Announcement

Collapse

Message to all users:

https://carm.org/forum-rules

Super Member Subscription
https://carm.org/carm-super-members-banner-ad-signup

As most of you are aware, we had a crash to forums and were down for over two days a while back. We did have to do an upgrade to the vbulletin software to fix the forums and that has created changes, VB no longer provide the hybrid or threaded forums. There are some issues/changes to the forums we are not able to fix or change. Also note the link address change, please let friends and posters know of the changed link to the forums. For now this is the only link available, https://forums.carm.org/vb5/ but if clicking on forum on carm.org homepage it will now send you to this link. (edited to add https: now working.

Again, we are working through some of the posting and viewing issues to learn how to post with the changes, you will have to check and test the different features, icons that have changed. You may also want to go to profile settings,since many of the notifications, information in profile, also to update/edit your avatar by clicking on avatar space, pull down arrow next to login for user settings.

Edit to add "How to read forums, to make it easier."
Pull down arrow next to login name upper right select profile, or user settings when page opens to profile,select link in tab that says Account. Then select/choose options, go down to Conversation Detail Options, Select Display mode Posts, NOT Activity, that selection of Posts will make the pages of discussions go to last post on last page rather than out of order that happens if you choose activity threads. Then be sure to go to bottom and select SAVE Changes in your profile options. You can then follow discussions by going through the pages, to the last page having latest responses. Then click on the other links Privacy, Notifications, to select viewing options,the forums get easier if you open all the tabs or links in your profile, user settings and select options. To join Super Member, pull down arrow next to login name, select User Settings and then click on tab/link at top that says Subscriptions.

Thank you for your patience and God Bless.

Diane S
https://carm.org/forum-rules
See more
See less

Is there a Plan? Christians here say no....

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    Originally posted by Josheb View Post

    The idea that we came to earth to get a body flies into direct conflict with the reality of 1 Cor. 15's "flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom of God." What you posted would mean we came to earth so we would be excluded, or exclude ourselves, from God's kingdom! We came from the kingdom to leave the kingdom so we could go back to the kingdom by dying? We need bodies to learn from God?

    Foolishness! Get out while you can!
    So do you not believe in the resurrection of man... and where do Mormons ever claim a body of flesh and blood... God is a glorified being... having a physical body of Flesh and Bone as does the resurrected Christ... so please enlighten us with your above claim... is that a plan you are trying to sell us...???
    A fool uttereth all his mind: but a wise man keepeth it in till afterwards. Proverbs

    Comment


    • #17
      Originally posted by Ralf View Post
      So do you not believe in the resurrection of man... and where do Mormons ever claim a body of flesh and blood... God is a glorified being... having a physical body of Flesh and Bone as does the resurrected Christ... so please enlighten us with your above claim... is that a plan you are trying to sell us...???
      You don't get to ask questions until you address the op-reply. I'm not collaborating with an and less change of topics.

      You said we came to earth to get a body and the body we now have is one of flesh and blood. Yes, Jesus does have flesh and bone but that's not the body the Mormon will have if s/he teaches a gospel different than that Paul and the apostles preached.


      And Mormons do preach a different gospel.


      So deal with it. Deal with the fact that the post to which I replied is not consistent with the gospel Paul and the apostles preached. Deal with the fact that if it was the same gospel we wouldn't need a new or separate church of "latter day" saints and we wouldn't need an angel handing out gold plates as addendum to an already-closed canon.

      All verses cited or quoted or in the NAS unless otherwise noted.

      “if anyone competes as an athlete, he does not win the prize unless he competes according to the rules.” (2 Tim. 2:5)

      Comment


      • #18
        Originally posted by Josheb View Post
        You don't get to ask questions until you address the op-reply. I'm not collaborating with an and less change of topics.

        You said we came to earth to get a body and the body we now have is one of flesh and blood. Yes, Jesus does have flesh and bone but that's not the body the Mormon will have if s/he teaches a gospel different than that Paul and the apostles preached.


        And Mormons do preach a different gospel.


        So deal with it. Deal with the fact that the post to which I replied is not consistent with the gospel Paul and the apostles preached. Deal with the fact that if it was the same gospel we wouldn't need a new or separate church of "latter day" saints and we wouldn't need an angel handing out gold plates as addendum to an already-closed canon.
        Tell us what Paul teaches about the resurrected body... and by the way we are not discussing handing out Gold Plates... that would be a great new topic... but what does that have to do with Flesh and Bone or Flesh and Blood...hmmm


        1 Cor. 15's "flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom of God."
        A fool uttereth all his mind: but a wise man keepeth it in till afterwards. Proverbs

        Comment


        • #19
          Originally posted by CrowCross View Post
          I think her point is....just supposing...water baptism has nothing to do with getting saved. I personaly don't think you need to add to John 3:16 (as water baptism isn't mentioned) to become saved.
          John 3:16-- King James Version (KJV)
          16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

          Is repentance necessary? I don't find repentance mentioned in there either. Is confession? I don't find confession mentioned in there either.

