Announcement

Collapse

Message to all users:

https://carm.org/forum-rules

Super Member Subscription
https://carm.org/carm-super-members-banner-ad-signup

As most of you are aware, we had a crash to forums and were down for over two days a while back. We did have to do an upgrade to the vbulletin software to fix the forums and that has created changes, VB no longer provide the hybrid or threaded forums. There are some issues/changes to the forums we are not able to fix or change. Also note the link address change, please let friends and posters know of the changed link to the forums. For now this is the only link available, https://forums.carm.org/vb5/ but if clicking on forum on carm.org homepage it will now send you to this link. (edited to add https: now working.

Again, we are working through some of the posting and viewing issues to learn how to post with the changes, you will have to check and test the different features, icons that have changed. You may also want to go to profile settings,since many of the notifications, information in profile, also to update/edit your avatar by clicking on avatar space, pull down arrow next to login for user settings.

Edit to add "How to read forums, to make it easier."
Pull down arrow next to login name upper right select profile, or user settings when page opens to profile,select link in tab that says Account. Then select/choose options, go down to Conversation Detail Options, Select Display mode Posts, NOT Activity, that selection of Posts will make the pages of discussions go to last post on last page rather than out of order that happens if you choose activity threads. Then be sure to go to bottom and select SAVE Changes in your profile options. You can then follow discussions by going through the pages, to the last page having latest responses. Then click on the other links Privacy, Notifications, to select viewing options,the forums get easier if you open all the tabs or links in your profile, user settings and select options. To join Super Member, pull down arrow next to login name, select User Settings and then click on tab/link at top that says Subscriptions.

Thank you for your patience and God Bless.

Diane S
https://carm.org/forum-rules
See more
See less

Will Any Mormon Here Repudiate this Repulsive Mormon Teaching?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Will Any Mormon Here Repudiate this Repulsive Mormon Teaching?

Mormons tell us they have "living prophets." They also tell us that they no longer teach that their "heavenly father" impregnated his spirit daughter Mary (then in the flesh) by visiting her in Nazareth and having sexual intercourse with her. This was taught by early Mormon leaders, and they challenge us to find this in their "standard works."

Is the current Mormon prophet, Nelson, living? If so, why doesn't he REPUDIATE THE FOLLOWING TEACHINGS? Here are teachings by early Mormon AUTHORITIES:

"MORMONISM SAYS GOD IMPREGNATED MARY BY SEX

Mormonism teaches that God is made of flesh and bone and, while not articulated in any standard works, Mormon authorities have taught that Mary was impregnated with Jesus through physical sex with God.

Mormon Authorities
    • Brigham Young (Mormonism's 2nd president-prophet): “The Father came down and begat him, the same as we do now…” [The Complete Discourses of Brigham Young, vol. 1, p. 321; February 16, 1849, Salt Lake City] (As cited here by McKeever and Shafovaloff)
    • Brigham Young (Mormonism's 2nd president-prophet): “The birth of the Saviour was as natural as are the births of our children; it was the result of natural action. He partook of flesh and blood—was begotten of his Father, as we were of our fathers,” [Journal of Discourses vol. 8:27]
    • Heber C. Kimball: “In relation to the way in which I look upon the works of God and his creatures, I will say that I was naturally begotten; so was my father, and also my Savior Jesus Christ. According to the Scriptures, he is the first begotten of his father in the flesh, and there was nothing unnatural about it.” [Journal of Discourses vol. 8:54]
    • Joseph Fielding Smith (Mormonism's 10th president-prophet): “Jesus Christ is the only begotten Son of God in the flesh. Well, now for the benefit of the older ones, how are children begotten? I answer just as Jesus Christ was begotten of his father …Jesus is the only person who had our Heavenly Father as the father of his body” [Family Home Evening Manual (1972), 125, 126.]
    • Orson Pratt: the Holy Ghost gave her[Mary] strength to abide in the presence of the Father without being consumed, but it was the personage of the Father who begat the body of Jesus; and for this reason Jesus is called 'the Only Begotten of the Father;' that is, the only one in this world whose fleshly body was begotten by the Father. There were millions of sons and daughters who he begat before the foundation of this world, but they were spirits, and not bodies of flesh and bones [The Seer, 158.]
    • Bruce R. McConkie (LDS 'General Authority'): “…our Lord is the only Son of the Father in the flesh. Each of the words is to be understood literally. Only means only, begotten means begotten, and Son means son. Christ was begotten by an Immortal Father in He same way that mortal men are begotten by mortal fathers … There is no need to spiritualize away the plain meaning of the scriptures. There is nothing figurative or hidden or beyond comprehension in our Lord's coming into mortality. He is the Son of God in the same sense and way that we are the sons of mortal fathers. It is just that simple” [Mormon Doctrine, 456-547, 466, 468.]"

