Announcement

Collapse

Message to all users:

https://carm.org/forum-rules

Super Member Subscription
https://carm.org/carm-super-members-banner-ad-signup

As most of you are aware, we had a crash to forums and were down for over two days a while back. We did have to do an upgrade to the vbulletin software to fix the forums and that has created changes, VB no longer provide the hybrid or threaded forums. There are some issues/changes to the forums we are not able to fix or change. Also note the link address change, please let friends and posters know of the changed link to the forums. For now this is the only link available, https://forums.carm.org/vb5/ but if clicking on forum on carm.org homepage it will now send you to this link. (edited to add https: now working.

Again, we are working through some of the posting and viewing issues to learn how to post with the changes, you will have to check and test the different features, icons that have changed. You may also want to go to profile settings,since many of the notifications, information in profile, also to update/edit your avatar by clicking on avatar space, pull down arrow next to login for user settings.

Edit to add "How to read forums, to make it easier."
Pull down arrow next to login name upper right select profile, or user settings when page opens to profile,select link in tab that says Account. Then select/choose options, go down to Conversation Detail Options, Select Display mode Posts, NOT Activity, that selection of Posts will make the pages of discussions go to last post on last page rather than out of order that happens if you choose activity threads. Then be sure to go to bottom and select SAVE Changes in your profile options. You can then follow discussions by going through the pages, to the last page having latest responses. Then click on the other links Privacy, Notifications, to select viewing options,the forums get easier if you open all the tabs or links in your profile, user settings and select options. To join Super Member, pull down arrow next to login name, select User Settings and then click on tab/link at top that says Subscriptions.

Thank you for your patience and God Bless.

Diane S
https://carm.org/forum-rules
See more
See less

Mormon White flag of Surrender

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mormon White flag of Surrender

Originally posted by oceancoast View Post Nope.. no projecting at all. You should learn what that means. I don't believe I have posted one single post in all the nearly 20,000 posts I have posted that was trying to PROVE my faith is the true one... Not a single post. And I don't recall I ever posted anything 'Honoring' my dead brother. That you THINK that I did is rather telling of some cognitive dissonance on your part. As my posts are more about the fallacy and hypocrisy of Anti-Mormonism , then they are about PROVING my faith.. I don't need to PROVE my faith, least of all here

to the reader:

You are welcome to draw up you own conclusions, while remembering that a Mormon must affirm his Membership in the ONE TRUE Chruch , he or she is a Member of..

Originally posted by jamesone5 View Post

to the reader:

You are welcome to draw up you own conclusions, while remembering that a Mormon must affirm his Membership in the ONE TRUE Chruch , he or she is a Member of..
    I have never been asked to affirm, ONE TRUE CHURCH.

I believe like all Mormons that it is Christ that saves, and that the church is the bride of Christ, and is a group of believers who are his disciples.

I believe eve in the restoration of the Gospel of Jesus Christ, through Joseph Smith.

The ordinances of salvation are a huge part of that restoration. These ordinances are only available in the church.

Comment

Originally posted by CTR-Lloyd View Post
      I have never been asked to affirm, ONE TRUE CHURCH.

I believe like all Mormons that it is Christ that saves, and that the church is the bride of Christ, and is a group of believers who are his disciples.

I believe eve in the restoration of the Gospel of Jesus Christ, through Joseph Smith.

The ordinances of salvation are a huge part of that restoration. These ordinances are only available in the church.
      Is the mormon church the "one true church?"
      ~ There is life after mormonism, and it's good! Just stay close to Christ.
      ~ You can't follow Christ and false prophets at the same time.
      ~ "Come to Me, all who are weary and heavy-laden, and I will give you rest." Matthew 11:28

Comment

to the reader:

Affirming that Mormonism is the "one true Church" does not translate into trying to prove to anyone that it is the one true Church. We testify that it is the one true Church. We don't try to prove that it is.

Comment

Originally posted by Magdalena View Post

Yes.

Comment

to the reader:

LOL.. a feigned ad hom against me.. The OP here apparently didn't comprehend my post. It was in response to an allegation by him that i was trying to PROVE my faith to him.. I don't recall doing that here at all. Proof comes from the Holy Spirit, not me.
            “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” -- George Carlin

We tolerate no one in our ranks who attacks the ideals of Christianity, our movement is Christian. - Adolf Hitler

Comment

Originally posted by zerinus View Post

Affirming that Mormonism is the "one true Church" does not translate into trying to prove to anyone that it is the one true Church. We testify that it is the one true Church. We don't try to prove that it is.
              So you are affirming a non-truth? How does that work?

