Announcement

Collapse

Message to all users:

https://carm.org/forum-rules

Super Member Subscription
https://carm.org/carm-super-members-banner-ad-signup

As most of you are aware, we had a crash to forums and were down for over two days a while back. We did have to do an upgrade to the vbulletin software to fix the forums and that has created changes, VB no longer provide the hybrid or threaded forums. There are some issues/changes to the forums we are not able to fix or change. Also note the link address change, please let friends and posters know of the changed link to the forums. For now this is the only link available, https://forums.carm.org/vb5/ but if clicking on forum on carm.org homepage it will now send you to this link. (edited to add https: now working.

Again, we are working through some of the posting and viewing issues to learn how to post with the changes, you will have to check and test the different features, icons that have changed. You may also want to go to profile settings,since many of the notifications, information in profile, also to update/edit your avatar by clicking on avatar space, pull down arrow next to login for user settings.

Edit to add "How to read forums, to make it easier."
Pull down arrow next to login name upper right select profile, or user settings when page opens to profile,select link in tab that says Account. Then select/choose options, go down to Conversation Detail Options, Select Display mode Posts, NOT Activity, that selection of Posts will make the pages of discussions go to last post on last page rather than out of order that happens if you choose activity threads. Then be sure to go to bottom and select SAVE Changes in your profile options. You can then follow discussions by going through the pages, to the last page having latest responses. Then click on the other links Privacy, Notifications, to select viewing options,the forums get easier if you open all the tabs or links in your profile, user settings and select options. To join Super Member, pull down arrow next to login name, select User Settings and then click on tab/link at top that says Subscriptions.

Thank you for your patience and God Bless.

Diane S
https://carm.org/forum-rules
See more
See less

The real reason Christ has not returned.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The real reason Christ has not returned.

It is all the fault of the “remnant church of Bible prophecy” (a phrase found in the SDA baptismal vows)

According to their own prophet, Ellen White, they haven’t had any member or administrative leader do this - so God will not let Christ come back the second time.

“When the character of Christ shall be perfectly reproduced in His people, then He will come to claim them as His own.” [Ellen White, LDE 39.2]

Originally posted by Albur Tan View Post
    It is all the fault of the “remnant church of Bible prophecy” (a phrase found in the SDA baptismal vows)

According to their own prophet, Ellen White, they haven’t had any member or administrative leader do this - so God will not let Christ come back the second time.

“When the character of Christ shall be perfectly reproduced in His people, then He will come to claim them as His own.” [Ellen White, LDE 39.2]
    The notion of sinless perfectionism remains a requisite for their model of the Lord's return, verified by this more contemporary quote:
    In the last generation God gives the final demonstration that men can keep the law of God and that they can live without sinning. God leaves nothing undone to make the demonstration complete. The only limitation He puts on Satan is that he may not kill the saints of God. He may tempt them, he may harass and threaten them; and he does his best. But he fails. He cannot make them sin. They stand the test, and God puts His seal on them. Through the last generation of saints God stands fully vindicated. (M.L. Andreasen The Sanctuary Service, Review and Herald, 1969 printing, pp. 318-19)
    Most of us are aware of the Gospel of God's redemption, demonstrating His mercy to save us.
    Adventism seeks to 'vindicate' the old covenant and save God's reputation.
    This reversal of the Gospel's message can't be overlooked.
    “Redemption in Christ means to cease the transgression of the law of God and to be free from every sin.” (Faith and Works, p. 95)
    This isn't redemption in Christ.
    Unless the LORD builds the house, They labor in vain who build it; Unless the LORD guards the city, The watchman stays awake in vain. - Psalm 127:1

Comment

Originally posted by Victor View Post

The notion of sinless perfectionism remains a requisite for their model of the Lord's return, verified by this more contemporary quote:
      In the last generation God gives the final demonstration that men can keep the law of God and that they can live without sinning. God leaves nothing undone to make the demonstration complete. The only limitation He puts on Satan is that he may not kill the saints of God. He may tempt them, he may harass and threaten them; and he does his best. But he fails. He cannot make them sin. They stand the test, and God puts His seal on them. Through the last generation of saints God stands fully vindicated. (M.L. Andreasen The Sanctuary Service, Review and Herald, 1969 printing, pp. 318-19)
      Most of us are aware of the Gospel of God's redemption, demonstrating His mercy to save us.
      Adventism seeks to 'vindicate' the old covenant and save God's reputation.
      This reversal of the Gospel's message can't be overlooked.
      “Redemption in Christ means to cease the transgression of the law of God and to be free from every sin.” (Faith and Works, p. 95)
      This isn't redemption in Christ.

