Announcement

Collapse

Message to all users:

https://carm.org/forum-rules

Super Member Subscription
https://carm.org/carm-super-members-banner-ad-signup

As most of you are aware, we had a crash to forums and were down for over two days a while back. We did have to do an upgrade to the vbulletin software to fix the forums and that has created changes, VB no longer provide the hybrid or threaded forums. There are some issues/changes to the forums we are not able to fix or change. Also note the link address change, please let friends and posters know of the changed link to the forums. For now this is the only link available, https://forums.carm.org/vb5/ but if clicking on forum on carm.org homepage it will now send you to this link. (edited to add https: now working.

Again, we are working through some of the posting and viewing issues to learn how to post with the changes, you will have to check and test the different features, icons that have changed. You may also want to go to profile settings,since many of the notifications, information in profile, also to update/edit your avatar by clicking on avatar space, pull down arrow next to login for user settings.

Edit to add "How to read forums, to make it easier."
Pull down arrow next to login name upper right select profile, or user settings when page opens to profile,select link in tab that says Account. Then select/choose options, go down to Conversation Detail Options, Select Display mode Posts, NOT Activity, that selection of Posts will make the pages of discussions go to last post on last page rather than out of order that happens if you choose activity threads. Then be sure to go to bottom and select SAVE Changes in your profile options. You can then follow discussions by going through the pages, to the last page having latest responses. Then click on the other links Privacy, Notifications, to select viewing options,the forums get easier if you open all the tabs or links in your profile, user settings and select options. To join Super Member, pull down arrow next to login name, select User Settings and then click on tab/link at top that says Subscriptions.

Thank you for your patience and God Bless.

Diane S
https://carm.org/forum-rules
See more
See less

A*Bible! A Bible! We have*got a Bible, and there cannot be any more Bible.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by jamesone5 View Post
    And why is this nonsense----you got your side and then there is my side [along with everyone else that debates Mormons}---- they do not count?
    In the long run, no, your side won’t count for much.

    If the Church is true then obviously your side won’t count for much. But if the Church is false?? Then your side won’t count for much. What is Antl Mormonism if Mormonism fades away?

    Comment


    • Originally posted by jamesone5 View Post

      Uh, dianiad---right now on this Board we are debating representatives of the Religion that you hold so dear-----you are being the spokesperson for your Chruch are you not?

      So you have to prove to me that you personally that you do follow a legitimate Religion, while I have posted numerous post to reflect my Faith [not a Religion per se] which you choose to ignore.,and tend to only go for this "we Mormon's are persecuted" thing.
      Sorry, bub, but you are the one claiming that we are NOT legitimate. Your claim.

      First....define 'legitimate,' because at the moment I really don't know what YOU mean by the word.

      Cet animal est très méchant,
      Quand on l'attaque il se défend.

      Translation: "This animal is very bad; when you attack it, it defends itself."

      Comment


      • Originally posted by dianaiad View Post

        Say what?

        Do I even want to know what you just wrote?
        Uh. (blush) OK.....

        But you manage to do just fine without me chiming in.
        Cet animal est très méchant,
        Quand on l'attaque il se défend.

        Translation: "This animal is very bad; when you attack it, it defends itself."

        Comment


        • Originally posted by jamesone5 View Post

          Obsess----that is the word of the day as you "obsess" to prove you Chruch the True ONE to somehow to honor you other dead brother.

          An example of projecting?

          It certainly seem like that to me.
          Nope.. no projecting at all. You should learn what that means. I don't believe I have posted one single post in all the nearly 20,000 posts I have posted that was trying to PROVE my faith is the true one... Not a single post. And I don't recall I ever posted anything 'Honoring' my dead brother.EDIT insult As my posts are more about the fallacy and hypocrisy of Anti-Mormonism , then they are about PROVING my faith.. I don't need to PROVE my faith, least of all here.
          Last edited by Mod8; 07-11-18, 10:42 AM. Reason: 12
          “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” -- George Carlin

          We tolerate no one in our ranks who attacks the ideals of Christianity, our movement is Christian. - Adolf Hitler

          Comment


          • Originally posted by dianaiad View Post

            Sorry, bub, but you are the one claiming that we are NOT legitimate. Your claim.

            First....define 'legitimate,' because at the moment I really don't know what YOU mean by the word.
            I don't think our critic knows the meaning
            “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” -- George Carlin

            We tolerate no one in our ranks who attacks the ideals of Christianity, our movement is Christian. - Adolf Hitler

            Comment


            • Originally posted by JustaLurker View Post

              In the long run, no, your side won’t count for much.

