned beef and cabbage as well as ample quantities of beer mixed with green food dye.

    St. Patrick's is a Tradition in the RCC although there is nothing is scriptural about it.

  • #2
    1. Although today would normally be the Feast of St.Patrick, the day(March 17, 2019) falls on the 2nd Sunday of Lent. Since that is the case, the 2nd Sunday of Lent would take precedence.
    2. The idea that St. Patrick's is not in the Bible is a straw man argument.
    "Heretical teachers pervert Scripture and try to get into Heaven with a false key, for they have formed their human assemblies later than the Catholic Church. Pope St. Clement I (88-97)

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by Lamb's Servant View Post
      1. Although today would normally be the Feast of St.Patrick, the day(March 17, 2019) falls on the 2nd Sunday of Lent. Since that is the case, the 2nd Sunday of Lent would take precedence.
      2. The idea that St. Patrick's is not in the Bible is a straw man argument.
      Here in Pittsburgh, St. Patrick takes precedence and is being celebrated to the hilt. The cocktail lounge owners would rebel against the Magisterium if they cancelled it here.

      Comment


      • #4
        I like the Irish. I think it's beautiful that they would use St Patrick's day to celebrate.

        Comment


        • #5
          Over 1000 years before Martin Luther, in the 5th century, when Britain was almost wholly buried in paganism; when the race of the Franks had not as yet heard the name of the true God; when Germany had no knowledge of Christ's having come upon the earth; when the countries of Northern Europe deeply slumbered in infidelity, this great Apostle converted Erin to the true Faith.

          Thus reads The Liturgical Year for this day.

          Ireland was never a rich nation, or a powerful nation, or a nation of any great influence in worldly affairs. Ireland's greatest commodity was the true Faith, which took deep root and flourished in this Emerald Isle. Her numerous Saints went about doing good in almost every country of Europe; her children gave to other countries, the Faith that she herself received from her beloved Patron.

          In the 16th century, when came the scourge of Protestantism; when the apostasy of Germany was imitated by England, Scotland, and the whole North of Europe, Ireland stood firm and staunch in the true Faith. No persecution, however cleverly or however cruelly carried on against her, has been able to detach her from the Faith taught her by St. Patrick.

          Until Vatican II. The once most Catholic country on the planet, that withstood the most cruel and vicious persecutions from Protestants has succumbed to the soul destroying poison of that vile false religion of Vatican II. The Irish people, for the greatest part, have lost the Faith as has most of what was once Christendom. The country now celebrates its new right to murder babies and they have elected an open sodomite as their PM.

          St. Partick ora pro nobis!
          "The Holy Roman Church condemns, rejects, anathematizes and declares to be outside the Body of Christ, which is the Church, whoever holds opposing or contrary views. Pope Eugene IV, Council of Florence

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by Mysterium Fidei View Post
            Over 1000 years before Martin Luther, in the 5th century, when Britain was almost wholly buried in paganism; when the race of the Franks had not as yet heard the name of the true God; when Germany had no knowledge of Christ's having come upon the earth; when the countries of Northern Europe deeply slumbered in infidelity, this great Apostle converted Erin to the true Faith.

            Thus reads The Liturgical Year for this day.

            Ireland was never a rich nation, or a powerful nation, or a nation of any great influence in worldly affairs. Ireland's greatest commodity was the true Faith, which took deep root and flourished in this Emerald Isle. Her numerous Saints went about doing good in almost every country of Europe; her children gave to other countries, the Faith that she herself received from her beloved Patron.

            In the 16th century, when came the scourge of Protestantism; when the apostasy of Germany was imitated by England, Scotland, and the whole North of Europe, Ireland stood firm and staunch in the true Faith. No persecution, however cleverly or however cruelly carried on against her, has been able to detach her from the Faith taught her by St. Patrick.

            Until Vatican II. The once most Catholic country on the planet, that withstood the most cruel and vicious persecutions from Protestants has succumbed to the soul destroying poison of that vile false religion of Vatican II. The Irish people, for the greatest part, have lost the Faith as has most of what was once Christendom. The country now celebrates its new right to murder babies and they have elected an open sodomite as their PM.

            St. Partick ora pro nobis!
            June 2018
            Ireland (Catholic) Voted To Allow Abortion. But It's Still Strictly Banned In Northern Ireland (Protestant)

            https://www.npr.org/sections/paralle...orthern-irelan
            One of the ekklēsia

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by Southsider View Post
              Men who wear a green necktie today in heavily Catholic areas should not be surprised if they are confused for Roman Catholics who will be celebrated this holy day with meals of corned beef and cabbage as well as ample quantities of beer mixed with green food dye.

              St. Patrick's is a Tradition in the RCC although there is nothing is scriptural about it.
              Funny, how some non-Catholics seemed bothered by mandatory fasts and yet also seem to be bothered by an optional celebration of a Saint's feast day.

