Announcement

Collapse

Message to all users:

Edited to add more information for posters:

https://carm.org/forum-rules

Super Member Subscription
https://carm.org/carm-super-members-banner-ad-signup

As most of you are aware, we had a crash to forums and were down for over two days. We did have to do an upgrade to the vbulletin software to fix the forums and that has created changes, VB no longer provide the hybrid or threaded forums. There are some issues/changes to the forums we are not able to fix or change. Also note the link address change, please let friends and posters know of the changed link to the forums. For now this is the only link available, https://forums.carm.org/vb5/ but if clicking on forum on carm.org homepage it will now send you to this link. (edited to add https: now working.

Again, we are working through some of the posting and viewing issues to learn how to post with the changes, you will have to check and test the different features, icons that have changed. You may also want to go to profile settings,since many of the notifications, information in profile, also to update/edit your avatar by clicking on avatar space, pull down arrow next to login for user settings.

Edit to add "How to read forums, to make it easier."
Pull down arrow next to login name upper right select profile, or user settings when page opens to profile,select link in tab that says Account. Then select/choose options, go down to Conversation Detail Options, Select Display mode Posts, NOT Activity, that selection of Posts will make the pages of discussions go to last post on last page rather than out of order that happens if you choose activity threads. Then be sure to go to bottom and select SAVE Changes in your profile options. You can then follow discussions by going through the pages, to the last page having latest responses. Then click on the other links Privacy, Notifications, to select viewing options,the forums get easier if you open all the tabs or links in your profile, user settings and select options. To join Super Member, pull down arrow next to login name, select User Settings and then click on tab/link at top that says Subscriptions.

Thank you for your patience and God Bless.

Diane S
https://carm.org/forum-rules
See more
See less

Is There Really Sex Among the Mormon "gods?"

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is There Really Sex Among the Mormon "gods?"

Brigham Young: “He [God] created man, as we create our children; for there is no other process of creation in heaven, on the earth, in the earth, or under the earth, or in all the eternities, that is, that were, or that ever will be” [Journal of Discourses 11:122]

Question for Mormons: What is Brigham teaching here?
    Christian scholar John MacArthur about Mormonism: “Mormonism is wrong in epic proportions.”

Originally posted by Catherine Aurelia View Post
    Brigham Young: “He [God] created man, as we create our children; for there is no other process of creation in heaven, on the earth, in the earth, or under the earth, or in all the eternities, that is, that were, or that ever will be” [Journal of Discourses 11:122]

How did Mary stay a virgin even after God the Father is consider the Literal Father in Heaven of Jesus Christ in the Flesh??? you Christians won't and don't have a answer for that when you accuse us of teaching Father has sex with Mary... I dunno... hmmm
    A fool uttereth all his mind: but a wise man keepeth it in till afterwards. Proverbs

Comment

Originally posted by Ralf View Post

How did Mary stay a virgin even after God the Father is consider the Literal Father in Heaven of Jesus Christ in the Flesh??? you Christians won't and don't have a answer for that when you accuse us of teaching Father has sex with Mary... I dunno... hmmm
      I don't believe that Mary was forever a Virgin. Why would I since Joseph "knew her" after Jesus was born. But this thread is about sex among the gods you Mormons have - a lusty bunch of deities if you ask me.
      Christian scholar John MacArthur about Mormonism: “Mormonism is wrong in epic proportions.”

Comment

I don't believe that Mary was forever a Virgin. Why would I since Joseph "knew her" after Jesus was born. But this thread is about sex among the gods you Mormons have - a lusty bunch of deities if you ask me.
        No, it’s not. That is what the title of the OP says but you wrote the OP, not just the title. And there is nothing within the OP (excepting the title) that makes any mention of sex in any way. Nor does the OP talk about Gods. Only one God is mentioned.

Comment

Not really looking for a answer CA...just putting this out for the visitors, guest and lurkers who may run across Christian posting false doctrine about God and Mary...hmmm Luke 1:34–38

34 And Mary said to the angel, “How will this be, since I am a virgin?”

So again folks... The Christians won't and don't have a answer for that when they accuse us of teaching Father has sex with Mary... I dunno... hmmm
          A fool uttereth all his mind: but a wise man keepeth it in till afterwards. Proverbs

Comment

You fell for their darn DERAIL.

