Announcement

Collapse

Message to all users:

https://carm.org/forum-rules

Super Member Subscription
https://carm.org/carm-super-members-banner-ad-signup

As most of you are aware, we had a crash to forums and were down for over two days a while back. We did have to do an upgrade to the vbulletin software to fix the forums and that has created changes, VB no longer provide the hybrid or threaded forums. There are some issues/changes to the forums we are not able to fix or change. Also note the link address change, please let friends and posters know of the changed link to the forums. For now this is the only link available, https://forums.carm.org/vb5/ but if clicking on forum on carm.org homepage it will now send you to this link. (edited to add https: now working.

Again, we are working through some of the posting and viewing issues to learn how to post with the changes, you will have to check and test the different features, icons that have changed. You may also want to go to profile settings,since many of the notifications, information in profile, also to update/edit your avatar by clicking on avatar space, pull down arrow next to login for user settings.

Edit to add "How to read forums, to make it easier."
Pull down arrow next to login name upper right select profile, or user settings when page opens to profile,select link in tab that says Account. Then select/choose options, go down to Conversation Detail Options, Select Display mode Posts, NOT Activity, that selection of Posts will make the pages of discussions go to last post on last page rather than out of order that happens if you choose activity threads. Then be sure to go to bottom and select SAVE Changes in your profile options. You can then follow discussions by going through the pages, to the last page having latest responses. Then click on the other links Privacy, Notifications, to select viewing options,the forums get easier if you open all the tabs or links in your profile, user settings and select options. To join Super Member, pull down arrow next to login name, select User Settings and then click on tab/link at top that says Subscriptions.

Thank you for your patience and God Bless.

Diane S
https://carm.org/forum-rules
See more
See less

Jesus the Creator of all things

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by kjw47 View Post

You say Jesus was the almighty God in heaven who came down to earth, correct?
    Revelation 1:1-- A revelation by Jesus Christ( one being) which God( one being) gave him. So either God is insane and said--here me have a revelation or Jesus is not God, he is the son of God, He has a mortal mother.
    Then how do you explain these things?-- God is king of eternity--Jesus had to be appointed king( Dan 7:13-15) If Jesus were God, he already would be king. So why was he appointed--only for 1000 years? Then he hands back the kingdom to his God and Father and subjects himself( forever) 1Cor 15:24-28)--How do you explain that?
    Fact--There is ONE true God---- At John 1:1--If trinity teaching was correct and a capitol G GOD is in the last line--Then the second line reads---And God was with God= impossible--There is ONE God.
    At Rev 3:12--While sitting at the right hand of power--Jesus stresses 4 x in a single paragraph--He has a God. So explain--How does God have a God?
    Trinity translations teach 2 different gods--they are filled with errors by the religion that came out of Rome, years after Jesus--Catholicism.
    The answer is in the Scriptures

Jesus laid aside his equality, Wealth and Joy with God the Father and God the Holy Spirit and humbled himself to the form of a slave, when he became man ..

”Who although being essentially one with God and in the Form of God {possessing the fullness of the attributes which make GOD GOD** did not think this equality with God was a thing to be grasped or retained.” Philippians 2:6 Amplified version

“For ye know the grace of our Lord Jesus Christ, that, though he was rich, yet for your sakes he became poor, that ye through his poverty might be rich.” 2 Cor. 8:9

Hebrews 12
    1 Wherefore seeing we also are compassed about with so great a cloud of witnesses, let us lay aside every weight, and the sin which doth so easily beset us, and let us run with patience the race that is set before us, 2 Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith; who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross, despising the shame, and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God.

In the original language “for the joy” means “he exchanged Joy for Shame”.

Thank you Jesus for coming down from your throne in heaven where you were the Almighty God, “EL SHADDAI”, The Great I AM creator of all things in heaven and earth, visible and invisible, thrones, dominions, and principalities and powers . You were rich yet you became poor. You were Almighty yet you emptied yourself and became a humble slave, you exchanged joy for sorrow, sorrow by dying a shameful death on a cross as a criminal whipped with leaden strips even thou you had no sin . Thank you Jesus for your pain and sacrifice.

Luke 2:51 And he went down with them, and came to Nazareth, and was subject unto them: but his mother kept all these sayings in her heart.

It's interesting how Jesus The Almighty God the creator of everything that exist both in heaven and earth humbled himself to a point where he was obedient to Mary and Joseph one of the poorest couples in the world he created and he washed the feet of the disciples something done by gentile slaves only. Was forbidden for Israelites to do.

And inasmuch as mine enemies come against you ... ye shall curse them; And whomsoever ye curse, I will curse, and ye shall avenge me of mine enemies (Doctrine and Covenants, 103:24-25)

Comment

• Originally posted by Nathan p View Post
      He is the First and the Last to be resurrected by the Father.
      The Scripture isn't talking about ressurection here. Jesus is quoting Isaiah.

Comment

• Originally posted by Renaldo View Post

The Scripture isn't talking about ressurection here. Jesus is quoting Isaiah.
        Isaiah 41

1 Keep silence before me, O islands; and let the people renew their strength: let them come near; then let them speak: let us come near together to judgment. 2 Who raised up the righteous man from the east, called him to his foot, gave the nations before him, and made him rule over kings? he gave them as the dust to his sword, and as driven stubble to his bow. 3 He pursued them, and passed safely; even by the way that he had not gone with his feet. 4 Who hath wrought and done it, calling the generations from the beginning? I the LORD, the first, and with the last; I am he.

