Announcement

Collapse

Message to all users:

https://carm.org/forum-rules

Super Member Subscription
https://carm.org/carm-super-members-banner-ad-signup

As most of you are aware, we had a crash to forums and were down for over two days a while back. We did have to do an upgrade to the vbulletin software to fix the forums and that has created changes, VB no longer provide the hybrid or threaded forums. There are some issues/changes to the forums we are not able to fix or change. Also note the link address change, please let friends and posters know of the changed link to the forums. For now this is the only link available, https://forums.carm.org/vb5/ but if clicking on forum on carm.org homepage it will now send you to this link. (edited to add https: now working.

Again, we are working through some of the posting and viewing issues to learn how to post with the changes, you will have to check and test the different features, icons that have changed. You may also want to go to profile settings,since many of the notifications, information in profile, also to update/edit your avatar by clicking on avatar space, pull down arrow next to login for user settings.

Edit to add "How to read forums, to make it easier."
Pull down arrow next to login name upper right select profile, or user settings when page opens to profile,select link in tab that says Account. Then select/choose options, go down to Conversation Detail Options, Select Display mode Posts, NOT Activity, that selection of Posts will make the pages of discussions go to last post on last page rather than out of order that happens if you choose activity threads. Then be sure to go to bottom and select SAVE Changes in your profile options. You can then follow discussions by going through the pages, to the last page having latest responses. Then click on the other links Privacy, Notifications, to select viewing options,the forums get easier if you open all the tabs or links in your profile, user settings and select options. To join Super Member, pull down arrow next to login name, select User Settings and then click on tab/link at top that says Subscriptions.

Thank you for your patience and God Bless.

Diane S
https://carm.org/forum-rules
See more
See less

Are LDS following the "the Theory of Demons" of Jesus?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Are LDS following the "the Theory of Demons" of Jesus?

Catholics have been told that they follow the "unscriptural" position of believing the "theory of Demons", which doesn't longer apply because of Medicine in the modern world.

Are LDS also following he "unscriptural" position of believing the "theory of Demons"?

Originally posted by highrigger View Post

Mercedes,

Do you believe the demons inhabit the desert places? Ha ha

JohnR
    Originally posted by highrigger View Post

Where did Jesus or Paul say that? I cannot find it. Possibly Jesus did accept the theory of Demons. They had no medicine in those days.

We know better now don't we. OR do we?

JohnR

Originally posted by CatholicScripture View Post
    Catholics have been told that they follow the "unscriptural" position of believing the "theory of Demons", which doesn't longer apply because of Medicine in the modern world.

Are LDS also following he "unscriptural" position of believing the "theory of Demons"?
    You’ll have to explain what that is. I’ve never heard of the “theory of demons”.

Comment

Originally posted by JustaLurker View Post

You’ll have to explain what that is. I’ve never heard of the “theory of demons”.
      Basically, do LDS believe demons exist or a just a figment of human imagination?

Comment

Basically, do LDS believe demons exist or a just a figment of human imagination?
        The existence of evil spirits? Yes, LDS believe that. But demons causing diseases, etc. like much of Christendom used to believe.? I dunno if there is an official LDS doctrine on that. Maybe we are allowed to have opinions on it. But if you wanna talk about Luther, the founder of the Reformation, he certainly believed that demons were responsible for all kinds of stuff that most today would call wacky superstition....

“The Devil can so completely assume the human form, when he wants to deceive us, that we may well lie with what seems to be a woman, of real flesh and blood, and yet all the while ’tis only the Devil in the shape of a woman. ‘Tis the same with women, who may think that a man is in bed with them, yet ’tis only the Devil; and…the result of this connection is oftentimes an imp of darkness, half mortal, half devil….”

“How often have not the demons called ‘Nix’ drawn women and girls into the water, and there had commerce with them, with fearful consequences.”

“Idiots, the lame, the blind, the dumb, are men in whom the devils have established themselves: and all the physicians who heal these infirmities, as though they proceeded from natural causes, are ignorant blockheads….”

“Our bodies are always exposed to Satan. The maladies I suffer are not natural, but Devil’s spells.” (Martin Luther)

“When I was a child there were many witches, and they bewitched both cattle and men, especially children.”

“I should have no compassion on these witches; I should burn them all.”

“The word and works of God is quite clear, that women were made either to be wives or prostitutes.” Works 12.94

“Even though they grow weary and wear themselves out with child-bearing, it does not matter; let them go on bearing children till they die, that is what they are there for.” Works 20.84

“God created Adam master and lord of living creatures, but Eve spoilt all, when she persuaded him to set himself above God’s will. ‘Tis you women, with your tricks and artifices, that lead men into error.” “The bondage of the Will,” 1527

“Women…have but small and narrow chests, and broad hips, to the end that they should remain at home, sit still, keep house, and bear and bring up children.”

