Announcement

Collapse

Message to all users:

https://carm.org/forum-rules

Super Member Subscription
https://carm.org/carm-super-members-banner-ad-signup

As most of you are aware, we had a crash to forums and were down for over two days a while back. We did have to do an upgrade to the vbulletin software to fix the forums and that has created changes, VB no longer provide the hybrid or threaded forums. There are some issues/changes to the forums we are not able to fix or change. Also note the link address change, please let friends and posters know of the changed link to the forums. For now this is the only link available, https://forums.carm.org/vb5/ but if clicking on forum on carm.org homepage it will now send you to this link. (edited to add https: now working.

Again, we are working through some of the posting and viewing issues to learn how to post with the changes, you will have to check and test the different features, icons that have changed. You may also want to go to profile settings,since many of the notifications, information in profile, also to update/edit your avatar by clicking on avatar space, pull down arrow next to login for user settings.

Edit to add "How to read forums, to make it easier."
Pull down arrow next to login name upper right select profile, or user settings when page opens to profile,select link in tab that says Account. Then select/choose options, go down to Conversation Detail Options, Select Display mode Posts, NOT Activity, that selection of Posts will make the pages of discussions go to last post on last page rather than out of order that happens if you choose activity threads. Then be sure to go to bottom and select SAVE Changes in your profile options. You can then follow discussions by going through the pages, to the last page having latest responses. Then click on the other links Privacy, Notifications, to select viewing options,the forums get easier if you open all the tabs or links in your profile, user settings and select options. To join Super Member, pull down arrow next to login name, select User Settings and then click on tab/link at top that says Subscriptions.

Thank you for your patience and God Bless.

Diane S
https://carm.org/forum-rules
See more
See less

What Happened! Where Are All Those Good Questions...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What Happened! Where Are All Those Good Questions...

There are none... meaning nothing original folks... we have the steady steam of duplicity, misrepresenting, half truth, lack of sourcing and lots of Labeling... hence the everyday mimicking (ridicule) that JS was a pedophile... no proof, no source and no witnesses.... oh my!
    A fool uttereth all his mind: but a wise man keepeth it in till afterwards. Proverbs

Well, if they started asking us questions, then they'd no longer be able to accuse us of not answering any.....
    "PWCSLWRTIMSL"="PeopleWhoCSLewisWasReferringToInMy SignatureLine"
    ..whenever a person's religious conversation dwells..even frequently on the faults of other people's religions, he is in a bad condition-C.S. Lewis

Comment

Originally posted by NRA-Jeff View Post
      Well, if they started asking us questions, then they'd no longer be able to accuse us of not answering any.....
      Well, we'd just have to take those KNOX.
      Christian scholar John MacArthur about Mormonism: “Mormonism is wrong in epic proportions.”

Comment

Its more like... JS was a Pedophile... period.. no source no expansion of it and not even a correct definition of a Pedophile... "What Happened! Where Are All Those Good Questions...Ē chuckle

A fool uttereth all his mind: but a wise man keepeth it in till afterwards. Proverbs

Comment

Originally posted by Ralf View Post

Its more like... JS was a Pedophile... period.. no source no expansion of it and not even a correct definition of a Pedophile... "What Happened! Where Are All Those Good Questions...” chuckle
          Unfortunately, I realize that for someone to make that kind of statement they have to be completely clueless regarding all the information posted here over the years about Smith's attraction to young girls I suggest you actually read this article which has been posted many, many times and contains all the proof of Smith sexually stalking young girls. Proof Mormons simply deny, forget, or are unable to absorb:

https://www.exmormon.org/phorum/read.php?2,446840

In fact, YOU, Ralf, have been asked many times if you would have handed over a fourteen year old daughter to Smith. Do you recall that?

Memory retention is an important part of our over all health.
          Last edited by Catherine Aurelia; 05-18-18, 08:43 AM.
          Christian scholar John MacArthur about Mormonism: “Mormonism is wrong in epic proportions.”

Comment

There are none... meaning nothing original folks... we have the steady steam of duplicity, misrepresenting, half truth, lack of sourcing and lots of Labeling... hence the everyday mimicking (ridicule) that JS was a pedophile... no proof, no source and no witnesses.... oh my!
            I source my stuff all the time. And I have never called JS a pedophile. Womanizing, lying false prophet--yes.

But I have asked a couple of posters questions about Ephesians 2--a number of times--and neither one answered my questions. Just tap-danced around them, ignored them, or repeated themselves, or tried to divert away from having to answer them.

