Announcement

Collapse

Message to all users:

https://carm.org/forum-rules

Super Member Subscription
https://carm.org/carm-super-members-banner-ad-signup

As most of you are aware, we had a crash to forums and were down for over two days a while back. We did have to do an upgrade to the vbulletin software to fix the forums and that has created changes, VB no longer provide the hybrid or threaded forums. There are some issues/changes to the forums we are not able to fix or change. Also note the link address change, please let friends and posters know of the changed link to the forums. For now this is the only link available, https://forums.carm.org/vb5/ but if clicking on forum on carm.org homepage it will now send you to this link. (edited to add https: now working.

Again, we are working through some of the posting and viewing issues to learn how to post with the changes, you will have to check and test the different features, icons that have changed. You may also want to go to profile settings,since many of the notifications, information in profile, also to update/edit your avatar by clicking on avatar space, pull down arrow next to login for user settings.

Edit to add "How to read forums, to make it easier."
Pull down arrow next to login name upper right select profile, or user settings when page opens to profile,select link in tab that says Account. Then select/choose options, go down to Conversation Detail Options, Select Display mode Posts, NOT Activity, that selection of Posts will make the pages of discussions go to last post on last page rather than out of order that happens if you choose activity threads. Then be sure to go to bottom and select SAVE Changes in your profile options. You can then follow discussions by going through the pages, to the last page having latest responses. Then click on the other links Privacy, Notifications, to select viewing options,the forums get easier if you open all the tabs or links in your profile, user settings and select options. To join Super Member, pull down arrow next to login name, select User Settings and then click on tab/link at top that says Subscriptions.

Thank you for your patience and God Bless.

Diane S
https://carm.org/forum-rules
See more
See less

What would you say to your family who is trapped in a cult

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What would you say to your family who is trapped in a cult

I was raised in the Jehovah's Witnesses. I left after becoming an adult. I stayed away from religion for many years. Then I became a Christian after being saved. I have family that is trapped in that cult. They have been indoctrinated by the false teachings of the watch tower bible and tract society over time and don't realize it. I want to help them leave. I know that Jesus can help them leave. I pray for them. I think that some of the ways I can help is to show the love of Christ and help them to self discover that what their in is not right. I've found that facts, truth and evidence may not work because their governing body which is the society has indoctrinated them so strongly they will accept a lie from them by refused to hear or use their mind when it comes to the truth. Its like talking to a stuffed animal. They are trained to ignore everything that I can say. The governing body has them thinking that everything is from Jehovah even though it is from them. The governing body has their loyalty based upon their love for Jehovah and the carrot of paradise. Nothing phases a lot of them like it should like the child abuse, the pedophiles, the molestation, the rape, the two witness rule, the wife abuse and so much more that is in that cult. A lot of them would drink the Kool-Aid if told to. Love, unity, consistency, promises and things like that drew them to that cult even though the love is conditional and the rest is based upon fear and control. And the lack of love, lack of unity, lack of consistency and things like that, they seen, drew them away from possibly coming to Christianity. I pray that my family and other Jehovah's witnesses wake up before they die and realize that the "Truth"(what Jehovah's Witnesses call their organization) is in a lot of ways a lie. And accept the real Jesus Christ as Lord, Savior and the God. The problem with the truth verses a lie, is they will not listen to the actual truth. The governing body has them controlled where as they think listening or looking at anything but Jehovah's witnesses material is of the devil or from apostates. The governing body is lying either intentionally or they don't know either. If a witnesses is reading this, please consider things out side the Jehovah's witnesses...... What would you do to help save people in your family?

