Announcement

Collapse

Message to all users:

https://carm.org/forum-rules

Super Member Subscription
https://carm.org/carm-super-members-banner-ad-signup

As most of you are aware, we had a crash to forums and were down for over two days a while back. We did have to do an upgrade to the vbulletin software to fix the forums and that has created changes, VB no longer provide the hybrid or threaded forums. There are some issues/changes to the forums we are not able to fix or change. Also note the link address change, please let friends and posters know of the changed link to the forums. For now this is the only link available, https://forums.carm.org/vb5/ but if clicking on forum on carm.org homepage it will now send you to this link. (edited to add https: now working.

Again, we are working through some of the posting and viewing issues to learn how to post with the changes, you will have to check and test the different features, icons that have changed. You may also want to go to profile settings,since many of the notifications, information in profile, also to update/edit your avatar by clicking on avatar space, pull down arrow next to login for user settings.

Edit to add "How to read forums, to make it easier."
Pull down arrow next to login name upper right select profile, or user settings when page opens to profile,select link in tab that says Account. Then select/choose options, go down to Conversation Detail Options, Select Display mode Posts, NOT Activity, that selection of Posts will make the pages of discussions go to last post on last page rather than out of order that happens if you choose activity threads. Then be sure to go to bottom and select SAVE Changes in your profile options. You can then follow discussions by going through the pages, to the last page having latest responses. Then click on the other links Privacy, Notifications, to select viewing options,the forums get easier if you open all the tabs or links in your profile, user settings and select options. To join Super Member, pull down arrow next to login name, select User Settings and then click on tab/link at top that says Subscriptions.

Thank you for your patience and God Bless.

Diane S
https://carm.org/forum-rules
See more
See less

Hill Cumorah Pageant

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hill Cumorah Pageant

I'm headed to Palmyra for pageant this weekend and plan to engage the anti's per usual (the nice ones under the tents, not the maniacs with the megaphones). However, we haven't been up in about five years now (we used to go every year). Each year there have been different trends in antimormon propaganda. In previous years it was Joseph Smith's wives, first vision accounts, etc. I'm curious as to what the recent popular topics are for anti's now so that I can know what to expect.

Originally posted by urloony View Post
    I'm headed to Palmyra for pageant this weekend and plan to engage the anti's per usual (the nice ones under the tents, not the maniacs with the megaphones). However, we haven't been up in about five years now (we used to go every year). Each year there have been different trends in antimormon propaganda. In previous years it was Joseph Smith's wives, first vision accounts, etc. I'm curious as to what the recent popular topics are for anti's now so that I can know what to expect.
    You may have come to the right place to find that out. If the antis who post here are willing to divulge that information. (grin) It might be a secret. You know, along the lines of operational security?

Comment

Originally posted by urloony View Post
      Sorry, I dont have a clue what anyone does there. Or what anyone else talks about, except here at CARM. Most of us arent involved in organized anti-mormonism. We just have our own beliefs that we share.
      ~ There is life after mormonism, and it's good! Just stay close to Christ.
      ~ You can't follow Christ and false prophets at the same time.
      ~ "Come to Me, all who are weary and heavy-laden, and I will give you rest." Matthew 11:28

Comment

Originally posted by NRA-Jeff

Nah, they have said that NOTHING they do is in secret.
        And antis never lie...oh, wait: What was it that one of their founders, Mr. Decker, reportedly said was okay to do when (you think) you're fighting the devil's church?
        We have stated that nothing Jesus taught was in secret--as He Himself said. And that what we do in our churches isn't secret, either. I don't recall anyone saying that nothing we DO, period, is done in secret. I secretly bought my husband a pair of cute summer PJ's for Father's Day....I kept that a secret from him, until I gave the present to him so he could open it, right before we left on our 2 week trip to Alaska.

And I have no idea what Decker wrote about that. I have just read his one book, The God Makers. (I did read the second volume but only once, like 20 years ago or so) I reread it 3 years ago, when Decker was on here for a month. I still saw nothing false in it, and by then I knew a lot more of what Mormonism teaches than I did 6 years ago, when I first started coming on here regularly. He wrote that his team of lawyers read through his book, to make sure there was nothing litigious in it, before publication.