          Comment


          • #20
            Originally posted by dberrie2000 View Post

            John 3:16-- King James Version (KJV)
            16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

            Is repentance necessary? I don't find repentance mentioned in there either. Is confession? I don't find confession mentioned in there either.
            Great point...
            A fool uttereth all his mind: but a wise man keepeth it in till afterwards. Proverbs

            Comment


            • #21
              Originally posted by dberrie2000

              Since the OP was Ralph's--what would you like him to address about the OP?



              So--with that claim--could you list what salvational doctrines one finds in the Biblical NT--which is not found in the LDS church?

              James 2:24 ---New American Standard Bible (NASB)
              24 You see that a man is justified by works and not by faith alone.

              That's a doctrine found preached in the LDS church.


              Where does the Bible say we are saved by a Plan? Mormonism is the plan of Satan, not the Bible. Show us where the Bible teaches that the "god" we are to worship was a human being who grew up on another planet and became and exalted "god," and had sex with Mary to produce Jesus' body. The antichrist heresies of Mormonism have nothing to do with faith in the True and Living God, but faith in a Pedophile whose sin rises as a stench to the True God's Nostrils..............and you want to be called Christians? Mormonism is a horrible, deranged form of paganism masquerading as Christianity. Don't quote Scriptures to us that Mormon cultists won't follow.

              EDITED Why don't you ever quote Eph. 2:8-10? "Not of works" is pretty clear there, dberrie? Don't you think Our God loves us enough to save us without being paid off?
              Last edited by Mod10; 04-17-18, 09:41 AM. Reason: alert: rule 12; warning given
              Christian scholar John MacArthur about Mormonism: “Mormonism is wrong in epic proportions.”

              Comment


              • #22
                Originally posted by dberrie2000 View Post Since the OP was Ralph's--what would you like him to address about the OP?

                So--with that claim--could you list what salvational doctrines one finds in the Biblical NT--which is not found in the LDS church?

                James 2:24 ---New American Standard Bible (NASB)
                24 You see that a man is justified by works and not by faith alone.

                That's a doctrine found preached in the LDS church.
                Originally posted by Catherine Aurelia View Post
                Where does the Bible say we are saved by a Plan? Mormonism is the plan of Satan, not the Bible.
                Then you shouldn't have any problems with listing the salvational doctrines found in the Biblical NT--which is not found in the LDS church.

                Hebrews 10:36--- King James Version (KJV)
                36 For ye have need of patience, that, after ye have done the will of God, ye might receive the promise.

                Comment


                • #23
                  Originally posted by dberrie2000 View Post



                  Then you shouldn't have any problems with listing the salvational doctrines found in the Biblical NT--which is not found in the LDS church.

                  Hebrews 10:36--- King James Version (KJV)
                  36 For ye have need of patience, that, after ye have done the will of God, ye might receive the promise.
                  Don't quote Scripture to me, dberrie. I know it far better than you. That's why I'm not following a false pedophile as a prophet. So, tell us, when did you find yourself actually fighting against salvation by grace through faith? Why do you come here daily trying to intrude on threads with all your archived verses? Is it because you doubt the love of God, Who in His great mercy chose to save some? Why are you angry with the Biblical God? Why have you chosen POLYTHEISM OVER MONOTHEISM?
                  Christian scholar John MacArthur about Mormonism: “Mormonism is wrong in epic proportions.”

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    Originally posted by dberrie2000
                    Since the OP was Ralph's--what would you like him to address about the OP?
                    My op reply.
                    Originally posted by David1701 View Post
                    So--with that claim--could you list what salvational doctrines one finds in the Biblical NT--which is not found in the LDS church?
                    lol! You don't get to change the topic until you address what's already posted. How many times have I admonished you for running amuck through the forum trying to hijack everyone else's ops so you can satisfy your fixation with your perverted neg of a "faith alone" doctrine that rarely exists? How many times have I already answer you inquiry in other ops?


                    Scores!


                    So why would I trade posts now with a person who is woefully disrespectful to all others? Answer? I won't.

                    All verses cited or quoted or in the NAS unless otherwise noted.

                    “if anyone competes as an athlete, he does not win the prize unless he competes according to the rules.” (2 Tim. 2:5)

                    Comment


                    • #25
                      Originally posted by dberrie2000 View Post Then you shouldn't have any problems with listing the salvational doctrines found in the Biblical NT--which is not found in the LDS church.

