Announcement

Collapse

Message to all users:

https://carm.org/forum-rules

Super Member Subscription
https://carm.org/carm-super-members-banner-ad-signup

As most of you are aware, we had a crash to forums and were down for over two days a while back. We did have to do an upgrade to the vbulletin software to fix the forums and that has created changes, VB no longer provide the hybrid or threaded forums. There are some issues/changes to the forums we are not able to fix or change. Also note the link address change, please let friends and posters know of the changed link to the forums. For now this is the only link available, https://forums.carm.org/vb5/ but if clicking on forum on carm.org homepage it will now send you to this link. (edited to add https: now working.

Again, we are working through some of the posting and viewing issues to learn how to post with the changes, you will have to check and test the different features, icons that have changed. You may also want to go to profile settings,since many of the notifications, information in profile, also to update/edit your avatar by clicking on avatar space, pull down arrow next to login for user settings.

Edit to add "How to read forums, to make it easier."
Pull down arrow next to login name upper right select profile, or user settings when page opens to profile,select link in tab that says Account. Then select/choose options, go down to Conversation Detail Options, Select Display mode Posts, NOT Activity, that selection of Posts will make the pages of discussions go to last post on last page rather than out of order that happens if you choose activity threads. Then be sure to go to bottom and select SAVE Changes in your profile options. You can then follow discussions by going through the pages, to the last page having latest responses. Then click on the other links Privacy, Notifications, to select viewing options,the forums get easier if you open all the tabs or links in your profile, user settings and select options. To join Super Member, pull down arrow next to login name, select User Settings and then click on tab/link at top that says Subscriptions.

Thank you for your patience and God Bless.

Diane S
https://carm.org/forum-rules
See more
See less

Who is the false prophet?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Forgiven Child
    started a topic Who is the false prophet?

Who is the false prophet?

The false prophet must be someone that teaches either Jewish and/or Christian theology, they must also be contained in the pages of the Bible itself, and it must be possible for a person to understand that their teachings are false.

• mathias
    replied
    Originally posted by mathias View Post
    Matt 5:17-20 The Fulfillment of the Law
    "Do not think that I have come to abolish the Law or the Prophets; I have not come to abolish them but to fulfill them."

The passage doesn't say that you should be a self-righteous Pharisee, rather the righteousness required must surpass that of a self-righteous Pharisee in order for you to enter His kingdom.

Since they did not know the righteousness of God and sought to establish their own, they [stumbled]. For Christ is the fulfillment of the law so that there may be righteousness for everyone who believes. Rom 3
    Originally posted by DANNO View Post
    I did not claim to be a Pharisee. I am smarter than the Pharisees /and smarter than Paul the Pharisee !
    And even if our gospel is veiled, it is veiled to those who are perishing, in whose case the god of this world has blinded the minds of the unbelieving so that they might not see the light of the gospel of the glory of Christ, who is the image of God.
    Paul was NOT AWARE of YESHUA's words....
    Again, that was prior to his conversion:

"Now I am sending you, 18 to open their eyes so that they may turn from darkness to light and from the dominion of Satan to God, that they may receive forgiveness of sins and an inheritance among those who have been sanctified by faith in Me." Acts 26

PlzExplain what you mean Christ is the fulfilment of the law ? Plz give your understanding.
    The Son is the brightness of God's glory the very expression of divinity, sustaining all things by his powerful word. After he had provided purification for sins, he sat down at the right hand of the Majesty in heaven. [revealing His completed work].Heb 1

Leave a comment:

• DANNO
    replied
    "Do not think that I have come to abolish the Law or the Prophets; I have not come to abolish them but to fulfill them."

The passage doesn't say that you should be a self-righteous Pharisee, rather the righteousness required must surpass that of a self-righteous Pharisee in order for you to enter His kingdom.

Since they did not know the righteousness of God and sought to establish their own, they [stumbled]. For Christ is the fulfillment of the law so that there may be righteousness for everyone who believes. Rom 3
    Matthew 5:20
    20 "For I tell you that unless YOUR righteousness surpasses that of the Pharisees and the teachers of the law, you will CERTAINLY NOT enter the kingdom of heaven."

