Announcement

Collapse

Message to all users:

https://carm.org/forum-rules

Super Member Subscription
https://carm.org/carm-super-members-banner-ad-signup

As most of you are aware, we had a crash to forums and were down for over two days a while back. We did have to do an upgrade to the vbulletin software to fix the forums and that has created changes, VB no longer provide the hybrid or threaded forums. There are some issues/changes to the forums we are not able to fix or change. Also note the link address change, please let friends and posters know of the changed link to the forums. For now this is the only link available, https://forums.carm.org/vb5/ but if clicking on forum on carm.org homepage it will now send you to this link. (edited to add https: now working.

Again, we are working through some of the posting and viewing issues to learn how to post with the changes, you will have to check and test the different features, icons that have changed. You may also want to go to profile settings,since many of the notifications, information in profile, also to update/edit your avatar by clicking on avatar space, pull down arrow next to login for user settings.

Edit to add "How to read forums, to make it easier."
Pull down arrow next to login name upper right select profile, or user settings when page opens to profile,select link in tab that says Account. Then select/choose options, go down to Conversation Detail Options, Select Display mode Posts, NOT Activity, that selection of Posts will make the pages of discussions go to last post on last page rather than out of order that happens if you choose activity threads. Then be sure to go to bottom and select SAVE Changes in your profile options. You can then follow discussions by going through the pages, to the last page having latest responses. Then click on the other links Privacy, Notifications, to select viewing options,the forums get easier if you open all the tabs or links in your profile, user settings and select options. To join Super Member, pull down arrow next to login name, select User Settings and then click on tab/link at top that says Subscriptions.

Thank you for your patience and God Bless.

Diane S
https://carm.org/forum-rules
See more
See less

The Seventh-day Adventist gospel.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • The Seventh-day Adventist gospel.

    .


    .
    “It means eternal salvation to keep the Sabbath holy unto the Lord.”

    [Ellen White, Testimonies for the Church, volume 6, pg 356.4]



    That is the message of the SDA denominations reason for existence.
    .




  • #2
    Originally posted by Albur Tan View Post
    .


    .
    “It means eternal salvation to keep the Sabbath holy unto the Lord.”

    [Ellen White, Testimonies for the Church, volume 6, pg 356.4]



    That is the message of the SDA denominations reason for existence.
    .


    After 50 yrs in the SDA church , what made you decide to leave? Surely it was NOT the Sabbath Commandment ?
    Fear God and keep his commandments,
    for this is the duty of ALL mankind. Ecc 12: 13

    Comment


    • #3
      No, I realized that the SDA remnant teaching prevented them from fellowship with Christians and thus violated the instructions of James regarding esteeming some above others - in violation of the Law they claimed to keep.

      That first realization prompted us, so we could keep the sabbath, to search for other SDA churches in the area that maybe didn’t have the same “extreme” view about the remnant - but I found that same view to be endemic in the SDA system.

      We finally gave up after we found the pastor in the last SDA church we tried grilled a new member in front of the congregation immediately after baptism about his intentions regarding tithe.

      For 5 years we didn’t participate spiritually in a corporate setting - only a small group of real Christians from a diverse background.

      Then I began to research Multi-Level-Marketing and realized how much the SDA church resembled that system.

      As we went along in the small group bible study I discovered a continuous stream of SDA teachings that violated true Bible teachings - including the requirement to observe saturday sabbath - or any day as sabbath.

      Ellen says that salvation depends upon saturday sabbath observance.

      Do you believe that teaching Danno?

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by Albur Tan View Post
        No, I realized that the SDA remnant teaching prevented them from fellowship with Christians and thus violated the instructions of James regarding esteeming some above others - in violation of the Law they claimed to keep.

        That first realization prompted us, so we could keep the sabbath, to search for other SDA churches in the area that maybe didn’t have the same “extreme” view about the remnant - but I found that same view to be endemic in the SDA system.

        We finally gave up after we found the pastor in the last SDA church we tried grilled a new member in front of the congregation immediately after baptism about his intentions regarding tithe.

