Announcement

Collapse

Message to all users:

Edited to add more information for posters:

https://carm.org/forum-rules

Super Member Subscription
https://carm.org/carm-super-members-banner-ad-signup

As most of you are aware, we had a crash to forums and were down for over two days. We did have to do an upgrade to the vbulletin software to fix the forums and that has created changes, VB no longer provide the hybrid or threaded forums. There are some issues/changes to the forums we are not able to fix or change. Also note the link address change, please let friends and posters know of the changed link to the forums. For now this is the only link available, https://forums.carm.org/vb5/ but if clicking on forum on carm.org homepage it will now send you to this link. (edited to add https: now working.

Again, we are working through some of the posting and viewing issues to learn how to post with the changes, you will have to check and test the different features, icons that have changed. You may also want to go to profile settings,since many of the notifications, information in profile, also to update/edit your avatar by clicking on avatar space, pull down arrow next to login for user settings.

Edit to add "How to read forums, to make it easier."
Pull down arrow next to login name upper right select profile, or user settings when page opens to profile,select link in tab that says Account. Then select/choose options, go down to Conversation Detail Options, Select Display mode Posts, NOT Activity, that selection of Posts will make the pages of discussions go to last post on last page rather than out of order that happens if you choose activity threads. Then be sure to go to bottom and select SAVE Changes in your profile options. You can then follow discussions by going through the pages, to the last page having latest responses. Then click on the other links Privacy, Notifications, to select viewing options,the forums get easier if you open all the tabs or links in your profile, user settings and select options. To join Super Member, pull down arrow next to login name, select User Settings and then click on tab/link at top that says Subscriptions.

Thank you for your patience and God Bless.

Diane S
https://carm.org/forum-rules
See more
See less

How Joseph Smith Changed the Bible, and Came Under the Curse!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Catherine Aurelia View Post
    Every word of God is pure: he is a shield unto them that put their trust in him. Add thou not unto his words, lest he reprove thee, and thou be found a liar. (Proverbs 30:5-6)
    The history and evolution of Christian creeds begins with the discord and confusion over doctrines that plagued the ancient church after the death of Jesus Christ and His Apostles. The conclusion is the restoration of the fulness of the gospel of Jesus Christ in the modern days. All of the principles, ordinances, teachings, doctrines, priesthood authority, and covenants that Jesus Christ instituted in His ancient Church were brought back to the earth in their glory. Christian creeds were born of honest seekers of Godís truth in the time that the heavens were closing, so to speak, and Christís priesthood and authority were taken from the earth. Through the persistence and determination of righteous people to follow God the best they could, the foundation was laid for the restoration of the gospel of Jesus Christ and the re-opening of the heavens.

Every word of God is pure.. but what about the effort by man to explain the nature of God.... Christian Creeds which added to the Scriptures mans interpretations... such a abominations as was stated by Jesus Christ... (first vision).... hmmm
    A fool uttereth all his mind: but a wise man keepeth it in till afterwards. Proverbs

Comment

• Originally posted by Ralf View Post

The history and evolution of Christian creeds begins with the discord and confusion over doctrines that plagued the ancient church after the death of Jesus Christ and His Apostles. The conclusion is the restoration of the fulness of the gospel of Jesus Christ in the modern days. All of the principles, ordinances, teachings, doctrines, priesthood authority, and covenants that Jesus Christ instituted in His ancient Church were brought back to the earth in their glory. Christian creeds were born of honest seekers of Godís truth in the time that the heavens were closing, so to speak, and Christís priesthood and authority were taken from the earth. Through the persistence and determination of righteous people to follow God the best they could, the foundation was laid for the restoration of the gospel of Jesus Christ and the re-opening of the heavens.

Every word of God is pure.. but what about the effort by man to explain the nature of God.... Christian Creeds which added to the Scriptures mans interpretations... such a abominations as was stated by Jesus Christ... (first vision).... hmmm
      You mean Joey the Liar's attempt to explain that your god is some guy from another planet? He did come under a curse, in Carthage, as I recall.

I would add that those who support Joey's additions to the Word of God, will also come under the same curse unless they repent.
      Christian scholar John MacArthur about Mormonism: “Mormonism is wrong in epic proportions.”

Comment

• Originally posted by JustaLurker View Post

In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.
        All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made.
        And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us
        John seeth Jesus coming unto him, and saith, Behold the Lamb of God, which taketh away the sin of the world.
        And I saw, and bare record that this is the Son of God.
        e world

God was never a man??
        God was never a man.

Jesus was and is fully God AND fully Man.

Jesus was AND IS the Word. He is with God, and He IS GOD.

Come and talk to me when you can take away the sins of the world.

