Announcement

Collapse

Message to all users:

https://carm.org/forum-rules

Super Member Subscription
https://carm.org/carm-super-members-banner-ad-signup

As most of you are aware, we had a crash to forums and were down for over two days a while back. We did have to do an upgrade to the vbulletin software to fix the forums and that has created changes, VB no longer provide the hybrid or threaded forums. There are some issues/changes to the forums we are not able to fix or change. Also note the link address change, please let friends and posters know of the changed link to the forums. For now this is the only link available, https://forums.carm.org/vb5/ but if clicking on forum on carm.org homepage it will now send you to this link. (edited to add https: now working.

Again, we are working through some of the posting and viewing issues to learn how to post with the changes, you will have to check and test the different features, icons that have changed. You may also want to go to profile settings,since many of the notifications, information in profile, also to update/edit your avatar by clicking on avatar space, pull down arrow next to login for user settings.

Edit to add "How to read forums, to make it easier."
Pull down arrow next to login name upper right select profile, or user settings when page opens to profile,select link in tab that says Account. Then select/choose options, go down to Conversation Detail Options, Select Display mode Posts, NOT Activity, that selection of Posts will make the pages of discussions go to last post on last page rather than out of order that happens if you choose activity threads. Then be sure to go to bottom and select SAVE Changes in your profile options. You can then follow discussions by going through the pages, to the last page having latest responses. Then click on the other links Privacy, Notifications, to select viewing options,the forums get easier if you open all the tabs or links in your profile, user settings and select options. To join Super Member, pull down arrow next to login name, select User Settings and then click on tab/link at top that says Subscriptions.

Thank you for your patience and God Bless.

Diane S
https://carm.org/forum-rules
See more
See less

Could it be Satan

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Could it be Satan

According to a man named Jacob Shelton, there are 12 ways that Mormonism is very close to Satanism. These are

1. They both have a history of blood sacrifices.
    2. Both religions had a controversial beginning.
    3. They both have very strange tenets.
    4. Both religions have some bizarre rituals.
    5. Both have myths about evil sea monsters.
    6. Polygamy fits right into the Satanist concept of free love.
    7. Mormonism and Satanism agree, you do not have to love everyone.
    8. Symbolism is important in both religions.
    9. They each have their own holidays.
    10. With either church, you're going to have to cough up some money.
    11. They both have a pantheon of gods and demons.
    12. They both have a hierarchy of priests.

To be very honest, most of what I know about Mormonism I have learned in these threads.
    What I know about Satanism I learned from a gal who decided she wanted to be a "real witch." She makes quite a bit of money telling the future and casting love spells.

I am very sure of this much.....I do not need or want any more than what I find in the Bible...particularly in the four Gospels.
    God Who was made flesh for me and nailed upon a lonely tree
    What gift can I bring that would suffice to repay such great sacrifice?
    All that I am I lay at Your throne. Make me, Lord, Your very Own.

Jacob Shelton doesn't seem to know anything about Mormonism, so it would be a bad idea to take him seriously.

Comment

Originally posted by Craig View Post
      Jacob Shelton doesn't seem to know anything about Mormonism, so it would be a bad idea to take him seriously.
      Maybe.
      I don't know the guy, but I do agree with much of what he says.
      I don't know you, either...

See how that works?

Comment

Originally posted by The Barrd View Post
        According to a man named Jacob Shelton, there are 12 ways that Mormonism is very close to Satanism. These are

Except for Mormonism which has only the blood sacrifice associated with the Atonement of the Savior.

Yea, Satanism, Mormonism and the rest of Christianity all had controversial beginnings.

All religion has very strange tenets. If they weren’t strange they wouldn’t require faith.

Yep, baptizing as symbolism of death and resurection. Eating (symbolically) the flesh and drinking the blood of our God. We all have pretty bizarre rituals

We do?

Mormons are pretty strict about chastity and fidelity.

There you confused the Mormons with the Evangelicals. No Mormon on this board ever claimed that, but some Evangelicals hold that idea very dear.

Yep, Mormonism and the rest of Christianity see symbolism as very important.

Satanism has their own? I know Mormonism does and so does the rest of Christianity.

Yep, just like the rest of Christianity.

We do? Could you name 5 Mormon God’s and 5 Mormon demons for us?

So Satanism has a Priesthood? I know Mormonism does and so does most of the rest of Christianity.