        For 5 years we didn’t participate spiritually in a corporate setting - only a small group of real Christians from a diverse background.

        Then I began to research Multi-Level-Marketing and realized how much the SDA church resembled that system.

        As we went along in the small group bible study I discovered a continuous stream of SDA teachings that violated true Bible teachings - including the requirement to observe saturday sabbath - or any day as sabbath.

        Ellen says that salvation depends upon saturday sabbath observance.

        Do you believe that teaching Danno?
        I believe the Holy Sabbath is still blessed by God and it's still the 7th Day and YESHUA did NOT became the Sabbath!
        I also believe it is a sin to reject the Sabbath commandment and if NOT repented of it will remain a sin that cannot be forgiven without repentance!
        God does NOT forgive unrepented sins! God cannot accept your worship if you reject just ONE of His commandments ! Matt 5: 17-20 ,, James 2: 10 , John 9: 31 , Matt 15: 8-9 ,, Prov 28: 9 ,, Matt 7: 21-23 ,,Rev 14: 12 ,, Rev 12: 17

        Paul has decieved you. He tricked you! 2nd Cor 12: 16
        Who is "we" ? Do you mean all your family including grandkids?

        We (my whole family ) all left the sda ship after 21 years . For different reasons .
        Last edited by DANNO; 11-11-18, 04:23 AM.
        Fear God and keep his commandments,
        for this is the duty of ALL mankind. Ecc 12: 13

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by Albur Tan View Post
          No, I realized that the SDA remnant teaching prevented them from fellowship with Christians and thus violated the instructions of James regarding esteeming some above others - in violation of the Law they claimed to keep.

          That first realization prompted us, so we could keep the sabbath, to search for other SDA churches in the area that maybe didn’t have the same “extreme” view about the remnant - but I found that same view to be endemic in the SDA system.

          We finally gave up after we found the pastor in the last SDA church we tried grilled a new member in front of the congregation immediately after baptism about his intentions regarding tithe.

          For 5 years we didn’t participate spiritually in a corporate setting - only a small group of real Christians from a diverse background.

          Then I began to research Multi-Level-Marketing and realized how much the SDA church resembled that system.

          As we went along in the small group bible study I discovered a continuous stream of SDA teachings that violated true Bible teachings - including the requirement to observe saturday sabbath - or any day as sabbath.

          Ellen says that salvation depends upon saturday sabbath observance.

          Do you believe that teaching Danno?
          Sabbath pointed to our rest in Messiah.

          It was a SIGN (H226) between YHWH and Israel:

          Exo 31: 13 “And you, speak to the children of Yisra’ĕl, saying, ‘My Sabbaths you are to guard, by all means, for it is a SIGN (H226 -AWTh) between Me and you throughout your generations, to know that I, יהוה, am setting you apart..
          16 ‘And the children of Yisra’ĕl shall guard the Sabbath, to perform the Sabbath throughout their generations as an everlasting covenant.

          17 ‘Between Me and the children of Yisra’ĕl it is a SIGN (H226 - AWTh) forever. For in six days יהוה made the heavens and the earth, and on the seventh day He rested and was refreshed.’ ”

          Law/Turah was given to Israel as a trainer to bring them to Messiah.

          The early Assembly in Acts did practice this day while in transition from old covenant to Renewed/New Covenant.

          Remember a physical sign (H226) always points to a spiritual reality. It was a pointer to Messiah who is the goal of Turah. Once the goal is achieved, the physical sign should go away as this will kill rather than giving life.


          2Cor 3:5 Not that we are competent in ourselves to reckon any matter as from ourselves, but our competence is from Elohim,

          6 who also made us competent as servants of a renewed covenant, not of the letter (H226 AWTh) but of the Spirit, for the letter(H226 AWTh) kills but the Spirit gives life.

