Announcement

Collapse

Message to all users:

https://carm.org/forum-rules

Super Member Subscription
https://carm.org/carm-super-members-banner-ad-signup

As most of you are aware, we had a crash to forums and were down for over two days a while back. We did have to do an upgrade to the vbulletin software to fix the forums and that has created changes, VB no longer provide the hybrid or threaded forums. There are some issues/changes to the forums we are not able to fix or change. Also note the link address change, please let friends and posters know of the changed link to the forums. For now this is the only link available, https://forums.carm.org/vb5/ but if clicking on forum on carm.org homepage it will now send you to this link. (edited to add https: now working.

Again, we are working through some of the posting and viewing issues to learn how to post with the changes, you will have to check and test the different features, icons that have changed. You may also want to go to profile settings,since many of the notifications, information in profile, also to update/edit your avatar by clicking on avatar space, pull down arrow next to login for user settings.

Edit to add "How to read forums, to make it easier."
Pull down arrow next to login name upper right select profile, or user settings when page opens to profile,select link in tab that says Account. Then select/choose options, go down to Conversation Detail Options, Select Display mode Posts, NOT Activity, that selection of Posts will make the pages of discussions go to last post on last page rather than out of order that happens if you choose activity threads. Then be sure to go to bottom and select SAVE Changes in your profile options. You can then follow discussions by going through the pages, to the last page having latest responses. Then click on the other links Privacy, Notifications, to select viewing options,the forums get easier if you open all the tabs or links in your profile, user settings and select options. To join Super Member, pull down arrow next to login name, select User Settings and then click on tab/link at top that says Subscriptions.

Thank you for your patience and God Bless.

Diane S
https://carm.org/forum-rules
See more
See less

How many times does Paul Quote Jesus?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SDAchristian View Post
    DUH !!! Do we need a apologetic discussion on "of Satan" ???

AV 2C 12:7-9 And lest I should be exalted above measure through the abundance of the revelations, there was given to me a thorn in the flesh, the messenger of Satan to buffet me, lest I should be exalted above measure. 8 For this thing I besought the Lord thrice, that it might depart from me. 9 And he said unto me, My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness. Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me.
    "Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmities"
    His infirmity was as you say Satan sent him a messenger, he says he will glorify in this infirmity.

Satan sent the Messenger, and GOD let satan do it. Read Job for a background on the struggle of what satan wants to do, and what GOD will let satan do.

Check question: Who are you going to blame, satan for sending or GOD for letting it happen ???

Yours in Christ, Michael
    But it is Paul's own words that "Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmities".
    Paul admits that he has Chosen his infirmity over the Christ.

Comment

AV 2C 12:7-9 And lest I should be exalted above measure through the abundance of the revelations, there was given to me a thorn in the flesh, the messenger of Satan to buffet me, lest I should be exalted above measure. 8 For this thing I besought the Lord thrice, that it might depart from me. 9 And he said unto me, My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness. Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me.
      Originally posted by A child of Christ View Post
      "Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmities"
      His infirmity was as you say Satan sent him a messenger, he says he will glorify in this infirmity.
      That is a mis-understanding.

"..., that the power of Christ may rest upon me.", You missed the power of Christ's grace.
      But it is Paul's own words that "Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmities".
      Paul admits that he has Chosen his infirmity over the Christ.
      That is a mis-understanding of Paul's choice, again.

"..., that the power of Christ may rest upon me.", You missed the power of Christ's grace.

My choice is to focus on "... the power of Christ may rest upon me."

Yours in Christ, Michael
      Choose please, either I am a Brother in Christ and I ask for Matthew 18:15-17 privileges, but if I am non-Christian to you, I ask for Matthew 5:44-48 in the attitude of Christ(Isaiah 53:7).
      If you have a question/challenge/charge, please post it, with cut-n-paste source, with reasoning to conclusion.
      Star of David(Rep Pt.), or Danger Ahead Caution(Report Post), or Apologetics(Reply with defense), Click as a Loving Christian. Your Choice...

