Announcement

Collapse

Message to all users:

https://carm.org/forum-rules

Super Member Subscription
https://carm.org/carm-super-members-banner-ad-signup

As most of you are aware, we had a crash to forums and were down for over two days a while back. We did have to do an upgrade to the vbulletin software to fix the forums and that has created changes, VB no longer provide the hybrid or threaded forums. There are some issues/changes to the forums we are not able to fix or change. Also note the link address change, please let friends and posters know of the changed link to the forums. For now this is the only link available, https://forums.carm.org/vb5/ but if clicking on forum on carm.org homepage it will now send you to this link. (edited to add https: now working.

Again, we are working through some of the posting and viewing issues to learn how to post with the changes, you will have to check and test the different features, icons that have changed. You may also want to go to profile settings,since many of the notifications, information in profile, also to update/edit your avatar by clicking on avatar space, pull down arrow next to login for user settings.

Edit to add "How to read forums, to make it easier."
Pull down arrow next to login name upper right select profile, or user settings when page opens to profile,select link in tab that says Account. Then select/choose options, go down to Conversation Detail Options, Select Display mode Posts, NOT Activity, that selection of Posts will make the pages of discussions go to last post on last page rather than out of order that happens if you choose activity threads. Then be sure to go to bottom and select SAVE Changes in your profile options. You can then follow discussions by going through the pages, to the last page having latest responses. Then click on the other links Privacy, Notifications, to select viewing options,the forums get easier if you open all the tabs or links in your profile, user settings and select options. To join Super Member, pull down arrow next to login name, select User Settings and then click on tab/link at top that says Subscriptions.

Thank you for your patience and God Bless.

Diane S
https://carm.org/forum-rules
See more
See less

Is this a joke?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is this a joke?

I could hardly believe the WTS would print a book with the title "Will There Ever Be A World Without War?" (2018) And promote themselves as the shining example of those who lead the way to a world without war.

What's the problem? Well, the problem is that it's JWs themselves who teach that after a thousand years of studying WTS publications in a paradise earth, filled with nothing but peace and harmony, and everyone on earth becoming completely sin free by applying what those WTS publications say to do, until they are able to met Jehovah's standards physically, mentally, morally, and spiritually, a whole host of these perfected JWs will side with the devil and go out to war against other JWs. That's the problem. Even studying WTS publications for more than a thousand years (in some cases) there will be a number of them so large as to be uncountable that will go out to war against other JWs.

Of course, they say once they decide to go to war, they aren't JWs any more, but they know they can't say they were just pretending to be JWs because they also teach that if they had been, they would have been immediately annihilated during the thousand years.

Bottom line is even if every one on the earth were a JW, there will still be war, and it's the JWs who are teaching this!
    Romans 10:1 Brethren, my heart’s desire and my prayer to God for them is for their salvation. 2 For I testify about them that they have a zeal for God, but not in accordance with knowledge. 3 For not knowing about God’s righteousness and seeking to establish their own, they did not subject themselves to the righteousness of God. 4 For Christ is the end of the law for righteousness to everyone who believes.

Originally posted by HollyWood View Post
    I could hardly believe the WTS would print a book with the title "Will There Ever Be A World Without War?" (2018) And promote themselves as the shining example of those who lead the way to a world without war.

What's the problem? Well, the problem is that it's JWs themselves who teach that after a thousand years of studying WTS publications in a paradise earth, filled with nothing but peace and harmony, and everyone on earth becoming completely sin free by applying what those WTS publications say to do, until they are able to met Jehovah's standards physically, mentally, morally, and spiritually, a whole host of these perfected JWs will side with the devil and go out to war against other JWs. That's the problem. Even studying WTS publications for more than a thousand years (in some cases) there will be a number of them so large as to be uncountable that will go out to war against other JWs.

Of course, they say once they decide to go to war, they aren't JWs any more, but they know they can't say they were just pretending to be JWs because they also teach that if they had been, they would have been immediately annihilated during the thousand years.

Bottom line is even if every one on the earth were a JW, there will still be war, and it's the JWs who are teaching this!
    But since the "witnesses" know nothing of Biblical Salvation, and being Born again of the Holy Spirit, their silly eschatology isn't worth even bothering with.

Comment

Originally posted by Bob Carabbio View Post

But since the "witnesses" know nothing of Biblical Salvation, and being Born again of the Holy Spirit, their silly eschatology isn't worth even bothering with.
      True that. And even after they "pass the test", as they call it, they still believe they will face annihilation in the lake of fire forever into eternity, always one sin away from death.

