Announcement

Collapse

Message to all users:

https://carm.org/forum-rules

Super Member Subscription
https://carm.org/carm-super-members-banner-ad-signup

As most of you are aware, we had a crash to forums and were down for over two days a while back. We did have to do an upgrade to the vbulletin software to fix the forums and that has created changes, VB no longer provide the hybrid or threaded forums. There are some issues/changes to the forums we are not able to fix or change. Also note the link address change, please let friends and posters know of the changed link to the forums. For now this is the only link available, https://forums.carm.org/vb5/ but if clicking on forum on carm.org homepage it will now send you to this link. (edited to add https: now working.

Again, we are working through some of the posting and viewing issues to learn how to post with the changes, you will have to check and test the different features, icons that have changed. You may also want to go to profile settings,since many of the notifications, information in profile, also to update/edit your avatar by clicking on avatar space, pull down arrow next to login for user settings.

Edit to add "How to read forums, to make it easier."
Pull down arrow next to login name upper right select profile, or user settings when page opens to profile,select link in tab that says Account. Then select/choose options, go down to Conversation Detail Options, Select Display mode Posts, NOT Activity, that selection of Posts will make the pages of discussions go to last post on last page rather than out of order that happens if you choose activity threads. Then be sure to go to bottom and select SAVE Changes in your profile options. You can then follow discussions by going through the pages, to the last page having latest responses. Then click on the other links Privacy, Notifications, to select viewing options,the forums get easier if you open all the tabs or links in your profile, user settings and select options. To join Super Member, pull down arrow next to login name, select User Settings and then click on tab/link at top that says Subscriptions.

Thank you for your patience and God Bless.

Diane S
https://carm.org/forum-rules
See more
See less

Is this a joke?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is this a joke?

I could hardly believe the WTS would print a book with the title "Will There Ever Be A World Without War?" (2018) And promote themselves as the shining example of those who lead the way to a world without war.

What's the problem? Well, the problem is that it's JWs themselves who teach that after a thousand years of studying WTS publications in a paradise earth, filled with nothing but peace and harmony, and everyone on earth becoming completely sin free by applying what those WTS publications say to do, until they are able to met Jehovah's standards physically, mentally, morally, and spiritually, a whole host of these perfected JWs will side with the devil and go out to war against other JWs. That's the problem. Even studying WTS publications for more than a thousand years (in some cases) there will be a number of them so large as to be uncountable that will go out to war against other JWs.

Of course, they say once they decide to go to war, they aren't JWs any more, but they know they can't say they were just pretending to be JWs because they also teach that if they had been, they would have been immediately annihilated during the thousand years.

Bottom line is even if every one on the earth were a JW, there will still be war, and it's the JWs who are teaching this!
    Romans 10:1 Brethren, my heartís desire and my prayer to God for them is for their salvation. 2 For I testify about them that they have a zeal for God, but not in accordance with knowledge. 3 For not knowing about Godís righteousness and seeking to establish their own, they did not subject themselves to the righteousness of God. 4 For Christ is the end of the law for righteousness to everyone who believes.

Originally posted by HollyWood View Post
    I could hardly believe the WTS would print a book with the title "Will There Ever Be A World Without War?" (2018) And promote themselves as the shining example of those who lead the way to a world without war.

What's the problem? Well, the problem is that it's JWs themselves who teach that after a thousand years of studying WTS publications in a paradise earth, filled with nothing but peace and harmony, and everyone on earth becoming completely sin free by applying what those WTS publications say to do, until they are able to met Jehovah's standards physically, mentally, morally, and spiritually, a whole host of these perfected JWs will side with the devil and go out to war against other JWs. That's the problem. Even studying WTS publications for more than a thousand years (in some cases) there will be a number of them so large as to be uncountable that will go out to war against other JWs.

Of course, they say once they decide to go to war, they aren't JWs any more, but they know they can't say they were just pretending to be JWs because they also teach that if they had been, they would have been immediately annihilated during the thousand years.

Bottom line is even if every one on the earth were a JW, there will still be war, and it's the JWs who are teaching this!
    But since the "witnesses" know nothing of Biblical Salvation, and being Born again of the Holy Spirit, their silly eschatology isn't worth even bothering with.