Isaiah 44

6 Thus saith the LORD the King of Israel, and his redeemer the LORD of hosts; I am the first, and I am the last; and beside me there is no God.

Isaiah 48

12 Hearken unto me, O Jacob and Israel, my called; I am he; I am the first, I also am the last.

Revelation 1

8 “I am the Alpha and the Omega, the Beginning and the End,” says the Lord, “who is and who was and who is to come, the Almighty.”

17 And when I saw him, I fell at his feet as dead. And he laid his right hand upon me, saying unto me, Fear not; I am the first and the last: 18 I am he that liveth, and was dead; and, behold, I am alive for evermore, Amen; and have the keys of hell and of death.

Revelation 2

8 And unto the angel of the church in Smyrna write; These things saith the first and the last, which was dead, and is alive;
        When did The Almighty God die ?

Revelation 22

12 And, behold, I come quickly; and my reward is with me, to give every man according as his work shall be. 13 I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end, the first and the last.

20 He which testifieth these things saith, Surely I come quickly. Amen. Even so, come, Lord Jesus. 21The grace of our Lord Jesus Christ be with you all. Amen.
        And inasmuch as mine enemies come against you ... ye shall curse them; And whomsoever ye curse, I will curse, and ye shall avenge me of mine enemies (Doctrine and Covenants, 103:24-25)

Comment

• Originally posted by kjw47 View Post

You say Jesus was the almighty God in heaven who came down to earth, correct?
          Revelation 1:1-- A revelation by Jesus Christ( one being) which God( one being) gave him. So either God is insane and said--here me have a revelation or Jesus is not God, he is the son of God, He has a mortal mother.
          Then how do you explain these things?-- God is king of eternity--Jesus had to be appointed king( Dan 7:13-15) If Jesus were God, he already would be king. So why was he appointed--only for 1000 years? Then he hands back the kingdom to his God and Father and subjects himself( forever) 1Cor 15:24-28)--How do you explain that?
          Fact--There is ONE true God---- At John 1:1--If trinity teaching was correct and a capitol G GOD is in the last line--Then the second line reads---And God was with God= impossible--There is ONE God.
          At Rev 3:12--While sitting at the right hand of power--Jesus stresses 4 x in a single paragraph--He has a God. So explain--How does God have a God?
          Trinity translations teach 2 different gods--they are filled with errors by the religion that came out of Rome, years after Jesus--Catholicism.
          Jehovah the Creator of all Things

Comment

• Originally posted by Ivanhoe View Post

Jehovah the Creator of all Things

Jesus is the Great I AM

Comment

• Originally posted by wild@heart1963 View Post
              No.........

Jesus was worthy to take and open the scroll this is what the scripture. It says nothing about Jesus or anyone saying what was in the scroll.

Jesus was worthy alone to open it, and He is NO angel
              Yes and I will get those scriptures as soon as I find them. When I prove the angel told John what to write from the scroll that means Jesus had to have been the angel because only Jesus would have known that information correct?
              Last edited by Nathan p; 09-18-17, 03:24 PM. Reason: spacing.

Comment

Yes and I will get those scriptures as soon as I find them. When I prove the angel told John what to write from the scroll that means Jesus had to have been the angel because only Jesus would have known that information correct?
                Jesus the Great I AM

Comment

Jesus the Great I AM

Again Jesus is the only one who could have told John about the scroll. So at rev. 19:9 the angel there who tells John what to write from the scroll is Jesus.

Comment

Again Jesus is the only one who could have told John about the scroll. So at rev. 19:9 the angel there who tells John what to write from the scroll is Jesus.
                    Jesus accepted Worship the angel didn't

Matthew 28:9,24-58:14, 9:18 Luke 4:24, John 9:35-39, Hebrews 1:6

http://catholicexchange.com/should-we-worship-jesus
                    Last edited by Ivanhoe; 11-14-17, 04:21 PM.

Comment

Jesus accepted Worship the angel didn't

Matthew 28:9,24-58:14, 9:18 Luke 4:24, John 9:35-39, Hebrews 1:6
                      We will get to your point. But first only Jesus was worthy to have told John about what was in the scroll correct?

Comment

We will get to your point. But first only Jesus was worthy to have told John about what was in the scroll correct?
                        How do you assume that ?

Comment

How do you assume that ?
                          At rev. 5: 1-10 only Jesus is worthy to open the scroll after it is taken from the Father and look at it. Meaning no one else but Jesus was worthy to tell John about the scroll but Jesus.

Comment

At rev. 5: 1-10 only Jesus is worthy to open the scroll after it is taken from the Father and look at it. Meaning no one else but Jesus was worthy to tell John about the scroll but Jesus.
                            Jesus is definitely Worthy of Worship

Comment

• Hey Nathan p why did the apostles and Paul teach that Jesus is God and the disciples of the Apostles and the disciples. Read their quotes

Comment

Jesus is definitely Worthy of Worship
                                You are missing the point and only Jesus could have been worthy to have told John anything about the scroll correct? Meaning the angel who tells John information about the scroll in revelations had to have been Jesus.
                                Last edited by Nathan p; 12-19-17, 02:02 PM. Reason: foprgot something.

Comment

Working...
                                X