In their theology the only ones who are saved and born again number 144,000, which group began to be selected in the first century and on up to 1935 when they say "the great crowd of other sheep" began to be gathered.

Anyway, that's just the nuts and bolts of a very convoluted heresy being taken door to door by JWs.
      Romans 10:1 Brethren, my heart’s desire and my prayer to God for them is for their salvation. 2 For I testify about them that they have a zeal for God, but not in accordance with knowledge. 3 For not knowing about God’s righteousness and seeking to establish their own, they did not subject themselves to the righteousness of God. 4 For Christ is the end of the law for righteousness to everyone who believes.

Comment

Hmm...Is this one of the books released at the recent Wt Annual General meeting? I think there was one entitled "False Prophesies About The End Restored At Last" or something like that.

Anyway, the WTS writers have a tendency to pontificate as if they have exclusive rights on exaggeration. "Is a world free from death possible?" "Can we live in a world without ingrowing toenails for ever and ever amen" and so on. Personally I simply ignore such excuses for bad theology.

Of course, EVERY True Christian believes in a future world where there will be no more war. Every beating heart on this planet now, in all the yesterdays since Calvary, and all the tomorrows awaiting us, is longing for the "the appearing of the glory of our Great God and Saviour" who will usher in a world free from conflict both national, and personal forever.

I believe that every Watchtower Follower has the inherent right to free access to the Bible, and not be forced to read it through a preset lens of obvious theological bias. My own compelling reasoning forces me to think that an overwhelming majority of the rank and file members of the Watchtower Movement are incapable of discoursing intelligibly on the finer nuances of their own theology especially on such a complex subject as eschatology. I think HollyWood has demonstrated this in this thread.

Amen. Come. Lord Jesus.
        Last edited by moggy; 10-17-18, 06:36 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by moggy View Post
          Hmmm...Is this one of the books released at the recent Wt Annual General meeting? I think there was one entitled "False Prophesies About The End Restored At Last" or something like that.

Anyway, the WTS writers have a tendency to pontificate as if they have sole rights on exaggeration. "Is a world free from death possible?" Can we live in a world without ingrowing toenails for ever and ever amen" and so on. Personally I simply ignore such excuses for bad theology.

Of course, every True Christian believes in a world where there will be no more war. Every beating heart on this planet now, in all the yesterdays since Calvary, and all the tomorrows awaiting us, is longing for the "the appearing of the glory of
          LOL "False Prophesies About The End Restored At Last" -- that's funny, Moggy.

Good to see you. I took a break from the forum for a while and don't keep up much any more with their conventions. I happened to see the war book on their website. They've tried to argue that aspect of their teaching away on here but they know they don't have a leg to stand on.

There's a brochure that came out a couple years ago about who is doing God's will today -- they think it's the JWs, of course -- and entertain the idea that God guided Russell and his group to 'restore Bible truth'. They'll have to come out with another one explaining why they're rejecting Russell's teachings and distancing themselves from him.

As to a world that is free from death, don't look to the JWs for that. They say death will be an ever constant companion in their ranks for eternity, as they wake each day in paradise always one step away from annihilation in the lake of fire.

If they're still using the handy little book that asks the question "What Does The Bible Really Teach?", a good question to ask them right at the beginning where they quote Revelation 21:4 “He will wipe out every tear from their eyes, and death will be no more, neither will mourning nor outcry nor pain be anymore.” ask them "do you believe there will ever be a time when death will be no more?" because they don't.

Reference the Watchtower of 8/15/06 QFR which asks the question: After the final test at the end of the Millennium, will it be possible for humans to sin and die? Their answer is "Yes. Unlikely, but Yes."

