Announcement

Collapse

Message to all users:

https://carm.org/forum-rules

Super Member Subscription
https://carm.org/carm-super-members-banner-ad-signup

As most of you are aware, we had a crash to forums and were down for over two days a while back. We did have to do an upgrade to the vbulletin software to fix the forums and that has created changes, VB no longer provide the hybrid or threaded forums. There are some issues/changes to the forums we are not able to fix or change. Also note the link address change, please let friends and posters know of the changed link to the forums. For now this is the only link available, https://forums.carm.org/vb5/ but if clicking on forum on carm.org homepage it will now send you to this link. (edited to add https: now working.

Again, we are working through some of the posting and viewing issues to learn how to post with the changes, you will have to check and test the different features, icons that have changed. You may also want to go to profile settings,since many of the notifications, information in profile, also to update/edit your avatar by clicking on avatar space, pull down arrow next to login for user settings.

Edit to add "How to read forums, to make it easier."
Pull down arrow next to login name upper right select profile, or user settings when page opens to profile,select link in tab that says Account. Then select/choose options, go down to Conversation Detail Options, Select Display mode Posts, NOT Activity, that selection of Posts will make the pages of discussions go to last post on last page rather than out of order that happens if you choose activity threads. Then be sure to go to bottom and select SAVE Changes in your profile options. You can then follow discussions by going through the pages, to the last page having latest responses. Then click on the other links Privacy, Notifications, to select viewing options,the forums get easier if you open all the tabs or links in your profile, user settings and select options. To join Super Member, pull down arrow next to login name, select User Settings and then click on tab/link at top that says Subscriptions.

Thank you for your patience and God Bless.

Diane S
https://carm.org/forum-rules
See more
See less

Seventh-day Adventism’s COUNTERFEIT GOSPELS

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Seventh-day Adventism’s COUNTERFEIT GOSPELS

    This was posted by Mailmandan in another thread.

    To make sure that it does not remain buried, I am posting it here.

    and- yes, the sda’s have multiple counterfeit gospelS.

    ——————

    I was once in a discussion with a SDA about the Gospel and he made this erroneous statement below:

    “The counterfeit Gospel is out there. What is the other Gospel? It is a Gospel that tries to separate God's Law (10 commandments) from the Cross. It is a Gospel that tries to separate God's 10 commandments from the plan of salvation. God’s Law has always been part of the true Gospel of Christ. The counterfeit Gospel does not have it. God's forever Law (the 10 commandments) is the foundation of both the Old and the New Covenant and the very foundation and basis of the true Gospel of Christ.”

    The Gospel is the "good news" of the death, burial and resurrection of Christ (1 Corinthians 15:1-4) and is the power of God unto salvation to everyone that BELIEVES.. (Romans 1:16). To believe the Gospel is to trust in the death, burial and resurrection of Christ as the ALL-sufficient means of our salvation. The Gospel is not a set of rituals to perform, a code of laws to be obeyed or a check list of good works to accomplish as a prerequisite for salvation.

    SDA's profess to teach that salvation is by grace through faith, but then redefine this in a way that is contrary to the Gospel. Even though they deny this, they teach that salvation is by "grace plus law, faith plus works." Their doctrine of salvation is a subtle mixture of law and grace that is a perversion of the Gospel. (Galatians 1:6-9)



    https://forums.carm.org/vb5/forum/ch...13#post5639713

  • #2
    Originally posted by Albur Tan View Post
    This was posted by Mailmandan in another thread.

    To make sure that it does not remain buried, I am posting it here.

    and- yes, the sda’s have multiple counterfeit gospelS.

    ——————

    I was once in a discussion with a SDA about the Gospel and he made this erroneous statement below:

    “The counterfeit Gospel is out there. What is the other Gospel? It is a Gospel that tries to separate God's Law (10 commandments) from the Cross. It is a Gospel that tries to separate God's 10 commandments from the plan of salvation. God’s Law has always been part of the true Gospel of Christ. The counterfeit Gospel does not have it. God's forever Law (the 10 commandments) is the foundation of both the Old and the New Covenant and the very foundation and basis of the true Gospel of Christ.”

