Announcement

Collapse

Message to all users:

https://carm.org/forum-rules

Super Member Subscription
https://carm.org/carm-super-members-banner-ad-signup

As most of you are aware, we had a crash to forums and were down for over two days a while back. We did have to do an upgrade to the vbulletin software to fix the forums and that has created changes, VB no longer provide the hybrid or threaded forums. There are some issues/changes to the forums we are not able to fix or change. Also note the link address change, please let friends and posters know of the changed link to the forums. For now this is the only link available, https://forums.carm.org/vb5/ but if clicking on forum on carm.org homepage it will now send you to this link. (edited to add https: now working.

Again, we are working through some of the posting and viewing issues to learn how to post with the changes, you will have to check and test the different features, icons that have changed. You may also want to go to profile settings,since many of the notifications, information in profile, also to update/edit your avatar by clicking on avatar space, pull down arrow next to login for user settings.

Edit to add "How to read forums, to make it easier."
Pull down arrow next to login name upper right select profile, or user settings when page opens to profile,select link in tab that says Account. Then select/choose options, go down to Conversation Detail Options, Select Display mode Posts, NOT Activity, that selection of Posts will make the pages of discussions go to last post on last page rather than out of order that happens if you choose activity threads. Then be sure to go to bottom and select SAVE Changes in your profile options. You can then follow discussions by going through the pages, to the last page having latest responses. Then click on the other links Privacy, Notifications, to select viewing options,the forums get easier if you open all the tabs or links in your profile, user settings and select options. To join Super Member, pull down arrow next to login name, select User Settings and then click on tab/link at top that says Subscriptions.

Thank you for your patience and God Bless.

Diane S
https://carm.org/forum-rules
See more
See less

Who is the false prophet?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mathias View Post
    Non Sequitur. In your fallacy there is only one false prophet that gets thrown in the lake fire but everyone who speaks presumptuously will give an account.
    But a prophet who presumes to speak in my name anything I have not commanded, or a prophet who speaks in the name of other gods, is to be put to death. Deut 18:20

MG likes the Redeemer but despises the redeemed, now isn't that special.
    It is not fallacy but a quote from SCRIPTURE.

Rev_19:20 And the beast was taken, and with him the false prophet that wrought miracles before him, with which he deceived them that had received the mark of the beast, and them that worshipped his image. These both were cast alive into a lake of fire burning with brimstone.

THIS IS WHO I AM ASKING ABOUT.

Who is this false prophet?

You seem to angry, Have you the Peace of Christ?
    Pro 8:13 The fear of the LORD is to hate evil: pride, and arrogancy, and the evil way, and the froward mouth, do I hate.

Comment

Originally posted by Forgiven Child View Post
      Have you tested every Spirit that says they are from God in the Bible?
      Every spirit that does not acknowledge Jesus is not from God. This is the spirit of the antichrist...
      You, children beloved of God, have overcome them, because the one who is in you is greater than the one who is in the world.1 John 4:2-4
      Last edited by mathias; 12-22-18, 05:09 PM.

Comment

They will bear their guilt-the prophet will be as guilty as the one who consults him. Ezek 14:10
        Rev_19:20 And the beast was taken, and with him the false prophet that wrought miracles before him, with which he deceived them that had received the mark of the beast, and them that worshipped his image. These both were cast alive into a lake of fire burning with brimstone.

This is the one I am asking about,..
        One of many blind guides.
        Woe to the foolish prophets who follow their own spirit and have seen nothing! Ezek 13:3
        So you are saying that the blind are too stupid to know the difference between someone that tells them the truth, and someone that lies?
        If they could see, they wouldn't be deceived.
        If only they were wise and would understand this and discern what their end will be! Deuteronomy 32:28
        Also are you saying you are a Calvinist?
        Neither Calvin nor Arminius died for me.
        Are you even Christian?
        Redeemed by the blood of Jesus.
        You seem to very antagonistic.
        On the contrary. As the song says:
        I need no other argument... It is enough that Jesus died, and that He died for me.
        You seem to angry,
        The anger of man does not produce the righteousness that God requires...Receive the implanted word which is able to save you. James 1:20-21
        Have you the Peace of Christ?
        Which surpasses understanding, human intellect.
        Last edited by mathias; 12-23-18, 05:06 PM.

