Announcement

Collapse

Message to all users:

https://carm.org/forum-rules

Super Member Subscription
https://carm.org/carm-super-members-banner-ad-signup

As most of you are aware, we had a crash to forums and were down for over two days a while back. We did have to do an upgrade to the vbulletin software to fix the forums and that has created changes, VB no longer provide the hybrid or threaded forums. There are some issues/changes to the forums we are not able to fix or change. Also note the link address change, please let friends and posters know of the changed link to the forums. For now this is the only link available, https://forums.carm.org/vb5/ but if clicking on forum on carm.org homepage it will now send you to this link. (edited to add https: now working.

Again, we are working through some of the posting and viewing issues to learn how to post with the changes, you will have to check and test the different features, icons that have changed. You may also want to go to profile settings,since many of the notifications, information in profile, also to update/edit your avatar by clicking on avatar space, pull down arrow next to login for user settings.

Edit to add "How to read forums, to make it easier."
Pull down arrow next to login name upper right select profile, or user settings when page opens to profile,select link in tab that says Account. Then select/choose options, go down to Conversation Detail Options, Select Display mode Posts, NOT Activity, that selection of Posts will make the pages of discussions go to last post on last page rather than out of order that happens if you choose activity threads. Then be sure to go to bottom and select SAVE Changes in your profile options. You can then follow discussions by going through the pages, to the last page having latest responses. Then click on the other links Privacy, Notifications, to select viewing options,the forums get easier if you open all the tabs or links in your profile, user settings and select options. To join Super Member, pull down arrow next to login name, select User Settings and then click on tab/link at top that says Subscriptions.

Thank you for your patience and God Bless.

Diane S
https://carm.org/forum-rules
See more
See less

Buckle Up - SDA Godhead Symposium was recently released

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Buckle Up - SDA Godhead Symposium was recently released

Due to the velocity of SDA membership questioning the Doctrine of the Trinity the SDA Church has recently held a Symposium on "their" Godhead...
    ...Below is the link which has multiple Phd's walk the viewer through the SDA version of the Trinity.
    ...In the 1st video Dr. Richardson goes on record in rejecting the Nicene Creed.

https://www.centralcaliforniaadventist.com/godhead
    • Dr. Richardson states that Christ started to step down around the time he started to be called Michael the archangel.
    • Richardson goes on to say archangel doesn't mean Chief of the angels - it means "Chief Angel".
    • Prior to the creation event the 3 powers decided to divide up the three roles Father, Son & Holy Spirit.
    • Richardson claims the name Michael means the bearer of the name is "LIKE GOD".
    Imagine a large group of students sitting in a class and the teacher asks a question; 'WHO is like God'? and the kid named Michael says "I AM LIKE GOD, because my name is Michael"! This is the caliber of the "scholarship" of the symposium.

The SDA's and JW's claim this despite Strong's and every name meaning site classifying the name as a Rhetorical Question, "WHO IS LIKE GOD?" with the correct answer being "NO ONE IS LIKE GOD". According to SDA's however anyone with the name Michael is "LIKE GOD".

It goes down hill from here and the last video is all Q & A.

In particular the question about HOW IS THE SDA TRINITY DIFFERENT THAN THE CATHOLIC TRINITY is answered and the following gems comes out of that section.
    • They come right out and say that the SDA Trinity is BASSED OFF THE GREAT CONTROVERSY of Ellen White.
    • Claim that Michael EARNED THE RIGHT to become part of the Trinity by not sinning and loosing his salvation.
    • Again it's confirmed that SDA's have based their Trinity off the knowledge contained in Ellen's G.C. Book.
    • Because Michael was able to save humanity this made him worthy to be part of the Trinity.

One thing I do commend them for admitting however is that the early SDA Church rejected the Trinity because the Creeds rejected that God the Father, Michael and Lucifer the archangels were not said to have bodies of flesh with bones organs and members. I've been saying and showing that's what they believed for a long time so it was NICE to finally have them admit it!

There is no Dr. Richardson. there is a Dr. Richard Davidson. Is that who you meant?

Comment

Originally posted by KWJ View Post
      There is no Dr. Richardson. there is a Dr. Richard Davidson. Is that who you meant?
      You're RIGHT! My bad...