Originally posted by tamashi00 View Post
    I was raised in the Jehovah's Witnesses. I left after becoming an adult. I stayed away from religion for many years. Then I became a Christian after being saved. I have family that is trapped in that cult. They have been indoctrinated by the false teachings of the watch tower bible and tract society over time and don't realize it. I want to help them leave. I know that Jesus can help them leave. I pray for them. I think that some of the ways I can help is to show the love of Christ and help them to self discover that what their in is not right. I've found that facts, truth and evidence may not work because their governing body which is the society has indoctrinated them so strongly they will accept a lie from them by refused to hear or use their mind when it comes to the truth. Its like talking to a stuffed animal. They are trained to ignore everything that I can say. The governing body has them thinking that everything is from Jehovah even though it is from them. The governing body has their loyalty based upon their love for Jehovah and the carrot of paradise. Nothing phases a lot of them like it should like the child abuse, the pedophiles, the molestation, the rape, the two witness rule, the wife abuse and so much more that is in that cult. A lot of them would drink the Kool-Aid if told to. Love, unity, consistency, promises and things like that drew them to that cult even though the love is conditional and the rest is based upon fear and control. And the lack of love, lack of unity, lack of consistency and things like that, they seen, drew them away from possibly coming to Christianity. I pray that my family and other Jehovah's witnesses wake up before they die and realize that the "Truth"(what Jehovah's Witnesses call their organization) is in a lot of ways a lie. And accept the real Jesus Christ as Lord, Savior and the God. The problem with the truth verses a lie, is they will not listen to the actual truth. The governing body has them controlled where as they think listening or looking at anything but Jehovah's witnesses material is of the devil or from apostates. The governing body is lying either intentionally or they don't know either. If a witnesses is reading this, please consider things out side the Jehovah's witnesses...... What would you do to help save people in your family?
    What false teachings are you talking about? But there is nothing you can do as my mom for the last 52 or so years that I remember has been running around every day saying they who are not jws are paganists and they will all be dead real soon. If you try to tell her anything she gets hyper like some others say their moms do and it makes her keep on ranting about how much they know. I can not even text that it will be about ten years before I can retire because she answers that the world will not be here then when I plan on retiring.

Comment

Ask them help you in a Christian ministry event to help the poor like a soup kitchen.

Since, you were in that cult, do they set up Hospitals, run Soup Kitchens for the Poor or anything of that nature?

When they are visiting you have a dramatized bible play in the background.

Deuteronomy 6:4. Hear, O Israel: The LORD [Jehovah] your God [Elohim] is one LORD [Jehovah].

Comment

https://www.google.com/search?source...19.5I8NgDCIBIc

About the link, does anyone know if these people in the google search have ministries?
        Deuteronomy 6:4. Hear, O Israel: The LORD [Jehovah] your God [Elohim] is one LORD [Jehovah].

Comment

Originally posted by Daniel Marsh View Post

Ask them help you in a Christian ministry event to help the poor like a soup kitchen.

Since, you were in that cult, do they set up Hospitals, run Soup Kitchens for the Poor or anything of that nature?

When they are visiting you have a dramatized bible play in the background.
          They do no help the poor through soup kitchens and they do not set up hospitals. They normally only help people who are Jehovah's Witnesses to a certain point. They may help people who are associated(not baptized but show interest in JW to a certain point) with Jehovah's Witnesses to a certain point. The help they give to JW's or people associated is very limited.

Comment

How do you get by the facts? Israel served a single being God-YHVH(Jehovah) The teachings of Jesus prove he is not God. And the encyclopedias, share to all, the added pagan practices off the table of demons( 1Cor 10:21)--All the FACTS back the JW teachers.

Comment

Originally posted by kjw47 View Post

How do you get by the facts? Israel served a single being God-YHVH(Jehovah) The teachings of Jesus prove he is not God. And the encyclopedias, share to all, the added pagan practices off the table of demons( 1Cor 10:21)--All the FACTS back the JW teachers.
              I suggest when you read any scripture given to prove what is being said, that you read all the scriptures before it and after it up to a chapter or more until the thought changes. I suggest you go by the thought more so than the headings or sub headings in the bible. I also suggest you look up key words in the Hebrew and or greek to get the meaning that was originally given. This is if you are not already doing this. Its easy for someone to give one scripture and justify what there saying by that one scripture. Just some suggestions. Are you a Jehovah's Witness?