Comment

They will bear their guilt-the prophet will be as guilty as the one who consults him. Ezek 14:10
          One of many blind guides.
          Woe to the foolish prophets who follow their own spirit and have seen nothing! Ezek 13:3

If they could see, they wouldn't be deceived.
          If only they were wise and would understand this and discern what their end will be! Deuteronomy 32:28

Neither Calvin nor Arminius died for me.

Redeemed by the blood of Jesus.

On the contrary. As the song says:
          I need no other argument... It is enough that Jesus died, and that He died for me.

The anger of man does not produce the righteousness that God requires...Receive the implanted word which is able to save you. James 1:20-21

Which surpasses understanding, human intellect.
          This is what came to my mind when I read your post.

Jud 1:16 These are murmurers, complainers, walking after their own lusts; and their mouth speaketh great swelling words, having men's persons in admiration because of advantage.
          Pro 8:13 The fear of the LORD is to hate evil: pride, and arrogancy, and the evil way, and the froward mouth, do I hate.

Comment

I found it necessary to write to you appealing that you fight for [defend] the faith which was once for all delivered to those set apart in Christ.

Originally posted by Forgiven Child
            Are you even Christian?
            mathias>Redeemed by the blood of Jesus.
            You seem to very antagonistic.
            mathias>On the contrary. As the song says:
            You seem to angry,
            mahtias>The anger of man does not produce the righteousness that God requires.
            ...Receive the implanted word which is able to save you. James 1:20-21
            Have you the Peace of Christ?
            mathias>Which surpasses understanding, human intellect.
            This is what came to my mind when I read your post.

Jud 1:16 These are murmurers, complainers, walking after their own lusts; and their mouth speaketh great swelling words, having men's persons in admiration because of advantage.
            Your discernment is nothing to write home about.
            The passage you cited refers to those who walk in the way of Cain, those who rely on human endeavor and fall prey to a false prophet, Balaam.

These mockers walk after the flesh. They do not have the Spirit.
            But you beloved of God,...keep yourselves in the love of God, looking for the mercy of our Lord Jesus Christ unto eternal life. Jude 1:19,21

This is what He promised us-eternal life. 1 John 2:25-25
            Last edited by mathias; 12-23-18, 07:50 PM.

Comment

We love because he first loved us. 1 John 4:19
              Originally posted by forgivenchild View Post

I perceive you are complacent.
              You draw sin along with cords of deceit,
              forming a foreign alliance. [paraphrased]
              Relying on a defeated foe is a fool's errand.
              The Lord appeared to us, saying: "I have loved you with an everlasting love
              this is why in my grace I draw you to me." Jer 31:3
              Sow righteousness for yourselves, reap the fruit of unfailing love,... Hos 10:12

Comment

The false prophet must be someone that teaches either Jewish and/or Christian theology, they must also be contained in the pages of the Bible itself, and it must be possible for a person to understand that their teachings are false.
                That is why we have Isaiah 8:19-20. All have the Scriptures by which to compare false teaching against.. If the teachings are not in harmony with the Word of God it is false teaching.

Comment

Originally posted by Greg Goodchild View Post

That is why we have Isaiah 8:19-20. All have the Scriptures by which to compare false teaching against.. If the teachings are not in harmony with the Word of God it is false teaching.
                  SO would you say his most famous saying is at odds with the Bible?

Rom 3:23 For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God;

When Scripture is clear, this is just a Beginning of Post I can post that disprove Rom 3:23

Luk 1:6 And they were both righteous before God, walking in all the commandments and ordinances of the Lord blameless.