Comment

Originally posted by Pythons View Post
        Due to the velocity of SDA membership questioning the Doctrine of the Trinity the SDA Church has recently held a Symposium on "their" Godhead...
        AV Mt 7:13-14 Enter ye in at the strait gate: for wide [is] the gate, and broad [is] the way, that leadeth to destruction, and many there be which go in thereat: 14 Because strait [is] the gate, and narrow [is] the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it.

Jesus did not lie about the churches then, and is still true today of churches.

AV Mt 24:24-25 For there shall arise false Christs, and false prophets, and shall shew great signs and wonders; insomuch that, if [it were] possible, they shall deceive the very elect. 25 Behold, I have told you before.

And your point is what ??? <<< That you are unaware of this Truth for every church and every believer ???

Yours in Christ, Michael
        Choose please, either I am a Brother in Christ and I ask for Matthew 18:15-17 privileges, but if I am non-Christian to you, I ask for Matthew 5:44-48 in the attitude of Christ(Isaiah 53:7).
        If you have a question/challenge/charge, please post it, with cut-n-paste source, with reasoning to conclusion.
        Star of David(Rep Pt.), or Danger Ahead Caution(Report Post), or Apologetics(Reply with defense), Click as a Loving Christian. Your Choice...

Comment

Originally posted by SDAchristian View Post
          AV Mt 7:13-14 Enter ye in at the strait gate: for wide [is] the gate, and broad [is] the way, that leadeth to destruction, and many there be which go in thereat: 14 Because strait [is] the gate, and narrow [is] the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it.

AV Mt 24:24-25 For there shall arise false Christs, and false prophets, and shall shew great signs and wonders; insomuch that, if [it were] possible, they shall deceive the very elect. 25 Behold, I have told you before.

And your point is what ??? <<< That you are unaware of this Truth for every church and every believer ???
          Yes, Michael, God did warn AGAINST those like Ellen white and the SDA’s who post on this forum. SDA’s bring a false gospel - You are an SDA aren’t you?

Comment

Originally posted by Pythons View Post
            ...Below is the link which has multiple Phd's walk the viewer through the SDA version of the Trinity.
            ...In the 1st video Dr. Richardson goes on record in rejecting the Nicene Creed.
            https://www.centralcaliforniaadventist.com/godhead
            • Dr. Richardson states that Christ started to step down around the time he started to be called Michael the archangel.
            • Richardson goes on to say archangel doesn't mean Chief of the angels - it means "Chief Angel".
            • Prior to the creation event the 3 powers decided to divide up the three roles Father, Son & Holy Spirit.
            • Richardson claims the name Michael means the bearer of the name is "LIKE GOD".
            Imagine a large group of students sitting in a class and the teacher asks a question; 'WHO is like God'? and the kid named Michael says "I AM LIKE GOD, because my name is Michael"! This is the caliber of the "scholarship" of the symposium.
            The SDA's and JW's claim this despite Strong's and every name meaning site classifying the name as a Rhetorical Question, "WHO IS LIKE GOD?" with the correct answer being "NO ONE IS LIKE GOD". According to SDA's however anyone with the name Michael is "LIKE GOD".
            It goes down hill from here and the last video is all Q & A.
            In particular the question about HOW IS THE SDA TRINITY DIFFERENT THAN THE CATHOLIC TRINITY is answered and the following gems comes out of that section.
            • They come right out and say that the SDA Trinity is BASSED OFF THE GREAT CONTROVERSY of Ellen White.
            • Claim that Michael EARNED THE RIGHT to become part of the Trinity by not sinning and loosing his salvation.
            • Again it's confirmed that SDA's have based their Trinity off the knowledge contained in Ellen's G.C. Book.
            • Because Michael was able to save humanity this made him worthy to be part of the Trinity.
            One thing I do commend them for admitting however is that the early SDA Church rejected the Trinity because the Creeds rejected that God the Father, Michael and Lucifer the archangels were not said to have bodies of flesh with bones organs and members. I've been saying and showing that's what they believed for a long time so it was NICE to finally have them admit it!

Do you fully accept the words in the bible below?
            Isaiah 9:6 ,, 1st Tim3: 16 & Matt 28: 19

6 For to us a child is born,
            to us a son is given,
            and the government will be on his shoulders.
            And he will be called
            Wonderful COUNCELLOR, MIGHTY GOD!
            Everlasting FATHER , Prince of Peace.