    The Gospel is the "good news" of the death, burial and resurrection of Christ (1 Corinthians 15:1-4) and is the power of God unto salvation to everyone that BELIEVES.. (Romans 1:16). To believe the Gospel is to trust in the death, burial and resurrection of Christ as the ALL-sufficient means of our salvation. The Gospel is not a set of rituals to perform, a code of laws to be obeyed or a check list of good works to accomplish as a prerequisite for salvation.

    SDA's profess to teach that salvation is by grace through faith, but then redefine this in a way that is contrary to the Gospel. Even though they deny this, they teach that salvation is by "grace plus law, faith plus works." Their doctrine of salvation is a subtle mixture of law and grace that is a perversion of the Gospel. (Galatians 1:6-9)



    https://forums.carm.org/vb5/forum/ch...13#post5639713


    I use the wisdom that comes from the Holy Spirit .
    Do you accept Matthias as replacement for Judas or Paul?

    Can you see a contradiction between :-

    Heb 13: 17 and Acts 5: 29 ?

    Rom 5: 20 and Heb 10: 26 ?

    Rom 2: 13 and Gal 2: 16 ?

    1st Cor 7: 19 and Rom 10: 4 & Rom 6: 14 ?

    Matt 27: 44 and Luke 23: 39-43 ?
    Last edited by Mod9; 10-13-18, 01:20 PM. Reason: Alert no violation
    Fear God and keep his commandments,
    for this is the duty of ALL mankind. Ecc 12: 13

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by Albur Tan View Post
      This was posted by Mailmandan in another thread.

      To make sure that it does not remain buried, I am posting it here.

      and- yes, the sda’s have multiple counterfeit gospelS.

      ——————

      I was once in a discussion with a SDA about the Gospel and he made this erroneous statement below:

      “The counterfeit Gospel is out there. What is the other Gospel? It is a Gospel that tries to separate God's Law (10 commandments) from the Cross. It is a Gospel that tries to separate God's 10 commandments from the plan of salvation. God’s Law has always been part of the true Gospel of Christ. The counterfeit Gospel does not have it. God's forever Law (the 10 commandments) is the foundation of both the Old and the New Covenant and the very foundation and basis of the true Gospel of Christ.”

      The Gospel is the "good news" of the death, burial and resurrection of Christ (1 Corinthians 15:1-4) and is the power of God unto salvation to everyone that BELIEVES.. (Romans 1:16). To believe the Gospel is to trust in the death, burial and resurrection of Christ as the ALL-sufficient means of our salvation. The Gospel is not a set of rituals to perform, a code of laws to be obeyed or a check list of good works to accomplish as a prerequisite for salvation.

      SDA's profess to teach that salvation is by grace through faith, but then redefine this in a way that is contrary to the Gospel. Even though they deny this, they teach that salvation is by "grace plus law, faith plus works." Their doctrine of salvation is a subtle mixture of law and grace that is a perversion of the Gospel. (Galatians 1:6-9)



      https://forums.carm.org/vb5/forum/ch...13#post5639713
      Who was God's chosen Appstle for the Gentiles .Peter or Paul?
      Last edited by Mod9; 10-13-18, 01:21 PM. Reason: Alert no violation
      Fear God and keep his commandments,
      for this is the duty of ALL mankind. Ecc 12: 13

      Comment


      • #4
        This link does not work for me, this happens on deleted post, most of the time. Please post another link, So I can view in context of the other posts.

        Yours in Christ, Michael
        Choose please, either I am a Brother in Christ and I ask for Matthew 18:15-17 privileges, but if I am non-Christian to you, I ask for Matthew 5:44-48 in the attitude of Christ(Isaiah 53:7).
        If you have a question/challenge/charge, please post it, with cut-n-paste source, with reasoning to conclusion.
        Star of David(Rep Pt.), or Danger Ahead Caution(Report Post), or Apologetics(Reply with defense), Click as a Loving Christian. Your Choice...

