Announcement

Collapse

Message to all users:

https://carm.org/forum-rules

Super Member Subscription
https://carm.org/carm-super-members-banner-ad-signup

As most of you are aware, we had a crash to forums and were down for over two days a while back. We did have to do an upgrade to the vbulletin software to fix the forums and that has created changes, VB no longer provide the hybrid or threaded forums. There are some issues/changes to the forums we are not able to fix or change. Also note the link address change, please let friends and posters know of the changed link to the forums. For now this is the only link available, https://forums.carm.org/vb5/ but if clicking on forum on carm.org homepage it will now send you to this link. (edited to add https: now working.

Again, we are working through some of the posting and viewing issues to learn how to post with the changes, you will have to check and test the different features, icons that have changed. You may also want to go to profile settings,since many of the notifications, information in profile, also to update/edit your avatar by clicking on avatar space, pull down arrow next to login for user settings.

Edit to add "How to read forums, to make it easier."
Pull down arrow next to login name upper right select profile, or user settings when page opens to profile,select link in tab that says Account. Then select/choose options, go down to Conversation Detail Options, Select Display mode Posts, NOT Activity, that selection of Posts will make the pages of discussions go to last post on last page rather than out of order that happens if you choose activity threads. Then be sure to go to bottom and select SAVE Changes in your profile options. You can then follow discussions by going through the pages, to the last page having latest responses. Then click on the other links Privacy, Notifications, to select viewing options,the forums get easier if you open all the tabs or links in your profile, user settings and select options. To join Super Member, pull down arrow next to login name, select User Settings and then click on tab/link at top that says Subscriptions.

Thank you for your patience and God Bless.

Diane S
https://carm.org/forum-rules
See more
See less

Acts 10:34-35 A summary of the gospel

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Acts 10:34-35 A summary of the gospel

Acts 10:34-35 NKJV "Then Peter opened his mouth and said: In truth I perceive that God shows no partiality. But in every nation whoever fears Him and works righteousness is accepted by Him." This is the NT version of Ecclesiastes 12:13-14. The same gospel from Eden to Revelation. God does not change.

Originally posted by Greg Goodchild View Post
    Acts 10:34-35 NKJV "Then Peter opened his mouth and said: In truth I perceive that God shows no partiality. But in every nation whoever fears Him and works righteousness is accepted by Him." This is the NT version of Ecclesiastes 12:13-14. The same gospel from Eden to Revelation. God does not change.
    According to YOUR SUMMARY, Jesus has no role in the Gospel at all. YOUR Christless version is NO gospel at all.

This is a much more accurate, concise and inclusive summary of the Gospel.

For we ourselves were once foolish, disobedient, led astray, slaves to various passions and pleasures, passing our days in malice and envy, hated by others and hating one another. But when the goodness and loving kindness of God our Savior appeared, he saved us, not because of works done by us in righteousness, but according to his own mercy, by the washing of regeneration and renewal of the Holy Spirit, whom he poured out on us richly through Jesus Christ our Savior, so that being justified by his grace we might become heirs according to the hope of eternal life.
    Titus 3:3-7 - https://www.biblegateway.com/passage...-7&version=ESV

Comment

The Gospel follows this opening statement by Peter, that The Gospel is not only for the Jews, those under the Law.
      Cornelius, a "good man" needed to hear the Gospel to be saved. that is why Peter was sent to this "unclean" person.

34 So Peter opened his mouth and said: “Truly I understand that God shows no partiality, 35 but in every nation anyone who fears him and does what is right is acceptable to him. 36 As for the word that he sent to Israel, preaching good news of peace through Jesus Christ (he is Lord of all), 37 you yourselves know what happened throughout all Judea, beginning from Galilee after the baptism that John proclaimed: 38 how God anointed Jesus of Nazareth with the Holy Spirit and with power. He went about doing good and healing all who were oppressed by the devil, for God was with him. 39 And we are witnesses of all that he did both in the country of the Jews and in Jerusalem. They put him to death by hanging him on a tree, 40 but God raised him on the third day and made him to appear, 41 not to all the people but to us who had been chosen by God as witnesses, who ate and drank with him after he rose from the dead. 42 And he commanded us to preach to the people and to testify that he is the one appointed by God to be judge of the living and the dead. 43 To him all the prophets bear witness that everyone who believes in him receives forgiveness of sins through his name.”

