Announcement

Collapse

Message to all users:

https://carm.org/forum-rules

Super Member Subscription
https://carm.org/carm-super-members-banner-ad-signup

As most of you are aware, we had a crash to forums and were down for over two days a while back. We did have to do an upgrade to the vbulletin software to fix the forums and that has created changes, VB no longer provide the hybrid or threaded forums. There are some issues/changes to the forums we are not able to fix or change. Also note the link address change, please let friends and posters know of the changed link to the forums. For now this is the only link available, https://forums.carm.org/vb5/ but if clicking on forum on carm.org homepage it will now send you to this link. (edited to add https: now working.

Again, we are working through some of the posting and viewing issues to learn how to post with the changes, you will have to check and test the different features, icons that have changed. You may also want to go to profile settings,since many of the notifications, information in profile, also to update/edit your avatar by clicking on avatar space, pull down arrow next to login for user settings.

Edit to add "How to read forums, to make it easier."
Pull down arrow next to login name upper right select profile, or user settings when page opens to profile,select link in tab that says Account. Then select/choose options, go down to Conversation Detail Options, Select Display mode Posts, NOT Activity, that selection of Posts will make the pages of discussions go to last post on last page rather than out of order that happens if you choose activity threads. Then be sure to go to bottom and select SAVE Changes in your profile options. You can then follow discussions by going through the pages, to the last page having latest responses. Then click on the other links Privacy, Notifications, to select viewing options,the forums get easier if you open all the tabs or links in your profile, user settings and select options. To join Super Member, pull down arrow next to login name, select User Settings and then click on tab/link at top that says Subscriptions.

Thank you for your patience and God Bless.

Diane S
https://carm.org/forum-rules
See more
See less

Mormon church wants abuse case dropped...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Mormon church wants abuse case dropped...

    We were talking before about the former Director of the Provo Mission Training Center who was accused of sexually abusing female missionaries.

    Now apparently the mormon church wants the case dropped.

    https://apnews.com/d2a1f249a3f245728a4161f82861eba2
    ~ There is life after mormonism, and it's good! Just stay close to Christ.
    ~ You can't follow Christ and false prophets at the same time.
    ~ "Come to Me, all who are weary and heavy-laden, and I will give you rest." Matthew 11:28

  • #2
    Of course they would.
    "I am tired of being treated like a mushroom--they keep me in the dark and feed me manure!" (reasons why a Mormon was leaving the LDS church)
    "What people don't realize is how much religion costs. They think faith is a big electric blanket, when of course, it is the cross."--Flannery O'Connor
    "I am a Missouri Synod Lutheran--NOT REFORMED/CALVINIST. PLEASE learn the difference."
    "The truth may hurt for a little while, but a lie hurts forever."--anonymous
    "If Jesus isn't THE WAY, then there is nothing else."--Bob

    Comment


    • #3
      The Mormon cult has a despicable history in this regard.
      Christian scholar John MacArthur about Mormonism: “Mormonism is wrong in epic proportions.”

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by Bonnie View Post
        Of course they would.
        For once I agree with you. If Calvary Chapel or the LCMS were falsely (or truly) accused of something, OF COURSE they would want the case dropped. Like, "duh," ....

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by Magdalena View Post
          We were talking before about the former Director of the Provo Mission Training Center who was accused of sexually abusing female missionaries.

          Now apparently the mormon church wants the case dropped.
          Not the case against the accused rapist, obviously. They want the case accusing the Church of complicity dropped.

          Comment


          • #6
            Typical.
            God Who was made flesh for me and nailed upon a lonely tree
            What gift can I bring that would suffice to repay such great sacrifice?
            All that I am I lay at Your throne. Make me, Lord, Your very Own.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by The Barrd View Post
              Typical.
              It is typical of Pharisees to run around accusing anyone EXCEPT their own cult of this or that...possibly to hide the fact that their own cult has a worse track record.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by JustaLurker View Post

                Not the case against the accused rapist, obviously. They want the case accusing the Church of complicity dropped.
                They were complicit. They had been notified of what was going on.
                ~ There is life after mormonism, and it's good! Just stay close to Christ.
                ~ You can't follow Christ and false prophets at the same time.
                ~ "Come to Me, all who are weary and heavy-laden, and I will give you rest." Matthew 11:28

