Announcement

Collapse

Message to all users:

Edited to add more information for posters:

https://carm.org/forum-rules

Super Member Subscription
https://carm.org/carm-super-members-banner-ad-signup

As most of you are aware, we had a crash to forums and were down for over two days. We did have to do an upgrade to the vbulletin software to fix the forums and that has created changes, VB no longer provide the hybrid or threaded forums. There are some issues/changes to the forums we are not able to fix or change. Also note the link address change, please let friends and posters know of the changed link to the forums. For now this is the only link available, https://forums.carm.org/vb5/ but if clicking on forum on carm.org homepage it will now send you to this link. (edited to add https: now working.

Again, we are working through some of the posting and viewing issues to learn how to post with the changes, you will have to check and test the different features, icons that have changed. You may also want to go to profile settings,since many of the notifications, information in profile, also to update/edit your avatar by clicking on avatar space, pull down arrow next to login for user settings.

Edit to add "How to read forums, to make it easier."
Pull down arrow next to login name upper right select profile, or user settings when page opens to profile,select link in tab that says Account. Then select/choose options, go down to Conversation Detail Options, Select Display mode Posts, NOT Activity, that selection of Posts will make the pages of discussions go to last post on last page rather than out of order that happens if you choose activity threads. Then be sure to go to bottom and select SAVE Changes in your profile options. You can then follow discussions by going through the pages, to the last page having latest responses. Then click on the other links Privacy, Notifications, to select viewing options,the forums get easier if you open all the tabs or links in your profile, user settings and select options. To join Super Member, pull down arrow next to login name, select User Settings and then click on tab/link at top that says Subscriptions.

Thank you for your patience and God Bless.

Diane S
https://carm.org/forum-rules
See more
See less

The Virgin Mary was no Virgin according to Mormons!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by dianaiad View Post
    but how....revealing...that you would use an honest admission of fault and an apology as an excuse for a personal attack.

"An honest admission of fault"?

Let's see... Ralf was claiming you were "bright", and ACCURATE.
    Your behaviour (and subsequent "admission of fault") proves that you WEREN'T "accurate".

Just as your FALSE claim of the definition of "parthenos" proves that you WEREN'T "accurate".

Just as your FALSE claim that we allegedly believe repentance is "one and done" (who were you quoting?!) proves that you WEREN'T "accurate".

Just as your FALSE claim that we allegedly believe that one can continue to sin and still be saved proves that you WEREN'T "accurate".

Just as your FALSE claim that we allegedly believe that we can ignore the commandments proves that you WEREN'T "accurate".

"An apology"?

You mean that post that you where you simultaneously CLAIMED to owe me an apology, but yet in the EXACT SAME POST you falsely accused me of holding to a "double standard"?

Obviously you have NO CLUE what an "apology" actually IS.
    Last edited by Mod8; 08-12-17, 11:23 PM. Reason: No violation Poster was responding to the taunt of another poster
    "We are not to understand the other side; we are to discuss to expound the truth." -- A misguided apologist
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------
    "The Law is a storm which wrecks your hopes of self-salvation,
    but washes you upon the Rock of Ages."
    -- Charles Haddon Spurgeon

Comment

Originally posted by Craig View Post
      Dear Readers,

You should know that the OP is a deliberate falsehood. Mormonism explicitly affirms that Mary was a virgin when Jesus Christ was born.
      The proof has been provided - see the quotes by your leaders. I' afraid we know more about Mormonism than Mormons do.
      Christian scholar John MacArthur about Mormonism: “Mormonism is wrong in epic proportions.”

Comment

Mary clearly says to the Angel Gabriel that she has never "known" a man - in other words, that she was a Virgin.
        Christian scholar John MacArthur about Mormonism: “Mormonism is wrong in epic proportions.”

Comment

Originally posted by Catherine Aurelia View Post
          The proof has been provided - see the quotes by your leaders. I' afraid we know more about Mormonism than Mormons do.
          The astute reader will note that her "proof" consists of:

1. An anti -Mormon "ministry," and
          2. A YouTube video.

Neither is an authoritative source of doctrine in Mormonism.

Comment

Originally posted by Craig View Post
            The astute reader will note that her "proof" consists of:

1. An anti -Mormon "ministry," and
            I'm curious as to why you put a space between "anti" and "-Mormon".
            It seems incredibly artificial, novel, and unorthodox.

Isn't it amazing that Mormons apparently think they can constantly disobey authorities and still be saved?
            "We are not to understand the other side; we are to discuss to expound the truth." -- A misguided apologist

Comment

Originally posted by Theo1689 View Post

Isn't it amazing that Mormons apparently think they can constantly disobey authorities and still be saved?
              Because the board decided to erase the other. ************ ...... anti Mormon.

Comment

Originally posted by JustaLurker View Post

Because the board decided to erase the other. ************ ...... anti Mormon.
                So are you saying that the addition of the space is intended to break the rules by getting around the rules?

Doesn't that simply CONFIRM my observation that Mormons believe they can constantly disobey authorities and still be saved?