Holly

Comment

Your post is, as always the real joke. You get so much wrong with the above. However, to cut through your post's tangled web of deceit one can simply refer you to the case of the first man Adam who being created perfectly and placed in a paradise garden, instructed by Jehovah then sinned against Jehovah by choice, through his own free will. Now just for a few minutes just stop and think about that for a while and you might, just might(hope springs eternal as they say)have the penny drop for you. And then you will see what you have really said....you have convicted God Himself! But to grasp this you must learn what the Scriptures teach and what the Witnesses really believe. Until you do your posts will be misrepresenting your "neighbour" which is something Jehovah hates(cp Exodus 23.1 and Proverbs 6.19). But to add to the above let me remind you what was once stated on here by a certain poster who claimed those who are granted everlasting life on earth by Jehovah after the 1000 year rule of the Christ are but "one sin" away from death."What you keep missing is that Adam though sinless was still capable of sinning and hence die and so If those who are saved become sinless because of being forgiven of their sins, washed clean of sin from Adam this means they are like Adam was when he was created and hence no longer need a savior as Adam would never need a savior if he had not sinned the sin he did . They are given everlasting life by Jehovah which Adam would have received if he had passed the test of obedience he was given in Eden by Jehovah. From the moment he would have been granted everlasting life he would never die, he would have end less life. He would know that. That Jehovah would grant him everlasting life would mean Jehovah knew Adam would remain forever obedient to Him. Just as he will know that those who are granted everlasting life by Him after the 1000 years have ended will never ever be disobedient. They are then not "one sin" away from death for the simple reason they will not, as Jehovah who grants everlasting life to them knows, commit the sin Adam did. Your thinking they would be just "one sin" away from death is simply you not only misunderstanding what Jehovah's Witnesses believe but also what the scriptures teach. But worse than that like Satan you appear to lack faith in Jehovah being able to grant everlasting life to his faithful obedient creatures and know they will be forever faithful and obedient. That is a very sad but inescapable conclusion one gets from your posts on this subject."
            Now discuss this among yourselves.
            Last edited by barneyman3; 11-24-18, 11:08 AM.

Comment

I've been told that it's my OP that is the joke and there is "so much wrong with" it, yet nothing from my post has been cited as being wrong nor has anything by way of correction been made to anything in my post.

Perhaps no evidence has been forthcoming because this war fiasco for JWs has been discussed on here before, which has shown the JWs at a loss to defend or counter their own teaching. They also know I will support my post directly from their own publications.

Holly

Comment

The claim has been made that God "will know that those who are granted everlasting life by Him after the 1000 years have ended will never ever be disobedient."

However, unless the Insight volumes have been updated, the only ones the WTS ever says this of are the 144,000:

[Insight Vol 1, Holiness, p.1130] They become Jehovah’s anointed ones, the spiritual brothers of Jesus Christ, and are called “holy ones” or “saints.” They receive holiness by faith in the ransom sacrifice of Christ. Holiness, then, does not inhere in them, or belong to them, through their own merit, but it comes to them through Jesus Christ.

[Insight Vol 1, Immortality, p.1189-1190] So the grant of “indestructible life” or “indissoluble life” to those Christians who gain the privilege of reigning with God’s Son in the heavenly Kingdom marvelously demonstrates God’s confidence in them.

Kingdom Heirs Granted Immortality.For the anointed Christians called to reign with Christ in the heavens, the promise is that they share with Christ in the likeness of his resurrection. Thus, as in the case of their Lord and Head, the anointed members of the Christian congregation who die faithful receive a resurrection to immortal spirit life, so that “this which is mortal puts on immortality.” As with Jesus, immortality in their case does not mean simply everlasting life, or mere freedom from death. That they, too, are granted “the power of an indestructible life” as fellow heirs with Christ is seen from the apostle Paul’s association of incorruptibility with the immortality they attain. Over them “the second death has no authority.”

This grant of immortality to the Kingdom heirs is all the more remarkable, in view of the fact that even God’s angels are shown to be mortal, despite their possessing spirit bodies, not carnal ones. Angelic mortality is evident in view of the judgment of death entered against the spirit son who became God’s Adversary, or Satan, and also against those other angels who followed that satanic course and “did not keep their original position but forsook their own proper dwelling place.” So the grant of “indestructible life” or “indissoluble life” to those Christians who gain the privilege of reigning with God’s Son in the heavenly Kingdom marvelously demonstrates God’s confidence in them.
                Why would the penalty for sin [death] still be around for them after the 1,000 years and after they’ve passed ‘the final test’, if God “will know that those who are granted everlasting life by Him after the 1000 years have ended will never ever be disobedient”?

I’ve referenced their own article many times on here and none of them have been able to answer their own question nor see the ramifications of it. As I posted on here in an earlier post, and a number of times before this: After the final test at the end of the Millennium, will it be possible for humans to sin and die?

It’s from the Watchtower of 8/15/06, Questions From Readers, and it’s available online at the JW Org’s website: https://wol.jw.org/en/wol/d/r1/lp-e/2006607

It is indeed true that JWs expect to be like Adam, whom they believe was not a beneficiary of Jesus' ransom sacrifice and who will not be resurrected.

Notice in the Insight quotes above that a minute number of JWs [144,000] have Jesus' holiness attributed to them and it isn't through their own merit. They say everyone else will keep living based on their own merit, not that of Jesus.

Holly

Comment

Working...
                X