Comment

Originally posted by KWJ View Post

The Gospel follows this opening statement by Peter, that The Gospel is not only for the Jews, those under the Law.
        Cornelius, a "good man" needed to hear the Gospel to be saved. that is why Peter was sent to this "unclean" person.

34 So Peter opened his mouth and said: “Truly I understand that God shows no partiality, 35 but in every nation anyone who fears him and does what is right is acceptable to him. 36 As for the word that he sent to Israel, preaching good news of peace through Jesus Christ (he is Lord of all), 37 you yourselves know what happened throughout all Judea, beginning from Galilee after the baptism that John proclaimed: 38 how God anointed Jesus of Nazareth with the Holy Spirit and with power. He went about doing good and healing all who were oppressed by the devil, for God was with him. 39 And we are witnesses of all that he did both in the country of the Jews and in Jerusalem. They put him to death by hanging him on a tree, 40 but God raised him on the third day and made him to appear, 41 not to all the people but to us who had been chosen by God as witnesses, who ate and drank with him after he rose from the dead. 42 And he commanded us to preach to the people and to testify that he is the one appointed by God to be judge of the living and the dead. 43 To him all the prophets bear witness that everyone who believes in him receives forgiveness of sins through his name.”
        Amen, you are so correct.

Comment

Originally posted by Albur Tan View Post

According to YOUR SUMMARY, Jesus has no role in the Gospel at all. YOUR Christless version is NO gospel at all.

This is a much more accurate, concise and inclusive summary of the Gospel.

For we ourselves were once foolish, disobedient, led astray, slaves to various passions and pleasures, passing our days in malice and envy, hated by others and hating one another. But when the goodness and loving kindness of God our Savior appeared, he saved us, not because of works done by us in righteousness, but according to his own mercy, by the washing of regeneration and renewal of the Holy Spirit, whom he poured out on us richly through Jesus Christ our Savior, so that being justified by his grace we might become heirs according to the hope of eternal life.
          Titus 3:3-7 - https://www.biblegateway.com/passage...-7&version=ESV
          According to Peter's summary God, Father, Son, and Holy Ghost, are intimately involved in the gospel.

Comment

Heb 11
            By faith Abel offered to God a better sacrifice than Cain, through which he obtained the testimony that he was righteous,...
            A summary of the gospel Acts 10:34-35 NKJV
            "Then Peter opened his mouth and said: In truth I perceive that God shows no partiality. But in every nation whoever fears Him and works righteousness is accepted by Him." This is the NT version of Ecclesiastes 12:13-14.
            Acts 10
            36 You know the gospel message God sent to the children of Israel, announcing shalom through Jesus Christ the Messiah,
            He is Lord of all

43 All the prophets testify about him that everyone who believes in him receives forgiveness of sins through his name.”

44 While Peter was still speaking these words, the Holy Spirit came on all who heard the message.
            The same gospel from Eden to Revelation. God does not change.
            "If you do what is right, will you not be accepted?" Gen 4:7
            Last edited by mathias; 08-12-18, 05:26 PM.

Comment

Paul defined the Gospel this way...

