Announcement

Collapse

Message to all users:

Edited to add more information for posters:

https://carm.org/forum-rules

Super Member Subscription
https://carm.org/carm-super-members-banner-ad-signup

As most of you are aware, we had a crash to forums and were down for over two days. We did have to do an upgrade to the vbulletin software to fix the forums and that has created changes, VB no longer provide the hybrid or threaded forums. There are some issues/changes to the forums we are not able to fix or change. Also note the link address change, please let friends and posters know of the changed link to the forums. For now this is the only link available, https://forums.carm.org/vb5/ but if clicking on forum on carm.org homepage it will now send you to this link. (edited to add https: now working.

Again, we are working through some of the posting and viewing issues to learn how to post with the changes, you will have to check and test the different features, icons that have changed. You may also want to go to profile settings,since many of the notifications, information in profile, also to update/edit your avatar by clicking on avatar space, pull down arrow next to login for user settings.

Edit to add "How to read forums, to make it easier."
Pull down arrow next to login name upper right select profile, or user settings when page opens to profile,select link in tab that says Account. Then select/choose options, go down to Conversation Detail Options, Select Display mode Posts, NOT Activity, that selection of Posts will make the pages of discussions go to last post on last page rather than out of order that happens if you choose activity threads. Then be sure to go to bottom and select SAVE Changes in your profile options. You can then follow discussions by going through the pages, to the last page having latest responses. Then click on the other links Privacy, Notifications, to select viewing options,the forums get easier if you open all the tabs or links in your profile, user settings and select options. To join Super Member, pull down arrow next to login name, select User Settings and then click on tab/link at top that says Subscriptions.

Thank you for your patience and God Bless.

Diane S
https://carm.org/forum-rules
See more
See less

New Name Noah's New Video on the "Secret" (not now) Mormon temple rites

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Catherine Aurelia View Post
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KqWB2-BQ_PI

This video has the anointing, a temple marriage ceremony (not very reverent if you ask me), and chanting with raised arm as if in some Coven by Mormon particpants. Enjoy!
    And if you are being hounded by Mormon friends or relatives, or even their smiling (smirking) missionaries, you should do yourself a favor and watch all of New Name Noah's videos:

https://www.youtube.com/user/Newnamenoah

Trust me, the Mormons here do not want you watching these!
    Christian scholar John MacArthur about Mormonism: “Mormonism is wrong in epic proportions.”

Comment

• Originally posted by dianaiad View Post

I wasn't referring to your rhetoric as a joke, Catherine Aurelia. Just your typos...and by no means all of those.And in this case, CA, I wasn't talking to or about you at all, but having a polite and mutually amusing exchange with Bonnie about her calling ME "OC."

Ok, you can untwist your own knickers now. Must be uncomfortable, wearing those abbreviated things that bind and crawl up areas best not mentioned. Mine don't do that. Very comfortable, actually.
      Then you're probably not wearing those old one-piece kind that did creep up and do unkind things to places better left unmentioned. And left you flapping in the breeze if you werent wearing panty hose or slacks. What a pain in the neck those were.
      There is life, truth and joy after mormonism. Just stay close to Christ.
      You can't follow Christ and false prophets at the same time.
      "Be still and know that I am God." ~ Psalm 46:10

Comment

Lack of character? Would that not include altering a person's posts? Here's what I posted, and it stands as a tesimony against those who use ad hom attacks on an individual who has had the INTEGRITY to leave Mormonism:

Here's what I actually posted:

"I want people to actually see what LURKER is saying here. Magdalena asked him if he was trying to discredit her, and LURKER replied that if necessary it is a useful tactic to DISCREDIT A PERSON. In fact, this is a typically obnoxious Mormon tactic. If somebody leaves their CULT, the person is often charged with sexual immorality, homosexuality, or whatever villainy can be conjured up in the warped reaction Mormons have to someone who has grown up and learned that they've been duped by a destructive cult.