Comment

12-25-18, 08:11 PM
                    Originally posted by Greg Goodchild View Post

When Scripture is clear, this is just a Beginning of Post I can post that disprove Rom 3:23

Luk 1:6 And they were both righteous before God, walking in all the commandments and ordinances of the Lord blameless.

Greg replised -- Who is the famous person you are speaking of? If you are speaking of Isaiah his words are directly from God. So who are you trying to speak about?

Comment

If You, Lord, should mark iniquities, O Lord, who could stand?

You have delivered my soul from death. You have kept my feet from stumbling, That I may walk before God In the light of the living.

Comment

Yes, I would say that a false prophets most famous sayings, if at odds with Scripture, would be a false prophet. When I talk about Scripture I am not talking about those thoughts that Church councils approve of, but the Scriptures themselves. So I am waiting with bated breath for you to spring the "false prophet" on us.

Comment

I guess who is the false prophet is a good question for a Bible game. One thing for sure it doesn't have anything to do with salvation. I am not as savvy to the games, I want To know everything about pleasing God and my fellow man. Find those things from scripture and we will know that we belong to the truth and how we set our hearts at rest in his presence: taken from 1Jn3:19
                          Blessed are the cracked, for they are the ones who let in the light.

Comment

Originally posted by ontheBeam View Post
                            I guess who is the false prophet is a good question for a Bible game. ... I am not as savvy to the games,...
                            The diviners envision lies, And tell false dreams; They comfort in vain. Therefore the people wend their way like sheep; They are in trouble because there is no shepherd. Zech 10:2
                            ... we will know that we belong to the truth and how we set our hearts at rest in his presence: taken from 1Jn3:19
                            Most assuredly, I say to you, he who believes in Me has everlasting life. John 6:47

Comment

I guess who is the false prophet is a good question for a Bible game. One thing for sure it doesn't have anything to do with salvation. I am not as savvy to the games, I want To know everything about pleasing God and my fellow man. Find those things from scripture and we will know that we belong to the truth and how we set our hearts at rest in his presence: taken from 1Jn3:19
                              It has everything to do with salavation! The false prophet has deceived many with his counterfiet gospel. Yeshua said worship God in Spirit and in truth! John 4: 24

The Gospel of Matthew teaches us not to be decieved ! Matt 24: 1, 4, 11 , 24.... Matt 15: 8-9 .. Matt 22: 14 .. Matt 13: 24-40

The false prophet calls himself Christian! He is now dead .
                              Fear God and keep his commandments,
                              for this is the duty of ALL mankind. Ecc 12: 13

Comment

Originally posted by DANNO View Post
                                I guess who is the false prophet is a good question for a Bible game. One thing for sure it doesn't have anything to do with salvation.
                                It has everything to do with salavation! The false prophet has deceived many with his counterfiet gospel. Yeshua said worship God in Spirit and in truth! John 4: 24

The Gospel of Matthew teaches us not to be decieved ! Matt 24: 1, 4, 11 , 24.... Matt 15: 8-9 .. Matt 22: 14 .. Matt 13: 24-40

The false prophet calls himself Christian! He is now dead .
                                Keep the unity of the Spirit in the bond of peace. 4 For there is one body and one Spirit, just as you were called in one hope of your calling; 5 one Lord, one faith, one baptism; 6 one God and Father of all, who is above all, and through all, and in you all.

To each one of us grace was given according to the measure of Christ's gift.

And He Himself gave some to be apostles, some prophets,...till we all come to the unity of the faith and of the knowledge of the Son of God,

Put on the new man which was created according to God, in truth, righteousness and holiness.
                                Do Not Grieve the Spirit
                                Therefore, putting away lying, “Let each one of you speak truth with his neighbor,” for we are members of one body. Ephesians 4:

Comment

Working...
                                X