Announcement

Collapse

Message to all users:

https://carm.org/forum-rules

Super Member Subscription
https://carm.org/carm-super-members-banner-ad-signup

As most of you are aware, we had a crash to forums and were down for over two days a while back. We did have to do an upgrade to the vbulletin software to fix the forums and that has created changes, VB no longer provide the hybrid or threaded forums. There are some issues/changes to the forums we are not able to fix or change. Also note the link address change, please let friends and posters know of the changed link to the forums. For now this is the only link available, https://forums.carm.org/vb5/ but if clicking on forum on carm.org homepage it will now send you to this link. (edited to add https: now working.

Again, we are working through some of the posting and viewing issues to learn how to post with the changes, you will have to check and test the different features, icons that have changed. You may also want to go to profile settings,since many of the notifications, information in profile, also to update/edit your avatar by clicking on avatar space, pull down arrow next to login for user settings.

Edit to add "How to read forums, to make it easier."
Pull down arrow next to login name upper right select profile, or user settings when page opens to profile,select link in tab that says Account. Then select/choose options, go down to Conversation Detail Options, Select Display mode Posts, NOT Activity, that selection of Posts will make the pages of discussions go to last post on last page rather than out of order that happens if you choose activity threads. Then be sure to go to bottom and select SAVE Changes in your profile options. You can then follow discussions by going through the pages, to the last page having latest responses. Then click on the other links Privacy, Notifications, to select viewing options,the forums get easier if you open all the tabs or links in your profile, user settings and select options. To join Super Member, pull down arrow next to login name, select User Settings and then click on tab/link at top that says Subscriptions.

Thank you for your patience and God Bless.

Diane S
https://carm.org/forum-rules
See more
See less

You Must Spill Your Own Blood for Forgiveness Mormons!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• jamesone5
    replied
    Originally posted by quetzloc View Post

Absolutely, I do notice that, but I'm willing to give them the benefit of the doubt. However their silence is deafening. That said, if they did renounce it, what then? This then begs the following question: why don't they remove the offensive doctrine from every text, record, speech, etc? Aside from the obvious that it would be spurning whoever taught the false doctrine at the time, which hits multiple major leaders, but it would also leave gaping holes in classic important works. It would be like removing Deuteronomy because some are offended by the laws it contains.

I'd also like to know if they believe Jesus lied to the thief on the cross when He said he would be in heaven that day, since thieves can't be saved until their sins are redeemed through works.... that guy wasn't coming off that cross until he died, thus no chance to redeem himself.

Spencer Kimball says Jesus lied, since they hadn't repented after works. (for context, read p 160-170...)

Spencer Kimball. tMoF, p 166. “Another mistaken idea is that the thief on the cross was forgiven of his sins when the dying Christ answered “Today shalt thou be with me in paradise.”(luke 23:43)These men on the cross were thieves. How could the Lord forgive a malefactor? They had broken laws…We may be sure that the Savior’s instructions to the thief on the cross were comparable to his instructions to the woman caught in adultery: “go your way and transform yourself and repent.”
    I'd also like to know if they believe Jesus lied to the thief on the cross when He said he would be in heaven that day, since thieves can't be saved until their sins are redeemed through works.... that guy wasn't coming off that cross until he died, thus no chance to redeem himself.====quetzloc

Once again---you are pretending you are the gatekeepers to heaven.

That role belongs to Christ as the Way to the Father [John 14:6]--not the Mormon church as another way.

Spencer Kimball says Jesus lied, since they hadn't repented after works. (for context, read p 160-170...)----quetzloc
    Say what? a prophet in your Chruch very arrogantly tells you that Jesus lied and you are still willing to follow him?

The dark underbelly of the Mormon Chruch becomes more apparent each day

Leave a comment:

• jamesone5
    replied

Just to be clear, you are repeating what I actually said in the quote you referenced from me.
    What you think I repeated the whole thing verbatim?

A statement with a question mark behind it, is a clear giveaway--like this:

A personal decision is somehow equated with a Chruch mandate? ---jamesone5
    You have not told me how you equate a Chruch mandate with a personal decision.

Just to be very clear--I will ask you the question again.

Leave a comment:

• quetzloc
    replied
    Originally posted by Catherine Aurelia View Post

But you notice, too, none of the Mormons here renounce this Blood Atonement doctrine as false. I think they believe it.
    Absolutely, I do notice that, but I'm willing to give them the benefit of the doubt. However their silence is deafening. That said, if they did renounce it, what then? This then begs the following question: why don't they remove the offensive doctrine from every text, record, speech, etc? Aside from the obvious that it would be spurning whoever taught the false doctrine at the time, which hits multiple major leaders, but it would also leave gaping holes in classic important works. It would be like removing Deuteronomy because some are offended by the laws it contains.

I'd also like to know if they believe Jesus lied to the thief on the cross when He said he would be in heaven that day, since thieves can't be saved until their sins are redeemed through works.... that guy wasn't coming off that cross until he died, thus no chance to redeem himself.