But if you dislike Decker so much ,then by golly, sit yourself down and write to him yourself with your complaints about him and what he wrote. He has poor eyesight, due to macular degeneration, and his wife has a boatload of health problems, but if he is able, I am sure he would be willing to dialog with you.
        "I am tired of being treated like a mushroom--they keep me in the dark and feed me manure!" (reasons why a Mormon was leaving the LDS church)
        "What people don't realize is how much religion costs. They think faith is a big electric blanket, when of course, it is the cross."--Flannery O'Connor
        "I am a Missouri Synod Lutheran--NOT REFORMED/CALVINIST. PLEASE learn the difference."
        "The truth may hurt for a little while, but a lie hurts forever."--anonymous
        "If Jesus isn't THE WAY, then there is nothing else."--Bob

Comment

Originally posted by Bonnie View Post
          We have stated that nothing Jesus taught was in secret--as He Himself said. And that what we do in our churches isn't secret, either.
          Didn't your church's founder tell someone to keep his Christian polygamy a secret from the rest of the church?

And I have no idea what Decker wrote about that.
          Do you WANT to know???

I have just read his one book, The God Makers. (I did read the second volume but only once, like 20 years ago or so) I reread it 3 years ago, when Decker was on here for a month. I still saw nothing false in it,
          Wow. That speaks volumes. Hypothetically, if the Tanners DID find, and DOCUMENTED, false things in his books, what would that say about the fact that YOU found NOTHING false in his books?

and by then I knew a lot more of what Mormonism teaches than I did 6 years ago,
          I know a lot more of what Mormonism teaches than you currently do. And I found lots of false stuff in his books. So did the Tanners. I guess that means that you really don't know a lot about what Mormonism teaches, and/or what you THINK you know about it is incorrect. Otherwise, you'd have found those false things in Decker's books like the Tanners and I did.

He wrote that his team of lawyers read through his book, to make sure there was nothing litigious in it, before publication.
          He can write that he hired the best lawyers in the world to find mistakes and they found none in his books.
          That, plus $5, is worth a cup of Starbucks coffee.

But if you dislike Decker so much ,then by golly, sit yourself down and write to him yourself with your complaints about him and what he wrote.
          Can't I just continue to do what I am doing--educate antis about the fact that their mentor and idol isn't as honest as they think he is?
          Why the need to write to HIM about it? He's already been told by THE TANNERS that some of his junk is untrue. You think he's gonna acknowledge his false claims and repent of them when he hears from ME, when hearing it from THE TANNERS resulted in no acknowledgement, and no repentance????
          Why would you expect THAT result???

(His response to the The Tanners was basically "You're possessed by Satan. If you want, I will cast the demons out of you" according to the Tanners)
          What do you think he's gonna say to ME? "Gee, wow, I had no idea the stuff I have been accusing LDS of was so false. THANK YOU for telling me, I will issue apologies and retractions right away" ????

Comment

Originally posted by urloony
            EDIT PER MOD
            It's against the rules to talk about anyones personal life here. You know that. And to make insulting comments to or about them. Thats why people were getting suspended.
            Last edited by 4Him; 07-19-18, 06:43 PM.
            ~ "Come to Me, all who are weary and heavy-laden, and I will give you rest." Matthew 11:28

Comment

Originally posted by urloony
              EDIT
              He isn't that "highly regarded" in "anti circles." I regard Sandra Tanner much higher, for instance.

. However, he did have the intestinal fortitude to come on here for a month, from mid-May 2015- through mid June 2015, to answer questions. He asked to be shown any errors in his first book THE GOD MAKERS. No one did. Instead they attacked his character and personal life. instead of dealing with his book and showing supposed errors in it.

I and a former Mormon on here reread it and couldn't find any errors in it about Mormonism or Mormon history, except he quoted someone who wrongly attributed the Snow Couplet to someone else. Although this person was quoting a Mormon who was quoting Snow I found out, when I dug a little deeper.