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by NRA-Jeff View Post

                  It is typical of Pharisees to run around accusing anyone EXCEPT their own cult of this or that...possibly to hide the fact that their own cult has a worse track record.
                  If you know of some abuse some other church has committed, please post it in the proper forum.
                  This forum is for discussing the Mormon church.
                  It really doesn't help to cry "well, they're doing it, too!"
                  God Who was made flesh for me and nailed upon a lonely tree
                  What gift can I bring that would suffice to repay such great sacrifice?
                  All that I am I lay at Your throne. Make me, Lord, Your very Own.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by Magdalena View Post

                    They were complicit. They had been notified of what was going on.
                    The case has not yet been adjudicated and still you, at this distance, can tell us all already what occurred and who was at fault? You really shouldn't be surprised to learn that this colors every other pronouncement you might make about the Church with the hue of animus and a willingness to disregard truth in favor of your personal bias.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by Magdalena View Post

                      They were complicit. They had been notified of what was going on.
                      you don't KNOW that.. that's the CLAIM that has not been proven. The article states the church want it to be dismissed because the allegations can't be proven.. all the apparent witnesses that would verify one way or the other have passed away.. So it's down to a He said, She said about something that allegedly happened nearly 40 years ago. But I know the antiMormon animus that lives within some critics here hold it's GUILTY until proven otherwise if it involves something that feeds their unholy animus.

                      Mag, don't you believe Jesus when he said.. Judge NOT that you be not judged.?

                      For with what judgment ye judge, ye shall be judged: and with what measure ye mete, it shall be measured to you again. And why beholdest thou the mote that is in thy brother's eye, but considerest not the beam that is in thine own eye?

                      Do you believe Jesus when he said "with what judgment ye judge, you SHALL Be judged.

                      In other words, if you choose as it appears you are doing here, to judge this man/and the church based upon unverified or adjudicated claims.. You will also suffer the same type of judgement.. You'll SHALL be judged based upon unverified claims. and that will be a sad day indeed, as we can manufacture a whole list of unverified claims against you if we wanted too..


                      Or do you simply disregard that part of the Bible because it doesn't square with your animus against the LDS faith?
                      Last edited by oceancoast; 05-17-18, 01:40 PM.
                      “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” -- George Carlin

                      We tolerate no one in our ranks who attacks the ideals of Christianity, our movement is Christian. - Adolf Hitler

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by The Barrd View Post

                        If you know of some abuse some other church has committed, please post it in the proper forum."
                        Oh...is there a forum here for pro-LDS to spread gossip and rumors about churches they're obsessed with defaming? Post the link if so, but pro-LDS aren't really into acting like y'all Is that forum will have zero posts.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          My phone messed up the last sentence which should have said "So that forum will have zero posts."

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by JustaLurker View Post

                            The case has not yet been adjudicated and still you, at this distance, can tell us all already what occurred and who was at fault? You really shouldn't be surprised to learn that this colors every other pronouncement you might make about the Church with the hue of animus and a willingness to disregard truth in favor of your personal bias.
                            You were already accusing me of that anyway. Nothing new there.
                            ~ There is life after mormonism, and it's good! Just stay close to Christ.
                            ~ You can't follow Christ and false prophets at the same time.
                            ~ "Come to Me, all who are weary and heavy-laden, and I will give you rest." Matthew 11:28

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by oceancoast View Post

                              you don't KNOW that.. that's the CLAIM that has not been proven. The article states the church want it to be dismissed because the allegations can't be proven.. all the apparent witnesses that would verify one way or the other have passed away.. So it's down to a He said, She said about something that allegedly happened nearly 40 years ago. But I know the antiMormon animus that lives within some critics here hold it's GUILTY until proven otherwise if it involves something that feeds their unholy animus.

                              Mag, don't you believe Jesus when he said.. Judge NOT that you be not judged.?

                              For with what judgment ye judge, ye shall be judged: and with what measure ye mete, it shall be measured to you again. And why beholdest thou the mote that is in thy brother's eye, but considerest not the beam that is in thine own eye?

                              Do you believe Jesus when he said "with what judgment ye judge, you SHALL Be judged.

                              In other words, if you choose as it appears you are doing here, to judge this man/and the church based upon unverified or adjudicated claims.. You will also suffer the same type of judgement.. You'll SHALL be judged based upon unverified claims. and that will be a sad day indeed, as we can manufacture a whole list of unverified claims against you if we wanted too..


                              Or do you simply disregard that part of the Bible because it doesn't square with your animus against the LDS faith?
                              You should reconsider pointing fingers about judging others, with the things you've said about your brother.
                              ~ There is life after mormonism, and it's good! Just stay close to Christ.
                              ~ You can't follow Christ and false prophets at the same time.
                              ~ "Come to Me, all who are weary and heavy-laden, and I will give you rest." Matthew 11:28

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X