However, if you're here and have learned anything, you should know not to be afraid of the "big bad Mormon wolf" who blows out nothing but HOT AIR. And, folks, Mormons are full of hot air - with all their pretensions to being experts about everything, and KNOWING the head honchos of the Mormon cult (not that that's a badge of distinction outside of gullible Mormon society). Don't fear those who reek of arrogance based on their own false assumptions of their importance: "Fotr if a man think himself to be something when he is nothing, he deceiveth himself." Gal. 6:3Getting out of Mormonism:Interestingly, leaving a cult isn't as hard as one suspects (all the death oaths not withstanding). Here are some secular instructions that are interesting:As far as the Mormon who comes here bearing false witness:

Prov. 14:5
        5 A faithful witness does not lie ,but a false witness breathes out lies.(In other words, certain Mormons iive and breath out lies) Some advice for real lurkers: learn when you're being hustled by a Mormon. It's not hard - if they are posting, it's a hustle."

"But false prophets also arose among the people, just as there will be false teachers among you, who will secretly bring in destructive heresies, even denying the Master who bought them, bringing upon themselves swift destruction." 2 Peter2:1
        Thanks, Catherine. It should be pretty obvious to anyone reading here the tactics that are used. Unless they've got their heads in the sand, or are blinded by misplaced trust. The kind of trust one puts in men more than in Christ.

I'm not afraid of mormons. It's become a routine occurence to be insulted by them for leaving their church. Not all, but many. It doesnt affect my decisions, or my faith, or my happiness. But being around the kind of negative spirit they bring in here for any length of time, can be pretty poisonous.

Comment

• Originally posted by Magdalena View Post

So now that youve read it, on which page does it say the mormon church submitted their entire temple ceremony in writing to the senate? That was the question at hand. And its a valid one in light of your claims.
          Just bumping this up for whenever dianalad is ready. No pressure, though.

Comment

Just bumping this up for whenever dianalad is ready. No pressure, though.
            Thanks for bumping up this question, Magdalena. We are all waiting for an answer.
            Christian scholar John MacArthur about Mormonism: “Mormonism is wrong in epic proportions.”

Comment

Then you're probably not wearing those old one-piece kind that did creep up and do unkind things to places better left unmentioned. And left you flapping in the breeze if you werent wearing panty hose or slacks. What a pain in the neck those were.
              I don't think those were ever a pain in the neck, Magdelena.
              "I have the Book, and if Jesus Christ himself came down and told me that there was something incorrect in this Book, I would turn my back on him and hold to the book" (televangelist while hugging a copy of the bible to his chest)

Comment

• Originally posted by Bonnie View Post

Okay, I heard back from Lynn....she gave me permission to quote her:

She gave me permission to post her emails to me here. So, apparently NNN didn't alter the video he showed.
                Except the Lynn is an enemy of the Church and has misrepresented many facts .. so her claims about the video are likely equally as misleading.
                “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” -- George Carlin

We tolerate no one in our ranks who attacks the ideals of Christianity, our movement is Christian. - Adolf Hitler

Comment

Thanks for bumping up this question, Magdalena. We are all waiting for an answer.
                  Wrong again. I ain't waiting.
                  "PWCSLWRTIMSL"="PeopleWhoCSLewisWasReferringToInMy SignatureLine"
                  ..whenever a person's religious conversation dwells..even frequently on the faults of other people's religions, he is in a bad condition-C.S. Lewis

Comment

• Originally posted by oceancoast View Post

Except the Lynn is an enemy of the Church and has misrepresented many facts .. so her claims about the video are likely equally as misleading.
                    Have you finally read her book? And if not, then how do you know she misrepresented anything?