Yes, SDA’s are terribly powerful - they are preventing the second coming of Jesus - all by themselves.

Comment

Yes, SDA’s are terribly powerful - they are preventing the second coming of Jesus - all by themselves.
        In reality, David speaking from the Holy Ghost saw that the SDA is powerless concerning God's timing.
        Psalm 31
        14 But as for me, I trust in You, O Lord;
        I say, “You are my God.”
        15 My times are in Your hand;
        Deliver me from the hand of my enemies,
        And from those who persecute me.
        Unless the LORD builds the house, They labor in vain who build it; Unless the LORD guards the city, The watchman stays awake in vain. - Psalm 127:1

Comment

Thank you again for lifting up Jesus and His remnant church - the Seventh Day Adventist Church. It is good that you have brought up this vital concept. You have not given your thoughts on the subject. So what is the real Albur Tan's understanding of why Jesus has not come yet?

Comment

Originally posted by Greg Goodchild View Post

Thank you again for lifting up Jesus and His remnant church - the Seventh Day Adventist Church. It is good that you have brought up this vital concept. You have not given your thoughts on the subject. So what is the real Albur Tan's understanding of why Jesus has not come yet?
            If we actually considered the Adventist model of eschatology as valid, Jesus will never return. Their members are still a long way off from sinless perfectionism.
            My thoughts on the topic, for Greg's sake: your church is utterly and completely wrong. You are powerless to stay the terrible Day of the Lord.

Comment

Yes, Greg, I lift up the Seventh-day Adventist Church to God that they will accept Jesus as their savior and cease from their unloving systematic murders of the unborn in their hospitals.

I lift up the Seventh-day Adventist Church to God that they will accept Jesus as their savior and cease from their deception of their members about the nature of God and the plan of salvation by insisting on keeping a ceremonial law meant only for the Children of Jacob.

Unlike the Seventh-day Adventist Church, I do not pretend to know the mind of God about when he has determined that Jesus will come the second time.

Comment

Yes, Greg, I lift up the Seventh-day Adventist Church to God that they will accept Jesus as their savior and cease from their unloving systematic murders of the unborn in their hospitals.

I lift up the Seventh-day Adventist Church to God that they will accept Jesus as their savior and cease from their deception of their members about the nature of God and the plan of salvation by insisting on keeping a ceremonial law meant only for the Children of Jacob.

Unlike the Seventh-day Adventist Church, I do not pretend to know the mind of God about when he has determined that Jesus will come the second time.
                Greg
                Well thank you for attempting to intercede for God's people. I believe that God's people, the SDA church, accepts Jesus as their Savior. I am sad that you do not approve of their acceptance of Jesus Christ.
                Again your concern about the SDA church not accepting your views of the nature of God, and their willingness to accept the Sabbath is sweet but not informed. Salvation does not come by obeying Albur, but by accepting Jesus by faith and obeying what He has commanded us to do.
                It is good that you do not claim to know when Jesus will come again. I do not know that either. I just see the signs of His coming and know that it will be soon.

Comment

Greg
                  Well thank you for attempting to intercede for God's people. I believe that God's people, the SDA church, accepts Jesus as their Savior. I am sad that you do not approve of their acceptance of Jesus Christ.
                  Again your concern about the SDA church not accepting your views of the nature of God, and their willingness to accept the Sabbath is sweet but not informed. Salvation does not come by obeying Albur, but by accepting Jesus by faith and obeying what He has commanded us to do.
                  It is good that you do not claim to know when Jesus will come again. I do not know that either. I just see the signs of His coming and know that it will be soon.
                  according to Ellen, claiming to be a Seventh day Adventist like you do, makes you responsible for the delay in Christ’s second coming - just like every SDA member.

Comment

according to Ellen, claiming to be a Seventh day Adventist like you do, makes you responsible for the delay in Christ’s second coming - just like every SDA member.
                    I don't believe Greg recognizes this theological nightmare originating from Ellen. Has he even responded to this?

Comment

Originally posted by Victor View Post

I don't believe Greg recognizes this theological nightmare originating from Ellen. Has he even responded to this?
                      No he hasn’t. Nor will he come to us with a biblical response because he, as do all SDA’s, believes that Ellen gives the only true interpretation of scripture.

SDA’s voted policy on Ellen White is that if a view or interpretaion of the Bible disagrees with Ellen’s stated position it is because it is derived from human reason, tradition, modern culture or a personal experience that must be divorced from connection with God.