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by Albur Tan View Post
          This was posted by Mailmandan in another thread.

          To make sure that it does not remain buried, I am posting it here.

          and- yes, the sda’s have multiple counterfeit gospelS.

          ——————

          I was once in a discussion with a SDA about the Gospel and he made this erroneous statement below:

          “The counterfeit Gospel is out there. What is the other Gospel? It is a Gospel that tries to separate God's Law (10 commandments) from the Cross. It is a Gospel that tries to separate God's 10 commandments from the plan of salvation. God’s Law has always been part of the true Gospel of Christ. The counterfeit Gospel does not have it. God's forever Law (the 10 commandments) is the foundation of both the Old and the New Covenant and the very foundation and basis of the true Gospel of Christ.”

          The Gospel is the "good news" of the death, burial and resurrection of Christ (1 Corinthians 15:1-4) and is the power of God unto salvation to everyone that BELIEVES.. (Romans 1:16). To believe the Gospel is to trust in the death, burial and resurrection of Christ as the ALL-sufficient means of our salvation. The Gospel is not a set of rituals to perform, a code of laws to be obeyed or a check list of good works to accomplish as a prerequisite for salvation.

          SDA's profess to teach that salvation is by grace through faith, but then redefine this in a way that is contrary to the Gospel. Even though they deny this, they teach that salvation is by "grace plus law, faith plus works." Their doctrine of salvation is a subtle mixture of law and grace that is a perversion of the Gospel. (Galatians 1:6-9)



          https://forums.carm.org/vb5/forum/ch...13#post5639713
          The gospel and God's laws are in total harmony with each other. Jesus fulfilled both by going to calvary. He died to take care of our sins, failure to keep His laws, and He provided grace that He is willing to forgive us of our sins, and to bring us into harmony with His mind/law. No man can live in harmony with God apart from Christ, hidden in Christ is the gospel.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by Albur Tan View Post
            This was posted by Mailmandan in another thread.

            To make sure that it does not remain buried, I am posting it here.

            and- yes, the sda’s have multiple counterfeit gospelS.

            ——————

            I was once in a discussion with a SDA about the Gospel and he made this erroneous statement below:

            “The counterfeit Gospel is out there. What is the other Gospel? It is a Gospel that tries to separate God's Law (10 commandments) from the Cross. It is a Gospel that tries to separate God's 10 commandments from the plan of salvation. God’s Law has always been part of the true Gospel of Christ. The counterfeit Gospel does not have it. God's forever Law (the 10 commandments) is the foundation of both the Old and the New Covenant and the very foundation and basis of the true Gospel of Christ.”

            The Gospel is the "good news" of the death, burial and resurrection of Christ (1 Corinthians 15:1-4) and is the power of God unto salvation to everyone that BELIEVES.. (Romans 1:16). To believe the Gospel is to trust in the death, burial and resurrection of Christ as the ALL-sufficient means of our salvation. The Gospel is not a set of rituals to perform, a code of laws to be obeyed or a check list of good works to accomplish as a prerequisite for salvation.

            SDA's profess to teach that salvation is by grace through faith, but then redefine this in a way that is contrary to the Gospel. Even though they deny this, they teach that salvation is by "grace plus law, faith plus works." Their doctrine of salvation is a subtle mixture of law and grace that is a perversion of the Gospel. (Galatians 1:6-9)
            Mailmandan's observations are truly accurate, and Greg confirmed this in his post on this thread. We can bump it to the top again.
            Unless the LORD builds the house, They labor in vain who build it; Unless the LORD guards the city, The watchman stays awake in vain. - Psalm 127:1

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by Victor View Post

              Mailmandan's observations are truly accurate, and Greg confirmed this in his post on this thread. We can bump it to the top again.
              If the Law and Works is NOT part of salvation , why are the following texts in your Bible:-

