Announcement

Collapse

Message to all users:

https://carm.org/forum-rules

Super Member Subscription
https://carm.org/carm-super-members-banner-ad-signup

As most of you are aware, we had a crash to forums and were down for over two days a while back. We did have to do an upgrade to the vbulletin software to fix the forums and that has created changes, VB no longer provide the hybrid or threaded forums. There are some issues/changes to the forums we are not able to fix or change. Also note the link address change, please let friends and posters know of the changed link to the forums. For now this is the only link available, https://forums.carm.org/vb5/ but if clicking on forum on carm.org homepage it will now send you to this link. (edited to add https: now working.

Again, we are working through some of the posting and viewing issues to learn how to post with the changes, you will have to check and test the different features, icons that have changed. You may also want to go to profile settings,since many of the notifications, information in profile, also to update/edit your avatar by clicking on avatar space, pull down arrow next to login for user settings.

Edit to add "How to read forums, to make it easier."
Pull down arrow next to login name upper right select profile, or user settings when page opens to profile,select link in tab that says Account. Then select/choose options, go down to Conversation Detail Options, Select Display mode Posts, NOT Activity, that selection of Posts will make the pages of discussions go to last post on last page rather than out of order that happens if you choose activity threads. Then be sure to go to bottom and select SAVE Changes in your profile options. You can then follow discussions by going through the pages, to the last page having latest responses. Then click on the other links Privacy, Notifications, to select viewing options,the forums get easier if you open all the tabs or links in your profile, user settings and select options. To join Super Member, pull down arrow next to login name, select User Settings and then click on tab/link at top that says Subscriptions.

Thank you for your patience and God Bless.

Diane S
https://carm.org/forum-rules
See more
See less

Questions for a mason

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Questions for a mason

Let's try a unique approach too this discussion.

One person at a time, one question at a time. Any person that has a legitimate question about Freemasonry, feel free to ask. I'll answer with straight up honesty. The other masons on this board don't know me from Adam. Seriously, I face no penalties from anyone.

I am a 50+ yr old 33rd degree mason that belongs to 2 home lodges. One in Oklahoma and the other in Kansas. Was raised as a mason at 22 yrs old. Became a Shriner at 27. Have held many offices in both groups over the years. Served in politics on the state level in Oklahoma and locally in Kansas.

Served my home church in many capacities over the years. Have owned and operated numerous businesses over the years.

So ask away, but be aware. I will be brutally honest.

Originally posted by SimpleMan View Post
    Let's try a unique approach too this discussion.

One person at a time, one question at a time. Any person that has a legitimate question about Freemasonry, feel free to ask. I'll answer with straight up honesty. The other masons on this board don't know me from Adam. Seriously, I face no penalties from anyone.

I am a 50+ yr old 33rd degree mason that belongs to 2 home lodges. One in Oklahoma and the other in Kansas. Was raised as a mason at 22 yrs old. Became a Shriner at 27. Have held many offices in both groups over the years. Served in politics on the state level in Oklahoma and locally in Kansas.

Served my home church in many capacities over the years. Have owned and operated numerous businesses over the years.

So ask away, but be aware. I will be brutally honest.
    I asked this question and one Masonic apologist Ignored it.......will you answer it ?

do all masons in all lodges worship the Same God..........Just wondering.
    No conviction,No conversion
    John 16:8
    And when he is come, he will reprove the world of sin, and of righteousness, and of judgment:

Comment

Originally posted by Bigboy View Post

I asked this question and one Masonic apologist Ignored it.......will you answer it ?

do all masons in all lodges worship the Same God..........Just wondering.
      I'm not a masonic apologist, I am a mason. Please refrain in this thread from using terms that can be derogatory in nature.

It's impossible for me to answer that question. I don't know every mason.

I can tell you that every mason in both of my home lodges are Christians as it's a requirement of membership.

Also very well known that the standards for most Masonic lodges only require that you believe in a supreme being, and that you can not be an atheist.

Most antimasons will use this to say that we allow satan worshippers and the sort. What they miss is that when we investigate a potential mason, most will enquire as to where they worship, and with whom. That way we can vet out those that are not Christians.

Not all lodges investigate the same. Can members of other religions become masons? Certainly. Since religion and politics are not allowed as topics of discussion in the vast majority of lodges, their particular faith has no bearing.

Comment

I'm not a masonic apologist, I am a mason. Please refrain in this thread from using terms that can be derogatory in nature.

