Announcement

Collapse

Message to all users:

https://carm.org/forum-rules

Super Member Subscription
https://carm.org/carm-super-members-banner-ad-signup

As most of you are aware, we had a crash to forums and were down for over two days a while back. We did have to do an upgrade to the vbulletin software to fix the forums and that has created changes, VB no longer provide the hybrid or threaded forums. There are some issues/changes to the forums we are not able to fix or change. Also note the link address change, please let friends and posters know of the changed link to the forums. For now this is the only link available, https://forums.carm.org/vb5/ but if clicking on forum on carm.org homepage it will now send you to this link. (edited to add https: now working.

Again, we are working through some of the posting and viewing issues to learn how to post with the changes, you will have to check and test the different features, icons that have changed. You may also want to go to profile settings,since many of the notifications, information in profile, also to update/edit your avatar by clicking on avatar space, pull down arrow next to login for user settings.

Edit to add "How to read forums, to make it easier."
Pull down arrow next to login name upper right select profile, or user settings when page opens to profile,select link in tab that says Account. Then select/choose options, go down to Conversation Detail Options, Select Display mode Posts, NOT Activity, that selection of Posts will make the pages of discussions go to last post on last page rather than out of order that happens if you choose activity threads. Then be sure to go to bottom and select SAVE Changes in your profile options. You can then follow discussions by going through the pages, to the last page having latest responses. Then click on the other links Privacy, Notifications, to select viewing options,the forums get easier if you open all the tabs or links in your profile, user settings and select options. To join Super Member, pull down arrow next to login name, select User Settings and then click on tab/link at top that says Subscriptions.

Thank you for your patience and God Bless.

Diane S
https://carm.org/forum-rules
See more
See less

Should We Stop Posting the Truth if it Offends Mormons?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[QUOTE=The Barrd;n5325201]
    Originally posted by The Barrd View Post
    l

Q: How do you stop an elephant from charging?
    A: Take away his credit card.
    lol.

Q: what should you do if you get swallowed by an elephant.
    A: ... run around and around until you get pooped out!

Comment

I have a problem with rude people, whether on or off the internet. I have a very BIG problem with hypocrites. I have a problem with people who take money that does not belong to them to build useless buildings that nobody will use.

It is like a really bad elephant joke....
      Every single time.

Every charge made by antl Mormons turns out to be things they are guilty of, not the Mormons.

rude
      hypocritical
      edit/divisive
      Last edited by CARM Admin; 06-13-18, 10:38 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by JustaLurker View Post

Every single time.

Every charge made by antl Mormons turns out to be things they are guilty of, not the Mormons.

rude.
        hypocritical
        edit.
        Oh, please.
        I tell you that you are loved, because you are...how does that make me rude?
        I tell you that Mormonism is not Christianity, because it isn't. Christianity is all about Jesus Christ. How does that make me a hypocrite?
        And heaven knows, I don't have any money. I live in a tiny little cottage in southern Alabama with a roof that leaks and a waterlogged back wall...

It seems to me that you are the one here being rude. I have no idea what I did to you, other than believe differently than you.
        Hypocritical? I can't really say that, because, as far as I know you really do believe what Mormonism teaches. Silly? Yes. Hypocritical? No.
        And money? You have GOT to be putting me on. I live on SSI...that is $750 a month. Mormons, on the other hand, seem to be raking it in, hand over fist.

But you have it your way...
        And good luck to you.
        Last edited by CARM Admin; 06-13-18, 10:38 AM.
        God Who was made flesh for me and nailed upon a lonely tree
        What gift can I bring that would suffice to repay such great sacrifice?
        All that I am I lay at Your throne. Make me, Lord, Your very Own.

Comment

Originally posted by CTR-Lloyd View Post

lol.

Q: what should you do if you get swallowed by an elephant.
          A: ... run around and around until you get pooped out!
          We believe in being honest, true, and chased by an elephant.
          Last edited by Magdalena; 06-13-18, 06:19 AM.
          ~ There is life after mormonism, and it's good! Just stay close to Christ.
          ~ You can't follow Christ and false prophets at the same time.
          ~ "Come to Me, all who are weary and heavy-laden, and I will give you rest." Matthew 11:28

Comment

I have a problem with rude people, whether on or off the internet. I have a very BIG problem with hypocrites. I have a problem with people who take money that does not belong to them to build useless buildings that nobody will use.

It is like a really bad elephant joke....
            Actually, Mormons do use their temples....but only the "worthy" can get in to do their rituals so they can be "worthy" to be "exalted' to "godhood" after death.

Thank the true Jesus Christ of the Bible that He calls the UNworthy--which is all of us--to repentance and invites us to come to Him for salvation and rest for our souls. And He is with us whenever two or three are gathered together in His name--no matter where that will be--garage, picnic area, storefront, church building, living room--then that place becomes God's house.

The true God of the Bible doesn't live in Mormon temples. He has nothing to do with them or what goes on inside of them.
            "I am tired of being treated like a mushroom--they keep me in the dark and feed me manure!" (reasons why a Mormon was leaving the LDS church)
            "What people don't realize is how much religion costs. They think faith is a big electric blanket, when of course, it is the cross."--Flannery O'Connor
            "I am a Missouri Synod Lutheran--NOT REFORMED/CALVINIST. PLEASE learn the difference."
            "The truth may hurt for a little while, but a lie hurts forever."--anonymous
            "If Jesus isn't THE WAY, then there is nothing else."--Bob

Comment

I have a problem with rude people...... I have a very BIG problem with hypocrites.
              Some rude people accuse entire groups of other people of being insane, power-mad pedophile-worshiping satanists.