Until Mormons here or those in charge of this cult say otherwise, these teachings are still in effect. They own this demonic teaching. They can chuckle about this evil all they want..............they only indoctrinate themselves more and more into the occult realm and become even more the tools of Satan.

beliefmap.org
    Christian scholar John MacArthur about Mormonism: “Mormonism is wrong in epic proportions.”

Originally posted by Catherine Aurelia View Post

Brigham Young (Mormonism's 2nd president-prophet): “The Father came down and begat him, the same as we do now…” [The Complete Discourses of Brigham Young, vol. 1, p. 321; February 16, 1849, Salt Lake City] (As cited here by McKeever and Shafovaloff)
    • Brigham Young (Mormonism's 2nd president-prophet): “The birth of the Saviour was as natural as are the births of our children; it was the result of natural action. He partook of flesh and blood—was begotten of his Father, as we were of our fathers,” [Journal of Discourses vol. 8:27]
    • Heber C. Kimball: “In relation to the way in which I look upon the works of God and his creatures, I will say that I was naturally begotten; so was my father, and also my Savior Jesus Christ. According to the Scriptures, he is the first begotten of his father in the flesh, and there was nothing unnatural about it.” [Journal of Discourses vol. 8:54]
    • Joseph Fielding Smith (Mormonism's 10th president-prophet): “Jesus Christ is the only begotten Son of God in the flesh. Well, now for the benefit of the older ones, how are children begotten? I answer just as Jesus Christ was begotten of his father …Jesus is the only person who had our Heavenly Father as the father of his body” [Family Home Evening Manual (1972), 125, 126.]
    Orson Pratt: the Holy Ghost gave her[Mary] strength to abide in the presence of the Father without being consumed, but it was the personage of the Father who begat the body of Jesus; and for this reason Jesus is called 'the Only Begotten of the Father;' that is, the only one in this world whose fleshly body was begotten by the Father. There were millions of sons and daughters who he begat before the foundation of this world, but they were spirits, and not bodies of flesh and bones [The Seer, 158.]
    • Bruce R. McConkie (LDS 'General Authority'): “…our Lord is the only Son of the Father in the flesh. Each of the words is to be understood literally. Only means only, begotten means begotten, and Son means son. Christ was begotten by an Immortal Father in He same way that mortal men are begotten by mortal fathers … There is no need to spiritualize away the plain meaning of the scriptures. There is nothing figurative or hidden or beyond comprehension in our Lord's coming into mortality. He is the Son of God in the same sense and way that we are the sons of mortal fathers. It is just that simple” [Mormon Doctrine, 456-547, 466, 468.]"

Until Mormons here or those in charge of this cult say otherwise, these teachings are still in effect. They own this demonic teaching. They can chuckle about this evil all they want..............they only indoctrinate themselves more and more into the occult realm and become even more the tools of Satan.

beliefmap.org
    I grayed out the one quote you provided that the Church has already repudiated.

As for the rest of them, I looked and looked. I could not find a single use of the word SEX by anyone except you.

That you understand every statement to be about sex is your problem, not ours.

Comment

Originally posted by JustaLurker View Post

As for the rest of them, I looked and looked. I could not find a single use of the word SEX by anyone except you.

So, you agree that the Church has not repudiated that your god/man had sex with his own daughter. Thank you.
      Christian scholar John MacArthur about Mormonism: “Mormonism is wrong in epic proportions.”

Comment

So, you agree that the Church has not repudiated that [God] had sex with his own daughter. Thank you.
        The Church has never taught that God had sex with Mary. The only one that has taught that so far has been you.

Comment

So, you agree that the Church has not repudiated that your god/man had sex with his own daughter. Thank you.
          No, that is not what he said.. There is not Sex in the quotes you cited.. so the only sex is what comes from your imagination.. which kind of reminds me of a proverb..

As a man thinks so is he.
          “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” -- George Carlin

We tolerate no one in our ranks who attacks the ideals of Christianity, our movement is Christian. - Adolf Hitler

Comment

Originally posted by oceancoast View Post

No, that is not what he said.. There is not Sex in the quotes you cited.. so the only sex is what comes from your imagination.. which kind of reminds me of a proverb..

Sure there is. Read it again.

Comment

The Church has never taught that God had sex with Mary. The only one that has taught that so far has been you.
              Go ahead, LURKER, and repudiate McConkie and Young. It also might be a good idea to study euphemisms. We can help you if you ask.

Comment

Originally posted by oceancoast View Post

Well, what have you been thinking - about your "kingdom" in the great beyond and "eternal increase?"