The above text does NOT say God's righteousness but OUR RIGHTEOUSNESS!! Do you agree?

Unless you are smarter than Paul the Pharisee you will be deceived and NOT enter the Kingdom of Heaven ! Do you agree? Yes or no

Leave a comment:

• DANNO
    replied

I did not claim to be a Pharisee. I am smarter than the Pharisees and smarter than Paul the Pharisee ! Paul was NOT AWARE of YESHUA's words in John 16: 13 , John 14: 16 ,, John 14: 26 . Do you AGREE Paul came on the SCENE AFTER YESHUA spoke those words and after YESHUA ascended to Heaven.? Yes or no ?

PlzExplain what you mean Christ is the fulfilment of the law ? Plz give your understanding.

Leave a comment:

• mathias
    replied
    Matt 5: 19-20 says OUR RIGHTEOUSNESS NOT YESHUA's / Jesus righteousness!

Do you believe the fake gospel that Jesus came to keep the commandments of God for you so that you are exempt from the commandments of God ?

Leave a comment:

• DANNO
    replied
    "When I say to the righteous that he shall surely live, [by faith] but he trusts in his own righteousness, [his own merits] and commits iniquity,
    none of his righteous works shall be remembered; but because of the iniquity that he has committed, he shall die." Ezek 33:13

"Listen to Me, you stubborn-hearted, Who are far from righteousness:
    I bring My righteousness near, it shall not be far off and my salvation will not be delayed." Isa 46:11-13

Then all your people will be righteous; They will possess the land forever,
    The branch of My planting,The work of My hands, That I may be glorified. Isa 60:20-22

Surely His salvation is near to those who [revere] Him, That glory [the manifest presence of God] may dwell in our land. Psalm 85:9
    Matt 5: 19-20 says OUR RIGHTEOUSNESS NOT YESHUA's / Jesus righteousness!

Do you believe the fake gospel that Jesus came to keep the commandments of God for you so that you are exempt from the commandments of God ?

Leave a comment:

• mathias
    replied
    Surely His salvation is near to those who [revere] Him, That glory [the manifest presence of God] may dwell in our land. Psalm 85:9
    Heal me, Lord, and I will be healed; save me and I will be saved, for You are the one I praise. Jer 17:13-14
    Originally posted by Forgiven Child View Post
    Meaning What? You Have Faith Healers?
    " I will heal them and reveal to them the abundance of peace and truth." Jer 33

Bless the Lord, O my soul,
    And forget none of His benefits; 3 Who pardons all your iniquities, Who heals all your diseases;
    4 Who redeems your life from the pit, Who crowns you with everlasting lovingkindness; Ps 103:2-4

As for man, his days are like grass; As a flower of the field, so he flourishes.
    16 When the wind has passed over it, it is no more, And its place acknowledges it no longer.
    17 But the lovingkindness of the Lord is from everlasting to everlasting on those who fear Him,
    And His righteousness to children's children,18 To those who keep His covenant; Ps 103:15-18
    Last edited by mathias; 05-29-19, 09:35 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Forgiven Child
    replied
    "When I say to the righteous that he shall surely live, [by faith] but he trusts in his own righteousness, [his own merits] and commits iniquity,
    none of his righteous works shall be remembered; but because of the iniquity that he has committed, he shall die." Ezek 33:13

I bring My righteousness near, it shall not be far off and my salvation will not be delayed." Isa 46:11-13

The branch of My planting,The work of My hands, That I may be glorified. Isa 60:20-22

Meaning What?
    You Have Faith Healers?

Leave a comment:

• mathias
    replied
    I like this one

"I will expose your righteousness and your works will not benefit you..." Isa 57:11-13

Of all you have ever posted to me, I like

Isa 57:11 And of whom hast thou been afraid or feared, that thou hast lied, and hast not remembered me, nor laid it to thy heart? have not I held my peace even of old, and thou fearest me not?
    Isa 57:12 I will declare thy righteousness, and thy works; for they shall not profit thee.
    Isa 57:13 When thou criest, let thy companies deliver thee; but the wind shall carry them all away; vanity shall take them: but he that putteth his trust in me shall possess the land, and shall inherit my holy mountain;

Many of my favorites are in the 50's of Isaiah.