Comment

Originally posted by Bob Carabbio View Post

But since the "witnesses" know nothing of Biblical Salvation, and being Born again of the Holy Spirit, their silly eschatology isn't worth even bothering with.
      True that. And even after they "pass the test", as they call it, they still believe they will face annihilation in the lake of fire forever into eternity, always one sin away from death.

In their theology the only ones who are saved and born again number 144,000, which group began to be selected in the first century and on up to 1935 when they say "the great crowd of other sheep" began to be gathered.

Anyway, that's just the nuts and bolts of a very convoluted heresy being taken door to door by JWs.
      Romans 10:1 Brethren, my heartís desire and my prayer to God for them is for their salvation. 2 For I testify about them that they have a zeal for God, but not in accordance with knowledge. 3 For not knowing about Godís righteousness and seeking to establish their own, they did not subject themselves to the righteousness of God. 4 For Christ is the end of the law for righteousness to everyone who believes.

Comment

Hmm...Is this one of the books released at the recent Wt Annual General meeting? I think there was one entitled "False Prophesies About The End Restored At Last" or something like that.

Anyway, the WTS writers have a tendency to pontificate as if they have exclusive rights on exaggeration. "Is a world free from death possible?" "Can we live in a world without ingrowing toenails for ever and ever amen" and so on. Personally I simply ignore such excuses for bad theology.

Of course, EVERY True Christian believes in a future world where there will be no more war. Every beating heart on this planet now, in all the yesterdays since Calvary, and all the tomorrows awaiting us, is longing for the "the appearing of the glory of our Great God and Saviour" who will usher in a world free from conflict both national, and personal forever.

I believe that every Watchtower Follower has the inherent right to free access to the Bible, and not be forced to read it through a preset lens of obvious theological bias. My own compelling reasoning forces me to think that an overwhelming majority of the rank and file members of the Watchtower Movement are incapable of discoursing intelligibly on the finer nuances of their own theology especially on such a complex subject as eschatology. I think HollyWood has demonstrated this in this thread.

Amen. Come. Lord Jesus.
        Last edited by moggy; 10-17-18, 05:36 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by moggy View Post
          Hmmm...Is this one of the books released at the recent Wt Annual General meeting? I think there was one entitled "False Prophesies About The End Restored At Last" or something like that.

Anyway, the WTS writers have a tendency to pontificate as if they have sole rights on exaggeration. "Is a world free from death possible?" Can we live in a world without ingrowing toenails for ever and ever amen" and so on. Personally I simply ignore such excuses for bad theology.

Of course, every True Christian believes in a world where there will be no more war. Every beating heart on this planet now, in all the yesterdays since Calvary, and all the tomorrows awaiting us, is longing for the "the appearing of the glory of
          LOL "False Prophesies About The End Restored At Last" -- that's funny, Moggy.

Good to see you. I took a break from the forum for a while and don't keep up much any more with their conventions. I happened to see the war book on their website. They've tried to argue that aspect of their teaching away on here but they know they don't have a leg to stand on.

There's a brochure that came out a couple years ago about who is doing God's will today -- they think it's the JWs, of course -- and entertain the idea that God guided Russell and his group to 'restore Bible truth'. They'll have to come out with another one explaining why they're rejecting Russell's teachings and distancing themselves from him.

As to a world that is free from death, don't look to the JWs for that. They say death will be an ever constant companion in their ranks for eternity, as they wake each day in paradise always one step away from annihilation in the lake of fire.

If they're still using the handy little book that asks the question "What Does The Bible Really Teach?", a good question to ask them right at the beginning where they quote Revelation 21:4 ďHe will wipe out every tear from their eyes, and death will be no more, neither will mourning nor outcry nor pain be anymore.Ē ask them "do you believe there will ever be a time when death will be no more?" because they don't.

Reference the Watchtower of 8/15/06 QFR which asks the question: After the final test at the end of the Millennium, will it be possible for humans to sin and die? Their answer is "Yes. Unlikely, but Yes."

Holly

Comment

Working...
          X