Announcement

Collapse

Message to all users:

https://carm.org/forum-rules

Super Member Subscription
https://carm.org/carm-super-members-banner-ad-signup

As most of you are aware, we had a crash to forums and were down for over two days a while back. We did have to do an upgrade to the vbulletin software to fix the forums and that has created changes, VB no longer provide the hybrid or threaded forums. There are some issues/changes to the forums we are not able to fix or change. Also note the link address change, please let friends and posters know of the changed link to the forums. For now this is the only link available, https://forums.carm.org/vb5/ but if clicking on forum on carm.org homepage it will now send you to this link. (edited to add https: now working.

Again, we are working through some of the posting and viewing issues to learn how to post with the changes, you will have to check and test the different features, icons that have changed. You may also want to go to profile settings,since many of the notifications, information in profile, also to update/edit your avatar by clicking on avatar space, pull down arrow next to login for user settings.

Edit to add "How to read forums, to make it easier."
Pull down arrow next to login name upper right select profile, or user settings when page opens to profile,select link in tab that says Account. Then select/choose options, go down to Conversation Detail Options, Select Display mode Posts, NOT Activity, that selection of Posts will make the pages of discussions go to last post on last page rather than out of order that happens if you choose activity threads. Then be sure to go to bottom and select SAVE Changes in your profile options. You can then follow discussions by going through the pages, to the last page having latest responses. Then click on the other links Privacy, Notifications, to select viewing options,the forums get easier if you open all the tabs or links in your profile, user settings and select options. To join Super Member, pull down arrow next to login name, select User Settings and then click on tab/link at top that says Subscriptions.

Thank you for your patience and God Bless.

Diane S
https://carm.org/forum-rules
See more
See less

New Name Noah and Mormon Stories

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Ralf View Post

Obviously spiritually you were not there (Temple) or you have apostatized your testimony for reasons of doubting....
    What normal person wouldn't doubt that Joseph Smith was a prophet when he stalked young girls for sexual favors using his "gospel" as bait?
    Christian scholar John MacArthur about Mormonism: “Mormonism is wrong in epic proportions.”

Comment

• Originally posted by Bonnie View Post

But MY point is, just because someone has a "testimony" doesn't make that "testimony" the truth.
      That's another keeper quote for the files.. Just like the following..
      Originally posted by Bonnie View Post
      One can make claims all one wants to--but that won't make them true.
      Now let see if the critics will remember these the next time they try to use claims and testimonies of various women against Joseph Smith.

I know Jesus Christ is the Savior because of what the Gospels say about Him and what is written of Him, and the HS has enabled me to believe in Him because of that.
      Wait.. you just said a testimony doesn't make something true? The Gospels are merely testimonies.. by largely anonymous sources. And so you are saying that just because someone writes something amazing about someone, you KNOW It to be true. But if a LDS person gives a testimony about something, then it's not true?

And it was MORE than just "revelation" that told the disciples that Jesus is God in the flesh and the Savior....like seeing His miracles and of course, rising from the dead.
      Peter gave his testimony BEFORE he Jesus rose from the dead.. and people experienced miracles from others.. that didn't make them God in the flesh.. Moses parted the red sea.. did that make him God in the flesh? The point then is such is not the basis of the knowledge, but revelation from God.. A testimony from the Holy Spirit as you claimed you received that enabled you to believe in stories about Jesus.. No?

“Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” -- George Carlin

We tolerate no one in our ranks who attacks the ideals of Christianity, our movement is Christian. - Adolf Hitler

Comment

• Originally posted by Magdalena View Post

I don't care what you save of what I post here. There's nothing to hide.

But it was the snarkiness that showed me what the true motive was...

"Darn.

"That's why I have this (now rather extensive) Word file on my desk top. It's not very organized, and it's only about three months old, but it has already proven helpful. I wish you could find that source. I would love to see it....and it would certainly prove helpful in future argum...er, discussions. "

https://forums.carm.org/vb5/forum/cu...-stories/page7

wink, wink
        This is you taking offense where none was intended. That post wasn't even addressed to you. There was no 'snark.' except in your imagination and skin so thin it might as well not be there.
        Any forum member can respond to any post here. When I use "you," it is ALWAYS plural, and does NOT refer to a specific person unless I make that clear by writing 'you (specific name) are an (insert opinion)."

Comment

The Christ Mormons believe in is a false Christ, NOT the one of the Bible.
          that's a false statement.

We are NOT here to build up false faith in a false Christ in a false church,
          Then why do you promote the Christ of the 4th century orthodoxy?

but to expose errors and point to the true Jesus Christ of the Bible and how He alone is the true Savior and He alone saves.
          And since that's the Jesus Christ that Mormons put their faith in and follow.. why are you attacking LDS faith in Christ?