Comment

So are you saying that the addition of the space is intended to break the rules by getting around the rules?

Doesn't that simply CONFIRM my observation that Mormons believe they can constantly disobey authorities and still be saved?
                  I saw nothing in the rules about the use of anti connected with Mormon regardless of the character used to connect them. I did see proscriptions on vulgarity and demeaning statements about the Lord. I also note that the word support had to be reworked into sup-port for the longest time. I assume these are simply the vagaries of programming.

Comment

Wanna know what's REALLY weird? When anti Mormons use the phrase "ANTI-CHRISTIAN" to attack LDS people, the posts apparently don't get auto-censored.

Maybe it's a glitch in the software. Yeah, that's probably the explanation.

Isn't it amazing how SOME (at least one) anti Mormons think that LDS people must obey authorities in some internet forum in order to be saved??/

Not even CALVIN taught something THAT wacky...
                    "PWCSLWRTIMSL"="PeopleWhoCSLewisWasReferringToInMy SignatureLine"
                    ..whenever a person's religious conversation dwells..even frequently on the faults of other people's religions, he is in a bad condition-C.S. Lewis

Comment

I saw nothing in the rules about the use of anti connected with Mormon regardless of the character used to connect them. I did see proscriptions on vulgarity and demeaning statements about the Lord. I also note that the word support had to be reworked into sup-port for the longest time. I assume these are simply the vagaries of programming.
                      You assume incorrectly. And vulgarities are especially seen as obnoxious, especially when applied to Christian beliefs or symbols. For instance, calling the Trinity a nasty name would be an example.

Comment

How about this LURKER, do you agree with Brigham's statement here:

"“The Father came down and begat him, the same as we do now…” (The Complete Discourses of Brigham Young, vol. 1, p. 321; February 16, 1849, Salt Lake City)"

Comment

You assume incorrectly. And vulgarities are especially seen as obnoxious, especially when applied to Christian beliefs or symbols. For instance, calling the Trinity a nasty name would be an example.
                          I don't know any nasty names for the trinity.

However I did re-read the rules and telling you that I disagree with the trinitarian doctrine is perfectly acceptable. I don't think that God and His Son and the Holy Ghost are homeostatic and I don't think the Bible supports that idea. I understand that trinitarians see the Three as individuals just as Mormons do but I don't think that individuality can be sufficiently suppressed or ignored to end up with the Trinity without destroying them as individuals. If one maintains the individuality of each of the three that destroys the Trinity doctrine.

And I believe this is born out by scripture. In every instance in the Bible each of the Three are treated individually. They interact with each other as individuals, the Savior praying to His Father, sending the Holy Spirit, subjecting Himself to the will of the Father. The only bible verses that can possibly lead to a trinitarian point of view are descriptions like "I and the Father are one" (as opposed to events like hearing the voice of the Father at the baptism of His Son) that can be taken either literally or figuratively. The choice to take them literally seems extremely silly.

Then to turn around and take figuratively verses that appear perfectly literal also seems pretty silly. "Ye are the offspring of God." "I am ascending to my Father and your Father, to my God and your God." "Wherefore thou art no more a servant, but a son; and if a son, then an heir of God through Christ."

Comment

How about this LURKER, do you agree with Brigham's statement here:

"“The Father came down and begat him, the same as we do now…” (The Complete Discourses of Brigham Young, vol. 1, p. 321; February 16, 1849, Salt Lake City)"
                            It doesn't matter whether or not I agree. That is Mormon doctrine.

According to Mormonism Jesus is the Son of the Father, not the Holy Ghost, which is the extent of our doctrine. We have no doctrine that declares how Jesus was conceived just like we have no doctrine that explains how Adam was formed. We know how people beget offspring. We have no idea how God did it other than that He did it like He does all miracles, in accordance to and with an understanding of natural law that we haven't yet mastered. When Jesus entered the locked upper room or when he was seen ascending up to heaven those actions didn't violate natural law. They simply obeyed natural law in ways we haven't learned to yet.

Just a note: none of y'all know how Adam was formed so please don't respond "formed out of the dust of the earth!". That tells you what material was used, not how it was done. "By the word of God!" Again, that tells you who did it, not how. If you claim to know how I'm gonna ask you to do it, to show us you know how.

Comment

According to Mormonism Jesus is the Son of the Father, not the Holy Ghost, which is the extent of our doctrine. ...
                              Excellent rebuttal. That is the way to shut the antis down, since they "claim" that this forum is for discussing the doctrines of the LDS church, so teaching them the extent of the LDS church's doctrine on a subject should -- SHOULD--satisfy them....IF they are okay with the fact that this forum is for discussing the doctrines of the LDS church .
                              "PWCSLWRTIMSL"="PeopleWhoCSLewisWasReferringToInMy SignatureLine"
                              ..whenever a person's religious conversation dwells..even frequently on the faults of other people's religions, he is in a bad condition-C.S. Lewis

Comment

Working...
                              X