However, I twice asked you to show me where you showed me where certain verses in the BoM are that supposedly show that it doesn't have nascent Trinitarianism in it:

https://forums.carm.org/vb5/forum/cu...answers/page16

Posts 228 and 229. I don't read every single post in ever single thread, so I certainly could have missed your post, which you claimed I had ignored. So I would appreciate it if you tell me where you gave me those BoM verses, so I can look them up and read them in context. thanks.
            "I am tired of being treated like a mushroom--they keep me in the dark and feed me manure!" (reasons why a Mormon was leaving the LDS church)
            "What people don't realize is how much religion costs. They think faith is a big electric blanket, when of course, it is the cross."--Flannery O'Connor
            "I am a Missouri Synod Lutheran--NOT REFORMED/CALVINIST. PLEASE learn the difference."
            "The truth may hurt for a little while, but a lie hurts forever."--anonymous
            "If Jesus isn't THE WAY, then there is nothing else."--Bob

Comment

[QUOTE=Bonnie;n5273195]

I source my stuff all the time. And I have never called JS a pedophile. Womanizing, lying false prophet--yes.

But I have asked a couple of posters questions about Ephesians 2--a number of times--and neither one answered my questions. Just tap-danced around them, ignored them, or repeated themselves, or tried to divert away from having to answer them.

There is one christian that says they do the research to find the truth.... I have yet to see any serious research by this christian... not even to having read the Book of Mormon and yet decided what it says and means... very interesting...

However, I twice asked you to show me where you showed me where certain verses in the BoM are that supposedly show that it doesn't have nascent Trinitarianism in it:

I did ... go back and read my replies... you must skip over my replies to you...hmmm

Posts 228 and 229. I don't read every single post in ever single thread, so I certainly could have missed your post, which you claimed I had ignored. So I would appreciate it if you tell me where you gave me those BoM verses, so I can look them up and read them in context. thanks.

I donít need to keep repeating myself... I also gave them to another eager beaver who you may have copied your taking points from...hmmm

Comment

[QUOTE=Ralf;n5273208]
                Originally posted by Bonnie View Post

There is one christian that says they do the research to find the truth.... I have yet to see any serious research by this christian... not even to having read the Book of Mormon and yet decided what it says and means... very interesting...

I did ... go back and read my replies... you must skip over my replies to you...hmmm

I donít need to keep repeating myself... I also gave them to another eager beaver who you may have copied your taking points from...hmmm
                I get tired or repeating myself too, Ralf....when a certain Mormon on here repeats and repeats the same bible verses over and over again and I answer the questions and deal with the points, but when I ask questions about them and give my Bible verses, I get no answers.

So, if you won't tell me where those verses supposedly are in the BoM, or at least tell me what thread you posted them in, and what page, then I cannot deal with your points. So kindly do not complain if I do not.

And I DO have the BoM and I HAVE read some of it and can read more anytime I wish--but I did my OWN research on the Trinitarian verses in it, but just used that one website to show all of them at once, to save typing time. And I have also seen some verses that stray into modalism and have also posted a couple of those, on here, in the past. Is it those "modalism" ones that you posted--where Jesus is said to be his own father?

Or are you saying that the BoM teaches Binarianism and not Trinitarianism?

But I did look up the Trinitarian ones in the BoM on my own before posting that link, <<chuckle>. So, the "chuckle" is on you, Ralf.
                Last edited by Bonnie; 05-18-18, 09:17 AM.
                "I am tired of being treated like a mushroom--they keep me in the dark and feed me manure!" (reasons why a Mormon was leaving the LDS church)
                "What people don't realize is how much religion costs. They think faith is a big electric blanket, when of course, it is the cross."--Flannery O'Connor
                "I am a Missouri Synod Lutheran--NOT REFORMED/CALVINIST. PLEASE learn the difference."

Comment

Bump

Comment

Bonnie;n5273223]

I get tired or repeating myself too, Ralf....when a certain Mormon on here repeats and repeats the same bible verses over and over again and I answer the questions and deal with the points, but when I ask questions about them and give my Bible verses, I get no answers.

So, if you won't tell me where those verses supposedly are in the BoM, or at least tell me what thread you posted them in, and what page, then I cannot deal with your points. So kindly do not complain if I do not.

Chuckle, the point is that even the General Authorities all the way back to JS have taught one doctrine... God, Jesus Christ and the HG are separate personages that make up the single Godhead, yet you and others here just kind of like to make up stuff that isn’t doctrine...I always wonder what you get out of that... telling us what is in the Book of Mormon and yet refuses to even listen to our General Authorities repeat over and over the same doctrine ... One Godhead... so Bonnie, just continue doing and following agenda that is contrary to the truth... this is why I continue to claim... Christian here don’t ask or answer good questions... nor are they interested in what we really preach...so they find something in the Book of Mormon and care not to allow us to explain what it means .... so interesting and yet so ridiculous... but that’s what we deal with every day here...

And I DO have the BoM and I HAVE read some of it and can read more anytime I wish--but I did my OWN research on the Trinitarian verses in it, but just used that one website to show all of them at once, to save typing time. And I have also seen some verses that stray into modalism and have also posted a couple of those, on here, in the past. Is it those "modalism" ones that you posted--where Jesus is said to be his own father?

Good for you Bonnie, now go to LDS.org and research what we teach about the Doctrine of the Godhead... then go ahead and keep posting the opposite of we teach.. all the Mormon here will just nod their heads and think... oh so blind are the christians here to even try and learn the truth of what we teach... you will not change Bonnie nor will others here... that is a fact..