Some hypocrites are rude people who accuse others of rudeness and hypocrisy.

And you "have a problem" with rude people and hypocrites....interesting.
              "PWCSLWRTIMSL"="PeopleWhoCSLewisWasReferringToInMy SignatureLine"
              ..whenever a person's religious conversation dwells..even frequently on the faults of other people's religions, he is in a bad condition-C.S. Lewis

Comment

Originally posted by NRA-Jeff View Post
                Some rude people accuse entire groups of other people of being insane, power-mad pedophile-worshiping satanists.

Some hypocrites are rude people who accuse others of rudeness and hypocrisy.

And you "have a problem" with rude people and hypocrites....interesting.
                I calls 'em like I sees 'em.
                Anyone who thinks they can be a "god" is power-mad. Anyone who thinks it is okay to "marry" little girls is a pedophile.

You know, Jesus had a problem with rude people and hypocrites, as well.

Comment

I calls 'em like I sees 'em.
                  Anyone who thinks they can be a "god" is power-mad. Anyone who thinks it is okay to "marry" little girls is a pedophile.

You know, Jesus had a problem with rude people and hypocrites, as well.
                  And also, just consider the fact that the discussion is with people who believe they are going to be gods. That has to sort of impugn their statements big time.
                  Christian scholar John MacArthur about Mormonism: “Mormonism is wrong in epic proportions.”

Comment

Originally posted by Catherine Aurelia View Post

And also, just consider the fact that the discussion is with people who believe they are going to be gods. That has to sort of impugn their statements big time.
                    That is how I got involved in the "Christian vs Mormon" debate in the first place. I had foolishly made a bet with a friend of mine that no idiot was silly enough to think he/she might ever be a god.
                    It cost me $50 to discover how wrong I was....

What I have learned first....ugh.

Comment

That is how I got involved in the "Christian vs Mormon" debate in the first place. I had foolishly made a bet with a friend of mine that no idiot was silly enough to think he/she might ever be a god.
                      It cost me $50 to discover how wrong I was....

What I have learned first....ugh.
                      That will teach you to gamble, Barrd!
                      "I am tired of being treated like a mushroom--they keep me in the dark and feed me manure!" (reasons why a Mormon was leaving the LDS church)
                      "What people don't realize is how much religion costs. They think faith is a big electric blanket, when of course, it is the cross."--Flannery O'Connor
                      "I am a Missouri Synod Lutheran--NOT REFORMED/CALVINIST. PLEASE learn the difference."
                      "The truth may hurt for a little while, but a lie hurts forever."--anonymous
                      "If Jesus isn't THE WAY, then there is nothing else."--Bob

Comment

Originally posted by Bonnie View Post

That will teach you to gamble, Barrd!
                        Ahh, well. She took me out for a fancy dinner with that cash.
                        But you're right...I learned a few lessons that day.

Thou shalt not gamble was one of them.

Comment

Oh, please.
                          I tell you that you are loved, because you are...how does that make me rude?
                          I tell you that Mormonism is not Christianity, because it isn't. Christianity is all about Jesus Christ. How does that make me a hypocrite?
                          And heaven knows, I don't have any money. I live in a tiny little cottage in southern Alabama with a roof that leaks and a waterlogged back wall...

It seems to me that you are the one here being rude. I have no idea what I did to you, other than believe differently than you.
                          Hypocritical? I can't really say that, because, as far as I know you really do believe what Mormonism teaches. Silly? Yes. Hypocritical? No.
                          And money? You have GOT to be putting me on. I live on SSI...that is $750 a month. Mormons, on the other hand, seem to be raking it in, hand over fist.

But you have it your way...
                          And good luck to you.
                          But remember, a lot of Mormon wealth is borderline criminal, or outright criminal. A good Mormon friend of mine wasted her inheritance by trusting in a "counselor" who was "LDS" and advised her to invest in penny stocks. Gullibility is a problem with Mormons as far as I can see.

https://www.deseretnews.com/article/...ment-hurt.html

Christian scholar John MacArthur about Mormonism: “Mormonism is wrong in epic proportions.”

Comment

But remember, a lot of Mormon wealth is borderline criminal, or outright criminal. A good Mormon friend of mine wasted her inheritance by trusting in a "counselor" who was "LDS" and advised her to invest in penny stocks. Gullibility is a problem with Mormons as far as I can see.

Gullibility I can forgive.
                            I've been known to be a tad gullible, myself.
                            Arrogance...
                            I have a bit of a problem with that....

Comment

Arrogance...
                              First one needs to identify 'arrogance' and tell the difference between it and an inability to put up with irrationality. Especially repeated irrationality, and very especially repeated and deliberate irrationality.
                              One is not cruel to ones brother. One does not hurt one's sister. One does not vilify or harm one's peers or one's friends. No, he who one would persecute must first be made 'other.'

Comment

Arrogance...

Comment

Working...
                                X