STATEMENT OF CONFIDENCE IN THE WRITINGS OF ELLEN G WHITE

As delegates to the 2015 General Conference Session in San Antonio, Texas, we express our deep gratitude to God for the continuing presence of the various spiritual gifts among His people (1 Cor 12:4-11; Eph 4:11-14), and particularly for the prophetic guidance we have received through the life and ministry of Ellen G White (1827-1915).

On the centennial of her death, we rejoice that her writings have been made available around the globe in many languages and in a variety of printed and electronic formats.

We reaffirm our conviction that her writings are divinely inspired, truly Christ-centered, and Bible-based. Rather than replacing the Bible, they uplift the normative character of Scripture and correct inaccurate interpretations of it derived from tradition, human reason, personal experience, and modern culture.

We commit ourselves to study the writings of Ellen G White prayerfully and with hearts willing to follow the counsels and instructions we find there. Whether individually, in the family, in small groups, in the classroom, or in the church, a combined study of the Bible and her writings provide a transforming and faith-uplifting experience.

We encourage the continued development of both worldwide and local strategies to foster the circulation of her writings inside and outside the church. The study of these writings is a powerful means to strengthen and prepare His people for the glorious appearing of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ.

Comment

Yes, SDA's are terribly powerful - they are preventing the second coming of Jesus - all by themselves.
                        It will not be laughable, when GOD expresses GOD's Truth about these things. Then GOD judges the Truths, we hold to be Truth.

AV Phl 4:8 Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things [are] honest, whatsoever things [are] just, whatsoever things [are] pure, whatsoever things [are] lovely, whatsoever things [are] of good report; if [there be] any virtue, and if [there be] any praise, think on these things.

So you are still stuck on EGW, for topic material ???

Yours in Christ, Michael
                        Choose please, either I am a Brother in Christ and I ask for Matthew 18:15-17 privileges, but if I am non-Christian to you, I ask for Matthew 5:44-48 in the attitude of Christ(Isaiah 53:7).
                        If you have a question/challenge/charge, please post it, with cut-n-paste source, with reasoning to conclusion.
                        Star of David(Rep Pt.), or Danger Ahead Caution(Report Post), or Apologetics(Reply with defense), Click as a Loving Christian. Your Choice...

Comment

Originally posted by SDAchristian View Post
                          It will not be laughable, when GOD expresses GOD's Truth about these things. Then GOD judges the Truths, we hold to be Truth.

AV Phl 4:8 Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things [are] honest, whatsoever things [are] just, whatsoever things [are] pure, whatsoever things [are] lovely, whatsoever things [are] of good report; if [there be] any virtue, and if [there be] any praise, think on these things.

So you are still stuck on EGW, for topic material ???

So, Michael, - How are you different from your fellow SDA members who are also preventing Christ from returning the second time?

Ellen provides plenty of anti-Christian fodder to discuss.

Comment

Hey Albur you got this one correct. And if the SDAs are holding things up what do you think about those who deny Jesus and His law, and His gospel. Sounds like a need for a lot of repentance and deeper conversion.

Comment

No he hasn’t. Nor will he come to us with a biblical response because he, as do all SDA’s, believes that Ellen gives the only true interpretation of scripture.

SDA’s voted policy on Ellen White is that if a view or interpretaion of the Bible disagrees with Ellen’s stated position it is because it is derived from human reason, tradition, modern culture or a personal experience that must be divorced from connection with God.

STATEMENT OF CONFIDENCE IN THE WRITINGS OF ELLEN G WHITE

As delegates to the 2015 General Conference Session in San Antonio, Texas, we express our deep gratitude to God for the continuing presence of the various spiritual gifts among His people (1 Cor 12:4-11; Eph 4:11-14), and particularly for the prophetic guidance we have received through the life and ministry of Ellen G White (1827-1915).

On the centennial of her death, we rejoice that her writings have been made available around the globe in many languages and in a variety of printed and electronic formats.

We reaffirm our conviction that her writings are divinely inspired, truly Christ-centered, and Bible-based. Rather than replacing the Bible, they uplift the normative character of Scripture and correct inaccurate interpretations of it derived from tradition, human reason, personal experience, and modern culture.

We commit ourselves to study the writings of Ellen G White prayerfully and with hearts willing to follow the counsels and instructions we find there. Whether individually, in the family, in small groups, in the classroom, or in the church, a combined study of the Bible and her writings provide a transforming and faith-uplifting experience.

We encourage the continued development of both worldwide and local strategies to foster the circulation of her writings inside and outside the church. The study of these writings is a powerful means to strengthen and prepare His people for the glorious appearing of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ.

And now it would be good if you read and quoted the belief about the Bible. That would be a balanced position don't you think, to share the belief about the Bible and about the Testimony of Jesus?

Comment

Working...
                              X