Comment

I suggest when you read any scripture given to prove what is being said, that you read all the scriptures before it and after it up to a chapter or more until the thought changes. I suggest you go by the thought more so than the headings or sub headings in the bible. I also suggest you look up key words in the Hebrew and or greek to get the meaning that was originally given. This is if you are not already doing this. Its easy for someone to give one scripture and justify what there saying by that one scripture. Just some suggestions. Are you a Jehovah's Witness?

I studied along time- religions, The OT-NT--facts of History, Facts of Israelite God worship history. All the facts point to the JW teachers being correct. Most fail to realize, when the protestants translated, no originals existed. Catholicism translating remained. Hebrew-OT. So ones eternal life depends on one knowing truth( John 4:22-24) God requires it. So eternal lives are on Catholicism translating, or JW translating. There are many proven errors in trinity translation. They teach 2 different Gods.

Comment

Originally posted by kjw47 View Post

I studied along time- religions, The OT-NT--facts of History, Facts of Israelite God worship history. All the facts point to the JW teachers being correct. Most fail to realize, when the protestants translated, no originals existed. Catholicism translating remained. Hebrew-OT. So ones eternal life depends on one knowing truth( John 4:22-24) God requires it. So eternal lives are on Catholicism translating, or JW translating. There are many proven errors in trinity translation. They teach 2 different Gods.
                  When exactly were the JW teachers correct?
                  Romans 10:1 Brethren, my heartís desire and my prayer to God for them is for their salvation. 2 For I testify about them that they have a zeal for God, but not in accordance with knowledge. 3 For not knowing about Godís righteousness and seeking to establish their own, they did not subject themselves to the righteousness of God. 4 For Christ is the end of the law for righteousness to everyone who believes.

Comment

"What would you say to your family who is trapped in a cult?"

I'd tell them to get to a Kingdom Hall...

Comment

Originally posted by Stupendousman! View Post
                      "What would you say to your family who is trapped in a cult?"

I'd tell them to get to a Kingdom Hall...
                      I see the JW answer is still the same.....come to the Kingdom Hall....come to the Watchtower, instead of come to Jesus.
                      Romans 10:1 Brethren, my heartís desire and my prayer to God for them is for their salvation. 2 For I testify about them that they have a zeal for God, but not in accordance with knowledge. 3 For not knowing about Godís righteousness and seeking to establish their own, they did not subject themselves to the righteousness of God. 4 For Christ is the end of the law for righteousness to everyone who believes.

Comment

Originally posted by HollyWood View Post

When exactly were the JW teachers correct?

They have made corrections to the 1750 years of false teachings as well as their own errors. That made this to be a bible truth-Daniel 12:4-- truth is now abundant.

Comment

Originally posted by HollyWood View Post

I see the JW answer is still the same.....come to the Kingdom Hall....come to the Watchtower, instead of come to Jesus.

Jesus appointed his teachers, here in these last days.(Matt 24:45)--Its Gods will for one to be taught by them, because Jesus is their head. Jesus is head of the congregation. All must be taught truth. And it works now as it did with the apostles--Luke 10:16) If one rejects those teachers, they reject God and Jesus as well.

Comment

Nope! Such teachers- or their claims- MUST be rejected if teaching something wrong.
                            Our Faith and Salvation is NOT based on them.

Comment

Originally posted by Stupendousman! View Post
                              Nope! Such teachers- or their claims- MUST be rejected if teaching something wrong.
                              Our Faith and Salvation is NOT based on them.
                              The WTS teaching is that your spiritual health and your relationship with God depend on them.

The Watchtower, July 15, 2013, pg. 20: “Jesus said he would use ‘the faithful and discreet slave’ to give ‘food at the proper time’ to his domestics. That faithful slave is the channel through which Jesus is feeding his true followers in this time of the end. It is vital that we recognize the faithful slave. Our spiritual health and our relationship with God depend on this channel.” http://wol.jw.org/en/wol/d/r1/lp-e/2013533

Or has this teaching by them been corrected?
                              Last edited by HollyWood; 09-04-18, 07:44 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X