Announcement

Collapse

Message to all users:

https://carm.org/forum-rules

Super Member Subscription
https://carm.org/carm-super-members-banner-ad-signup

As most of you are aware, we had a crash to forums and were down for over two days a while back. We did have to do an upgrade to the vbulletin software to fix the forums and that has created changes, VB no longer provide the hybrid or threaded forums. There are some issues/changes to the forums we are not able to fix or change. Also note the link address change, please let friends and posters know of the changed link to the forums. For now this is the only link available, https://forums.carm.org/vb5/ but if clicking on forum on carm.org homepage it will now send you to this link. (edited to add https: now working.

Again, we are working through some of the posting and viewing issues to learn how to post with the changes, you will have to check and test the different features, icons that have changed. You may also want to go to profile settings,since many of the notifications, information in profile, also to update/edit your avatar by clicking on avatar space, pull down arrow next to login for user settings.

Edit to add "How to read forums, to make it easier."
Pull down arrow next to login name upper right select profile, or user settings when page opens to profile,select link in tab that says Account. Then select/choose options, go down to Conversation Detail Options, Select Display mode Posts, NOT Activity, that selection of Posts will make the pages of discussions go to last post on last page rather than out of order that happens if you choose activity threads. Then be sure to go to bottom and select SAVE Changes in your profile options. You can then follow discussions by going through the pages, to the last page having latest responses. Then click on the other links Privacy, Notifications, to select viewing options,the forums get easier if you open all the tabs or links in your profile, user settings and select options. To join Super Member, pull down arrow next to login name, select User Settings and then click on tab/link at top that says Subscriptions.

Thank you for your patience and God Bless.

Diane S
https://carm.org/forum-rules
See more
See less

Question for Seventh Day Adventism

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question for Seventh Day Adventism

In Isaiah 38:17 why does the author fear what they call the pit of destruction?Because the only destruction that happens in the pit is the destruction of your body.

Originally posted by Batman lover View Post
    In Isaiah 38:17 why does the author fear what they call the pit of destruction?
    Short answer is: The Author is aware of self deception in over-stating their final rewards with GOD.
    Originally posted by Batman lover View Post
    Because the only destruction that happens in the pit is the destruction of your body.
    AV Mt 10:28 And fear not them which kill the body, but are not able to kill the soul: but rather fear him which is able to destroy both soul and body in hell.

Maybe you should examine this verse, and ask yourself more questions.

The other option is to accuse Jesus of not telling the truth between "kill the body" and "kill the soul". Please note your focus is on "body" apart from Jesus' other words, in context.

Check Question: "rather fear him", Who alone is able to "destroy both soul and body in hell" ???

Yours in Christ, Michael
    Choose please, either I am a Brother in Christ and I ask for Matthew 18:15-17 privileges, but if I am non-Christian to you, I ask for Matthew 5:44-48 in the attitude of Christ(Isaiah 53:7).
    If you have a question/challenge/charge, please post it, with cut-n-paste source, with reasoning to conclusion.
    Star of David(Rep Pt.), or Danger Ahead Caution(Report Post), or Apologetics(Reply with defense), Click as a Loving Christian. Your Choice...

Comment

Originally posted by SDAchristian View Post
      Short answer is: The Author is aware of self deception in over-stating their final rewards with GOD.AV Mt 10:28 And fear not them which kill the body, but are not able to kill the soul: but rather fear him which is able to destroy both soul and body in hell.

Maybe you should examine this verse, and ask yourself more questions.

The other option is to accuse Jesus of not telling the truth between "kill the body" and "kill the soul". Please note your focus is on "body" apart from Jesus' other words, in context.

Check Question: "rather fear him", Who alone is able to "destroy both soul and body in hell" ???

Yours in Christ, Michael
      Amen Michael.

Comment

Originally posted by Greg Goodchild View Post
        Amen Michael.
        Have you noticed the discussion stopped in it's tracks ???

I do not assume a stalled thread has been answer to the Truth of GOD until the time of GOD's judgement day.

Yours in Christ, Michael
        Choose please, either I am a Brother in Christ and I ask for Matthew 18:15-17 privileges, but if I am non-Christian to you, I ask for Matthew 5:44-48 in the attitude of Christ(Isaiah 53:7).
        If you have a question/challenge/charge, please post it, with cut-n-paste source, with reasoning to conclusion.
        Star of David(Rep Pt.), or Danger Ahead Caution(Report Post), or Apologetics(Reply with defense), Click as a Loving Christian. Your Choice...

Comment

He will be a spirit of justice to the one who sits in judgment, Isa 28:5-6
          Amen Michael.

I do not assume a stalled thread has been answer to the Truth of GOD until the time of GOD's judgement day.
          Good judgment wins favor, but the way of the unfaithful leads to their destruction. Proverbs 13:15

Comment

SDA’s don’t tell you honestly that their pet 3rd angels message is one of forever torment - which SDA sda teaching thoroughly denies.

Comment

Originally posted by Albur Tan View Post
              SDA’s don’t tell you honestly that their pet 3rd angels message is one of forever torment - which SDA sda teaching thoroughly denies.
              SDAs do not tell anyone that the third angels message speaks of forever torment because there is no such doctrine in the Bible. God does not give the wicked the gift of eternal life so that they can suffer. God is not like that at all.

Comment

Yours in Christ, Michael
                It was a good response on your part.

Comment

SDAs do not tell anyone that the third angels message speaks of forever torment because there is no such doctrine in the Bible. God does not give the wicked the gift of eternal life so that they can suffer. God is not like that at all.
                  Are you really saying that you don’t believe the words of the 3rd angel? - that the Bible doesn’t really mean what it says?