              Rom 2: 13

              1st Cor 7: 19 ( on the Commandments of God)

              2nd Cor 5: 10 ,, Click here > https://www.biblegateway.com/passage...10&version=NIV

              Matt 16: 27

              John 5: 28-29

              Rev 20: 12

              Rev 22: 12

              Fear God and keep his commandments,
              for this is the duty of ALL mankind. Ecc 12: 13

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by DANNO View Post
                If the Law and Works is NOT part of salvation , why are the following texts in your Bible:-
                Your question (?) of "if" is predicated on a thesis that Scripture naturally contradicts itself, and it becomes necessary for you to reject a common inspiration from a Divine source. None of your citations support an appeal to revert to the Mosaic covenant - indeed, citing Romans 2:13 shows ignorance of the narrative leading to a conclusion in 3:20 that "by the deeds of the law no flesh will be justified in His sight". The message in Romans 11 is sufficient to convey God's election of grace.

                I say then, has God cast away His people? Certainly not! For I also am an Israelite, of the seed of Abraham, of the tribe of Benjamin. 2 God has not cast away His people whom He foreknew. Or do you not know what the Scripture says of Elijah, how he pleads with God against Israel, saying, 3 “Lord, they have killed Your prophets and torn down Your altars, and I alone am left, and they seek my life”? 4 But what does the divine response say to him? “I have reserved for Myself seven thousand men who have not bowed the knee to Baal.” 5 Even so then, at this present time there is a remnant according to the election of grace. 6 And if by grace, then it is no longer of works; otherwise grace is no longer grace. But if it is of works, it is no longer grace; otherwise work is no longer work.

                7 What then? Israel has not obtained what it seeks; but the elect have obtained it, and the rest were blinded. 8 Just as it is written:
                "God has given them a spirit of stupor,
                Eyes that they should not see
                And ears that they should not hear,
                To this very day.”
                9 And David says:
                Let their table become a snare and a trap, A stumbling block and a recompense to them.
                10 Let their eyes be darkened, so that they do not see,
                And bow down their back always.”
                Unless the LORD builds the house, They labor in vain who build it; Unless the LORD guards the city, The watchman stays awake in vain. - Psalm 127:1

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by Victor View Post

                  Your question (?) of "if" is predicated on a thesis that Scripture naturally contradicts itself, and it becomes necessary for you to reject a common inspiration from a Divine source. None of your citations support an appeal to revert to the Mosaic covenant - indeed, citing Romans 2:13 shows ignorance of the narrative leading to a conclusion in 3:20 that "by the deeds of the law no flesh will be justified in His sight". The message in Romans 11 is sufficient to convey God's election of grace.

                  I say then, has God cast away His people? Certainly not! For I also am an Israelite, of the seed of Abraham, of the tribe of Benjamin. 2 God has not cast away His people whom He foreknew. Or do you not know what the Scripture says of Elijah, how he pleads with God against Israel, saying, 3 “Lord, they have killed Your prophets and torn down Your altars, and I alone am left, and they seek my life”? 4 But what does the divine response say to him? “I have reserved for Myself seven thousand men who have not bowed the knee to Baal.” 5 Even so then, at this present time there is a remnant according to the election of grace. 6 And if by grace, then it is no longer of works; otherwise grace is no longer grace. But if it is of works, it is no longer grace; otherwise work is no longer work.

                  7 What then? Israel has not obtained what it seeks; but the elect have obtained it, and the rest were blinded. 8 Just as it is written:
                  "God has given them a spirit of stupor,
                  Eyes that they should not see
                  And ears that they should not hear,
                  To this very day.”
                  9 And David says:
                  Let their table become a snare and a trap, A stumbling block and a recompense to them.
                  10 Let their eyes be darkened, so that they do not see,
                  And bow down their back always.”
                  What is your comments on the other scriptures on works by Matthew , John and in Revelation that I put up?