~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~~=

1 Timothy 3:16
            16 And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness: God was MANIFEST IN THE FLESH , justified in the Spirit, seen of angels, preached unto the Gentiles, believed on in the world, received up into glory.

~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~

Matthew 28:19 King James Version (KJV)
            19 Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost:

Last edited by DANNO; 07-15-18, 02:34 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Albur Tan View Post
              Yes, Michael, God did warn AGAINST those like Ellen white ...
              Just your opinion.
              ... and the SDA's who post on this forum. ...
              More of your opinion.
              ... SDA's bring a false gospel ...
              More of your opinion. I think you will find that, SDA's teach closer to what Jesus taught.
              ... You are an SDA aren't you?
              I have asked your weekly fellowship, I don't remember your answer. Please refresh my memory.

Yours in Christ, Michael
              Choose please, either I am a Brother in Christ and I ask for Matthew 18:15-17 privileges, but if I am non-Christian to you, I ask for Matthew 5:44-48 in the attitude of Christ(Isaiah 53:7).
              If you have a question/challenge/charge, please post it, with cut-n-paste source, with reasoning to conclusion.
              Star of David(Rep Pt.), or Danger Ahead Caution(Report Post), or Apologetics(Reply with defense), Click as a Loving Christian. Your Choice...

Comment

Yours in Christ, Michael
                Staying on the topic of this thread...yes or no question, do you believe that Jesus Christ is the only true God?

Comment

Originally posted by SavedForever View Post
                  Staying on the topic of this thread...
                  AV Col 2:9 For in him dwelleth all the fulness of the Godhead bodily.

I thought it was about understanding the "Godhead".
                  yes or no question, do you believe that Jesus Christ is the only true God? {Emphasis by SDAchristian}
                  AV Lk 18:19 And Jesus said unto him, Why callest thou me good? none [is] good, save one, [that is], God.
                  AV Jn 17:3 And this is life eternal, that they might know thee the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent.

We use "GOD" too loosely at times. Jesus deflected from Himself to the One GOD.

"yes or no question, do you believe that Jesus Christ is the only true God?", If you had asked a "yes or no", that could be answered biblically, but you did not.

The question has been polluted with other concepts. The Oneness of GOD is missing.

AV Eph 4:12-18 For the perfecting of the saints, for the work of the ministry, for the edifying of the body of Christ: 13 Till we all come in the unity of the faith, and of the knowledge of the Son of God, unto a perfect man, unto the measure of the stature of the fulness of Christ: 14 That we [henceforth] be no more children, tossed to and fro, and carried about with every wind of doctrine, by the sleight of men, [and] cunning craftiness, whereby they lie in wait to deceive; 15 But speaking the truth in love, may grow up into him in all things, which is the head, [even] Christ: 16 From whom the whole body fitly joined together and compacted by that which every joint supplieth, according to the effectual working in the measure of every part, maketh increase of the body unto the edifying of itself in love. 17 . This I say therefore, and testify in the Lord, that ye henceforth walk not as other Gentiles walk, in the vanity of their mind, 18 Having the understanding darkened, being alienated from the life of God through the ignorance that is in them, because of the blindness of their heart:

Maybe you can teach, using your understanding for our edification, better if you use the Bible, even better yet, the Words of GOD.

Your question has the potential of counterdicting Jesus' word. So it needs to be worded better.

Yours in Christ, Michael

Comment

AV Col 2:9 For in him dwelleth all the fulness of the Godhead bodily.

I thought it was about understanding the "Godhead".
                    It is. And that was what I was trying to get at with my question.

AV Lk 18:19 And Jesus said unto him, Why callest thou me good? none [is] good, save one, [that is], God.
                    AV Jn 17:3 And this is life eternal, that they might know thee the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent.

We use "GOD" too loosely at times. Jesus deflected from Himself to the One GOD.

"yes or no question, do you believe that Jesus Christ is the only true God?", If you had asked a "yes or no", that could be answered biblically, but you did not.

The question has been polluted with other concepts. The Oneness of GOD is missing.
                    Well since you didn’t like the first question, let me try a couple more questions instead:

1. Are you saying that Jesus is not “good”? If so, does that make Him evil?

2. Do you believe that the Father is the only true God?

Comment

Well since you didn’t like the first question, let me try a couple more questions instead:
                      1. Are you saying that Jesus is not "good"?