Comment

AV 2C 12:7-9 And lest I should be exalted above measure through the abundance of the revelations, there was given to me a thorn in the flesh, the messenger of Satan to buffet me, lest I should be exalted above measure. 8 For this thing I besought the Lord thrice, that it might depart from me. 9 And he said unto me, My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness. Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me. That is a mis-understanding.

"..., that the power of Christ may rest upon me.", You missed the power of Christ's grace. That is a mis-understanding of Paul's choice, again.

My choice is to focus on "... the power of Christ may rest upon me."

Yours in Christ, Michael
        Explain to me how glorifying in his infirmity which you said was sent by the Satan will allow the power of Christ to rest upon him.

Comment

Explain to me how glorifying in his infirmity which you said was sent by the Satan will allow the power of Christ to rest upon him.
          AV Re 16:9 And men were scorched with great heat, and blasphemed the name of God, which hath power over these plagues: and they repented not to give him glory.

AV Ro 8:26-28 Likewise the Spirit also helpeth our infirmities: for we know not what we should pray for as we ought: but the Spirit itself maketh intercession for us with groanings which cannot be uttered. 27 And he that searcheth the hearts knoweth what [is] the mind of the Spirit, because he maketh intercession for the saints according to [the will of] God. 28 And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to [his] purpose.

AV Isa 27:5 Or let him take hold of my strength, [that] he may make peace with me; [and] he shall make peace with me.

It's like this, the Redeemed of the Earth, know how to ask GOD for help.

Check Question: Why are you not asking GOD for help to make peace ???

Yours in Christ, Michael
          Choose please, either I am a Brother in Christ and I ask for Matthew 18:15-17 privileges, but if I am non-Christian to you, I ask for Matthew 5:44-48 in the attitude of Christ(Isaiah 53:7).
          If you have a question/challenge/charge, please post it, with cut-n-paste source, with reasoning to conclusion.
          Star of David(Rep Pt.), or Danger Ahead Caution(Report Post), or Apologetics(Reply with defense), Click as a Loving Christian. Your Choice...

Comment

AV Re 16:9 And men were scorched with great heat, and blasphemed the name of God, which hath power over these plagues: and they repented not to give him glory.

AV Ro 8:26-28 Likewise the Spirit also helpeth our infirmities: for we know not what we should pray for as we ought: but the Spirit itself maketh intercession for us with groanings which cannot be uttered. 27 And he that searcheth the hearts knoweth what [is] the mind of the Spirit, because he maketh intercession for the saints according to [the will of] God. 28 And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to [his] purpose.

AV Isa 27:5 Or let him take hold of my strength, [that] he may make peace with me; [and] he shall make peace with me.

It's like this, the Redeemed of the Earth, know how to ask GOD for help.

Check Question: Why are you not asking GOD for help to make peace ???

Yours in Christ, Michael
            So you are saying you can not answer,

Comment

DUH !!! Do we need a apologetic discussion on "of Satan" ???

Satan sent the Messenger, and GOD let satan do it. Read Job for a background on the struggle of what satan wants to do, and what GOD will let satan do.

Check question: Who are you going to blame, satan for sending or GOD for letting it happen ???

Yours in Christ, Michael
              Paul died with the messenger of Satan within him! Unlike Job! Job was never given a messenger of Satan within him! Agree? Paul was possessed by an evil deceiving messenger of Satan , 2nd Cor 12: 7

Do you know why God did this to Paul ? Would you like to know? Or would you rather not know?

It is this deceiving spirit within Paul and within his writings that caused / Inspired many different denominations on our planet today!

Click here to see evidence > https://forums.carm.org/vb5/forum/th...y-in-full-flow

Do you agree Yeshua did NOT say He will send us another mortal human Apostle in John 16: 13 ,, John 14: 16 ,, John 14: 26

Did Paul FULFIL the requirements of John 5: 31 ? Did he produce a single witness from his companions ( Bounty hunters) to testify of Paul encounter in Acts 9 ? Can you name one witness of Paul's encounter when the voice spoke to Paul ? Just name one plz?