                  Paul clearly advised you to OBSERVE the commandments on God in 1st Cor 7: 19 and Rom 3: 31& Rom 7: 12
                  Fear God and keep his commandments,
                  for this is the duty of ALL mankind. Ecc 12: 13

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by DANNO View Post

                    What is your comments on the other scriptures on works by Matthew , John and in Revelation that I put up?

                    Paul clearly advised you to OBSERVE the commandments on God in 1st Cor 7: 19 and Rom 3: 31& Rom 7: 12
                    I offer the same conclusion that I did before, which you didn't comment on: You're projecting a thesis that Scripture naturally contradicts itself, and it becomes necessary for you to reject a common inspiration from a Divine source.

                    I'm happy to see you don't appeal to Romans 2:13 anymore. But with Romans 3:31, Paul quotes the portion of Law he upholds as a testament to righteousness by faith - identified in 4:3 as the Genesis record (Genesis 15:6). Likewise, Paul identifies the Law we have been delivered from (for those who know the Law, v.7:1, the Jewish recipients of his epistle) in v.7:7: "you shall not covet". That quote comes from Exodus 20:17 and Deuteronomy 5:21, showing that we have been delivered from the Mosaic Covenant commonly called the Ten Commandments.

                    When you reduce whole narratives into sound bites divorced from their context, it isn't surprising to see you can't determine the message the Biblical authors convey. Try inserting your other random verses into the context you stripped them from, and you should be able to see a coherent message that isn't what you want to post here. See the signature text John T uses in his posts, for it is true.
                    Unless the LORD builds the house, They labor in vain who build it; Unless the LORD guards the city, The watchman stays awake in vain. - Psalm 127:1

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by Victor View Post

                      I offer the same conclusion that I did before, which you didn't comment on: You're projecting a thesis that Scripture naturally contradicts itself, and it becomes necessary for you to reject a common inspiration from a Divine source.

                      I'm happy to see you don't appeal to Romans 2:13 anymore. But with Romans 3:31, Paul quotes the portion of Law he upholds as a testament to righteousness by faith - identified in 4:3 as the Genesis record (Genesis 15:6). Likewise, Paul identifies the Law we have been delivered from (for those who know the Law, v.7:1, the Jewish recipients of his epistle) in v.7:7: "you shall not covet". That quote comes from Exodus 20:17 and Deuteronomy 5:21, showing that we have been delivered from the Mosaic Covenant commonly called the Ten Commandments.

                      When you reduce whole narratives into sound bites divorced from their context, it isn't surprising to see you can't determine the message the Biblical authors convey. Try inserting your other random verses into the context you stripped them from, and you should be able to see a coherent message that isn't what you want to post here. See the signature text John T uses in his posts, for it is true.
                      Rom 2: 13 is crystal clear and there's NOTHING to comment on! Just like Gal 2: 16 is also crystal clear!

                      Heb 13: 17 is crystal clear! So is Acts 5: 29 !

                      Rom 5: 20 and Heb 10: 26 are crystal clear !

                      Peter was God's chosen Apostle to the Gentiles NOT Paul! Acts 15: 7

                      Yeshua's warnings in Matt 24: 1,4, 11 & 24 & Matt 22: 14 still remain!
                      Fear God and keep his commandments,
                      for this is the duty of ALL mankind. Ecc 12: 13

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by DANNO View Post

                        Rom 2: 13 is crystal clear and there's NOTHING to comment on! Just like Gal 2: 16 is also crystal clear!

                        Heb 13: 17 is crystal clear! So is Acts 5: 29 !

                        Rom 5: 20 and Heb 10: 26 are crystal clear !