It does not matter what I say. Jesus is making a point, do you get it ??? Do you deny what Jesus said ???
                      If so, does that make Him evil?
                      We can not discuss this until we have common understanding.
                      2. Do you believe that the Father is the only true God?

Again, We can not discuss this until we have common understanding.

Yours in Christ, Michael

Comment

It does not matter what I say. Jesus is making a point, do you get it ??? Do you deny what Jesus said ???
                        Yes, I get it, but I don’’t think you do. He is saying that He is the one true God!

Again, I ask: are you denying that Jesus is “good”?

We can not discuss this until we have common understanding. AV Jn 17:3 And this is life eternal, that they might know thee the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent.

Again, We can not discuss this until we have common understanding.

Yours in Christ, Michael
                        Well then let me ask it this way: what would happen if one of the “members of the Godhead” ceased to exist?

Comment

Yes, I get it, but I don"t think you do.
                          That is only your opinion.
                          He is saying that He is the one true God!

Your personal opinion again. Seeing Jesus identified "they might know thee the only true God, and Jesus Christ", you are excluding yourself from Jesus' "they".

AV Jn 6:27 Labour not for the meat which perisheth, but for that meat which endureth unto everlasting life, which the Son of man shall give unto you: for him hath God the Father sealed.

Are you sealed by "for him hath God the Father sealed" ???
                          Again, I ask: are you denying that Jesus is "good"?

Jesus rejected "good" for Himself, from another person. Are you going to call Jesus a liar now ???
                          Well then let me ask it this way: what would happen if one of the "members of the Godhead" ceased to exist?
                          We can not discuss this until we have common understanding.

Yours in Christ, Michael

Comment

That is only your opinion. AV Jn 17:3 And this is life eternal, that they might know thee the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent.

Your personal opinion again. Seeing Jesus identified "they might know thee the only true God, and Jesus Christ", you are excluding yourself from Jesus' "they".

AV Jn 6:27 Labour not for the meat which perisheth, but for that meat which endureth unto everlasting life, which the Son of man shall give unto you: for him hath God the Father sealed.

Are you sealed by "for him hath God the Father sealed" ??? AV Lk 18:19 And Jesus said unto him, Why callest thou me good? none [is] good, save one, [that is], God.

Jesus rejected "good" for Himself, from another person. Are you going to call Jesus a liar now ??? We can not discuss this until we have common understanding.

Yours in Christ, Michael
                            Again, Jesus did not reject “good” for Himself, He was saying that He is God! He accepted Thomas’ worship who literally called Him “the God (Greek ho Theos) of me” (John 20:28)!

Since you refuse to confess this truth with Thomas, I believe you have answered my questions sufficiently (even simply by your refusal to answer them directly) so that I have no need to discuss this further with you. It is clear that you (along with the rest of the SDA cult) reject the Christian doctrine of the Trinity.

Comment

Again, Jesus did not reject "good" for Himself, He was saying that He is God! He accepted Thomas' worship who literally called Him "the God (Greek ho Theos) of me" (John 20:28)!
                              Since you refuse to confess this truth with Thomas, I believe you have answered my questions sufficiently (even simply by your refusal to answer them directly) so that I have no need to discuss this further with you. It is clear that you (along with the rest of the SDA cult) reject the Christian doctrine of the Trinity.
                              AV Mt 16:23 But he turned, and said unto Peter, Get thee behind me, Satan: thou art an offence unto me: for thou savourest not the things that be of God, but those that be of men.

Disciples had many issues, walking around with Jesus.

AV Jn 20:27 Then saith he to Thomas, Reach hither thy finger, and behold my hands; and reach hither thy hand, and thrust [it] into my side: and be not faithless, but believing.

You want to set doctrine on Thomas'(the Doubter) narrative here ???

Are you a new Pope, to set new doctrine ???

AV Mt 7:12 Therefore all things whatsoever ye would that men should do to you, do ye even so to them: for this is the law and the prophets.

May I do this to you in return then ???

Your opinion is noted in your post.

Yours in Christ, Michael
                              Last edited by SDAchristian; 07-26-18, 02:47 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X