              If the Church is true then obviously your side won’t count for much. But if the Church is false?? Then your side won’t count for much. What is Antl Mormonism if Mormonism fades away?
              What in heaven's name are you talking about?. That either your church be true or false ----that "my side" won"t count for much in the end?. "My Side" is Christ,or have you not figured that out yet?

              I do not adhere to "the sides" you have picked out for me and it is another example of how a Mormon pretends to speak for it;s detractors.

              Heck when it gets down to it, there are approximately 2 billion Christians who are ant-Mormons but they have not been apprised of the false claims as those of this on this Board have.

              Here we have supposedly real Mormon arguing their very clear "side" of the debate on real doctrinal issues
              Last edited by jamesone5; 07-10-18, 11:24 AM.

              Comment


              • Originally posted by oceancoast View Post

                Nope.. no projecting at all. You should learn what that means. I don't believe I have posted one single post in all the nearly 20,000 posts I have posted that was trying to PROVE my faith is the true one... Not a single post. And I don't recall I ever posted anything 'Honoring' my dead brother. That you THINK that I did is rather telling of some cognitive dissonance on your part. As my posts are more about the fallacy and hypocrisy of Anti-Mormonism , then they are about PROVING my faith.. I don't need to PROVE my faith, least of all here.
                So, your Chruch is NOT the One TRUE Chruch?

                Seems like you very testimony betrays that for you.

                Nuff, said.

                You just took yourself out of any further arguments.

                Comment


                • Originally posted by dianaiad View Post

                  Sorry, bub, but you are the one claiming that we are NOT legitimate. Your claim.

                  First....define 'legitimate,' because at the moment I really don't know what YOU mean by the word.


                  Why ask me what the meaning of the word "illegitimate" is, when you dispute your own words in the same sentence by saying "I really don't care what you mean by the word"

                  Are you THAT confused?

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by jamesone5 View Post



                    Why ask me what the meaning of the word "illegitimate" is, when you dispute your own words in the same sentence by saying "I really don't care what you mean by the word"

                    Are you THAT confused?
                    No, James, but I believe that you may be confused, at the very minimum.

                    After all, the sentence I wrote was "First....define 'legitimate,' because at the moment I really don't know what YOU mean by the word.

                    If you are unable to figure out the difference between the statements "I really don't know" and "I really don't care," you might want to do a little research.

                    Here. Let me help you.

                    From Merriam-Webster: Definition of know


                    knew play \ˈnü also ˈnyü\; known play \ˈnōn\; knowing transitive verb
                    1 a (1) : to perceive directly : have direct cognition of
                    (2) : to have understanding of
                    • importance of knowing oneself

                    (3) : to recognize the nature of : discern

                    b (1) : to recognize as being the same as something previously known
                    (2) : to be acquainted or familiar with
                    (3) : to have experience of


                    2 a : to be aware of the truth or factuality of : be convinced or certain of
                    b : to have a practical understanding of
                    • knows how to write


                    Definition of care


                    cared; caring intransitive verb
                    1 a : to feel trouble or anxiety
                    cared for his safety
                    b : to feel interest or concern
                    care about freedom

                    2 : to give care
                    care for the sick

                    3 a : to have a liking, fondness, or taste
                    don't care for your attitude
                    b : to have an inclination
                    would you care for some pie


                    I think that you, with the above aid, can figure out the difference between the two words. Then perhaps we can continue the conversation. Perhaps if you looked up the definition of 'legitimate,' we can agree on that definition, with any alterations you feel necessary for this particular purpose?
                    Last edited by dianaiad; 07-10-18, 11:59 AM.
                    Cet animal est très méchant,
                    Quand on l'attaque il se défend.

                    Translation: "This animal is very bad; when you attack it, it defends itself."

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by oceancoast View Post

                      I don't think our critic knows the meaning
                      Given recent evidence, perhaps not. However, he obviously has attached a meaning. As soon as he lets us know what that is, we can continue the conversation with a dictionary either at hand or sitting in a second window on the monitor.
                      Cet animal est très méchant,
                      Quand on l'attaque il se défend.

                      Translation: "This animal is very bad; when you attack it, it defends itself."

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by jamesone5 View Post

                        So, your Chruch is NOT the One TRUE Chruch?
                        I didn't say that now did I?


                        “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” -- George Carlin

                        We tolerate no one in our ranks who attacks the ideals of Christianity, our movement is Christian. - Adolf Hitler

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by dianaiad View Post

                          No, James, but I believe that you may be confused, at the very minimum.

                          After all, the sentence I wrote was "First....define 'legitimate,' because at the moment I really don't know what YOU mean by the word.

                          If you are unable to figure out the difference between the statements "I really don't know" and "I really don't care," you might want to do a little research.

                          Here. Let me help you.