                      Hebrews 10:36--- King James Version (KJV)
                      36 For ye have need of patience, that, after ye have done the will of God, ye might receive the promise.
                      Originally posted by Catherine Aurelia View Post
                      Don't quote Scripture to me, dberrie.
                      Especially any scripture which violates the theology pawned here?

                      I'm still waiting on that Biblical NT list, Catherine.

                      Comment


                      • #26
                        Originally posted by Josheb View Post And Mormons do preach a different gospel.
                        Originally posted by dberrie2000 View Post Then you shouldn't have any problems with listing the salvational doctrines found in the Biblical NT--which is not found in the LDS church.

                        Hebrews 10:36--- King James Version (KJV)
                        36 For ye have need of patience, that, after ye have done the will of God, ye might receive the promise.
                        Originally posted by Josheb View Post
                        lol! You don't get to change the topic until you address what's already posted.
                        I believe the above post was yours, IE--

                        Originally posted by Josheb View Post And Mormons do preach a different gospel.
                        Again---you shouldn't have any problems with listing the salvational doctrines found in the Biblical NT--which is not found in the LDS church.

                        1 Timothy 4:16-- King James Version (KJV)
                        16 Take heed unto thyself, and unto the doctrine; continue in them: for in doing this thou shalt both save thyself, and them that hear thee.

                        Comment


                        • #27
                          Originally posted by Josheb View Post
                          My op reply.

                          lol! You don't get to change the topic until you address what's already posted. How many times have I admonished you for running amuck through the forum trying to hijack everyone else's ops so you can satisfy your fixation with your perverted neg of a "faith alone" doctrine that rarely exists? How many times have I already answer you inquiry in other ops?


                          Scores!


                          So why would I trade posts now with a person who is woefully disrespectful to all others? Answer? I won't.
                          Umm... Josheb, you appear to have "quoted" something, as if from me, that I did not post.
                          John 6:37 All that the Father giveth me shall come to me; and him that cometh to me I will in no wise cast out.

                          Comment


                          • #28
                            Originally posted by David1701 View Post

                            Umm... Josheb, you appear to have "quoted" something, as if from me, that I did not post.
                            It is a glitch in the system. It happens all the time.
                            Last edited by Bonnie; 04-16-18, 05:28 PM.
                            "I am tired of being treated like a mushroom--they keep me in the dark and feed me manure!" (reasons why a Mormon was leaving the LDS church)
                            "What people don't realize is how much religion costs. They think faith is a big electric blanket, when of course, it is the cross."--Flannery O'Connor
                            "I am a Missouri Synod Lutheran--NOT REFORMED/CALVINIST. PLEASE learn the difference."
                            "The truth may hurt for a little while, but a lie hurts forever."--anonymous
                            "If Jesus isn't THE WAY, then there is nothing else."--Bob

                            Comment


                            • #29
                              Originally posted by dberrie2000 View Post



                              Especially any scripture which violates the theology pawned here?

                              I'm still waiting on that Biblical NT list, Catherine.
                              And I am still waiting for you to answer my questions. Which I have been asking you for a long time. So, what else is new?


                              And none of your scriptures violates true Christian theology, when the Bible is taken as a whole. However, Mormon theology violates it all over the place.
                              "I am tired of being treated like a mushroom--they keep me in the dark and feed me manure!" (reasons why a Mormon was leaving the LDS church)
                              "What people don't realize is how much religion costs. They think faith is a big electric blanket, when of course, it is the cross."--Flannery O'Connor
                              "I am a Missouri Synod Lutheran--NOT REFORMED/CALVINIST. PLEASE learn the difference."
                              "The truth may hurt for a little while, but a lie hurts forever."--anonymous
                              "If Jesus isn't THE WAY, then there is nothing else."--Bob

                              Comment


                              • #30
                                Originally posted by Josheb View Post
                                My op reply.

                                lol! You don't get to change the topic until you address what's already posted. How many times have I admonished you for running amuck through the forum trying to hijack everyone else's ops so you can satisfy your fixation with your perverted neg of a "faith alone" doctrine that rarely exists? How many times have I already answer you inquiry in other ops?


                                Scores!


                                So why would I trade posts now with a person who is woefully disrespectful to all others? Answer? I won't.
                                Welcome to my world, Josheb...
                                "I am tired of being treated like a mushroom--they keep me in the dark and feed me manure!" (reasons why a Mormon was leaving the LDS church)
                                "What people don't realize is how much religion costs. They think faith is a big electric blanket, when of course, it is the cross."--Flannery O'Connor
                                "I am a Missouri Synod Lutheran--NOT REFORMED/CALVINIST. PLEASE learn the difference."
                                "The truth may hurt for a little while, but a lie hurts forever."--anonymous
                                "If Jesus isn't THE WAY, then there is nothing else."--Bob

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X