          3:6 הוּא הִכְשִׁיר אוֹתָנוּ לִהְיוֹת מְשָׁרְתִים שֶׁל בְּרִית חֲדָשָׁה, לֹא שֶׁל אוֹת כְּתוּבָה, אֶלָּא שֶׁל הָרוּחַ; שֶׁכֵּן הָאוֹת מְמִיתָה, אֲבָל הָרוּחַ מְחַיָּה

          According to James 1:1, all 12 tribes are now in dispersion. They are in different countries. So keeping Sabbath is not only possible but not scriptural.

          What about Israel when they were in captivity? Did they keep Sabbaths and appointed times? No!

          2Chr 36:20 And those who escaped from the sword he exiled to Baḇel, where they became servants to him and his sons until the reign of the reign of Persia,

          21 in order to fill the word of יהוה by the mouth of Yirmeyahu, until the land had enjoyed her Sabbaths. As long as she lay waste she kept Sabbath, until seventy years were completed.

          The true Sabbath was realized when their land lay waste when Israel went captive.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by dannyfortruth View Post

            Sabbath pointed to our rest in Messiah.

            It was a SIGN (H226) between YHWH and Israel:

            Exo 31: 13 “And you, speak to the children of Yisra’ĕl, saying, ‘My Sabbaths you are to guard, by all means, for it is a SIGN (H226 -AWTh) between Me and you throughout your generations, to know that I, יהוה, am setting you apart..
            16 ‘And the children of Yisra’ĕl shall guard the Sabbath, to perform the Sabbath throughout their generations as an everlasting covenant.

            17 ‘Between Me and the children of Yisra’ĕl it is a SIGN (H226 - AWTh) forever. For in six days יהוה made the heavens and the earth, and on the seventh day He rested and was refreshed.’ ”

            Law/Turah was given to Israel as a trainer to bring them to Messiah.

            The early Assembly in Acts did practice this day while in transition from old covenant to Renewed/New Covenant.

            Remember a physical sign (H226) always points to a spiritual reality. It was a pointer to Messiah who is the goal of Turah. Once the goal is achieved, the physical sign should go away as this will kill rather than giving life.


            2Cor 3:5 Not that we are competent in ourselves to reckon any matter as from ourselves, but our competence is from Elohim,

            6 who also made us competent as servants of a renewed covenant, not of the letter (H226 AWTh) but of the Spirit, for the letter(H226 AWTh) kills but the Spirit gives life.

            3:6 הוּא הִכְשִׁיר אוֹתָנוּ לִהְיוֹת מְשָׁרְתִים שֶׁל בְּרִית חֲדָשָׁה, לֹא שֶׁל אוֹת כְּתוּבָה, אֶלָּא שֶׁל הָרוּחַ; שֶׁכֵּן הָאוֹת מְמִיתָה, אֲבָל הָרוּחַ מְחַיָּה

            According to James 1:1, all 12 tribes are now in dispersion. They are in different countries. So keeping Sabbath is not only possible but not scriptural.

            What about Israel when they were in captivity? Did they keep Sabbaths and appointed times? No!

            2Chr 36:20 And those who escaped from the sword he exiled to Baḇel, where they became servants to him and his sons until the reign of the reign of Persia,

            21 in order to fill the word of יהוה by the mouth of Yirmeyahu, until the land had enjoyed her Sabbaths. As long as she lay waste she kept Sabbath, until seventy years were completed.

            The true Sabbath was realized when their land lay waste when Israel went captive.
            Are you saying the following scripture applies only to Jews - ISRAEL ??

            Rev 14: 12 .. Rev 12: 17 ,, 1st Cor 7: 19 on the commandments of God

            and Isaiah 66: 23 does this apply only to Jews / Israel and NOT to all mankind?

            And Ecc 12: 13 and Rom 3: 31 & Rom 7: 12 applies only to Jews and NOT all mankind ?


            1 Corinthians 7:19 New King James Version (NKJV)
            19 "Circumcision is nothing and uncircumcision is nothing, but keeping the commandments of God is what matters."