              Does cabbage give you gas? Are you a teetotaler? Does another having a drink or two offend you? Just trying to figure out what you beef is? I'm guessing it's not corned.

              I didn't have any of the above today, but I hope those that did enjoyed it.



              Bring together all who wander from the feast you consecrate,
              and restore that grace we squander with divisions we create.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by tester View Post
                June 2018
                Ireland (Catholic) Voted To Allow Abortion. But It's Still Strictly Banned In Northern Ireland (Protestant)

                https://www.npr.org/sections/paralle...orthern-irelan
                More pressure is being put on Northern Ireland by international abortions rights groups, such as Amnesty International, to drop their abortion ban. Now that "Catholic" Republic of Ireland has voted in favor of abortion, the pressure is even more intense. Eventually they will concede. https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/...ban-overturned

                As far as Northern Ireland being Protestant, At the 2011 census, 41.5% of the population identified as Protestant/non-Roman Catholic Christian, 41% as Roman Catholic, so it's nearly evenly divided. It is much more Protestant than the Republic of Ireland which is 78.3% Catholic and voted overwhelmingly (66.4%) in favor of abortion in the recent referendum.
                Last edited by Mysterium Fidei; 03-17-19, 11:15 PM.
                "The Holy Roman Church condemns, rejects, anathematizes and declares to be outside the Body of Christ, which is the Church, whoever holds opposing or contrary views. Pope Eugene IV, Council of Florence

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by Mysterium Fidei View Post
                  The once most Catholic country on the planet, that withstood the most cruel and vicious persecutions from Protestants has succumbed to the soul destroying poison of that vile false religion of Vatican II.
                  Thank you for your passionate testimony that Catholics face no greater spiritual danger than.....Roman Catholicism.

                  According to you, Protestants may hurt your feelings, but the Roman Catholic Church will destroy your soul.

                  I agree.

                  ...

                  "The great enemy of the truth is very often not the lie, deliberate, contrived and dishonest, but the myth, persistent, persuasive and unrealistic."- John F. Kennedy

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by tester View Post
                    June 2018
                    Ireland (Catholic) Voted To Allow Abortion. But It's Still Strictly Banned In Northern Ireland (Protestant)
                    Those wicked Protestants!

                    ...

                    "The great enemy of the truth is very often not the lie, deliberate, contrived and dishonest, but the myth, persistent, persuasive and unrealistic."- John F. Kennedy

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by Southsider View Post

                      Here in Pittsburgh, St. Patrick takes precedence and is being celebrated to the hilt. The cocktail lounge owners would rebel against the Magisterium if they cancelled it here.
                      In Chicago they turn the rivers green as well as the beer.

                      Nic
                      1Co 1:30 And because of him you are in Christ Jesus, who became to us wisdom from God, righteousness and sanctification and redemption,
                      1Co 1:31 so that, as it is written, "Let the one who boasts, boast in the Lord."

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by Atemi View Post

                        Thank you for your passionate testimony that Catholics face no greater spiritual danger than.....Roman Catholicism.

                        According to you, Protestants may hurt your feelings, but the Roman Catholic Church will destroy your soul.

                        I agree.

                        ...
                        I give you credit for one thing Atemi, you do have a vivid imagination.
                        "The Holy Roman Church condemns, rejects, anathematizes and declares to be outside the Body of Christ, which is the Church, whoever holds opposing or contrary views. Pope Eugene IV, Council of Florence

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by tester View Post
                          June 2018
                          Ireland (Catholic) Voted To Allow Abortion. But It's Still Strictly Banned In Northern Ireland (Protestant)

                          https://www.npr.org/sections/paralle...orthern-irelan
                          42 to 41% Protestant to Catholic in Northern Ireland. Wow, I mean that's just astronimical

                          https://www.ninis2.nisra.gov.uk/publ...Commentary.pdf
                          Bring together all who wander from the feast you consecrate,
                          and restore that grace we squander with divisions we create.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by Kat4life View Post

                            42 to 41% Protestant to Catholic in Northern Ireland. Wow, I mean that's just astronimical

                            https://www.ninis2.nisra.gov.uk/publ...Commentary.pdf
                            follow the point

                            Northern Ireland is much more Protestant than the Republic of Ireland which is 78.3% Catholic and voted overwhelmingly (66.4%) in favor of abortion in the recent referendum.
                            One of the ekklēsia

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by tester View Post
                              follow the point

                              Northern Ireland is much more Protestant than the Republic of Ireland which is 78.3% Catholic and voted overwhelmingly (66.4%) in favor of abortion in the recent referendum.
                              Catholics always turn a blind eye to the faults of their own. Exactly the same way liberals around the world are. Then try to make it someone else's fault.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X