I have read her book; I have corresponded with her via email and I HAVE met her in person. When i have cut and pasted unkind things said about her on this forum, to send to her, when I ask her questions, she never, ever has responded in kind. She simply answers my question and never says a word about the unkind and untrue things said about her and her husband. Not once. The same cannot be said of some on here.
                    "I am tired of being treated like a mushroom--they keep me in the dark and feed me manure!" (reasons why a Mormon was leaving the LDS church)
                    "What people don't realize is how much religion costs. They think faith is a big electric blanket, when of course, it is the cross."--Flannery O'Connor
                    "I am a Missouri Synod Lutheran--NOT REFORMED/CALVINIST. PLEASE learn the difference."
                    "The truth may hurt for a little while, but a lie hurts forever."--anonymous

Comment

• Originally posted by dianaiad View Post

Yeah...it is hard to read, but if you run your mouse over the faded parts, the font actually darkens enough to be EASIER to read than the original. At least that's what I found before they fixed my eyes.

Now I just have to use reading glasses.
                      Oh, that is useful to know. Thanks.

When a few on here have used that tactic with me, I think it is just because they are focusing on one point they wish to address, not trying to distort what I say, since the little arrow in the upper right corner is there, to link to my original post.
                      "I am tired of being treated like a mushroom--they keep me in the dark and feed me manure!" (reasons why a Mormon was leaving the LDS church)
                      "What people don't realize is how much religion costs. They think faith is a big electric blanket, when of course, it is the cross."--Flannery O'Connor
                      "I am a Missouri Synod Lutheran--NOT REFORMED/CALVINIST. PLEASE learn the difference."

Comment

• Originally posted by NRA-Jeff View Post
                        I think the correct word is "you're" -- a contraction for "you are."

Lots of people make that mistake, especially when in a hurry. it is very common. I have sometimes written "write" when I meant "right." Don't know WHY, but I have done that a time or two on here.....

Comment

Have you finally read her book?
                          No.. only excerpts.. I offered that if you could provide a copy free of charge as the Book of Mormon is free of charge, and if you would read the BoM, I would read her book, so far you have declined this offer.

And if not, then how do you know she misrepresented anything?
                          I have watched her videos and read excerpts .. I know from those she misleads people about the LDS faith. So I KNOW she misleads with regards to my faith, as I see it first hand of videos where she is speaking. I don't need to read her book of propaganda to know... Unless of course your going to say what she say's in person is DIFFERENT that what she writes in her book , and that the excerpts quoted by her and her supporters are not an accurate representation of her book?

“Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” -- George Carlin

We tolerate no one in our ranks who attacks the ideals of Christianity, our movement is Christian. - Adolf Hitler

Comment

• Originally posted by oceancoast View Post
                            No.. only excerpts.. I offered that if you could provide a copy free of charge as the Book of Mormon is free of charge, and if you would read the BoM, I would read her book, so far you have declined this offer.

I have watched her videos and read excerpts .. I know from those she misleads people about the LDS faith. So I KNOW she misleads with regards to my faith, as I see it first hand of videos where she is speaking. I don't need to read her book of propaganda to know... Unless of course your going to say what she say's in person is DIFFERENT that what she writes in her book , and that the excerpts quoted by her and her supporters are not an accurate representation of her book?

I would have to know where you live to send you a copy but giving out personal information like that on here isn't allowed. But one could get a good used copy very cheaply on Amazon, or get a Kindle version,as I did. Or maybe find it in a library. And if the local library doesn't carry it, another one might and the local library could order it for you. I have done that with some books at my local library. They get stuff from other libraries for me all the time.

So, in what does she "mislead" people about the Mormon faith? A difference of opinion between what she says and what you think doesn't mean she is being "misleading" or lying.

But you still haven't read her WHOLE book. Yes, i know I haven't read all of the BoM--but I DO own a copy and can read more of it any time I please. You don't own her book and only have read snippet--taken out of context, maybe?

Lynn is one of the sweetest, kindest people I have ever met. Even at that lecture she and her husband gave in Florida that I attended, a few years ago, she never made a single nasty comment about Mormonism or those in Mormonism. Other than that they came to realize it isn't the truth but is a false religion. She talked mostly about how she and her husband came out of Mormonism and what led them to do so--rereading the entire NT systematically, as their son Micah's urging. Without their Mormon glasses on. Plus, they answered questions. And talked a little about what Mormonism teaches--the Reader's Digest version.