            Romans 3:31
            31 "Do we, then, nullify the law by this faith? Not at all! Rather, we uphold the law."

            31 "Do we then make void the law through faith? God forbid: yea, we establish the law".


            Ecclesiastes 12:13
            13 "Now all has been heard;
            here is the conclusion of the matter:
            Fear God and keep his commandments,
            for this is the duty of ALL mankind."



            Romans 2:13 New International Version (NIV)

            13 For it is not those who hear the law who are righteous in God’s sight, BUT IT IS THOSE WHO OBEY THE LAW WHO WILL BE DECLARED RIGHTEOUS."

            1 John 3:4
            4 Everyone who sins breaks the law; in fact, sin is lawlessness.

            Matt 5: 17-20 & Matt 7: 21-23,, Matt 15: 8-9 ,,

            NO LAW = NO SIN !,
            Last edited by DANNO; 11-11-18, 06:15 AM.
            Fear God and keep his commandments,
            for this is the duty of ALL mankind. Ecc 12: 13

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by DANNO View Post

              Are you saying the following scripture applies only to Jews - ISRAEL ??

              Rev 14: 12 .. Rev 12: 17 ,, 1st Cor 7: 19 on the commandments of God

              and Isaiah 66: 23 does this apply only to Jews / Israel and NOT to all mankind?

              And Ecc 12: 13 and Rom 3: 31 & Rom 7: 12 applies only to Jews and NOT all mankind ?


              1 Corinthians 7:19 New King James Version (NKJV)
              19 "Circumcision is nothing and uncircumcision is nothing, but keeping the commandments of God is what matters."

              Romans 3:31
              31 "Do we, then, nullify the law by this faith? Not at all! Rather, we uphold the law."

              31 "Do we then make void the law through faith? God forbid: yea, we establish the law".


              Ecclesiastes 12:13
              13 "Now all has been heard;
              here is the conclusion of the matter:
              Fear God and keep his commandments,
              for this is the duty of ALL mankind."



              Romans 2:13 New International Version (NIV)

              13 For it is not those who hear the law who are righteous in God’s sight, BUT IT IS THOSE WHO OBEY THE LAW WHO WILL BE DECLARED RIGHTEOUS."

              1 John 3:4
              4 Everyone who sins breaks the law; in fact, sin is lawlessness.

              Matt 5: 17-20 & Matt 7: 21-23,, Matt 15: 8-9 ,,

              NO LAW = NO SIN !,
              I gave correct interpretation by comparing spiritual with spiritual.

              The Law is spiritual and canal men won't understand anything. They only pit one scripture against another. No use dealing with them.

              You are stripping scriptures from their proper context because you are in enmity with YHWH.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by dannyfortruth View Post

                I gave correct interpretation by comparing spiritual with spiritual.

                The Law is spiritual and canal men won't understand anything. They only pit one scripture against another. No use dealing with them.

                You are stripping scriptures from their proper context because you are in enmity with YHWH.
                You gave a misleading interpretation. Matt 12: 36-37

                At least you are not saying you are not aware of those scriptures and the points I made in support of God's Commandments!

                Do you agree Paul and Luke came on the scene AFTER Christ resurrection and ascension ? If so , you would also AGREE with the promises in John 16: 13 and John 14: 26 disqualifies Paul and Luke?
                Do you also agree Paul did NOT meet the CRITIRIA in John 5: 31 ? Paul did NOT bring a SINGLE member from his gang to testify on the events in Acts 9 Agree? To accept Paul you would have to reject John 5: 31 and John 16: 13 ,, John 14: 26

                . 1 John 3:4
                4 "Everyone who sins breaks the law; in fact, sin is lawlessness."

                Have you allowed the Holy Spirit to write God's Law in your heart and Mind?



                Keep reading your bible especially Matt 13: 1-39
                Last edited by DANNO; 11-11-18, 07:34 AM.
                Fear God and keep his commandments,
                for this is the duty of ALL mankind. Ecc 12: 13

                Comment

                Working...
                X