Comment

What bothers me most is the fact that Mormons here think nothing of practicing deception. Who was the father of lies, folks? And then one Mormon has the evil audacity to accuse Christians of prurient interests, when they are the ones believing such evil. It's totally Satanic, and I have no doubt that those who come here and glibly accuse Christians, are the very ones longing for what the cult calls "eternal increase," or that they will reproduce themselves with nymph-like partners for eternity (in the normal way). Pathetic, but true:

Let's see what the Mormon cult has taught and what these deceptive, garrulous Mormons, come here and so casually deny (source: http://www.sharpenedsword.com/page/page/3770650.htm)

"
                  God had sex with Mary
                  Let's examine what the leaders of the Church taught about the "Virgin" birth.
                  -Joseph Smith taught that God had sex with Mary...
                  "President Young spoke of the first organization of this school by Joseph Smith the Prophet. The Word of Wisdom was given in this school. President Young said Adam was Michael the arch angel and he was the father of Jesus Christ and was our God and that Joseph taught this principle." Wilford Woodruff Journal, Vol.4, p.288, September 17, 1854
                  -There was nothing figurative about His paternity...
                  “And Christ was born into the world as the literal Son of this Holy Being; he was born in the same personal, real, and literal sense that any mortal son is born to a mortal father. There is nothing figurative about his paternity; he was begotten, conceived and born in the normal and natural course of events,...Christ is the Son of Man, meaning that his Father (the Eternal God!) is a Holy Man.” Bruce R. McConkie, Mormon Doctrine, 1966, p. 742
                  -He was concieved in the normal way...
                  "Their testimony is that Mary's son is God's Son; that he was conceived and begotten in the normal way; that he took upon himself mortality by the natural birth processes; that he inherited the power of mortality from his mother and the power of immortality from his Father-in consequence of all of which he was able to work out the infinite and eternal atonement." Bruce R. McConkie, The Promised Messiah: The First Coming of Christ, p.472
                  -The Son of God in the literal sense...
                  "The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints proclaims that Jesus Christ is the Son of God in the most literal sense. The body in which He performed His mission in the flesh was sired by that same Holy Being we worship as God our Eternal Father. Jesus was not the son of Joseph, nor was He begotten by the Holy Ghost. He is the Son of the Eternal Father!" President Ezra Taft Benson, Come Unto Christ, p. 4
                  -Heavenly Father was the Father of His body...
                  "Now, we are told in scriptures that Jesus Christ is the only begotten Son of God in the flesh. Well, now for the benefit of the older ones, how are children begotten?I answer just as Jesus Christ was begotten of his father ... Jesus is the only person who had our Heavenly Father as the father of his body." Prophet Joseph F. Smith, Family Home Evening Manual, 1972, pp.125,126
                  -The result of a natural action...
                  “as natural as are the births of our children; it was the result of natural action. He partook of flesh and blood - was begotten of His Father, as we were of our fathers" (Ibid., vol. 8, p. 115) President Ezra Taft Benson
                  -There was nothing unnatural about it...
                  "...I will say that I was naturally begotten; so was my father, also my Saviour Jesus Christ. According to the Scriptures, he is the first begotten of his father in the flesh, and there was nothing unnatural about it." Journal of Discourses, Heber C. Kimball, 8:211
                  -Same way mortal men are begotten by mortal fathers...

“These name-titles all signify that our Lord in the only Son of the Father in the flesh. Each of the words is to be understood literally. Only means only; Begotten means begotten; and Son means son. Christ was begotten by an Immortal Father in the same way that mortal men are begotten by mortal fathers. Bruce R. McConkie, Mormon Doctrine,1966, pp. 546-547
                  Last edited by Catherine Aurelia; 08-06-18, 09:25 AM.

Comment

Mormons tell us they have "living prophets." They also tell us that they no longer teach that their "heavenly father" impregnated his spirit daughter Mary (then in the flesh) by visiting her in Nazareth and having sexual intercourse with her. This was taught by early Mormon leaders, and they challenge us to find this in their "standard works."

Is the current Mormon prophet, Nelson, living? If so, why doesn't he REPUDIATE THE FOLLOWING TEACHINGS? Here are teachings by early Mormon AUTHORITIES:

Mormonism teaches that God is made of flesh and bone and, while not articulated in any standard works, Mormon authorities have taught that Mary was impregnated with Jesus through physical sex with God.