And if this book had been so libelous, then why didn't the LDS church sue him? But one of the very first things students in Journalism school learn is that the best defense against libel is the truth. And the book was heavily footnoted.

However, knowing the antipathy most Mormons have for Decker I have never quoted his book on here. Only quoted him when he was talking about why he divorced his first wife and about how lawyers looked over his manuscript for THE GOD MAKERS to make sure nothing libelous was in it, which i got from his website.
              Last edited by 4Him; 07-19-18, 06:43 PM.
              "I am tired of being treated like a mushroom--they keep me in the dark and feed me manure!" (reasons why a Mormon was leaving the LDS church)
              "What people don't realize is how much religion costs. They think faith is a big electric blanket, when of course, it is the cross."--Flannery O'Connor
              "I am a Missouri Synod Lutheran--NOT REFORMED/CALVINIST. PLEASE learn the difference."

Comment

Originally posted by Bonnie View Post

We have stated that nothing Jesus taught was in secret--as He Himself said. And that what we do in our churches isn't secret, either. I don't recall anyone saying that nothing we DO, period, is done in secret. I secretly bought my husband a pair of cute summer PJ's for Father's Day....I kept that a secret from him, until I gave the present to him so he could open it, right before we left on our 2 week trip to Alaska.

And I have no idea what Decker wrote about that. I have just read his one book, The God Makers. (I did read the second volume but only once, like 20 years ago or so) I reread it 3 years ago, when Decker was on here for a month. I still saw nothing false in it, and by then I knew a lot more of what Mormonism teaches than I did 6 years ago, when I first started coming on here regularly. He wrote that his team of lawyers read through his book, to make sure there was nothing litigious in it, before publication.

But if you dislike Decker so much ,then by golly, sit yourself down and write to him yourself with your complaints about him and what he wrote. He has poor eyesight, due to macular degeneration, and his wife has a boatload of health problems, but if he is able, I am sure he would be willing to dialog with you.
                LOL - That you didn't see anything False in Decker's book just demonstrates just how acute your blinders are to truth.
                “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” -- George Carlin

We tolerate no one in our ranks who attacks the ideals of Christianity, our movement is Christian. - Adolf Hitler

Comment

Originally posted by Magdalena View Post

It's against the rules to talk about anyones personal life here. You know that. And to make insulting comments to or about them. Thats why people were getting suspended.
                  Really, you seem to talk about the personal life of many LDS .. Joseph Smith, Monson?
                  “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” -- George Carlin

We tolerate no one in our ranks who attacks the ideals of Christianity, our movement is Christian. - Adolf Hitler

Comment

Originally posted by oceancoast View Post

Really, you seem to talk about the personal life of many LDS .. Joseph Smith, Monson?
                    They dont post here.

Comment

Originally posted by Magdalena View Post

They dont post here.
                      Neither does Ed Decker. He hasn't posted here for THREE YEARS.

Comment

EDITED

How does it make you feel when you post something like that? i could do the same, perhaps I know some things. But I won't since this thread is about the Hill Cumorah pageant where Mormons attack Christians. Remember, YOU will reap what you sow.
                        Last edited by Mod10; 07-15-18, 10:57 AM.
                        Christian scholar John MacArthur about Mormonism: “Mormonism is wrong in epic proportions.”

Comment

Originally posted by oceancoast

I haven't seen Ed Decker poster here

But if this is your rule.. then since Walter Martin (the founding father of AntiMormon cult talk that we find here.) died on the toilet a few years ago, he's free game right?
                          Decker did, for a month, from about mid-May to mid-June 2015. And most of the Mormons on here responded to some of his posts. But that was on the old boards and is lost in cyberspace, now.

Comment

Originally posted by dianaiad View Post

Neither does Ed Decker. He hasn't posted here for THREE YEARS.
                            What is this thread about? Ed Decker? Or the antichrist Hill Cumorah pageant?
                            Christian scholar John MacArthur about Mormonism: “Mormonism is wrong in epic proportions.”

Comment

Originally posted by Catherine Aurelia View Post

What is this thread about? Ed Decker? Or the antichrist Hill Cumorah pageant?
                              Ah yes, more of this:

Comment

Working...
                              X