I have cut and pasted stuff a Mormon or two has said about her, on these boards--and some of it was very unkind--in order to ask her questions about what she and her husband had done in Mormonism. One person on here said her husband lied and claimed to have been a bishop, when he did no such thing. Both her book and the WHY WE LEFT MORMONISM booklet say that her husband was an ASSISTANT to the bishop, NOT a bishop, himself. This person also claimed that Mike lied when he said he served on the high council (paraphrased). That too was not true. He did, working his way up to second place on the council, though he was NOT the head guy. So, when I sent her this stuff from here and asked her to address these things, she just said that Mike was an assistant pastor and a member of the high council, getting up to second place. She said not one word about the person on here who lied about her husband. Not one word. She simply gave me answers to my questions.

We could all learn something from Lynn and her gentle spirit and attitude.

Comment

Oh, that is useful to know. Thanks.

When a few on here have used that tactic with me, I think it is just because they are focusing on one point they wish to address, not trying to distort what I say, since the little arrow in the upper right corner is there, to link to my original post.
                              That's exactly it.

The thing is, it is perfectly permissible (and nobody yells about it) to take a bit of a post and, by using elipses or something indicating that it is NOT complete, just respond to that bit. It is common to just take part of a post, a paragraph or a point, quote it and respond to that. It's not only acceptable to do this, but mostly appreciated because it saves bandwidth, page space and an incredible amount of repeat reading.

However, it has sometimes happened that when a poster does that very acceptable and permissible thing, s/he is accused of taking things out of context and altering posts....so, rather than doing the normal, acceptable and permissible thing, s/he takes the ENTIRE post (to show that it is not out of context) and simply changes...not the post, but the appearance of the font, to emphasize the point of the post that is at issue.

I personally find it much better and easier on the eyes than having someone take one's post and change punctuation, put emphasis in bold and big red letters so that it suddenly looks like a circus announcement or an outdoor revival pamphlet. The entire post is right there, and as I mentioned, just highlighting it with the mouse makes the 'faded' part jump out and actually be more noticeable than the bit that only appears to have been emphasized.

Indeed, when I do it, it is my attempt to insure that NO alteration is done to the original; there it is. It also astounds me that any poster here who knows enough to change the font size, style and color of his or her OWN...and the quotes from other...posts can be so upset because those who answer him or her are so careful NOT to elide or take anything out of context when replying to his or her posts.

Ah, well. As I said, just run your mouse over any change in font color, and highlighting it will make it easier to read. This is especially true of fonts that have been changed to pale, or white; highlighting THEM with your mouse turns them very, very easy to read.

(grin) Just ask any kid who needs help on a gaming forum. It's how the 'pros' disguise spoilers, by making the fonts white on white. You can't see the spoilers unless you run your mouse over them, but if you do, there they are; popping right up. In HERE those posts aren't even made white on white, but just faded back a bit.

Ah, well.
                              "I have the Book, and if Jesus Christ himself came down and told me that there was something incorrect in this Book, I would turn my back on him and hold to the book" (televangelist while hugging a copy of the bible to his chest)

Comment

We could all learn something from Lynn and her gentle spirit and attitude.
                                While I agree with your premise, the difference between her book and CARM is that in writing a book, there is no one taking daily pot shots or cheap shots at you as you seek to make your points in a logical fashion.

disclaimer: no LDS people were mentioned by name, nor harmed in that statement above.
                                MY FOUR APOLOGETIC AXIOMS

1. Any verse ripped from its context is a pretext 100% of the time

2. We attack lies so others will see the truth; that is proof of our love for all cultists, not our hatred .

3. Inconsistency is a tiny hobgoblin haunting every cult

4. "Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities. Voltaire

Comment

Working...
                                X