Many, many ex-Mormons left NOT for emotionally-driven reasons, but because they studied the Bible--and/or LDS church history--without their Mormon glasses on and found the truth--and that Mormon doctrines are false.
          ROFL.. seriously.. I haven'f found these so-called ex-Mormons among the anti Mormons here. Yes, there are those who study history and come to a place where they no longer believe.. This is true even more so for Christianity in general.. There is a statistical decline in those that are believing in Christianity period.. So it stands to reasons that some LDS, do study the Bible, Church history without their Mormon glasses and they apply their doubts and method of reasoning consistently.. which usually leads them to being agnostic or atheist.

This is true of my brother , NewNameNoah.. he no longer believes in the LDS faith, but news flash, he no longer believes the Biblical stories either. So despite how my brother is proving himself to be a bit emotionally unstable with his propensity to lie and deceive, he at least is being consistent in his application of reasoning.. something that many so-called ex-Mormons here don't do, but instead exhibit that they are hypocritically double minded.. as it's written - unstable in all their ways.
          “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” -- George Carlin

We tolerate no one in our ranks who attacks the ideals of Christianity, our movement is Christian. - Adolf Hitler

Comment

• Originally posted by dianaiad View Post

This is you taking offense where none was intended. That post wasn't even addressed to you. There was no 'snark.' except in your imagination and skin so thin it might as well not be there.
            I'm done. I wish you the best.
            ~ There is life after mormonism, and it's good! Just stay close to Christ.
            ~ You can't follow Christ and false prophets at the same time.
            ~ "Come to Me, all who are weary and heavy-laden, and I will give you rest." Matthew 11:28

Comment

• Originally posted by Magdalena View Post

Mistakes of men? That's funny. They were false prophets. Putting that kind of sick stuff in a temple ceremony was just evil.

Yep sick stuff right out of the Bible... chuckle.
              Psalm 12:3
              The LORD shall cut off all flattering lips, and the tongue that speaketh proud things:
              A fool uttereth all his mind: but a wise man keepeth it in till afterwards. Proverbs

Comment

• Originally posted by Catherine Aurelia View Post

What normal person wouldn't doubt that Joseph Smith was a prophet when he stalked young girls for sexual favors using his "gospel" as bait?
                And there you go folks...someone who claims they never change the topic.... hmmm
                A fool uttereth all his mind: but a wise man keepeth it in till afterwards. Proverbs

Comment

And you have a "testimony" of Satan's brother.
                  I know that he exists... and you? do you only rely on the Bible as your evidence... chuckle.
                  You are telling me that you have never witnessed evil...hmmm

Comment

And all false doctrines are lies and originate with the father of lies.
                    Does that apply to faith alone theology?

James 2:17-26---King James Version (KJV)
                    17 Even so faith, if it hath not works, is dead, being alone.
                    18 Yea, a man may say, Thou hast faith, and I have works: shew me thy faith without thy works, and I will shew thee my faith by my works.
                    19 Thou believest that there is one God; thou doest well: the devils also believe, and tremble.
                    20 But wilt thou know, O vain man, that faith without works is dead?
                    21 Was not Abraham our father justified by works, when he had offered Isaac his son upon the altar?
                    22 Seest thou how faith wrought with his works, and by works was faith made perfect?
                    23 And the scripture was fulfilled which saith, Abraham believed God, and it was imputed unto him for righteousness: and he was called the Friend of God.
                    24 Ye see then how that by works a man is justified, and not by faith only.
                    25 Likewise also was not Rahab the harlot justified by works, when she had received the messengers, and had sent them out another way?
                    26 For as the body without the spirit is dead, so faith without works is dead also.

Comment

Oh, we agree with that. The PROBLEM is choosing the church that presents His word most accurately and is most in line with His teachings. Those churches which approve of, and facilitate, the sort of anti behavior we see in here cannot, I believe, have His presence with them....at least, not as a church which teaches of Him. Many, if not most, of the members of that church may have Him with them personally, but in case you haven't noticed, this is the Mormonism forum. The critics in here are attacking the CHURCH, not the believers. AT least that's what they are supposed to be doing, not that many, if not most, of you don't attack the MormonS as viciously as you do the church.
                      It's not about a perfect church. No such thing as One True church. Nor is it about a religion. There's plenty of those.

It's about Christ followers who have faith in him and the cross for their salvation. They make up what is called "the body of Christ." They are a 'priesthood' of Believers. Not a physical priesthood. Christ fulfilled the need for that.

The NT churches were far from perfect. They had problems with sin, squabbles, divisions. But they were still born again Christians.

It is wrong to attack others. But you have to understand when a founder of a religion attacks Christianity, Christians are going to contend for the faith as the scriptures says to. Their methods may be poor, but we are all a work in progress. Most on here are not anti Mormon, but against the religion that makes the audacious claim that we are apostate and only they have the truth..