It's impossible for me to answer that question. I don't know every mason.

I can tell you that every mason in both of my home lodges are Christians as it's a requirement of membership.

Also very well known that the standards for most Masonic lodges only require that you believe in a supreme being, and that you can not be an atheist.

Most antimasons will use this to say that we allow satan worshippers and the sort. What they miss is that when we investigate a potential mason, most will enquire as to where they worship, and with whom. That way we can vet out those that are not Christians.

Not all lodges investigate the same. Can members of other religions become masons? Certainly. Since religion and politics are not allowed as topics of discussion in the vast majority of lodges, their particular faith has no bearing.
        That way we can vet out those that are not Christians.

Not all lodges investigate the same. Can members of other religions become masons? Certainly

That statement seems like double speak......how can you vet out yet allow other religions to become masons ?????

Why canít We conclude a Hindu or a Muslim lodge worships False gods ?

Its hard to know now how to address some people seems some Are touchy no matter how they are addressed.

And when he is come, he will reprove the world of sin, and of righteousness, and of judgment:

Comment

That statement seems like double speak......how can you vet out yet allow other religions to become masons ?????

Why can’t We conclude a Hindu or a Muslim lodge worships False gods ?

Its hard to know now how to address some people seems some Are touchy no matter how they are addressed.

Every lodges conducts their investigations differently. We place a priority on being a Christian. Not all lodges do.

I'm quite sure there are men of different religions in Freemasonry. In fact i know there are. I also know my lodge won't admit one.

It's also not my place in the world to tell anyone that what they believe is false. Thats what evangelical/fundies do.

Comment

Every lodges conducts their investigations differently. We place a priority on being a Christian. Not all lodges do.

I'm quite sure there are men of different religions in Freemasonry. In fact i know there are. I also know my lodge won't admit one.

It's also not my place in the world to tell anyone that what they believe is false. Thats what evangelical/fundies do.
            Why canít We conclude a Hindu or a Muslim lodge worships False gods ?

Comment

Why can’t We conclude a Hindu or a Muslim lodge worships False gods ?
              Never heard of such a lodge. That and we don't worship in lodge.

Comment

Never heard of such a lodge. That and we don't worship in lodge.
                Come on Simple be honest or get educated.......ok ?

The link shows the temple in Washington D. C. With the Koran among others on the altar.

on the 23rd March 1973, the High Court of Casablanca, after a long court procedure, had given the verdict that Freemasonry was compatible with Islam. This verdict has been published in Tesviye No. 5 both in Turkish and in its official French translation.

So, what if youíre not Christian? What if youíre a Jew, or Muslim, or anything else? Well, fear not, for Freemasonry has it covered. You may swear your oath on any Holy Book of your choosing.How I wish Iíd known that when I joined! Unfortunately, itís not something readily advertised, and in many cases, you may have to supply your own. In areas/Lodges where a religion other than Christianity is dominant, they may have a different holy book as ďdefaultĒ, or may even present a different holy book to the new member.

If you are ever able to make your way to the House of the Temple in Washington D.C., which is the headquarters of the Southern Jurisdiction of Scottish Rite; and you went into the Lodge room, this is what you would see on their altar.

Thatís the Holy Bible, the Jewish Tanakh, the Muslum Quíran, and the Hindu Bhagavad Gita. And people try to say Freemasonry is a Christian organization!

https://themasonslady.com/tag/masonic-muslim/

Simple why wonít you say they are bowing to a false god in the muslim and Hindu lodges ???? Are those gods false and pagan ??

Comment

That and we don't worship in lodge.
                  Lodges have altars !

What are altars used for ...............altars are ALWAYS used for worship of a deity.............thats what I have been taught.......are you going to teach me something different ?????

Comment

Come on Simple be honest or get educated.......ok ?

The link shows the temple in Washington D. C. With the Koran among others on the altar.

on the 23rd March 1973, the High Court of Casablanca, after a long court procedure, had given the verdict that Freemasonry was compatible with Islam. This verdict has been published in Tesviye No. 5 both in Turkish and in its official French translation.

So, what if you’re not Christian? What if you’re a Jew, or Muslim, or anything else? Well, fear not, for Freemasonry has it covered. You may swear your oath on any Holy Book of your choosing.How I wish I’d known that when I joined! Unfortunately, it’s not something readily advertised, and in many cases, you may have to supply your own. In areas/Lodges where a religion other than Christianity is dominant, they may have a different holy book as “default”, or may even present a different holy book to the new member.