"Moreover, brethren, I declare unto you the gospel which I preached unto you, which also ye have received, and wherein ye stand;
              2 By which also ye are saved, if ye keep in memory what I preached unto you, unless ye have believed in vain.
              3 For I delivered unto you first of all that which I also received, how that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures;
              4 And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures:
              (1Co 15:1-4 KJV)

...does God change? The Word who was God became flesh (John 1.1)...that's a pretty big change don't you think.
              - Jesus said, "In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world." John 16:33 -

Comment

Like a garment they will be changed. But you remain the same, and your years will never end...Heb 1

Originally posted by Troubleshooter View Post

"Moreover, brethren, I declare unto you the gospel which I preached unto you, which also ye have received, and wherein ye stand;
                2 By which also ye are saved, if ye keep in memory what I preached unto you, unless ye have believed in vain.
                3 For I delivered unto you first of all that which I also received, how that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures;
                4 And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures:

...does God change? The Word who was God became flesh (John 1.1)...that's a pretty big change don't you think.
                "Being found in appearance as a man," did not change the fact that He was divine.

Born of the seed of David according to the flesh, 4 and declared to be the Son of God with power according to the Spirit of holiness, by the resurrection from the dead. Rom 1

Comment

Originally posted by mathias View Post
                  Like a garment they will be changed. But you remain the same, and your years will never end...Heb 1

"Being found in appearance as a man," did not change the fact that He was divine.

Born of the seed of David according to the flesh, 4 and declared to be the Son of God with power according to the Spirit of holiness, by the resurrection from the dead. Rom 1
                  Was Jesus actually a man or did He just look like one?
                  - Jesus said, "In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world." John 16:33 -

Comment

Jesus was acutally a man and He looked, talked, and felt like a man, and yet this man with our fallen nature did not sin.

Comment

Are Acts 10:34-35 in conflict with I Corinthians 15:1-4? I think not, they are in perfect harmony with each other.

Comment

Jesus was acutally a man and He looked, talked, and felt like a man, and yet this man with our fallen nature did not sin.
                        I see you believe in original sin but does the bible teach it. Augustine did.

Death was passed down to us because Adam sinned.

The question to ask is what caused Adam to sin and if you can answer that then you can see how it applies to all men except Christ who did not sin because he was filled with God's grace and truth.

Joh 1:14 And the Word was made flesh, and taber nacled among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the yachiyd (Beloved Son) of the Father,) full of grace and truth.
                        It is not because Adam sinned that humanity is born in sin ( humanity is not born in sin) but what caused Adam to sin is the same thing that causes humanity to sin. They do not inherit a sin nature but they do inherit what Adam had that caused him to sin.

One must sin to be a sinner not be born in it!

Jesus as the Son of God was the only one who was able to overcome temptation by God's grace and truth and did not sin.

God bless you,

SeventhDay

Comment

If Jesus had our fallen nature He would be a sinner like you and me.

Comment

He is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn over all creation. Col 1

To the unbelieving Jews, He was a mere man with a fallen nature:
                            We are not stoning you for any good work, they replied, but for blasphemy, because you, a mere man,
                            claim to be God. John 10

Then the Jews said to Him, Now we know that You have a demon! John 8
                            But even if our gospel is veiled, it is veiled to those who are perishing, 4 whose minds the god of this age has blinded, who do not believe, lest the light of the gospel of the glory of Christ, who is the image of God, should shine on them. 2 Cor 4
                            Last edited by mathias; 08-16-18, 06:20 AM.

Comment

He is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn over all creation. Col 1

To the unbelieving Jews, He was a mere man with a fallen nature:

But even if our gospel is veiled, it is veiled to those who are perishing, 4 whose minds the god of this age has blinded, who do not believe, lest the light of the gospel of the glory of Christ, who is the image of God, should shine on them. 2 Cor 4
                              If Jesus sinned He would have our sinful nature. Since Jesus did not sin He did not have a nature full of sin, He simply took our weakened nature and still did not sin. In reference to salvation He took our sin, vicariously, and carried those sins to the cross. He was punished for what we deserve that we may partake of His righteousness of which we do not deserve but this is granted to us through His grace.

Comment

Working...
                              X