Comment

Paul, an apostle of Jesus Christ by the will of God, according to the promise of [eternal] life which is in Christ Jesus; 2 Timothy 1:1
                Originally posted by DANNO View Post
                Paul was possessed by an evil deceiving messenger of Satan , 2nd Cor 12: 7
                ...It is this deceiving spirit within Paul and within his writings that caused / Inspired many different denominations...
                Clearly they're not paying attention:
                Sectarianism Is Sin
                For no other foundation can anyone lay than that which is laid, which is Jesus Christ. 1 Corinthians 3:11
                Can you name one witness of Paul's encounter when the voice spoke to Paul ?
                There are many witnesses that God fulfilled His promise in Christ Jesus:

When the accusers stood up,...[they] questioned him about... a certain Jesus, who had died, whom Paul affirmed to be alive. Acts 25:19

The Amen, the Faithful and True Witness
                To whom He also presented Himself alive ... Acts 1:1-3

And with great power the apostles gave witness to the resurrection of the Lord Jesus. Acts 4:33

Paul, an apostle of Jesus Christ and God the Father who raised Him from the dead, 2 and all the brothers and sisters with me,
                Gal 1
                Do you agree Yeshua did NOT say He will send us another mortal human Apostle in John 16: 13 ,, John 14: 16 ,, John 14: 26
                You have tested those who say they are apostles and are not, and have found them liars; Revelation 2:2

But to the unbelieving nothing is pure; even their mind and conscience is defiled.
                They profess that they know God; ...but are reprobates unto every good work. (Titus 1:15-16)

Examine yourselves as to whether you are in the faith. Test yourselves. Do you not know yourselves, that Jesus Christ is in you?—unless indeed you are reprobates. 2 Corinthians 13:4-6

Comment

Originally posted by Forgiven Child View Post
                  The answer is ZERO.
                  So what is your point? Does Paul have to quote Jesus directly to be a prophet of God? Are Pauls writings approved of by God? I think yes. So I am not sure what you are driving at?

Comment

Originally posted by Greg Goodchild View Post
                    Originally posted by Forgiven Child
                    The answer is ZERO
                    So what is your point? Does Paul have to quote Jesus directly to be a prophet of God? Are Pauls writings approved of by God? I think yes. So I am not sure what you are driving at?
                    If anyone thinks himself to be a prophet or spiritual, let him acknowledge that the things which I write to you are the commandments of the Lord. 38 But if anyone is ignorant, let him be ignorant.
                    1 Cor 14

Comment

• Originally posted by mathias View Post
                      If anyone thinks himself to be a prophet or spiritual, let him acknowledge that the things which I write to you are the commandments of the Lord. 38 But if anyone is ignorant, let him be ignorant.
                      1 Cor 14
                      Didn't Ellen say things like that?
                      Life is a waterfall
                      we drink from the river
                      then we turn around and put up our walls....(SOAD)

Comment

• If anyone thinks himself to be a prophet or spiritual,...1 Cor 14
                        Originally posted by joyous song View Post
                        Didn't Ellen say things like that?
                        Even a broken clock is right twice a day.
                        The testimony of Jesus is the spirit of prophecy. Revelation 19:10

Surely the Lord God will do nothing, but he revealeth his secret unto his servants the prophets. Amos 3:7
                        God has communicated with men by His Spirit, and divine light has been imparted... by revelation- to His chosen servants.
                        "Holy men of God spake as they were moved by the Holy Spirit." 2 Peter 1:21....

The work of the Holy Spirit is distinctly specified in the words of Christ:
                        And when he is come, he will reprove the world of sin, and of righteousness, and of judgment: of sin, because they believe not on me. John 16:8, 9

Paul who had been a proud Pharisee, confident that he was justified by his good works, now [relied on] the merits of a crucified and risen Saviour.

Through the Spirit the believer becomes a partaker of the divine nature.

In order to serve Him aright, we must be born of the divine Spirit.
                        For such worshipers He is seeking. He receives them as His sons and daughters.

EGW, MLT - P 40-46
                        Last edited by mathias; 03-01-19, 12:08 AM.

Comment

If anyone thinks himself to be a prophet or spiritual,...1 Cor 14

Even a broken clock is right twice a day.

Paul testifying of "the things which I write "?