Or are you saying that the BoM teaches Binarianism and not Trinitarianism?

But I did look up the Trinitarian ones in the BoM on my own before posting that link, <<chuckle>. So, the "chuckle" is on you, Ralf.
                    Yea the chuckle is on me Bonnie and you will never realize that you have been deceived... the Trinity is not taught in the BOM... only your persistent mimicking will we see here and your continued refusal to be taught truth and not some talking point tripe...

Comment

Bonnie;n5273223]

Yea the chuckle is on me Bonnie and you will never realize that you have been deceived... the Trinity is not taught in the BOM... only your persistent mimicking will we see here and your continued refusal to be taught truth and not some talking point tripe...
                      In othervwords...you cannot show me other verses in the BoM that contradict the ones that show nascent Trinitarianism--Can you? I showed you those verses. I researched them myself. I looked them up in the BoM. They are fairly explicit. More so than the Bible, whaere the Triune Godhead id strongly implicit.

Now, maybe those verses seem to teach Binarianism, IF one looks at those verses that have Jesus as His own Father, which is modalism, an early church heresy rightly condemned and not found taught anywhere in the Bible, but pretty explicit in the BoM. So, would you say the BoM teaches Binarianism, Ralf? Instead of Trinitarianism?

Or do you think it r0teaches polytheism? If so, where?

No, it is Mormons who have been deceived, putting their faith in a lying false prophet, who married other men's wives and Young girls, and who twisted and perverted Scriptures, and lied about bei g able to translate the Egyptian p apyri.

Far better to put one's faith and trust in the true Jesus Christ of the Bible to be saved, for He alone is holy and without sin and he alone saves and saves completely! May you someday come to realize that, Ralf.

Comment

Originally posted by Catherine Aurelia View Post

Well, we'd just have to take those KNOX.
                        That was a fun year, when there was at least one anti who had convinced herself of the conspiracy theory that I was Neal Knox's son or brother or something...it was an eye-opener into the shallow logic behind the accusations of antimormonism: fact one, my screen name contains the words "NRA" and "Jeff." Fact two, there is some guy somewhere named Jeff Knox who presumably supports the NRA. Conclusion jumped to: that guy MUST be me!

I wonder if similar logic resulted in the Salem witch hunts.
                        "PWCSLWRTIMSL"="PeopleWhoCSLewisWasReferringToInMy SignatureLine"
                        ..whenever a person's religious conversation dwells..even frequently on the faults of other people's religions, he is in a bad condition-C.S. Lewis

Comment

Ralf would you like to see some questions I have asked Mormons that I almost never got an answer for? One Mormon did try to answer one of my questions but got it 100% wrong. But at least he tried and was very nice about it. But no other Mormon would touch it.

Maybe you could be the first to answer some of them.

Comment

That was a fun year, when there was at least one anti who had convinced herself of the conspiracy theory that I was Neal Knox's son or brother or something...it was an eye-opener into the shallow logic behind the accusations of antimormonism: fact one, my screen name contains the words "NRA" and "Jeff." Fact two, there is some guy somewhere named Jeff Knox who presumably supports the NRA. Conclusion jumped to: that guy MUST be me!

I wonder if similar logic resulted in the Salem witch hunts.
                            One poster claims that the CoJCoLDS assigns 'watchers' (a la 'big brother,' of 1984 fame) to all members, assigns members specifically to come to CARM to harry and harass the critics, and...in one memorable post...claims that we LDS posters here are actually ONE poster with a whole bunch of sock puppet accounts.

Oh, yeah....and let us not forget the Baby X thing.

I think we can safely discount any such theories coming from this source, or else...I know!

Let's start a 'Go Fund Me" campaign to get this poster a lifetime supply of tin foil, along with instructions for making the hats. I found this site; I'm particularly fond of 'The Flapper," 'The Sunhat," and "High Society." Indeed, I think one could get away with 'High Society" at tomorrow's Royal Wedding, if one were to slip through and actually get, y'know, invited.

They have instructions for more manly head gear, as well; a fedora, a couple of Roman helmets....everybody is, er, covered.

Perhaps if one wears such accouterments while typing, one will be slightly less likely to sound like "Ancient Aliens" is more important than the Bible in terms of historical research.
                            One is not cruel to ones brother. One does not hurt one's sister. One does not vilify or harm one's peers or one's friends. No, he who one would persecute must first be made 'other.'

Comment

Originally posted by Bonnie View Post

Ralf would you like to see some questions I have asked Mormons that I almost never got an answer for? One Mormon did try to answer one of my questions but got it 100% wrong. But at least he tried and was very nice about it. But no other Mormon would touch it.

Maybe you could be the first to answer some of them.
                              Well, Ralf, would you like to take a crack at answering a few questions? We could start with questions I have for Mormons about Ephesians 2. Let me know.

Comment

Working...
                              X