Comment

• Originally posted by oceancoast View Post

That's another keeper quote for the files.. Just like the following..Now let see if the critics will remember these the next time they try to use claims and testimonies of various women against Joseph Smith.

Wait.. you just said a testimony doesn't make something true? The Gospels are merely testimonies.. by largely anonymous sources. And so you are saying that just because someone writes something amazing about someone, you KNOW It to be true. But if a LDS person gives a testimony about something, then it's not true?

Peter gave his testimony BEFORE he Jesus rose from the dead.. and people experienced miracles from others.. that didn't make them God in the flesh.. Moses parted the red sea.. did that make him God in the flesh? The point then is such is not the basis of the knowledge, but revelation from God.. A testimony from the Holy Spirit as you claimed you received that enabled you to believe in stories about Jesus.. No?

Except there is evidence from several different women that JS had "relations" with them, and that he sometimes used the "angel with a sword" excuse to get some women to marry him, and promised "exaltation" to a girl's whole family if she married him. So, they were not isolated claims. But this is just a diversionary tactic. Won't work. Start another thread on this if you want to discuss it further.

My point was that "testimonies" about God and the Gospel need to be compared to what the Bible actually says. And if someone's 'testimony" contradicts the Bible, then the testimony is false. It is a lie.

As for the Gospels, all were written in the first century, and accepted early on by the early church (though John took a little longer, but was still accepted). They were written within the lifetime of many of the eye witnesses to Jesus and His earthly ministry and resurrection. If the Gospels contained falsehoods, then these eye witnesses would not have accepted them, and neither would the early church, as authoritative. And we DO have FOUR Gospels, not one. As well as epistles written by eye witnesses to Jesus Christ. NOT just one or two isolated epistles.

Sorry, but Mormons judge the Bible by what Joseph Smith told them about it. When it should be the other way around. Even the Bereans checked the Scriptures, to make sure that what Paul was teaching them was the truth--and were called "noble" for doing so. They didn't judge scripture by what Paul said, but judged what Paul taught by what the Scriptures say.

Mormons need to be more like the Bereans.
                        "I am tired of being treated like a mushroom--they keep me in the dark and feed me manure!" (reasons why a Mormon was leaving the LDS church)
                        "What people don't realize is how much religion costs. They think faith is a big electric blanket, when of course, it is the cross."--Flannery O'Connor
                        "I am a Missouri Synod Lutheran--NOT REFORMED/CALVINIST. PLEASE learn the difference."
                        "The truth may hurt for a little while, but a lie hurts forever."--anonymous
                        "If Jesus isn't THE WAY, then there is nothing else."--Bob

Comment

Except there is evidence from several different women that JS had "relations" with them, and that he sometimes used the "angel with a sword" excuse to get some women to marry him, and promised "exaltation" to a girl's whole family if she married him. So, they were not isolated claims. But this is just a diversionary tactic. Won't work. Start another thread on this if you want to discuss it further.
                          They are indeed Isolated claims.. since they do not corroborate one another. edit violation

My point was that "testimonies" about God and the Gospel need to be compared to what the Bible actually says. And if someone's 'testimony" contradicts the Bible, then the testimony is false. It is a lie.
                          That is false on many levels.. First the Bible is subject to your interpretation.. what YOU feel is a contradiction may not be a contradiction at all.. but that even not your biggest problem, as your argument is false and hypocritical to start with because the Bible is full of contradictions, and this concept that if something contradicts it must be a lie, well you then have problems with the whole Bible. As I pointed out to another one of your fellow anti Mormons friends here.. Let start with the begging of the Bible

God in Genesis was powerful enough to render his judgment by himself. When the world was out of order, he made it rain and flooded all but Noah and his family.. then when Sodom and Gomorrah went wicked , he lead Lot and Abraham out of town and destroyed it with fire from heaven.. Then when Abraham's descendants through Jacob were enslaved in Egypt he sent in Moses to perform miracles, and brought plagues down on the Egyptians, even the destroying Angel, then when the Israelites followed the pillar of fire and God parted the sea for them, he drowned the Egyptian army..

Then Moses went up the mountain and came down with a list of commands.. One of those commands was to Love God and Not Kill your neighbor. but then just a few chapters later, this SAME Moses comes and tells these same Israelites, that they were suppose to take a sword and kill their brother, friend and neighbor. So tell me Bonnie, if you were an Israelite at that time... Would you say that Moses after saying God told him to tell you not to Kill, is not contradicting himself when he now say's God say's your suppose to go and kill your brother, neighbor and friend? I mean with friends, brother and neighbors like that who needs enemies.. God no longer seems to be able to take care of his own judgments , he need to enlist the help of the people he just commanded NOT TO KILL..

