Announcement

Collapse

Message to all users:

https://carm.org/forum-rules

Super Member Subscription
https://carm.org/carm-super-members-banner-ad-signup

As most of you are aware, we had a crash to forums and were down for over two days a while back. We did have to do an upgrade to the vbulletin software to fix the forums and that has created changes, VB no longer provide the hybrid or threaded forums. There are some issues/changes to the forums we are not able to fix or change. Also note the link address change, please let friends and posters know of the changed link to the forums. For now this is the only link available, https://forums.carm.org/vb5/ but if clicking on forum on carm.org homepage it will now send you to this link. (edited to add https: now working.

Again, we are working through some of the posting and viewing issues to learn how to post with the changes, you will have to check and test the different features, icons that have changed. You may also want to go to profile settings,since many of the notifications, information in profile, also to update/edit your avatar by clicking on avatar space, pull down arrow next to login for user settings.

Edit to add "How to read forums, to make it easier."
Pull down arrow next to login name upper right select profile, or user settings when page opens to profile,select link in tab that says Account. Then select/choose options, go down to Conversation Detail Options, Select Display mode Posts, NOT Activity, that selection of Posts will make the pages of discussions go to last post on last page rather than out of order that happens if you choose activity threads. Then be sure to go to bottom and select SAVE Changes in your profile options. You can then follow discussions by going through the pages, to the last page having latest responses. Then click on the other links Privacy, Notifications, to select viewing options,the forums get easier if you open all the tabs or links in your profile, user settings and select options. To join Super Member, pull down arrow next to login name, select User Settings and then click on tab/link at top that says Subscriptions.

Thank you for your patience and God Bless.

Diane S
https://carm.org/forum-rules
See more
See less

Giving a warning

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jake1254 View Post

That's a commonality in most false religious groups in that they believe Christ's sacrifice was insufficient and they must make up for it. In their heart of hearts they must know they can never do it.
    Well, insufficient at least for their followers but not so for the men in charge of them.
    Romans 10:1 Brethren, my heart’s desire and my prayer to God for them is for their salvation. 2 For I testify about them that they have a zeal for God, but not in accordance with knowledge. 3 For not knowing about God’s righteousness and seeking to establish their own, they did not subject themselves to the righteousness of God. 4 For Christ is the end of the law for righteousness to everyone who believes.

Comment

If I were a JW I don't think I would ever sleep peacefully again. In fact, I would probably have a nervous breakdown worrying if I am going to eventually be cast into the lake of fire.

How can they worship a God like this?
      "The Lake of Fire"
      Hirsch means “deer” or “stag” in Yiddish. It is the root of many Ashkenazic last names including Hart, and Hartman. It is the Yiddish translation of the Hebrew word for gazelle — tsvi. The gazelle was the symbol of the tribe of Naphtali.

Comment

Originally posted by Peter Hart View Post

"The Lake of Fire"
        Triple digits here and Margaritas waiting for me at pool side.
        Romans 10:1 Brethren, my heart’s desire and my prayer to God for them is for their salvation. 2 For I testify about them that they have a zeal for God, but not in accordance with knowledge. 3 For not knowing about God’s righteousness and seeking to establish their own, they did not subject themselves to the righteousness of God. 4 For Christ is the end of the law for righteousness to everyone who believes.

Comment

Originally posted by HollyWood View Post

Cool and rainy here. I sure could use a margarita...

Comment

Cool and rainy here. I sure could use a margarita...
            We can sure use that cool and rainy here.

Comment

Plural?? Be careful you might fall in the pool.
              Hirsch means “deer” or “stag” in Yiddish. It is the root of many Ashkenazic last names including Hart, and Hartman. It is the Yiddish translation of the Hebrew word for gazelle — tsvi. The gazelle was the symbol of the tribe of Naphtali.

Comment

Wow! Hotter than "The Lake of Fire". It was just 93.2 today in the Valley of Hinnom, where the fire used to be.

Comment

That's a commonality in most false religious groups in that they believe Christ's sacrifice was insufficient and they must make up for it. In their heart of hearts they must know they can never do it.
                  What the WTS does is say that the faith JWs have in Christ's sacrifice isn't enough for Jehovah to believe they'll never sin again even after they become perfect and that's why he never grants them immortality. Unlike the faith the 144K have in Christ's sacrifice which they say gives Jehovah the confidence to reinvent them as immortal spirits when they die. And they all buy this because they've accepted the lie that whatever their Org tells them must be coming from God because he chose them back in 1919 as his only channel of communication to mankind, which is putting the Org in place of the Holy Spirit.

John 14:6 says Jesus is the only way to the Father. The WT Org says their governing body is the only way to the Father, which is putting them in the place of Jesus.

Comment

What the WTS does is say that the faith JWs have in Christ's sacrifice isn't enough for Jehovah to believe they'll never sin again even after they become perfect and that's why he never grants them immortality. Unlike the faith the 144K have in Christ's sacrifice which they say gives Jehovah the confidence to reinvent them as immortal spirits when they die. And they all buy this because they've accepted the lie that whatever their Org tells them must be coming from God because he chose them back in 1919 as his only channel of communication to mankind, which is putting the Org in place of the Holy Spirit.

John 14:6 says Jesus is the only way to the Father. The WT Org says their governing body is the only way to the Father, which is putting them in the place of Jesus.
                    Too bad they do not understand that the spirit will live forever somewhere.Jesus taught it will either be heaven or hell. It cannot be annihilated.

Comment

Too bad they do not understand that the spirit will live forever somewhere.Jesus taught it will either be heaven or hell. It cannot be annihilated.
                      As long as they allow men to draw wrong conclusions for them from the Bible, and historic fact confirms that's what the WTS has been doing since its inception, they'll never see what the Bible really teaches. They'll keep trying to support whatever the men on the WTS governing body tell them believe, even when those conclusions keep changing, even when their arguments are wildly ridiculous and blasphemous, such as trying to say Jesus used falsehoods in his parables (especially Luke 16:22-31), and even when they're by those men that they are doomed to face life in paradise on earth always one sin away from annihilation in the lake of fire. As you've already seen on this thread, they think it's funny.

Comment

As long as they allow men to draw wrong conclusions for them from the Bible, and historic fact confirms that's what the WTS has been doing since its inception, they'll never see what the Bible really teaches. They'll keep trying to support whatever the men on the WTS governing body tell them believe, even when those conclusions keep changing, even when their arguments are wildly ridiculous and blasphemous, such as trying to say Jesus used falsehoods in his parables (especially Luke 16:22-31), and even when they're by those men that they are doomed to face life in paradise on earth always one sin away from annihilation in the lake of fire. As you've already seen on this thread, they think it's funny.
                        Bringing back

Comment

Working...
                        X