To be very honest, most of what I know about Mormonism I have learned in these threads.
        What I know about Satanism I learned from a gal who decided she wanted to be a "real witch." She makes quite a bit of money telling the future and casting love spells.

I am very sure of this much.....I do not need or want any more than what I find in the Bible...particularly in the four Gospels.
        Out of 12 you have 8 which are standard for all of Christendom, 3 that you simply got wrong, and 1 that is y’alls issue instead of ours. So according to your own formula y’all are more akin to Satanism than we are.

Comment

Originally posted by JustaLurker View Post

Out of 12 you have 8 which are standard for all of Christendom, 3 that you simply got wrong, and 1 that is y’alls issue instead of ours. So according to your own formula y’all are more akin to Satanism than we are.
          About the blood sacrifices...

Joseph Smith used to do that with animals during some of his treasure seeking rituals.

The temple bloody death oaths.

Brigham Young's teachings about blood atonement for sin.

Mormons have stated here that blood sacrifice will be reinstated in the temple at Christs return.
          ~ There is life after mormonism, and it's good! Just stay close to Christ.
          ~ You can't follow Christ and false prophets at the same time.
          ~ "Come to Me, all who are weary and heavy-laden, and I will give you rest." Matthew 11:28

Comment

Originally posted by Magdalena View Post

About the blood sacrifices...

Joseph Smith used to do that with animals during some of his treasure seeking rituals.

The temple bloody death oaths.

Brigham Young's teachings about blood atonement for sin.

Mormons have stated here that blood sacrifice will be reinstated in the temple at Christs return.
            Which means that Mormons must think Jesus' blood isn't good enough to cover all our sins. That what He accomplished for us on the cross wasn't good enough, or complete enough--that He needs us to add our own works--and blood--into the mix. Sad.
            "I am tired of being treated like a mushroom--they keep me in the dark and feed me manure!" (reasons why a Mormon was leaving the LDS church)
            "What people don't realize is how much religion costs. They think faith is a big electric blanket, when of course, it is the cross."--Flannery O'Connor
            "I am a Missouri Synod Lutheran--NOT REFORMED/CALVINIST. PLEASE learn the difference."
            "The truth may hurt for a little while, but a lie hurts forever."--anonymous
            "If Jesus isn't THE WAY, then there is nothing else."--Bob

Comment

Maybe you could be a bit more specific?
              If eight out of the twelve are "standard for all of Christendom, which eight are you speaking of? Which three did I "get wrong"? And which is the one that is our issue instead of yours?

Comment

Originally posted by Craig View Post
                The list he posted is pretty right on the money

Comment

Originally posted by TheMatrixHasU71 View Post

The list he posted is pretty right on the money
                  What about the "evil sea monsters" one? Never heard of that before.
                  "I am tired of being treated like a mushroom--they keep me in the dark and feed me manure!" (reasons why a Mormon was leaving the LDS church)
                  "What people don't realize is how much religion costs. They think faith is a big electric blanket, when of course, it is the cross."--Flannery O'Connor
                  "I am a Missouri Synod Lutheran--NOT REFORMED/CALVINIST. PLEASE learn the difference."
                  "The truth may hurt for a little while, but a lie hurts forever."--anonymous
                  "If Jesus isn't THE WAY, then there is nothing else."--Bob

Comment

So does Christianity...in fact, the entirety of Christianity is based upon a blood sacrifice; the Atonement of the Savior.

So did Christianity...and certainly most of the sects within Christianity. Protestantism as a whole was extremely controversial.

All religious tenets are strange to those who don't believe in that religion. Why, some Christians play with snakes and drink poison. Some writhe around during meetings, shouting in strange 'tongues.' Some say that it is a sin to dance. Some say it's a sin not to. Some believe that the wafers and wine consumed at communion are actually, LITERALLY, the blood and flesh of the Savior. Some believe in music, some don't. Some believe in predestination. Some don't. All these tenets are strange to those who don't agree with 'em.

.........like sprinkling water on the head of an infant to baptize him/her? Like the afore mentioned 'speaking in tongues," or snake handling or poison drinking or being called to the front of the congregation to announce that s/he has been 'saved,' or weddings? "bizarre" is in the eye of the beholder.

Wait. What?

You aren't talking about Jonah's fish, here, are you?

According to what imaginary supermarket tabloid?