Of course you are going to say that's just what God wanted.. becasue it's written in the Bible, but the point is if that story was true, then part of the Bible was already written and what Moses was saying later contradicted what was ALREADY in the Bible at that time.. So according to YOUR reasoning here, Moses LIED to the people.

Or possibly YOUR reasoning here is in error. That God sometimes reveals things that don't SQUARE with YOUR interpretation of prior revelation and events.. Such as is manifest with the NT.. Certainly the Christian interpretation of Messianic prophecy does not square with Jewish interpretation. Does that mean Matt , Mark, Luke, John etc were all LYING because what they said was happening contradicted the Bible at that time and how many interpreted it?

As for the Gospels, all were written in the first century, and accepted early on by the early church (though John took a little longer, but was still accepted). They were written within the lifetime of many of the eye witnesses to Jesus and His earthly ministry and resurrection.
                          This is just a BELIEF, not objective truth. We do not have any Gospels written in the 1st century.

If the Gospels contained falsehoods, then these eye witnesses would not have accepted them, and neither would the early church, as authoritative.
                          Again, your biased belief only.. we don't have any Gospel manuscripts written by anyone who could have been an eyewitness. Even if you speculate as we do that they were originally written in the late first century.. they were not written by people who were eyewitnesses or even living close to eye witnesses. They were written by people living in Greece/Turkey area.. NOT Palestine, some 50 years after the fact.

And we DO have FOUR Gospels, not one
                          Three of them are a plagiarism, and the fourth often contradicts the other three.
                          As well as epistles written by eye witnesses to Jesus Christ. NOT just one or two isolated epistles.
                          Since many of the epistle authorship are in question, it's more your biased belief than fact.. Nevertheless, ALL these testimonies come from a group of friends who hold a biased belief.. So the point is you BELIEVE them because they agree with YOUR BIAS.

Sorry, but Mormons judge the Bible by what Joseph Smith told them about it.
                          FALSE.. I do not judge the Bible by what Joseph Smith said.. I judge it by the facts I know about it. By the objective evidence available regarding it. unfortunetly for those who seem to elevate the Bible to a worshiped status, the objective evidence is a bit inconvenient, so they accuse Mormons who point to that evidence as attacking the Bible.. we do no such thing.

Even the Bereans checked the Scriptures, to make sure that what Paul was teaching them was the truth--and were called "noble" for doing so.They didn't judge scripture by what Paul said, but judged what Paul taught by what the Scriptures say.
                          Yes, it's noble to search the scriptures, but despite what you think the Bereans did, they still relied upon SUBJECTIVE interpretation and must have decided to believe NOT based upon proof, but because the FELT it to be correct (Presumably the Holy Spirit). So yes the did in part judge the scripture and the selective interpretation of such by what Paul said.. many many people have searched the same scriptures and came up with an entirely different conclusion.

Mormons need to be more like the Bereans.
                          Some of us very much are.. Some of us are much like those who simply know the truth because the spirit bares witness.. Searching the Scriptures will not prove that Jesus WAS resurrected.. The Bereans did not search the scriptures to KNOW if Christ was resurrected.. that's something they had to believe in something without proof.
                          Last edited by CARM Admin; 12-09-17, 11:27 AM.

Comment

Darn.

That's why I have this (now rather extensive) Word file on my desk top. It's not very organized, and it's only about three months old, but it has already proven helpful. I wish you could find that source. I would love to see it....and it would certainly prove helpful in future argum...er, discussions.
                            I can teach you how to search the forums very effectively. PM me.

Comment

• Looks like a lot of people are interested in what NNN has to put out there. Gee I recall one Mormon expert here telling me it was futile to post NNN's stuff. That nobody would care. So much for the childish semantics. NNN has done a great service to people = forcing Mormonism into full disclosure of their bizarre rituals. Everything that is hidden and covered up will be exposed to the light.
                              Christian scholar John MacArthur about Mormonism: “Mormonism is wrong in epic proportions.”

Comment

Looks like a lot of people are interested in what NNN has to put out there. Gee I recall one Mormon expert here telling me it was futile to post NNN's stuff. That nobody would care. So much for the childish semantics. NNN has done a great service to people = forcing Mormonism into full disclosure of their bizarre rituals. Everything that is hidden and covered up will be exposed to the light.
                                He has been outed.. like all enemies of God their 5 min of fame soon turns into flame... his mission of deception is over... good riddance to fake sources... chuckle... and just a reminder, the Church will survive all of the fiery darts of the extremist... hmmm ... what worries most christians is the fate of the abomination called the christian creeds... chuckle.
                                Last edited by Ralf; 12-08-17, 10:37 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X