                          From Merriam-Webster: Definition of know


                          knew play \ˈnü also ˈnyü\; known play \ˈnōn\; knowing transitive verb
                          1 a (1) : to perceive directly : have direct cognition of
                          (2) : to have understanding of
                          • importance of knowing oneself

                          (3) : to recognize the nature of : discern

                          b (1) : to recognize as being the same as something previously known
                          (2) : to be acquainted or familiar with
                          (3) : to have experience of


                          2 a : to be aware of the truth or factuality of : be convinced or certain of
                          b : to have a practical understanding of
                          • knows how to write


                          Definition of care


                          cared; caring intransitive verb
                          1 a : to feel trouble or anxiety
                          cared for his safety
                          b : to feel interest or concern
                          care about freedom

                          2 : to give care
                          care for the sick

                          3 a : to have a liking, fondness, or taste
                          don't care for your attitude
                          b : to have an inclination
                          would you care for some pie


                          I think that you, with the above aid, can figure out the difference between the two words. Then perhaps we can continue the conversation. Perhaps if you looked up the definition of 'legitimate,' we can agree on that definition, with any alterations you feel necessary for this particular purpose?
                          I will give you that small point--I did not read the quote fully.

                          But instead if of Websters' why do we not look to the Bible for Illegitimate or legitimate.

                          My NKJV list the word illegitimate as this as one of two verses that uses that word

                          Hebrews 12:8{NKJV]
                          But if you are without chastening, of which all have become partakers, then you are illegitimate and not sons.

                          It seems as if the Mormons, especially you, do not endure any kind of chastening from others [which God allows] and thus you are illegitimate

                          Instead you whine about it incessantly. Not a measure of a True Faith.

                          All of us True Christian endure chastening from time to time from others and our own very real problems.---all which God allows. Right here I am enduring chastening back from you Mormons and yet my Faith in Christ with the Holy Spirit remains even more solid..

                          But when one points out the double standards to you Mormons it falls on deaf ears

                          .
                          The word chasten by the way is defined in a Concordance ---as arguments.intended to correct.


                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by jamesone5 View Post

                            I will give you that small point--I did not read the quote fully.

                            But instead if of Websters' why do we not look to the Bible for Illegitimate or legitimate.

                            My NKJV list the word illegitimate as this as one of two verses that uses that word

                            Hebrews 12:8{NKJV]
                            But if you are without chastening, of which all have become partakers, then you are illegitimate and not sons.

                            It seems as if the Mormons, especially you, do not endure any kind of chastening from others [which God allows] and thus you are illegitimate

                            Instead you whine about it incessantly. Not a measure of a True Faith.

                            All of us True Christian endure chastening from time to time from others and our own very real problems.---all which God allows. Right here I am enduring chastening back from you Mormons and yet my Faith in Christ with the Holy Spirit remains even more solid..

                            But when one points out the double standards to you Mormons it falls on deaf ears

                            .
                            The word chasten by the way is defined in a Concordance ---as arguments.intended to correct.

                            Sorry.. the Bible and it's concordance do not DEFINE terms, they simply show usage.
                            “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” -- George Carlin

                            We tolerate no one in our ranks who attacks the ideals of Christianity, our movement is Christian. - Adolf Hitler

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by jamesone5 View Post

                              I will give you that small point--I did not read the quote fully.
                              I forgive you...though that wasn't precisely a 'small' point, given that it was the entire point. Still. we shall carry on now that you know what it is I actually did write.

                              Originally posted by jamesone5 View Post
                              But instead if of Websters' why do we not look to the Bible for Illegitimate or legitimate.
                              That's "Merriam-Webster," James. I believe that we had a conversation about this just a few weeks back, when you were rather insistent that my spelling error regarding 'Merriam" was a rather 'big deal,' indeed?

                              Oh, and the Bible doesn't define any word. It rather depends that those who read it understand the definition BEFORE they encounter it in the text, so that the reader will understand the point of that text.


                              Originally posted by jamesone5 View Post
                              My NKJV list the word illegitimate as this as one of two verses that uses that word

                              Hebrews 12:8{NKJV]
                              But if you are without chastening, of which all have become partakers, then you are illegitimate and not sons.
                              That's not a definition. That's a declaration with the assumption that the reader already knows the definition.

                              Originally posted by jamesone5 View Post
                              It seems as if the Mormons, especially you, do not endure any kind of chastening from others [which God allows] and thus you are illegitimate

                              Instead you whine about it incessantly. Not a measure of a True Faith.
                              Your opinion about us isn't a definition of the word 'legitimate,' James. What's the problem here? All I asked for was your definition of the word so that when we talk about it, we will both be on the same page, so to speak. Is that too much to ask?