That's some pretty advanced stuff...how 'bout walklng on water? No? Stopping a storm? Or maybe feeding a crowd of hungry people?

Jesus was and IS always God. When He walked among us, He was still God. It was God Who went to Calvary for us.

And when you pray in Jesus' Name...

You are praying in the Name of God...
        God Who was made flesh for me and nailed upon a lonely tree
        What gift can I bring that would suffice to repay such great sacrifice?
        All that I am I lay at Your throne. Make me, Lord, Your very Own.

Comment

The history and evolution of Christian creeds begins with the discord and confusion over doctrines that plagued the ancient church after the death of Jesus Christ and His Apostles. The conclusion is the restoration of the fulness of the gospel of Jesus Christ in the modern days. All of the principles, ordinances, teachings, doctrines, priesthood authority, and covenants that Jesus Christ instituted in His ancient Church were brought back to the earth in their glory. Christian creeds were born of honest seekers of God’s truth in the time that the heavens were closing, so to speak, and Christ’s priesthood and authority were taken from the earth. Through the persistence and determination of righteous people to follow God the best they could, the foundation was laid for the restoration of the gospel of Jesus Christ and the re-opening of the heavens.

Do you suppose that you are the only group that claims to be "the restoration movement"?

Jesus doesn't need anyone's help. He is the Head of His church, and we are safe in His arms.

Comment

• Originally posted by Catherine Aurelia View Post

You mean Joey the Liar's attempt to explain that your god is some guy from another planet? He did come under a curse, in Carthage, as I recall.

I would add that those who support Joey's additions to the Word of God, will also come under the same curse unless they repent.
            AMEN!

Thank you, Catherine!

Comment

• Originally posted by The Barrd View Post

Do you suppose that you are the only group that claims to be "the restoration movement"?

Jesus doesn't need anyone's help. He is the Head of His church, and we are safe in His arms.
              So you know of even one other that has claimed the restoration of the Keys of the Kingdom??? I dunno.... hmmm
              A fool uttereth all his mind: but a wise man keepeth it in till afterwards. Proverbs

Comment

Chuckle... well there go all the Apostles, Prophets and Old Testament Patriarchs... Christ did it alone... hmmm ... folks it doesn't get any better then this when Christians quit with any king of thought process...

Comment

Ralph

Chuckle... well there go all the Apostles, Prophets and Old Testament Patriarchs... Christ did it alone... hmmm ... folks it doesn't get any better then this when Christians quit with any king of thought process...
                  Jesus did not follow the Apostles...they followed Him.

Prophets have no prophecy unless God gives it to them.

God chose the Patriarchs,

None of these people are important in and of themselves...but only because of their relationship with God.

Yes, Ralph...God did it alone.

Jesus, like His Father, has life within Himself. He is the ultimate source of life. Life exists because He willed it so.

Without Him, we are nothing at all...no, not even a handful of dust.

Comment

Mormons only have men who pretend bo be apostles and prophets - and followers who pretend to be Christians. It's a pretend religion.
                    Christian scholar John MacArthur about Mormonism: “Mormonism is wrong in epic proportions.”

Comment

God was never a man.

Jesus was and is fully God AND fully Man.

Jesus was AND IS the Word. He is with God, and He IS GOD.

Come and talk to me when you can take away the sins of the world.

That's some pretty advanced stuff...how 'bout walklng on water? No? Stopping a storm? Or maybe feeding a crowd of hungry people?

Jesus was and IS always God. When He walked among us, He was still God. It was God Who went to Calvary for us.

And when you pray in Jesus' Name...

You are praying in the Name of God...

There's not much I can say that's going to make a dent in that sort of logic.

Comment

We can really tell "desperation time" has come to a certainly Mormon when they cut up posts to make a person say what they did not.

All out of arguments?

Comment

Lurker, you have just shown yourself to be woefully dishonest...and, as Jameson said...desperate..

I am sorry for you/

Comment

Lurker, you have just shown yourself to be woefully dishonest...and, as Jameson said...desperate..

I am sorry for you/
                            Your post is completely intact. I highlighted the contradiction.

Comment

Your post is completely intact. I highlighted the contradiction.
                              You are only proving out the way in which you interpret the Bible---as in context DOES NOT matter.

Comment

Accusing another poster of being dishonest....when the accuser has been proven to say untrue things such as the willingness to use violence against missionaries, to make gay people "disappear" from her town, and the claim that LDS people are power-mad....

p
                                h
                                a
                                r
                                I
                                s
                                e
                                e
                                "PWCSLWRTIMSL"="PeopleWhoCSLewisWasReferringToInMy SignatureLine"
                                ..whenever a person's religious conversation dwells..even frequently on the faults of other people's religions, he is in a bad condition-C.S. Lewis

Comment

Working...
                                X