Announcement

Collapse

Message to all users:

Edited to add more information for posters:

https://carm.org/forum-rules

Super Member Subscription
https://carm.org/carm-super-members-banner-ad-signup

As most of you are aware, we had a crash to forums and were down for over two days. We did have to do an upgrade to the vbulletin software to fix the forums and that has created changes, VB no longer provide the hybrid or threaded forums. There are some issues/changes to the forums we are not able to fix or change. Also note the link address change, please let friends and posters know of the changed link to the forums. For now this is the only link available, https://forums.carm.org/vb5/ but if clicking on forum on carm.org homepage it will now send you to this link. (edited to add https: now working.

Again, we are working through some of the posting and viewing issues to learn how to post with the changes, you will have to check and test the different features, icons that have changed. You may also want to go to profile settings,since many of the notifications, information in profile, also to update/edit your avatar by clicking on avatar space, pull down arrow next to login for user settings.

Edit to add "How to read forums, to make it easier."
Pull down arrow next to login name upper right select profile, or user settings when page opens to profile,select link in tab that says Account. Then select/choose options, go down to Conversation Detail Options, Select Display mode Posts, NOT Activity, that selection of Posts will make the pages of discussions go to last post on last page rather than out of order that happens if you choose activity threads. Then be sure to go to bottom and select SAVE Changes in your profile options. You can then follow discussions by going through the pages, to the last page having latest responses. Then click on the other links Privacy, Notifications, to select viewing options,the forums get easier if you open all the tabs or links in your profile, user settings and select options. To join Super Member, pull down arrow next to login name, select User Settings and then click on tab/link at top that says Subscriptions.

Thank you for your patience and God Bless.

Diane S
https://carm.org/forum-rules
See more
See less

How Many Gods Do Mormons Worship And Which Ones?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Catherine Aurelia View Post
    [B]Dberrie says he worships the Son who is his father by adoption - which is incredibly naive. Mormons now have three "fathers?" One is "heavenly father," another is Jesus and another is their earthly father?
    Please do take note that anyone who is adopted has three fathers--their Heavenly Father--their natural father--and their adoptive father.

Comment

Originally posted by dberrie2000 View Post

Hi Dianaiad:

For me--worship of God the Son is also as Lord, Savior and Redeemer of mankind. That devotion of worship becomes even deeper when I realize God the Son becomes the Eternal Father in the adoption--just as I become a father in my sons and daughters.
      Yes, and the worship of God in the Old Testament was the worship of Christ who represented the Father in word and deed ... One God or one Godhead ... thus in the Book of Mormon they did worship the one God... even though it was Christ (One God) who spoke to His Prophets...
      A fool uttereth all his mind: but a wise man keepeth it in till afterwards. Proverbs

Comment

test
        * "But the goal of our instruction is love from a pure heart and a good conscience and a sincere faith," (1 Tim. 1:5).
        * "Conduct yourselves with wisdom toward outsiders, making the most of the opportunity. 6 Let your speech always be with grace, seasoned, as it were, with salt, so that you may know how you should respond to each person," (Col. 4:5-6). NASB

Comment

error noted in thread on IE admin will edit/delete posts to fix errors/ there is post under Ralf with a link that is blocking forum. Need to permanently remove post, if thread still broken on IE, will have to close thread and posters will have to begin again a new thread for discussion.
          Ok, edited, error finally removed, caused by a signature with a bad link. Thread now working again on IE with post removed.
          God Bless,
          Diane S

Comment

Typo

Comment

Originally posted by dberrie2000 View Post

Please do take note that anyone who is adopted has three fathers--their Heavenly Father--their natural father--and their adoptive father.
              So, maybe they should change the Lord's Prayer to read, "Our two fathers who art in heaven, and are one one earth" So, how many "mothers" does a Mormon have? And do you folks also address Grandpa God and Greatgrandpa God in prayer?
              Christian scholar John MacArthur about Mormonism: “Mormonism is wrong in epic proportions.”