                              Originally posted by jamesone5 View Post
                              All of us True Christian endure chastening from time to time from others and our own very real problems.---all which God allows. Right here I am enduring chastening back from you Mormons and yet my Faith in Christ with the Holy Spirit remains even more solid..
                              James, I'm sorry....but pointing out that you misread a post and then went on the warpath because you did so is not 'chastening.' It's simply pointing out an error. If I were to CHASTEN you, believe me, the post would have been far longer and would have brought up a great many more problems.

                              Originally posted by jamesone5 View Post
                              But when one points out the double standards to you Mormons it falls on deaf ears

                              .
                              The word chasten by the way is defined in a Concordance ---as arguments.intended to correct.

                              James.

                              You misread my post. You admit as much. Because of that misreading, you attacked me personally and were more than a little insulting. Indeed, in the post in which you acknowledged that you misread my post, you simply continued the ad hominems and went on the attack.

                              And you have the sheer gall to accuse ME of using double standards?

                              Look. If you want to talk about 'legitimacy,' then tell me what YOU believe the word means. Then we will both know what you are talking about when you accuse us of not being legitimate.

                              In THIS post, for instance, you have accused us all of being bastards and 'not sons.' Is THAT your definition of 'legitimate,' that we don't believe that we are the bastard children of God, and not 'true sons,' as you believe that YOU are a 'true son?"

                              Well, opinions differ. As for whether that is based upon how well one accepts chastening....well...(grin) I'll simply let your response speak for itself in regards to that.

                              Cet animal est très méchant,
                              Quand on l'attaque il se défend.

                              Translation: "This animal is very bad; when you attack it, it defends itself."

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by dianaiad View Post

                                I forgive you...though that wasn't precisely a 'small' point, given that it was the entire point. Still. we shall carry on now that you know what it is I actually did write.



                                That's "Merriam-Webster," James. I believe that we had a conversation about this just a few weeks back, when you were rather insistent that my spelling error regarding 'Merriam" was a rather 'big deal,' indeed?

                                Oh, and the Bible doesn't define any word. It rather depends that those who read it understand the definition BEFORE they encounter it in the text, so that the reader will understand the point of that text.




                                That's not a definition. That's a declaration with the assumption that the reader already knows the definition.



                                Your opinion about us isn't a definition of the word 'legitimate,' James. What's the problem here? All I asked for was your definition of the word so that when we talk about it, we will both be on the same page, so to speak. Is that too much to ask?



                                James, I'm sorry....but pointing out that you misread a post and then went on the warpath because you did so is not 'chastening.' It's simply pointing out an error. If I were to CHASTEN you, believe me, the post would have been far longer and would have brought up a great many more problems.



                                James.

                                You misread my post. You admit as much. Because of that misreading, you attacked me personally and were more than a little insulting. Indeed, in the post in which you acknowledged that you misread my post, you simply continued the ad hominems and went on the attack.

                                And you have the sheer gall to accuse ME of using double standards?

                                Look. If you want to talk about 'legitimacy,' then tell me what YOU believe the word means. Then we will both know what you are talking about when you accuse us of not being legitimate.

                                In THIS post, for instance, you have accused us all of being bastards and 'not sons.' Is THAT your definition of 'legitimate,' that we don't believe that we are the bastard children of God, and not 'true sons,' as you believe that YOU are a 'true son?"

                                Well, opinions differ. As for whether that is based upon how well one accepts chastening....well...(grin) I'll simply let your response speak for itself in regards to that.
                                This why we should not argue as words we utter have different meaning>. By the way it is with words through the Bible that God communicates with us--do you not know.? Even the still small voice you think you are hearing uses words.

                                Now here it the main point of you post that I want to respond to



                                Originally posted by jamesone5 View Post
                                My NKJV list the word illegitimate as this as one of two verses that uses that word

                                Hebrews 12:8{NKJV]
                                But if you are without chastening, of which all have become partakers, then you are illegitimate and not sons.
                                That's not a definition. That's a declaration with the assumption that the reader already knows the definition.

                                Your response"


                                That's not a definition. That's a declaration with the assumption that the reader already knows the definition.---dianiad
                                Obviously you do not understand what "conviction by arguments" as to chantening, because You go on saying we are Judging you when we are not

                                Where or where did I say you say this---- as it definitively is a form of judging that you are accusing me of? Did I specifically say you are one of these?


                                In THIS post, for instance, you have accused us all of being bastards and 'not sons--dianiad.
                                Obviously, chastening is the things from others [even from non-Mormons] that we should measure our won Walk with Christ with


                                I can safely assume that you do NOT know the definition --so why argue the point?

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X