If you are ever able to make your way to the House of the Temple in Washington D.C., which is the headquarters of the Southern Jurisdiction of Scottish Rite; and you went into the Lodge room, this is what you would see on their altar.

That’s the Holy Bible, the Jewish Tanakh, the Muslum Qu’ran, and the Hindu Bhagavad Gita. And people try to say Freemasonry is a Christian organization!

https://themasonslady.com/tag/masonic-muslim/

Simple why won’t you say they are bowing to a false god in the muslim and Hindu lodges ???? Are those gods false and pagan ??

Don't assume to educate me on a subject that I'm well versed in. My attempts are to educate those of you that do not know the truths about Freemasonry.

I can't say who the Hindus and muslims bow to in lodge as I've never sat in a lodge that had any book other than the Holy Bible. I sat in a lodge in Israel, in Spain, and they used my book of worship while i was there.

I've been to DC and have visited lodges there. Keep in mind that the Scottish Rite is an appendant body of Freemasonry. It is not Freemasonry as most know it. Freemasonry is made up of 3 degrees, commonly known as the Blue Lodge. Therefore the link isn't about Freemasonry.

Comment

Lodges have altars !

What are altars used for ...............altars are ALWAYS used for worship of a deity.............thats what I have been taught.......are you going to teach me something different ?????

If you can't remain civil, I'm done. I'm here to answer questions, not be ridiculed by someone that does not have as much knowledge on the subject as I do.

Please read the entire link I'm providing you.

https://www.google.com/amp/freemason...nic-altar/amp/

Comment

If you can't remain civil, I'm done. I'm here to answer questions, not be ridiculed by someone that does not have as much knowledge on the subject as I do.

There was NOTHING Uncivil in my post !!

You weíre NOT ridiculed in my post !!!

Report me .

I will read your link.

Comment

There was NOTHING Uncivil in my post !!

You we’re NOT ridiculed in my post !!!

Report me .

I will read your link.
                          Bigboy, it is ludicrous of any knowledgeable Freemason to attempt to claim there is no worship in Masonic lodges. That is utter nonsense. Prayer is a form of worship. At least, that is what Christians say. However, it might well be that for edit particularly those claiming to be Christian Masons, that prayer is nothing more than a few words some ritualist has thrown together which actually have no meaning at all.

The truth about the importance, or lack of importance the Holy Bible actually has in a Masonic lodgeroom is summed up in Mackey's "Landmark Twenty-First": "LANDMARK TWENTY-FIRST It is a Landmark, that a "Book of the Law" shall constitute an indispensable part of the furniture of every Lodge.. . . The Landmark, therefore, requires that a |"|Book of the Law,|"| a religious code of some kind, purporting to be an exemplar of the revealed will of God, shall form an essential part of the furniture of every Lodge."

Honest Masons will readily admit that the Holy Bible is only a representation of all "holy books". However, dishonest antichristians will try to claim otherwise.
                          Last edited by CARM Admin; 06-15-18, 06:45 PM. Reason: alert/leave out personal comments or referring to persons on the forum as "antichristian"....Use General comments about anti christians

Comment

Ok Simpleman I read every word of YOUR article.

It says the same thing about the altar I said........ and it even affirms something YOU deny :

“From facts and hints such as these we begin to see the meaning of the Altar in Masonry, and the reason for its position in the Lodge.
                            Alike by its existence and its situation it identifies Masonry as a religious institution.”

So masonary as defined by YOUR site is identified as a RELIGIOUS INSTITUTION !

So so tell us Simpleman.........Why do you deny masonary is a religion ?
                            Last edited by Bigboy; 06-15-18, 03:36 PM.

Comment

Ok Simpleman I read every word of YOUR article.

It says the same thing about the altar I said........ and it even affirms something YOU deny :

“From facts and hints such as these we begin to see the meaning of the Altar in Masonry, and the reason for its position in the Lodge.
                              Alike by its existence and its situation it identifies Masonry as a religious institution.”

So masonary as defined by YOUR site is identified as a RELIGIOUS INSTITUTION !

So so tell us Simpleman.........Why do you deny masonary is a religion ?
                              If that's all you got from that link you didn't spend much time reading it. Either that or you didn't understand what you were reading.

Comment

Working...
                              X