(As quoted by John Mark Ministries)

Comment

[QUOTE=CatholicScripture;n5233629]Catholics have been told that they follow the "unscriptural" position of believing the "theory of Demons", which doesn't longer apply because of Medicine in the modern world.[quote]

Then why does the catholic church still off the ministry of "Exorcism"???

Who in the WORLD (other than Mormons) would CARE what foolishness the LDS Teaches???

Comment

[QUOTE=Bob Carabbio;n5235856]

Then why does the catholic church still off the ministry of "Exorcism"???

Who in the WORLD (other than Mormons) would CARE what foolishness the LDS Teaches???
            In the world....nobody cares.

Ahhh, but in the Kingdom of God....

What is this "theory of demons"? I have never heard of such a thing...
            God Who was made flesh for me and nailed upon a lonely tree
            What gift can I bring that would suffice to repay such great sacrifice?
            All that I am I lay at Your throne. Make me, Lord, Your very Own.

Comment

[QUOTE=The Barrd;n5235910]
              Originally posted by Bob Carabbio View Post

God does indeed care.

Jesus certainly seemed to believe that demons existed and could inhabit people. So, I will believe Him.
              "I am tired of being treated like a mushroom--they keep me in the dark and feed me manure!" (reasons why a Mormon was leaving the LDS church)
              "What people don't realize is how much religion costs. They think faith is a big electric blanket, when of course, it is the cross."--Flannery O'Connor
              "I am a Missouri Synod Lutheran--NOT REFORMED/CALVINIST. PLEASE learn the difference."
              "The truth may hurt for a little while, but a lie hurts forever."--anonymous
              "If Jesus isn't THE WAY, then there is nothing else."--Bob

Comment

[QUOTE=The Barrd;n5235910]

The Bible calls it "doctrines of demons," and these are the doctrines found in Mormonism, and to a great extent in Roman Catholicism which recognizes such evil manifestations as "Fatima," which denies the sacrifice of Jesus.
                Christian scholar John MacArthur about Mormonism: “Mormonism is wrong in epic proportions.”

Comment

[QUOTE=Bonnie;n5236178]
                  Originally posted by The Barrd View Post
                  God does indeed care.

Jesus certainly seemed to believe that demons existed and could inhabit people. So, I will believe Him.
                  Amen, my beautiful Sister!

Comment

[QUOTE=Catherine Aurelia;n5236227]

The Bible calls it "doctrines of demons," and these are the doctrines found in Mormonism, and to a great extent in Roman Catholicism which recognizes such evil manifestations as "Fatima," which denies the sacrifice of Jesus.
                    Jesus went around, casting out demons...would He have done that if demons were not real?

Comment

Jesus went around, casting out demons...would He have done that if demons were not real?
                      I wonder what will happen when you realize that you are actually agreeing with Mormons on something? Not that we believe that demons are responsible for all medical problems, or mental illness, but that they are real? Well, yeah.

Comment

Originally posted by dianaiad View Post
                        I wonder what will happen when you realize that you are actually agreeing with Mormons on something?
                        Even a STOPPED CLOCK is absolutely accurate twice a day. The LDS might be TOTALLY CLUELESS about demons, and their contribution to their church, but if nothing else, if they believe in the existence of the demonic (even though they don't realize that they're following them), they're accurate about that for sure. That an abomination like the "LDS" could even exist is proof of that!!

Comment

I wonder what will happen when you realize that you are actually agreeing with Mormons on something? Not that we believe that demons are responsible for all medical problems, or mental illness, but that they are real? Well, yeah.
                          You got that backwards, as usual.

You keep forgetting that Christianity had been around for over 1800 years before Joey Smith was ever born...
                          All he ever did was to try to rewrite the script with himself as the hero.

Jesus, on the other hand, cast demons out of people, and by doing so, healed them.

Think of it this way...In the beginning, when God created the heavens and the earth, He looked around at His beautiful handiwork, and saw that it was good.
                          Then, along came that nasty serpent....

Comment

Even a STOPPED CLOCK is absolutely accurate twice a day. The LDS might be TOTALLY CLUELESS about demons, and their contribution to their church, but if nothing else, if they believe in the existence of the demonic (even though they don't realize that they're following them), they're accurate about that for sure. That an abomination like the "LDS" could even exist is proof of that!!
                            And all of God's children say......

AMEN

God bless you, my Brother!!

Comment

I wonder what will happen when you realize that you are actually agreeing with Mormons on something?
                              Maybe the same thing that happened to Nomad when Captain Kirk used logic on IT in order to prevent ITS jihad from continuing....

Comment

Working...
                              X