Comment

Originally posted by oceancoast View Post

LOL.. a feigned ad hom against me.. The OP here apparently didn't comprehend my post. It was in response to an allegation by him that i was trying to PROVE my faith to him.. I don't recall doing that here at all. Proof comes from the Holy Spirit, not me.
                You seem to forget that we Christians place our Faith in God's Truths and in the NT with Christ.. You place your Faith in is what?--- Your own opinions but then that is not a marker for what is true, even then? How do you determine what is true or not---just what you can physically see and feel?

And now as I read you are placing you Faith in only in the proof that you Holy Spirit gives you. How do you know what this entity is telling you is true? You have no way of determining that. as you admit..

What is OR is not TRUE?--Therin lies the question you seem to avoid

I can see the perplexity of it all in my Comprehension with Pilate who uttered "What is truth?" when Christ actually stood before him just before He was sentenced to be Crucified.

Comment

he isn't affirming non-truth.. but we should ask you considering it appears to me antiMormons do that regularly
                  “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” -- George Carlin

We tolerate no one in our ranks who attacks the ideals of Christianity, our movement is Christian. - Adolf Hitler

Comment

he isn't affirming non-truth.. but we should ask you considering it appears to me antiMormons do that regularly
                    How would you even know whether I speak truth or not? You have not offered up anything as to you take on what is is true, except maybe a reference to this Mormon Holy Spirit which is obviously lying to you,

Let;s see in recent memory the followers of Marshall Applewhite Affirmed his truths about some sort of spaceship flying behind Haley's comet. Of course they had to commit suicide to find out the truth was not what they Affirmed..You going for the very slow "death" and separation from God in your cult?

Comment

How would you even know whether I speak truth or not? You have not offered up anything as to you take on what is is true, except maybe a reference to this Mormon Holy Spirit which is obviously lying to you,

Let;s see in recent memory the followers of Marshall Applewhite Affirmed his truths about some sort of spaceship flying behind Haley's comet. Of course they had to commit suicide to find out the truth was not what they Affirmed..You going for the very slow "death" and separation from God in your cult?
                      I think that was the Halle Bopp comet, wasn't it? In 1997, or however it is spelled....
                      "I am tired of being treated like a mushroom--they keep me in the dark and feed me manure!" (reasons why a Mormon was leaving the LDS church)
                      "What people don't realize is how much religion costs. They think faith is a big electric blanket, when of course, it is the cross."--Flannery O'Connor
                      "I am a Missouri Synod Lutheran--NOT REFORMED/CALVINIST. PLEASE learn the difference."
                      "The truth may hurt for a little while, but a lie hurts forever."--anonymous
                      "If Jesus isn't THE WAY, then there is nothing else."--Bob

Comment

ROFL.. obviously lying?.. you must be speaking about yourself and the holy Spirit you believe in.. what's the name? Glenlivet? Fact is you have not presented one iota of objective evidence that anything you believe or claim is TRUTH.. Zip, zilch, ZERO.
                        Last edited by oceancoast; 07-11-18, 03:58 PM.

Comment

I affirm a truth.

Comment

ROFL.. obviously lying?.. you must be speaking about yourself and the holy Spirit you believe in.. what's the name? Glenlivet? Fact is you have not presented one iota of objective evidence that anything you believe or claim is TRUTH.. Zip, zilch, ZERO.
                            Did I say that about you?

How would you know if I presented TRUTH to you, anyway?

You do claim you have no basis for what is true by what you otherwise claim.

Comment

Originally posted by Magdalena View Post

I don’t like that term. So, Collectively yes. Individually no.

The church is the body of believers, it’s people. The people are like a body, bodies aren’t perfect.

The doctrines taught contain the fullness of the gospel.

I also dont like to label it True, because then people say the opposite as false. I don’t consider other churches false. They help people live good Christian lives. They perform great service feeding sheltering and clothing the needy.

I consider all Christians part of the church.

Comment

Working...
                              X