Surely the Lord God will do nothing, but he revealeth his secret unto his servants the prophets. Amos 3:7
                          God has communicated with men by His Spirit, and divine light has been imparted... by revelation- to His chosen servants.
                          "Holy men of God spake as they were moved by the Holy Spirit." 2 Peter 1:21....

The work of the Holy Spirit is distinctly specified in the words of Christ:
                          And when he is come, he will reprove the world of sin, and of righteousness, and of judgment: of sin, because they believe not on me. John 16:8, 9
                          And Paul wasn't the Holy Spirit .

Paul who had been a proud Pharisee, confident that he was justified by his good works, now [relied on] the merits of a crucified and risen Saviour.

Through the Spirit the believer becomes a partaker of the divine nature.

In order to serve Him aright, we must be born of the divine Spirit.
                          For such worshipers He is seeking. He receives them as His sons and daughters.

EGW, MLT - P 40-46
                          Life is a waterfall
                          we drink from the river

Comment

• The testimony of Jesus is the spirit of prophecy. Revelation 19:10
                            Paul testifying of "the things which I write "?
                            For the word of the Lord has sounded forth...your faith in God has become known everywhere...They tell how you turned to God from idols to serve the living and true God,
                            10 and to wait for his Son from heaven, whom he raised from the dead-Jesus, who rescues us from the coming wrath. 1 Thess 1:8-10
                            And Paul wasn't the Holy Spirit .
                            Thank you captain obvious.

God exalted him to his own right hand as Prince and Savior that he might bring Israel to repentance and forgive their sins. 32 We are witnesses of these things, and so is the Holy Spirit, whom God has freely given... Acts 5:31-33
                            Last edited by mathias; 03-02-19, 01:01 AM.

Comment

For the word of the Lord has sounded forth...your faith in God has become known everywhere...They tell how you turned to God from idols to serve the living and true God,
                              10 and to wait for his Son from heaven, whom he raised from the dead-Jesus, who rescues us from the coming wrath. 1 Thess 1:8-10
                              And you'll find some good stuff in Ellen's writings. You just quoted some. So what's your point?

What's your point in defending Paul?
                              What was his point in defending himself? Testifying to himself?

Do you acknowledge that what he wrote is commands of the Lord?

Women should keep quiet?

Thank you captain obvious.

God exalted him to his own right hand as Prince and Savior that he might bring Israel to repentance and forgive their sins. 32 We are witnesses of these things, and so is the Holy Spirit, whom God has freely given... Acts 5:31-33
                              Life is a waterfall
                              we drink from the river

Comment

• Originally posted by joyous song View Post
                                And you'll find some good stuff in Ellen's writings. You just quoted some. So what's your point?
                                For starters, Paul declares that there is only one gospel, (Gal 1:6-7) whereas EGW mixes it up like there is no tomorrow.
                                What's your point in defending Paul?
                                Since most believe that Acts was written by Luke, following Christ's death and resurrection, you might as well add him to your blacklist of false witnesses:

Acts 22
                                Then a certain Ananias, a devout man according to the law, having a good testimony with all the Jews who dwelt there, 13 came to me; and he stood and said to me, "Brother Saul, ...
                                "The God of our fathers has chosen you that you should know His will, and see the Just One, and hear the voice of His mouth. 15 For you will be His witness to all men of what you have seen and heard.
                                What was his point in defending himself?
                                By" defending himself," are you referring to his testimony in which he acknowledged having received revelation directly (Acts 22:6-11, Gal 1:12) from the source, the fountain of life?
                                Testifying to himself?
                                You must be confused. Paul was testifying to Jews, and also to Greeks, repentance toward God and faith toward our Lord Jesus Christ. (Acts 20:20-21)
                                Do you acknowledge that what he wrote is commands of the Lord?
                                All Scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness,...2 Tim 3:14-17
                                Women should keep quiet?
                                If it makes you sleep better at night, whitewashed wall males should also learn to keep quiet.
                                __________________________________________________ ___________________________________
                                The work of righteousness will be peace, And the effect of righteousness, quietness and assurance forever. Isaiah 32:17

Last edited by mathias; 03-02-19, 08:41 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X