Announcement

Collapse

Message to all users:

Edited to add more information for posters:

https://carm.org/forum-rules

Super Member Subscription
https://carm.org/carm-super-members-banner-ad-signup

As most of you are aware, we had a crash to forums and were down for over two days. We did have to do an upgrade to the vbulletin software to fix the forums and that has created changes, VB no longer provide the hybrid or threaded forums. There are some issues/changes to the forums we are not able to fix or change. Also note the link address change, please let friends and posters know of the changed link to the forums. For now this is the only link available, https://forums.carm.org/vb5/ but if clicking on forum on carm.org homepage it will now send you to this link. (edited to add https: now working.

Again, we are working through some of the posting and viewing issues to learn how to post with the changes, you will have to check and test the different features, icons that have changed. You may also want to go to profile settings,since many of the notifications, information in profile, also to update/edit your avatar by clicking on avatar space, pull down arrow next to login for user settings.

Edit to add "How to read forums, to make it easier."
Pull down arrow next to login name upper right select profile, or user settings when page opens to profile,select link in tab that says Account. Then select/choose options, go down to Conversation Detail Options, Select Display mode Posts, NOT Activity, that selection of Posts will make the pages of discussions go to last post on last page rather than out of order that happens if you choose activity threads. Then be sure to go to bottom and select SAVE Changes in your profile options. You can then follow discussions by going through the pages, to the last page having latest responses. Then click on the other links Privacy, Notifications, to select viewing options,the forums get easier if you open all the tabs or links in your profile, user settings and select options. To join Super Member, pull down arrow next to login name, select User Settings and then click on tab/link at top that says Subscriptions.

Thank you for your patience and God Bless.

Diane S
https://carm.org/forum-rules
See more
See less

Joseph Smith is MORE important in Mormonism than Jesus

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by JustaLurker View Post

Whe y'all are that outrageous you can expect us to get that outraged.
    But aren't "y'all" *(poor English which they don't use in Missouri) supposed to be the regenerated gods to be?
    Christian scholar John MacArthur about Mormonism: “Mormonism is wrong in epic proportions.”

Comment

• Originally posted by JustaLurker View Post

We see what y'all show us. We see bitterness, hatred, loathing. We see dishonesty. We see people who gleefully jump on any Mormon imperfection. We see people who strive mightily to dismiss and diminish any Mormon accomplishment while embellishing and inventing accomplishments of their own.

And we see a great deal of fear.
      Ignored since Mormon altered quote. Y'all.
      Christian scholar John MacArthur about Mormonism: “Mormonism is wrong in epic proportions.”

Comment

• Now this thread is about what? Attacking Christians? Learning how to speak correctly? Or is it about how Mormons demote Jesus to the equal of Joey Smith, and even exalt Joey Smith above Jesus? Mormons here are cowardly trying to avoid the obvious.

Comment

• Originally posted by Catherine Aurelia View Post

Ignored since Mormon altered quote. Y'all.
          Nonsense. It was ignored because you had no choice but to ignore it. How else could you have responded?

Comment

• Originally posted by Father_JD View Post
            Always playing the Mormon victim card, eh, Jeff?
            It gets old doesn't it. I couldn't stand being around a perpetual victim.

Comment

But aren't "y'all" *(poor English which they don't use in Missouri) supposed to be the regenerated gods to be?
              Deflect, "LOOK, there's a Squirrel!" in the hope that if you bring something in that is completely unrelated to the topic in the hope that the readers will follow your stinky red herring.

Tell me, Catherine Aurelia, how does your opinion regarding our beliefs relate to anything being discussed in here? EDIT PER MOD

(shrug)

You can attempt to defend your actions and words in any way you wish, and those who agree with you will defend you as well. I will simply let your own words condemn, or justify, you, I won't ever be able to change your mind or your heart.
              Last edited by 4Him; 07-18-17, 05:16 PM.
              "I have the Book, and if Jesus Christ himself came down and told me that there was something incorrect in this Book, I would turn my back on him and hold to the book" (televangelist while hugging a copy of the bible to his chest)

Comment

• Originally posted by dianaiad View Post

Deflect, "LOOK, there's a Squirrel!" in the hope that if you bring something in that is completely unrelated to the topic in the hope that the readers will follow your stinky red herring.