And the third angel followed them, saying with a loud voice, If any man worship the beast and his image, and receive his mark in his forehead, or in his hand, The same shall drink of the wine of the wrath of God, which is poured out without mixture into the cup of his indignation; and he shall be tormented with fire and brimstone in the presence of the holy angels, and in the presence of the Lamb: And the smoke of their torment ascendeth up for ever and ever: and they have no rest day nor night, who worship the beast and his image, and whosoever receiveth the mark of his name.
                  Revelation 14:9-11

Comment

Are you really saying that you don’t believe the words of the 3rd angel? - that the Bible doesn’t really mean what it says?
                    And the third angel followed them, saying with a loud voice, If any man worship the beast and his image, and receive his mark in his forehead, or in his hand, The same shall drink of the wine of the wrath of God, which is poured out without mixture into the cup of his indignation; and he shall be tormented with fire and brimstone in the presence of the holy angels, and in the presence of the Lamb: And the smoke of their torment ascendeth up for ever and ever: and they have no rest day nor night, who worship the beast and his image, and whosoever receiveth the mark of his name.
                    Revelation 14:9-11
                    The verbal logic you infer here is not the best.

First clause: "and he shall be tormented with fire and brimstone in the presence of the holy angels, " is true by itself.
                    Second clause: "and in the presence of the Lamb: " is true by itself.
                    Third clause: "And the smoke of their torment ascendeth up for ever and ever: " is true by itself.
                    Fourth clause: "and they have no rest day nor night" is true by itself.

You assume that all four clauses co-exist in the same moment of time, to your understanding of what each clause means.
                    GOD is Omnipresent in time past and time current and time everlasting.

AV Jn 5:28-28 Marvel not at this: for the hour is coming, in the which all that are in the graves shall hear his voice, 29 And shall come forth; they that have done good, unto the resurrection of life; and they that have done evil, unto the resurrection of damnation.

First clause: "And shall come forth; they that have done good, unto the resurrection of life; " is true by itself.
                    Second clause: "and they that have done evil, unto the resurrection of damnation." is true by itself.

Using your assumption, both of these clauses are concurrent to the Truth uttered by Jesus. See my point about moment of time ???

AV Ro 3:4 God forbid: yea, let God be true, but every man a liar; as it is written, That thou mightest be justified in thy sayings, and mightest overcome when thou art judged.

There is a thousand years between those clauses of Jesus' words. Your understanding can not make Jesus lie.

Yours in Christ, Michael

Comment

I see your accusation, where is the evidence to support your accusation from official published doctrine of the Adventist Church ???

This is your usual style of apologetics, of accusations without evidence, in stated opinions. Evidence noted above. <<< I said it first, there is no need to copy/parroting my words back to me, as an accusation without evidence.

Yours in Christ, Michael

Comment

I see your accusation, where is the evidence to support your accusation from official published doctrine of the Adventist Church ???

This is your usual style of apologetics, of accusations without evidence, in stated opinions. Evidence noted above. <<< I said it first, there is no need to copy/parroting my words back to me, as an accusation without evidence.
                        AWE.... isn’t the 3 Angels messages your keystone message of the SDA - and in particular the 3rd angel?

Tell, us Michael - What are the words of the COMPLETE 3rd angels message.

Comment

Tell us, Michael - Do SDA’s teach the COMPLETE 3rd angels message or do they only teach part of it?

Comment

AWE.... isn’t the 3 Angels messages your keystone message of the SDA - and in particular the 3rd angel?
                            Yes, in GOD's understanding not man's.
                            Tell us, Michael - Do SDA’s teach the COMPLETE 3rd angels message or do they only teach part of it?
                            All, according to GOD's understanding.
                            Tell, us Michael - What are the words of the COMPLETE 3rd angels message.
                            AV Re 14:9-12 And the third angel followed them, saying with a loud voice, If any man worship the beast and his image, and receive [his] mark in his forehead, or in his hand, 10 The same shall drink of the wine of the wrath of God, which is poured out without mixture into the cup of his indignation; and he shall be tormented with fire and brimstone in the presence of the holy angels, and in the presence of the Lamb: 11 And the smoke of their torment ascendeth up for ever and ever: and they have no rest day nor night, who worship the beast and his image, and whosoever receiveth the mark of his name. 12 Here is the patience of the saints: here [are] they that keep the commandments of God, and the faith of Jesus.

I include verse 12 in the Third Angel's message. Verse 13, offers a break in textual evidence.

"Here" is a reference to what then ???

I offer you "Here" is a contrast to "If any man worship ...", those that follow GOD and those that do not follow GOD.

Yours in Christ, Michael

Comment

Yes, in GOD's understanding not man's. All, according to GOD's understanding. AV Re 14:9-12 And the third angel followed them, saying with a loud voice, If any man worship the beast and his image, and receive [his] mark in his forehead, or in his hand, 10 The same shall drink of the wine of the wrath of God, which is poured out without mixture into the cup of his indignation; and he shall be tormented with fire and brimstone in the presence of the holy angels, and in the presence of the Lamb: 11 And the smoke of their torment ascendeth up for ever and ever: and they have no rest day nor night, who worship the beast and his image, and whosoever receiveth the mark of his name. 12 Here is the patience of the saints: here [are] they that keep the commandments of God, and the faith of Jesus.

I include verse 12 in the Third Angel's message. Verse 13, offers a break in textual evidence.

"Here" is a reference to what then ???

I offer you "Here" is a contrast to "If any man worship ...", those that follow GOD and those that do not follow GOD.
                              SO prove to us that you actually have God’s understanding - seeing as sda’s skip the part about everlasting torment.

Comment

Working...
                              X