"Secret" Masonic books online

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Secret" Masonic books online

NOTE: I have been recently accused of not providing "a full quote" of Albert Pike's Morals & Dogma by an antimason. This rectifies that, although it isn't "a full quote". Although the sheer lunacy of demanding that a poster reproduce on this forum over 800 pages of small print, densely packed, large format book should show the thought processes of the followers of antimasonry given the historical pattern they use for their "teachings".

For decades and decades, antimason (both those that claim to be Christian and those that don't, but mostly the former) have make faked claims based on mythical "secret books" of Freemasonry, often quoting them as something having the same authority as the Bible (I'll skip past the potential unorthodox teaching at this time).

I call them mythical, because the books fall into several categories:
    1) Frauds, forgeries and scams written by antimasons for the usual reasons
    2) Items from organizations not recognized by regular Freemasonry (and often will get you tossed out of regular Freemasonry if it is found you joined one of them)
    3) They are freely available for purchase or borrowing from public libraries. Many times (if one doesn't show their arse), they can be read at reading rooms at Masonic buildings, but that depends on availability.
    4) Or a simple web search from a decade or more ago will produce the website I provide links to below.

Masonic Books Online

Specific Link to Morals and Dogma by Albert Pike (a real favorite to quote out of context among antimasons, when they aren't altering the quotes or quoting the Taxil hoax documents)

I'd post more except that there is a limit to how many links I can put in a thread.

If you want to see the biggest flaw in the antimason's claims about Pike, go to the second link, then click on "Preface" and read the last paragraph where Pike specifically says that Morals & Dogma is not religious, limits itself to human reason, precisely defines the word "dogma" as used in the title, states that the book is NOT AUTHORITATIVE and anyone is free to disagree with what Pike has written.

For those that are curious, I put this in a quote since it is somewhat OT. A rough translation of the Latin sentence at the end would be:

Teachings over time grow and decay, different norms or prior (ideas) conflicting again and then mature.

This is true, which makes it very interesting that antimasons love to use these old 19th century sources as "proofs" (despite the sources stating that they are NOT) and redefining the vocabulary and grammar to be modern and not in line with the usage at the time.
    That totally is against the meme being pushed by the antimasons who claim to be Christian and given the known and demonstrated "teaching" style, I've actually had an antimason call me "irrational" for dismissing Pike as not being authoritative.

BIG HINT: When an author says his work is not authoritative, then his work is NOT AUTHORITATIVE.

Of course, the obvious proof this demonstrates about who is rational about this and who isn't will be left to the reader to conclude.

I will note that it also shows a lack of character on one side of this discussion.

For those that need a modern and current example, look at how the Covington high school kids are being abused by the "progressive" media, who still have admitted no wrongdoing, are still attacking and are blaming those that pointed out they had pushed out fake news for "attacking" the media.
    An open mind is a good thing.
    Ensure that you don't open your mind so far that your brain falls out.

Hmm my copy donít say that.....it does say this :

Pike is best known for his major work, Morals and Dogma of the Ancient and Accepted Scottish Rite of Freemasonry, published in 1871. Morals and Dogma should not be confused with Pike's revision of the Scottish Rite ritual. They are separate works. Walter Lee Brown writes that Pike "intended it [Morals and Dogma] to be a supplement to that great 'connected system of moral, religious and philosophical instruction' that he had developed in his revision of the Scottish ritual."
    No conviction,No conversion
    John 16:8
    And when he is come, he will reprove the world of sin, and of righteousness, and of judgment:

Comment

Originally posted by Bigboy View Post
      Hmm my copy don’t say that.....it does say this :

Pike is best known for his major work, Morals and Dogma of the Ancient and Accepted Scottish Rite of Freemasonry, published in 1871. Morals and Dogma should not be confused with Pike's revision of the Scottish Rite ritual. They are separate works. Walter Lee Brown writes that Pike "intended it [Morals and Dogma] to be a supplement to that great 'connected system of moral, religious and philosophical instruction' that he had developed in his revision of the Scottish ritual."
      Then you don't have a copy of Morals & Dogma, it is right there in the preface. Perhaps you have some other book. Or you have a pirate copy. Oh, wait, maybe you have one of the condensed versions that the Scottish Rite put out several decades ago, which means you aren't quoting Pike, you are quoting an extremely cut down version. As in a "Cliff Notes" type of cut down. In which case, the author is not Pike and like I disagreed with some of Pike's conclusions in Morals & Dogma, I also disagree with the interpretation of parts of the condensed version.

It is fairly obvious you haven't actually read a copy of Morals & Dogma, otherwise you wouldn't be making up silly objections.

Flawed as it is for several reasons, Morals & Dogma is a wide ranging encyclopedic work that includes discussion of philosophy, morals and religion. You could say it was a try at a comparative religions study in a way.

NOTE: You still fail to prove that is an authoritative book for regular Freemasonry. Which makes all objections based on Morals & Dogma (or any other book written by a Mason) totally useless as a "proof" for antimasonry that claims to be Christian.
      An open mind is a good thing.
      Ensure that you don't open your mind so far that your brain falls out.

Comment

Working...
      X