Tell me, Catherine Aurelia, how does your opinion regarding our beliefs relate to anything being discussed in here? EDIT

(shrug)

You can attempt to defend your actions and words in any way you wish, and those who agree with you will defend you as well. I will simply let your own words condemn, or justify, you, I won't ever be able to change your mind or your heart.
                How about these Mormon quotes about Joey the Pedophile Smith:
                "Come on! ye prosecutors! ye false swearers! All hell, boil over! Ye burning mountains, roll down your lava! for I will come out on top at last. I have more to boast of than ever any man had. I am the only man that has ever been able to keep a whole church together since the days of Adam. A large majority of the whole have stood by me. Neither Paul, John, Peter, nor Jesus ever did it. I boast that no man ever did such a work as I. The followers of Jesus ran away from Him; but the Latter-day Saints never ran away from me yet...When they can get rid of me, the devil will also go." (Joseph Smith, History of the Church, Vol. 6, p. 408, 409)

"If we get our salvation, we shall have to pass by him [Joseph Smith]; if we enter our glory, it will be through the authority he has received. We cannot get around him [Joseph Smith]" Apostle George Q. Cannon, as quoted in 1988 Melchizedek Priesthood Study Guide, p. 142

"Whosoever... does not confess that God has sent Joseph Smith, and revealed the everlasting Gospel to and through him, is of Antichrist...," Brigham Young, Journal of Discourses, Vol. 8, p. 176

[There is] "no salvation without accepting Joseph Smith. If Joseph Smith was verily a prophet, and if he told the truth...no man can reject that testimony without incurring the most dreadful consequences, for he cannot enter the kingdom of God" Joseph Fielding Smith, Doctrines of Salvation, vol. 1, p.190

"No man or woman in this dispensation will ever enter into the celestial kingdom of God without the consent of Joseph Smith...every man and woman must have the certificate of Joseph Smith, junior, as a passport to their entrance into the mansion where God and Christ are... [Joseph Smith] reigns there as supreme a being in his sphere, capacity, and calling, as God does in heaven. Many will exclaim–"Oh, that is very disagreeable! It is preposterous! We cannot bear the thought!" But it is true." Brigham Young, Journal of Discourses, vol. 7, p.289-91

"He that confesseth not that Jesus has come in the flesh and sent Joseph Smith with the fullness of the Gospel to this generation, is not of God, but is anti-christ" Brigham Young, Journal of Discourses, vol. 9, p.312

"It is because the Lord called Joseph Smith that salvation is again available to mortal men.... If it had not been for Joseph Smith and the restoration, there would be no salvation," Bruce McConkie, Mormon Doctrine, p. 396, 670

"I tell you, Joseph holds the keys, and none of us can get into the celestial kingdom without passing by him. We have not got rid of him, but he stands there as the sentinel, holding the keys of the kingdom of God; and there are many of them beside him. I tell you, if we get past those who have mingled with us, and know us best, and have a right to know us best, probably we can pass all other sentinels as far as it is necessary, or as far as we may desire. But I tell you, the pinch will be with those that have mingled with us, stood next to us, weighed our spirits, tried us, and proven us: there will be a pinch, in my view, to get past them. The others, perhaps, will say, If brother Joseph is satisfied with you, you may pass. If it is all right with him, it is all right with me. Then if Joseph shall say to a man, or if brother Brigham say to a man, I forgive you your sins, "Whosoever sins ye remit they are remitted unto them;" if you who have suffered and felt the weight of transgression–if you have generosity enough to forgive the sinner, I will forgive him: you cannot have more generosity than I have. I have given you power to forgive sins, and when the Lord gives a gift, he does not take it back again." Orson Hyde, Journal of Discourses, Vol. 6, p.154-155

"You call us fools; but the day will be, gentlemen and ladies, whether you belong to this Church or not, when you will prize brother Joseph Smith as the Prophet of the Living God, and look upon him as a God, and also upon Brigham Young, our Governor” Heber C. Kimball, Journal of Discourses, Vol. 5, p. 88