Leave a comment:

• Forgiven Child
    replied

Believers don't have a problem, they have been granted the solution. By this we know that we abide in Him, and He in us, because He has given us of His Spirit.
    And we have seen and testify that the Father has sent the Son as Savior of the world.1 John 4:13-14

knowing that a man is not justified by the works of the law but by faith in Jesus Christ, even we have believed in Christ Jesus, that we might be justified by faith in Christ. Gal 2:16

"I will expose your righteousness and your works will not benefit you..." Isa 57:11-13

"But he who puts his trust in Me shall inherit My holy mountain." Isa 57:11-13
    I like this one

Isa 57:11 And of whom hast thou been afraid or feared, that thou hast lied, and hast not remembered me, nor laid it to thy heart? have not I held my peace even of old, and thou fearest me not?
    Isa 57:12 I will declare thy righteousness, and thy works; for they shall not profit thee.
    Isa 57:13 When thou criest, let thy companies deliver thee; but the wind shall carry them all away; vanity shall take them: but he that putteth his trust in me shall possess the land, and shall inherit my holy mountain;

Of all you have ever posted to me, I like

Many of my favorites are in the 50's of Isaiah.

Leave a comment:

• mathias
    replied
    No One Is made Righteous By Works Of The Flesh

They have turned away,and have together become unprofitable.
    The way of peace they do not know. Rom 3:9-20

Righteousness Through Faith
    But now apart from the law the righteousness of God has been made known, to which the Law and the Prophets testify.
    This righteousness is given through faith in Jesus Christ to all who believe. Rom 3:21-31
    You seem to have a problem addressing what is said.
    Believers don't have a problem, they have been granted the solution. By this we know that we abide in Him, and He in us, because He has given us of His Spirit.
    And we have seen and testify that the Father has sent the Son as Savior of the world.1 John 4:13-14
    I did not say Rom 3:10 As it is written, There is none righteous, no, not one:

That was Paul. Do you agree with Paul?
    knowing that a man is not justified by the works of the law but by faith in Jesus Christ, even we have believed in Christ Jesus, that we might be justified by faith in Christ. Gal 2:16
    Or do you agree with the Scriptures?
    Scripture says there are MANY Righteous,
    "But he who puts his trust in Me shall inherit My holy mountain." Isa 57:11-13
    Last edited by mathias; 05-26-19, 11:05 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Forgiven Child
    replied
    Turns out Jesus was Righteous, as are many others in the Scriptures.

Paul's
    Rom 3:10 As it is written, There is none righteous, no, not one:
    Does not stand the test of Scripture.

Is a LIE.

Leave a comment:

• Forgiven Child
    replied
    You seem to have a problem addressing what is said.

You have a problem with what has been SAID.

I did not say

That was Paul.

Do you agree with Paul?
    Or do you agree with the Scriptures?

Scripture says there are MANY Righteous, Least or greatest of these would be Jesus Himself.

Paul's

Is a LIE.

NO NOT ONE
    Even Jesus is not exempt from Paul's lie.

Leave a comment:

• mathias
    replied
    Originally posted by SDAchristian View Post
    AV Re 12:10 And I heard a loud voice saying in heaven, Now is come salvation, and strength, and the kingdom of our God, and the power of his Christ;
    SO you agree with Paul that

No One Is Righteous by works

They have turned away,and have together become unprofitable.

The way of peace they do not know. Rom 3:9-20

When the Scriptures says there are many righteous, ONE VERY SPECIFICALLY.
    Righteousness Through Faith
    But now apart from the law the righteousness of God has been made known, to which the Law and the Prophets testify.
    This righteousness is given through faith in Jesus Christ to all who believe. Rom 3:21-31

Leave a comment:

• Forgiven Child
    replied
    Originally posted by SDAchristian View Post
    AV Re 12:10 And I heard a loud voice saying in heaven, Now is come salvation, and strength, and the kingdom of our God, and the power of his Christ: for the accuser of our brethren is cast down, which accused them before our God day and night.

I see your accusation of "Paul" 'for every 1 lie', But where is your evidence ???

Yours in Christ, Michael
    SO you agree with Paul that

When the Scriptures says there are many righteous, ONE VERY SPECIFICALLY.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X