Spencer Kimball says Jesus lied, since they hadn't repented after works. (for context, read p 160-170...)

Spencer Kimball. tMoF, p 166. “Another mistaken idea is that the thief on the cross was forgiven of his sins when the dying Christ answered “Today shalt thou be with me in paradise.”(luke 23:43)These men on the cross were thieves. How could the Lord forgive a malefactor? They had broken laws…We may be sure that the Savior’s instructions to the thief on the cross were comparable to his instructions to the woman caught in adultery: “go your way and transform yourself and repent.”

Leave a comment:

• quetzloc
    replied
    Originally posted by jamesone5 View Post
    r

A personal decision is somehow equated with a Chruch mandate? Your Chruch is the one Chruch who place such importance on a Baptism by the so-called proper authority.

I for one was rebaptised when I became a Christian--but it was my decision of the Church I am a Member of.

Actually have had 3 baptisms is my life. FYI
    Just to be clear, you are repeating what I actually said in the quote you referenced from me.

Leave a comment:

• jamesone5
    replied

Rededications/reaffirmations happen in the Christian faith as well, but that is a personal decision, not a mandate by the pastor.
    r

A personal decision is somehow equated with a Chruch mandate? Your Chruch is the one Chruch who place such importance on a Baptism by the so-called proper authority.

I for one was rebaptised when I became a Christian--but it was my decision of the Church I am a Member of.

Actually have had 3 baptisms is my life. FYI

Leave a comment:

• quetzloc
    replied

Gee I wonder what those so-called "high priests" who originally baptized them thought of that?

Their so-called authority was not all that authoritative as it seems.

I had a couple of experiences in baptizing others as an Elder in the Church----particularity with my own father who joined the Chruch in 1982 or so. As I look back there was no power that I was giving my own dad and it really was very silly in retrospect.

But I am Blessed that I did my part in showing my dad the TRUE Christ, shortly before he died.
    Rededications/reaffirmations happen in the Christian faith as well, but that is a personal decision, not a mandate by the pastor.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    the blood covenant doctrine and subsequent reactions (such as the Danites) is a major problem set which the modern LDS church has attempted to move away from. However, it is a historical reality, and if they were to remove the sermons, teachings, and portions of doctrine which discuss it, many segments of their foundational teachings would be left looking like swiss cheese. this forces them to leave the BA teachings in place, but ignore them.

Of course, one cannot ignore cancer; it must be cut out. doing so would also gut more pertinent books.... how would it affect the HotC, D&C, etc?

How valid would a dissected doctrine be? About as effective defensively as Ft Sumter after the end of the multi day bombardment...
    But you notice, too, none of the Mormons here renounce this Blood Atonement doctrine as false. I think they believe it.

Leave a comment:

• quetzloc
    replied
    the blood covenant doctrine and subsequent reactions (such as the Danites) is a major problem set which the modern LDS church has attempted to move away from. However, it is a historical reality, and if they were to remove the sermons, teachings, and portions of doctrine which discuss it, many segments of their foundational teachings would be left looking like swiss cheese. this forces them to leave the BA teachings in place, but ignore them.

Of course, one cannot ignore cancer; it must be cut out. doing so would also gut more pertinent books.... how would it affect the HotC, D&C, etc?

How valid would a dissected doctrine be? About as effective defensively as Ft Sumter after the end of the multi day bombardment...

Leave a comment:

Guest replied

Gee I wonder what those so-called "high priests" who originally baptized them thought of that?

I had a couple of experiences in baptizing others as an Elder in the Church----particularity with my own father who joined the Chruch in 1982 or so. As I look back there was no power that I was giving my own dad and it really was very silly in retrospect.

But I am Blessed that I did my part in showing my dad the TRUE Christ, shortly before he died.
    Thank the Lord you were able to show your dad the truth.

Leave a comment:

• jamesone5
    replied

Let's not forget, either, that they REBAPTIZE those who have left the cult. In fact, in the Mormon "Reformation" they REBAPTIZED all who came to Utah. Apparently the first baptism didn't "stick."

Leave a comment:

Guest replied

https://forums.carm.org/vb5/forum/cults-groups/general-cult-groups-topics/mormonism/5261357-mormons-really-want-us-to-doubt-our-faith-in-christ?p=5372715#post5372715

Seem like they have a hard time covering all their arguments. This link shows that all who are Baptized in the Mormon Chruch will be save.

Or try reading this from LDS.org---provided by Ralf

Baptism is a sacred ceremony, or ordinance, through which a person promises to follow Jesus Christ. The baptismal ordinance symbolizes the washing away of sins and is necessary to become a member of Christ’s Church. Although many Christian religions consider baptism essential, beliefs differ about how and when one should be baptized. Learn why baptism by immersion is an important, consciously made covenant that, along with the sacrament (Communion), allows an ongoing remission of sins. What is baptism?