"It is to be feared that in course of a century, some gifted man like Paul, some splendid orator, who will be able by his eloquence to attract crowds of the thousands who are ever ready to hear, and be carried away by, the sounding brass and tinkling cymbal of sparkling oratory, may command a hearing, may succeed in breathing a new life into this modern Mahometanism, and make the name of the martyred Joseph ring as loud, and stir the souls of men as much, as the mighty name of Christ itself. Sharon, Palmyra, Manchester, Kirtland, Far West, Adam-ondi-Ahman, Ramus. Nauvoo, and the Carthage Jail, may become holy and venerable names, places of classic interest, in another age; like Jerusalem, the Garden of Gethsemane, the Mount of Olives, and Mount Calvary to the Christian, and Mecca and Medina to the Turk." Brigham Young, History of the Church, Vol. 7, p.40-4

So, dianaiad, don't try to SQUIRREL out of answering. Tell us if you agree with these antichrist quotes above.

You can complain and make personal charges all you want - we will no longer address them. Stick to the topic or don't answer.

PS: "Y'all" is not a typo, it's an idom used by those who try to pretend they're from the South. Used for affect.
                Last edited by 4Him; 07-18-17, 05:17 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by dianaiad View Post

edit/rule violation

edit
                  OK.

Jesus did NOT insult those who did not share His beliefs. Indeed, He used a SAMARITAN, a man who was viewed as 'other' and considerably less than, Jews to illustrate what a good neighbor is. He did not castigate the Roman Centurian who asked Him to heal his servant. Although He traded puns with her, He did not lambast the Cannanite woman whose daughter He healed. He didn't rake the Samaritan leper He healed--you know the one--the only one of ten who said "Thank you?"

No, Jesus reserved His strongest words for those of His own beliefs; the Pharisees who were hypocrites; who picked and chose among the laws the Jews were given to follow, and who obeyed the form, but not the spirit, of those. "Whited Sephulcher" was never aimed at those He wished to convert to Him. They were used for those who were supposed to already have been 'converted,' or have the truth, but who were hypocrites.

So in order for critics to use Jesus' example as permission to be as nasty as they are in here, they would have to acknowledge us as CHRISTIANS who have the truth, but are acting as hypocrites. That would be a problem. The thing is, y'all have put us in the place of the Samaritans...or in the place of the pagans, and Jesus did NOT speak to them as He spoke to those who were supposed to share His beliefs.

Then of course there is this: you are not Jesus, and frankly? I didn't see ANY language used by Him that comes close to the sheer nastiness critics use in here.

As for truth...well, truth doesn't need to be clad in nastiness, now, does it?

How does....hmnn....something like this serve the cause of truth?

How DOES giving high fives and giggling approval when someone comes up with a particularly nasty insult serve 'truth?" I say...it does not.

...............and if you can't see the difference between what is said in here by the critics and truth...try this as an example:

"Joseph Smith was a false prophet, and your ideas and beliefs are wrong. You should believe this instead (provide list or examples) and this is why (provide scripture and/or other substantive arguments)"

As opposed to "Mormons are baby killers, pedophile followers, traitors, Satanists and they are all going to hell because they are liars, greedy materialistic sexual deviants who march to every word uttered by their leaders while they all go off half cocked and believe whatever they want to." ....and conveniently forget to give the list of beliefs that we should have instead.

And yes, JD, these things are said to and about us frequently in here. Worse....and YOU, dear sir, laugh and applaud the more inventive insults.

So there is truth...and there is insult.

Or to bring it down to simplicity: one can tell one's wife that she would look REALLY good in that pretty red dress she just bought, OR one can tell her that the black thing she's wearing makes her look like death warmed over. They are both truth, and they are both truth that address the same thing; she'd look better in the red dress.

Now which statement is more likely to get her to change...and keep you off the couch?

The critics are not here to serve truth, or to tell US truth. They are here to play games and insult others with impunity because they don't think we are real people, or worth consideration. They are not here to help any Mormon OR to help anybody looking into Mormonism. They are here because insulting people on an internet forum, especially people they can convince themselves aren't 'real people' because of course they are hellbound anyway, is fun and a good game--and they believe that they can get away with it because, well, they are "Christians" and God will forgive them--has already forgiven them--for anything and everything. Free reign to be nasty, in other words.