Comment

Originally posted by Ivanhoe View Post

Bruce says you worship 3 gods

Plurality of Gods

See ADAM-GOD THEORY, CHRIST, FALSE GODS, FATHER IN HEAVEN, GODHEAD, GODHOOD, HOLY GHOST, POLYTHEISM. Three separate personages — Father, Son, and Holy Ghost — comprise the Godhead. As each of these persons is a God, it is evident, from this standpoint alone, that a plurality of Gods exists. To us, speaking in the proper finite sense, these three are the only Gods we worship. But in addition there is an infinite number of holy personages, drawn from worlds without number, who have passed on to exaltation and are thus gods." Mormon Doctrine
                That is one God, guess you missed that in the Book of Mormon... chuckle... the reason you guys have made up the Trinity is that you don't recognize the truth... God the Father, God the Son and God the Holy Ghost ... hence the Godhead or One God in purpose and vision...
                A fool uttereth all his mind: but a wise man keepeth it in till afterwards. Proverbs

Comment

In the Old Testament, the Israelites are commanded to worship Jehovah. According to the Mormon cult, Jehovah was really Jesus, not Elohim who is Jesus' biological father. Under the New Testament, according to the wacky Mormon system, Jehovah becomes Jesus, and nobody is supposed to worship him - men must worship only Elohim, who was not worshiped in the Old Testament.

And this is the kind of theological nightmare one can get into by following the theology of a man who spent most of his nights with other men's wives, and dreamed up nutty stuff he could preach to suckers in the grove.

One of the cult's false apostles, McConkie said,

" We worship the Father and him only and no one else.

We do not worship the Son, and we do not worship the Holy Ghost. I know perfectly well what the scriptures say about worshipping Christ and Jehovah, but they are speaking in an entirely different sense—the sense of standing in awe and being reverentially grateful to him who has redeemed us. Worship in the true and saving sense is reserved for God the first, the Creator. "

So, even though the Old Testament time and again directs the people to WORSHIP jEHOVAH, McConkie instructs Mormons NOT to obey that admonition, and to instead only worship Elohim ( a space alien who became an exalted man and was appointed to be "god" over planet earth by another god).

McConkie's whole speech is here: https://speeches.byu.edu/talks/bruce...tionship-lord/

So, Mormons seems to be more confused than a primitive Amazonian monkey hunter regarding whom to worship! In fact, the Amazonian seems to have a greater grasp on theology than all the false apostles and prophets of Smith's cult.

Christian scholar John MacArthur about Mormonism: “Mormonism is wrong in epic proportions.”

Comment

This is what Joseph Smith said about the "god" ruling planet earth: "The heads of the Gods appointed one God for us; and when you take [that] view of the subject, it sets one free to see all the beauty, holiness and perfection of the Gods. All I want is to get the simple, naked truth, and the whole truth." (Joseph Smith's sermon on the Plurality of gods, ( source: http://www.utlm.org/onlineresources/...godssermon.htm ) Exactly how naive and obtuse does a person have to be to trust in such tripe?

Comment

This is what Joseph Smith said about the "god" ruling planet earth: "The heads of the Gods appointed one God for us; and when you take [that] view of the subject, it sets one free to see all the beauty, holiness and perfection of the Gods. All I want is to get the simple, naked truth, and the whole truth." (Joseph Smith's sermon on the Plurality of gods, ( source: http://www.utlm.org/onlineresources/...godssermon.htm ) Exactly how naive and obtuse does a person have to be to trust in such tripe?
                      Here folks is what she left out.... hmmm