First of all the Bible is explicit is saying that there are no other gods, so your question is a hypothetical.

Second if it were the case, then since the FACTUAL histories of both JS & BY reveal both polygamy and polyandry SWINGERS, by definition, then "Mormo-heaven" would also be filled with MORMO-SWINGERS , and given today's sexual climate, plus the greater numbers of women in the polygamous relationships, there would also be much lesbian sexual activity. You gotta keep all those women happy, you know

But since there is no such thing as other gods, nor "Mormo-Heaven" all this is just conjecture.

You see that is as real as someone discovering the relationship between Popeye, Olive Oyl and Brutus, Daisy Duck and Minnie Mouse, or the gender of Peter Pan. If it is not real, it does not matter.
            Last edited by john t; 10-12-17, 05:29 PM.
            MY FOUR APOLOGETIC AXIOMS

1. Any verse ripped from its context is a pretext 100% of the time

2. We attack lies so others will see the truth; that is proof of our love for all cultists, not our hatred .

3. Inconsistency is a tiny hobgoblin haunting every cult

4. "Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities. Voltaire

Comment

Originally posted by JustaLurker View Post

No, it’s not. That is what the title of the OP says but you wrote the OP, not just the title. And there is nothing within the OP (excepting the title) that makes any mention of sex in any way. Nor does the OP talk about Gods. Only one God is mentioned.
              Then what is Bring'em young saying?

Comment

Originally posted by john t View Post

You fell for their darn DERAIL.

First of all the Bible is explicit is saying that there are no other gods, so your question is a hypothetical.

Second if it were the case, then since the FACTUAL histories of both JS & BY reveal both polygamy and polyandry SWINGERS, by definition, then "Mormo-heaven" would also be filled with MORMO-SWINGERS , and given today's sexual climate, plus the greater numbers of women in the polygamous relationships, there would also be much lesbian sexual activity. You gotta keep all those women happy, you know

But since there is no such thing as other gods, nor "Mormo-Heaven" all this is just conjecture.

You see that is as real as someone discovering the relationship between Popeye, Olive Oyl and Brutus, Daisy Duck and Minnie Mouse, or the gender of Peter Pan. If it is not real, it does not matter.
                I know there are no "gods." I'm talking about what these Mormons here want to cover up.

Comment

Not really looking for a answer CA...just putting this out for the visitors, guest and lurkers who may run across Christian posting false doctrine about God and Mary...hmmm Luke 1:34–38

34 And Mary said to the angel, “How will this be, since I am a virgin?”

So again folks... The Christians won't and don't have a answer for that when they accuse us of teaching Father has sex with Mary... I dunno... hmmm
                  Mary is not a goddess is she? I'm talking about your cult's gods and goddesses? If you get to be a god will you be procreating spirit babies, Ralf................Chuckles?

Comment

Mary is not a goddess is she? I'm talking about your cult's gods and goddesses? If you get to be a god will you be procreating spirit babies, Ralf................Chuckles?
                    You tell me... both you and Bonnie claim you know Mormon Doctrine better then we do....

Comment

You tell me... both you and Bonnie claim you know Mormon Doctrine better then we do....
                      edit/divisive believe I know the history and doctrine of your cult far better than any Mormon here.

By the way, I'm not going to play: MORMON DERAILING
                      Last edited by CARM Admin; 10-12-17, 09:12 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Ralf

Then why take the time to post me this... seems you at least read my posts... chuckle.. by the way CA... I post to the guest, visitors and lurkers so they can decide for themselves the truth of the wild claims that are made here at CARM... enemies of the Church only have one source... that being any one posting lies about Mormons...
                        Answer Paisios.

Comment

Answer Paisios.
                          Awe! you just joined the Greek Church... congratulations...

Comment

No, I am a member of the Anglican Catholic Church. I do not enjoy visiting the Greek orthodox Church.

Comment

He was teaching that sex is the method of procreation used in the eternities. By everyone, whether that be God or resurrected humans. "As we create our children"... that means sex.
                              ~ There is life after mormonism, and it's good! Just stay close to Christ.
                              ~ You can't follow Christ and false prophets at the same time.
                              ~ "Come to Me, all who are weary and heavy-laden, and I will give you rest." Matthew 11:28

Comment

Working...
                              X