OK, end of 'assumption for the sake of argument."

the critics in here don't have the truth, so they can't even argue that.
                  The only games I see being played are by Mormons, first and foremost. Diversionary tactics, ad homs, irrelevant criticism of the poster's posting style. In addition to this, multiple cases of equivocation of arguments. Mormons play a deceptive and dishonest game and then don't like it when Christians call them out on it. And then there's the Mormon proclivity of playing the "victim" card...again, just what you've done here. Btw, tired of whining? Yet?? Ever going to stop your belly-aching, D?

I will only speak for myself, because I am here to serve truth and am telling you the truth, having been born and raised in the Mormon CULT...oh, sorry...did that hurt your feelings like everything else here? Here's a bit of theology of which you're not aware. ALL people ARE hellbound...without the saving GRACE of the REAL Christ.

So despite your hurt feelings, I'm here to tell you that several LDS on this forum have left the Mormon church despite anyone's JUDGMENT regarding our being such meanies, etc.

Because here's another tid-bit you do NOT understand: God is redeeming His Elect, regardless of "style" of witnessing.

I wish I had encountered Christians back in SLC growing up who would have told me the TRUTH, whether "lovingly"...or NOT...

Da Faddah

Comment

It gets old doesn't it. I couldn't stand being around a perpetual victim.
                    The feeling of LDS being "victims" is inculcated gradually over many years of indoctrination. To be sure, it's usually subtle, but ultimately it's successful in the Mormon psyche to help shelter and protect the very insecure "testimony" of LDS.
                    Da Faddah

Comment

The only games I see being played are by Mormons, first and foremost. Diversionary tactics, ad homs, irrelevant criticism of the poster's posting style. In addition to this, multiple cases of equivocation of arguments. Mormons play a deceptive and dishonest game and then don't like it when Christians call them out on it. And then there's the Mormon proclivity of playing the "victim" card...again, just what you've done here. Btw, tired of whining? Yet?? Ever going to stop your belly-aching, D?

I will only speak for myself, because I am here to serve truth and am telling you the truth, having been born and raised in the Mormon CULT...oh, sorry...did that hurt your feelings like everything else here? Here's a bit of theology of which you're not aware. ALL people ARE hellbound...without the saving GRACE of the REAL Christ.

So despite your hurt feelings, I'm here to tell you that several LDS on this forum have left the Mormon church despite anyone's JUDGMENT regarding our being such meanies, etc.

Because here's another tid-bit you do NOT understand: God is redeeming His Elect, regardless of "style" of witnessing.

I wish I had encountered Christians back in SLC growing up who would have told me the TRUTH, whether "lovingly"...or NOT...
                      It never feels loving when they're telling you something you don't want to hear. Even if you know they're right.
                      There is life, truth and joy after mormonism. Just stay close to Christ.
                      You can't follow Christ and false prophets at the same time.
                      "Be still and know that I am God." ~ Psalm 46:10

Comment

You know, now I praise the Lord for those faithful evangelical Christians who straightened me out about works vs. grace before I was saved. At the time I thought they were Bible thumpers and "fundies." Now I know they had the guts to tell me the truth, and force me to the Bible for answers.

Comment

You know, now I praise the Lord for those faithful evangelical Christians who straightened me out about works vs. grace before I was saved. At the time I thought they were Bible thumpers and "fundies." Now I know they had the guts to tell me the truth, and force me to the Bible for answers.
                          Reminds me of Hebrews 8...for I believe God can sometimes chastise His Elect, even before coming to faith by existing believers.
                          Da Faddah

Comment

• Originally posted by Magdalena View Post

It never feels loving when they're telling you something you don't want to hear. Even if you know they're right.
                            I tried resisting embracing Jesus as Lord (which of course didn't work...He WILL bring to faith those whom He chooses to Eternal Life) even though I knew the Christians who were witnessing to me were right...I didn't want to hear it either. (Note to Jeff: This was concurrent with my reading of the Bible which convinced me Mormonism was a lie)
                            Da Faddah

Comment

Reminds me of Hebrews 8...for I believe God can sometimes chastise His Elect, even before coming to faith by existing believers.
                              I agree. And it was also when I really began studying the Bible that I realized they were right.

Comment

The complaints about abuse generally stop when the abuse stops.

Not before.

Comment

Working...
                                X