Some say I do not interpret the scripture the same as they do. They say it means the heathen's gods. Paul says there are Gods many and Lords many; and that makes a plurality of Gods. in spite of the whims of all men. Without a revelation, I am not going to give them the knowledge of the God of heaven. You know and I testify that Paul had no allusion to the heathen gods. I have it from God, and get over it if you can. I have a witness of the Holy Ghost, and a testimony that Paul had no allusion to the heathen gods in the text. I will show from the Hebrew Bible that I am correct, and the first word shows a plurality of Gods; and I want the apostates and learned men to come here and prove to the contrary, if they can. An unlearned boy must give you a little Hebrew. Berosheit baurau Eloheim ait aushamayeen vehau auraits, rendered by King James' translators, "In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth." I want to analyze the word Berosheit. Rosh, the head; Sheit, a grammatical termination, The Baith was not originally put there when the inspired man wrote it, but it has been since added by an old Jew. Baurau signifies to bring forth; Eloheim is from the word Eloi, God, in the singular number; and by adding the word heim, it renders it Gods. It read first, "In the beginning the head of the Gods brought forth the Gods," or, as others have translated it, "The head of the Gods called the Gods together." I want to show a little learning as well as other fools—
                      Joseph Smith

Comment

If you only worship one "god," then why does the Bible tell us that all the angels are to worship YHWH?
                        Last edited by Catherine Aurelia; 02-17-17, 11:27 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Ralf View Post

Here folks is what she left out.... hmmm
                          None of that negates that your boy, Joe, said that your "god" was appointed by other gods, Chuckles, chuckle. And I provided a link, which is more than Mormons do here. This is how low Mormon "theology" (if one can call it that) has fallen - they worship an APPOINTED god. Sick!

Comment

Mormons are nothing more than a restoration of pagan polytheism which is condemned in the Bible:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V3dvrXOesXI

Sandra is right. The Mormon cult's missionaries pass out the Book of Mormon which is strictly monotheistic. How can Mormons come here and pretend otherwise? It's a rank deceit for Mormons to tell anybody to pray about the Book of Mormon which doesn't contain Mormonism, and adheres far more closely to orthodox Christianity. Mormonism is a con.

Comment

Mormons are nothing more than a restoration of pagan polytheism which is condemned in the Bible

Where in the Bible and if so, the why does the same Bible constantly refer to three?

Sandra is right. The Mormon cult's missionaries pass out the Book of Mormon which is strictly monotheistic

You mean that it only speaks about Christ? I would suggest those that believe the book of Mormon is monothiesic that they read it again. It is no more monothiesic than the Bible is.

How can Mormons come here and pretend otherwise?
                              I believe we quite clear in on our stance that none of the scriptures are monothiestic.
                              It's a rank deceit for Mormons to tell anybody to pray about the Book of Mormon which doesn't contain Mormonism,
                              Shifting the argument. The book of Mormon specifically teaches they Christ is the literal son of God. The only begotten if the father. A book cannot get more polytheistic than that and it is very mormon.
                              and adheres far more closely to orthodox Christianity. Mormonism is a con.
                              This is a lie that some.modern Christians use to obfuscate the message of the book of Mormon which is not different than the Bible.

That they'd use this as evidence is only proof that modern Christians do not believe the Bible but instead believe the Creeds which describe a God that cannot be found in the Bible.
                              "...for now is our salvation nearer to us than when we believed." Romans 13:11 -- What else must be done to move past belief? Faith is belief in action. It is works unto salvation.

Comment

Originally posted by BrotherofJared View Post
                                Where in the Bible and if so, the why does the same Bible constantly refer to three?

You mean that it only speaks about Christ? I would suggest those that believe the book of Mormon is monothiesic that they read it again. It is no more monothiesic than the Bible is.

I believe we quite clear in on our stance that none of the scriptures are monothiestic.

Shifting the argument. The book of Mormon specifically teaches they Christ is the literal son of God. The only begotten if the father. A book cannot get more polytheistic than that and it is very mormon.
                                This is a lie that some.modern Christians use to obfuscate the message of the book of Mormon which is not different than the Bible.

That they'd use this as evidence is only proof that modern Christians do not believe the Bible but instead believe the Creeds which describe a God that cannot be found in the Bible.
                                Isaiah 43:10 - square that with Mormonism's PAGAN POLYTHEISM.

Comment

Working...
                                X