Uh...that's not us. That's YOU GUYS, who claim that you only have to love the 'elect.'

You mean, like the symbolism of the cross, or liturgical garments for preachers, or altar cloths, or candles, or communion? OF COURSE symbolism is important. That's how humans learn and remember things.

You mean, like Christmas and Easter?

Like the 'offering plate' passed around during meetings?

As someone else has already demanded: name some.

Ephesians 4:11

Not by listening to the MORMONS, you haven't.

So...ask her. Is she a Satanist or a Wiccan? There is a difference. Really, there is.

It would be very good if you would actually read what is in those four Gospels, the Barrd.

Cet animal est très méchant,
                    Quand on l'attaque il se défend.

Translation: "This animal is very bad; when you attack it, it defends itself."

Comment

So if I were to find a site on the internet where some guy claimed that extremist antimormonism is extremely close to Nazism, the Klan, the Pol Pot regime, the zombies in "The Walking Dead"
                      and the Salem Witch Trial leaders, the right thing to do is to endorse it and spread it further on the internet.

Okay, if that's the right thing to do....

Comment

Mormonism is OF Satan, obviously. Satan hates the Gospel of Christ, and we often see that hatred manifested here by the personal attacks Mormons will launch on Christian posters and their mocking of Christianity (chuckles, etc.). This all emanates from the influence of Satan and his demonic hordes. Are Mormons possessed - some may be, even some here. Maybe not total possession but definitely oppression and an underlying hatred of the Biblical Christ. Those that mock the Trinity, for instance, are acting under Satanic influence. Those that constantly feel the need to blaspheme the Lord. Smith, himself, mocked the Holy Trinity, and I believe he was possessed at an early age by dabbling in the occult, seeking spirit beings, etc. This is why he seemed to lose any conscience (he had a seared conscience), and had no problem pretending he was "god" when giving phony revelations. Today we call men like Smith, psychopathic sociopaths. Right up there with others like Bundy and Koresh. So, yes, Mormonism definitely has a Satanic component and has had one since its creation by Smith.

Joseph Smith exhibited many characteristics of a psychopathic personality:

1. Uncaring
                        2. Shallow Emotions
                        3. Irresponsibility
                        4.Insincere speech (they also have problems understanding metaphors and figures of speech which I've detected here)
                        5. Over Confidence ("I will fly over my enemies, ring a bell?)
                        6. Narrowing of Attention (inability to process emotions, for instance; impulsiveness)
                        7. Selfishness (Smith was absolutely selfish, living in a mansion while allowing other poor Mormons to live in tents)
                        8. Inability to correctly plan for future (why move a whole group of people to a mosquito infested swamp like Nauvoo where so many died of malaria and other mosquito borne diseases?)
                        9. Violence - Smith would tackle those who disagreed with him, engaged in punching out his own brother, and was known for his violent nature according to Bringem' Young.
                        source: Psychology Today:
                        Clues That You May Be Dealing With a Psychopath. The neuroscience of psychopathy reports some intriguing findings.
                        Posted Jun 08, 2017

I would say that many of these psychopathic traits could be the result of demonic infestations.
                        Last edited by Catherine Aurelia; 06-13-18, 11:43 AM.
                        Christian scholar John MacArthur about Mormonism: “Mormonism is wrong in epic proportions.”

Comment

Originally posted by Bonnie View Post

What about the "evil sea monsters" one? Never heard of that before.
                          Joseph Smith taught that Satan rules the waters.
                          Christian scholar John MacArthur about Mormonism: “Mormonism is wrong in epic proportions.”

Comment

Originally posted by Bonnie View Post

Which means that Mormons must think Jesus' blood isn't good enough to cover all our sins. That what He accomplished for us on the cross wasn't good enough, or complete enough--that He needs us to add our own works--and blood--into the mix. Sad.
                            And that's why they teach that Joseph Smith's blood was needed to "restore" Christianity (really to make a counterfeit form of Christianity, and inviting Satan right into the middle of it).

Comment

Mormonism teaches that there are more gods than the particles of matter in all the worlds. At least that's what one of your phony apostles taught, and there are many more quotes from Mormon leaders about the Mormon pantheon of deities here:

http://www.mormonthink.com/QUOTES/plurality.htm

Your "y'alls" are still not posting correctly. Maybe you should return to proper English.
                              Last edited by Catherine Aurelia; 06-13-18, 12:06 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X