                        Peter was God's chosen Apostle to the Gentiles NOT Paul! Acts 15: 7

                        Yeshua's warnings in Matt 24: 1,4, 11 & 24 & Matt 22: 14 still remain!
                        It appears that your closing comment is that the passages I showed you are "crystal clear" and don't need comment.
                        That's nice.
                        Now Who do you suppose made the decree according to Acts 9:15 concerning Paul's commission to bear His Name to the Gentiles, kings, and to Israel?
                        This is Who you're in contrast to.
                        Unless the LORD builds the house, They labor in vain who build it; Unless the LORD guards the city, The watchman stays awake in vain. - Psalm 127:1

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by Victor View Post

                          It appears that your closing comment is that the passages I showed you are "crystal clear" and don't need comment.
                          That's nice.
                          Now Who do you suppose made the decree according to Acts 9:15 concerning Paul's commission to bear His Name to the Gentiles, kings, and to Israel?
                          This is Who you're in contrast to.
                          Acts 9 was inspired by Satan! It was satan who spoke to Paul NOT YESHUA!!

                          Study John 16: 13 and John 14: 26 ! It does NOT He will send another apostle to remind you of His ministry!
                          You underestimate the power of Satan to decieve the whole world! Matt 24: 24,, Matt 22: 14
                          Fear God and keep his commandments,
                          for this is the duty of ALL mankind. Ecc 12: 13

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by DANNO View Post
                            Acts 9 was inspired by Satan! It was satan who spoke to Paul NOT YESHUA!!
                            You already appealed to the book of Acts as an authority, so you don't have any grounds to reject the same body of text I cited.
                            That was Yeshua Who commissioned Paul before Gentiles, kings, and to Israel.

                            Originally posted by DANNO View Post
                            Study John 16: 13 and John 14: 26 ! It does NOT He will send another apostle to remind you of His ministry!
                            You underestimate the power of Satan to decieve the whole world! Matt 24: 24,, Matt 22: 14
                            You never did comment on my observation that you were forced to reject the common inspiration of Scripture from a Divine source. It appears that you have done so. This stems from some foreign message that you want to promote, that isn't supported by the Biblical texts conveyed to us. Attacking Scripture is a mandate utilized by the cults, and Ellen promoted this view:
                            And while the Scriptures are God's Word, and are to be respected, the application of them, if such application moves one pillar of the foundation that God has sustained these fifty years, is a great mistake. {MR760 19.2}
                            The cults always consider Scripture a "great mistake" when they don't support their carnal made-up hocus-pocus. Always.
                            Unless the LORD builds the house, They labor in vain who build it; Unless the LORD guards the city, The watchman stays awake in vain. - Psalm 127:1

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by Victor View Post

                              You already appealed to the book of Acts as an authority, so you don't have any grounds to reject the same body of text I cited.
                              That was Yeshua Who commissioned Paul before Gentiles, kings, and to Israel.



                              You never did comment on my observation that you were forced to reject the common inspiration of Scripture from a Divine source. It appears that you have done so. This stems from some foreign message that you want to promote, that isn't supported by the Biblical texts conveyed to us. Attacking Scripture is a mandate utilized by the cults, and Ellen promoted this view:
                              And while the Scriptures are God's Word, and are to be respected, the application of them, if such application moves one pillar of the foundation that God has sustained these fifty years, is a great mistake. {MR760 19.2}
                              The cults always consider Scripture a "great mistake" when they don't support their carnal made-up hocus-pocus. Always.
                              The book of Acts has errors, lies , Contradictions and truth! You need a spiritual gift of discernment!

                              Which of these quotes are Truth ? :-

                              Heb 13: 17 or Acts 5: 29 ?

                              Acts 15: 7 or Acts 9: 1-2 , Gal 3: 1-2 , Rom 1: 1-2

                              Paul said women are still under the law!

                              1 Corinthians 14:34New International Version (NIV)
                              "Women should REMAIN SILENT in the churches. They are NOT ALLOWED TO SPEAK but must be IN SUBMISSION AS THE LAW SAYS!"

                              Last edited by DANNO; 11-05-18, 04:12 PM.
                              Fear God and keep his commandments,
                              for this is the duty of ALL mankind. Ecc 12: 13

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X