BAPTISM IS A COVENANT

Baptism is much more than just a tradition or ritual; it is a solemn promise between you and God. It works like a contract: you promise to do certain things and He promises to give you certain blessings if you do them. When you are baptized, you agree to take Jesus’s name upon you (to be called a Christian), to live as a witness of Christ, and to serve Him and keep His commandments. In return, God promises to forgive your sins, give you the companionship of the Holy Spirit to comfort and guide you, and grant you eternal life. (See Mosiah 18:8–10.) BAPTISM IS A SYMBOL OF BEING BORN AGAIN AND IS PERFORMED BY IMMERSION

The word baptism comes from a Greek word meaning to “dip” or “immerse.” The scriptures recount baptisms by immersion, including the example of Jesus, who, “when he was baptized, went up straightway out of the water” (Matthew 3:16). This immersion is beautifully symbolic, not only of the washing away of sins, but of death, burial, and resurrection. Baptism signifies the end of your old way of life and birth to a life committed to Christian values (see Romans 6:3–6). BAPTISM IS AN ACT THAT CLEANSES US SO WE CAN RECEIVE THE GIFT OF THE HOLY GHOST

Although baptism is itself a significant event, this ordinance is not fully complete without receiving the gift of the Holy Ghost (or Holy Spirit). Jesus taught that “except a man be born of water and of the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God” (John 3:5). The gift of the Holy Ghost is given to you after your baptism so you can receive God’s help and guidance in keeping the promises you made to Him when you were baptized.

LDS.org

What a Religion. Seems like a book on apologetics for the Mormon Chruch is a real impossibility as so many doctrines and beliefs conflict with one another.
    Let's not forget, either, that they REBAPTIZE those who have left the cult. In fact, in the Mormon "Reformation" they REBAPTIZED all who came to Utah. Apparently the first baptism didn't "stick."

Leave a comment:

• jamesone5
    replied
    Evil and murderous acts have always existed in Mormonism. They hate for us to bring them up, but why shouldn't we? Evil is embedded in Mormonism Read this:

http://lifeafter.org/salt-sermon-apo...ately-or-else/
    https://forums.carm.org/vb5/forum/cults-groups/general-cult-groups-topics/mormonism/5261357-mormons-really-want-us-to-doubt-our-faith-in-christ?p=5372715#post5372715

Seem like they have a hard time covering all their arguments. This link shows that all who are Baptized in the Mormon Chruch will be save.

Or try reading this from LDS.org---provided by Ralf

Baptism is a sacred ceremony, or ordinance, through which a person promises to follow Jesus Christ. The baptismal ordinance symbolizes the washing away of sins and is necessary to become a member of Christ’s Church. Although many Christian religions consider baptism essential, beliefs differ about how and when one should be baptized. Learn why baptism by immersion is an important, consciously made covenant that, along with the sacrament (Communion), allows an ongoing remission of sins. What is baptism?

BAPTISM IS A COVENANT

Baptism is much more than just a tradition or ritual; it is a solemn promise between you and God. It works like a contract: you promise to do certain things and He promises to give you certain blessings if you do them. When you are baptized, you agree to take Jesus’s name upon you (to be called a Christian), to live as a witness of Christ, and to serve Him and keep His commandments. In return, God promises to forgive your sins, give you the companionship of the Holy Spirit to comfort and guide you, and grant you eternal life. (See Mosiah 18:8–10.) BAPTISM IS A SYMBOL OF BEING BORN AGAIN AND IS PERFORMED BY IMMERSION

The word baptism comes from a Greek word meaning to “dip” or “immerse.” The scriptures recount baptisms by immersion, including the example of Jesus, who, “when he was baptized, went up straightway out of the water” (Matthew 3:16). This immersion is beautifully symbolic, not only of the washing away of sins, but of death, burial, and resurrection. Baptism signifies the end of your old way of life and birth to a life committed to Christian values (see Romans 6:3–6). BAPTISM IS AN ACT THAT CLEANSES US SO WE CAN RECEIVE THE GIFT OF THE HOLY GHOST

Although baptism is itself a significant event, this ordinance is not fully complete without receiving the gift of the Holy Ghost (or Holy Spirit). Jesus taught that “except a man be born of water and of the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God” (John 3:5). The gift of the Holy Ghost is given to you after your baptism so you can receive God’s help and guidance in keeping the promises you made to Him when you were baptized.

LDS.org

What a Religion. Seems like a book on apologetics for the Mormon Chruch is a real impossibility as so many doctrines and beliefs conflict with one another.
    Last edited by jamesone5; 07-09-18, 10:05 AM.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Evil and murderous acts have always existed in Mormonism. They hate for us to bring them up, but why shouldn't we? Evil is embedded in Mormonism Read this:

http://lifeafter.org/salt-sermon-apo...ately-or-else/

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Not to mention this notorious Mormon-linked murder:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Under_...nner_of_Heaven

Be aware if you are a dissenter.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Who can forget the Kirtland Temple murders in Ohio: http://www.news-herald.com/article/H...NEWS/141239955

or the LeBaron Mormon cult murders in Mexico and the Southwest Us: http://articles.latimes.com/1992-09-...lebaron-family

Death has always stalked dissenters in fundie Mormon cults.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X