Mormon Authorities
                    • Brigham Young (Mormonism's 2nd president-prophet): “The Father came down and begat him, the same as we do now…” [The Complete Discourses of Brigham Young, vol. 1, p. 321; February 16, 1849, Salt Lake City] (As cited here by McKeever and Shafovaloff)
                    • Orson Pratt: the Holy Ghost gave her[Mary] strength to abide in the presence of the Father without being consumed, but it was the personage of the Father who begat the body of Jesus; and for this reason Jesus is called 'the Only Begotten of the Father;' that is, the only one in this world whose fleshly body was begotten by the Father. There were millions of sons and daughters who he begat before the foundation of this world, but they were spirits, and not bodies of flesh and bones [The Seer, 158.]

beliefmap.org
                    The Lie at the beginning of your OP is not a Mormon teaching, it is an Anti-Mormon teaching.

We don’t teach that at all.

We teach what it says in scripture.

Comment

How do we beget our children, Lurker? Since Jesus's begetting was done the natural way? We are begotten of our parents as Jesus was begotten of his father....that is basically what one of your leaders said in the quotes. So, care to tell us how we beget OUR children?

These leaders tap-danced all around it, but they meant that God had sex with his own spirit daughter Mary the flesh, to produce Jesus in His humanity. Why not own the doctrine? Are Mormons ashamed of their own doctrines?

But if the idea bothers them so much--and make no mistake, sex is what these men were alluding to, trying their best to say it without actually saying it-- then that should give them pause, and they should ask themselves WHY it bothers them so much.

These teachings even contradict what their own BoM says about how Mary conceived Jesus. Once again, showing the hobgoblin of inconsistency plaguing most cults.
                      Last edited by Bonnie; 08-06-18, 01:23 PM.
                      "I am tired of being treated like a mushroom--they keep me in the dark and feed me manure!" (reasons why a Mormon was leaving the LDS church)
                      "What people don't realize is how much religion costs. They think faith is a big electric blanket, when of course, it is the cross."--Flannery O'Connor
                      "I am a Missouri Synod Lutheran--NOT REFORMED/CALVINIST. PLEASE learn the difference."
                      "The truth may hurt for a little while, but a lie hurts forever."--anonymous
                      "If Jesus isn't THE WAY, then there is nothing else."--Bob

Comment

Originally posted by CTR-Lloyd View Post
                        The Lie at the beginning of your OP is not a Mormon teaching, it is an Anti-Mormon teaching.

It's no lie, and you know it. Revisionist dancing around won't change it. Your leaders taught it. If they didn't then go ahead and repudiate the words of McConkie and Young and Kimball as listed.
                        You won't, you can't, and you are stuck with it.

Comment

Originally posted by Bonnie View Post

How do we beget our children, Lurker? Since Jesus's begetting was done the natural way? We are begotten of our parents as Jesus was begotten of his father....that is basically what one of your leaders said in the quotes. So, care to tell us how we beget OUR children?

These leaders tap-danced all around it, but they meant that God had sex with his own spirit daughter Mary the flesh, to produce Jesus in His humanity. Why not own the doctrine? Are Mormons ashamed of their own doctrines?

But if the idea bothers them so much--and make no mistake, sex is what these men were alluding to, trying their best to say it without actually saying it, then that should give them pause, and they should ask themselves WHY it bothers them so much.

These teachings even contradict what their own BoM says about how Mary conceived Jesus. Once again, showing the hobgoblin of inconsistency plaguing most cults.
                          I find the cognitive dissonance that we plainly see here overwhelming, a classic study in the subject that should be added to Psych textbooks. Their leaders clearly state that Jesus was conceived by "heavenly father" having normal biological relations with Mary. That that manner of Concepcion is the only in existence. Yet the revisionist hacks of Mormonism come here trying to tell us that we are lying, that their leaders' words don't mean what they obviously say, and they absolutely refuse to repudiate those words. That is cognitive dissonance to a "t."

Comment

Originally posted by CTR-Lloyd View Post

Which "scriptures"? The Mormon ones? Or the Bible? Because even the BoM disagrees with what your leaders have stated.
                            "I am tired of being treated like a mushroom--they keep me in the dark and feed me manure!" (reasons why a Mormon was leaving the LDS church)
                            "What people don't realize is how much religion costs. They think faith is a big electric blanket, when of course, it is the cross."--Flannery O'Connor
                            "I am a Missouri Synod Lutheran--NOT REFORMED/CALVINIST. PLEASE learn the difference."

Comment

I find the cognitive dissonance that we plainly see here overwhelming, a classic study in the subject that should be added to Psych textbooks. Their leaders clearly state that Jesus was conceived by "heavenly father" having normal biological relations with Mary. That that manner of Concepcion is the only in existence. Yet the revisionist hacks of Mormonism come here trying to tell us that we are lying, that their leaders' words don't mean what they obviously say, and they absolutely refuse to repudiate those words. That is cognitive dissonance to a "t."
                              Didn't one of their leaders say that procration was the only means of creation? Or something similar? I cannot remember the exact wording, though. Ah, here it is:

God has made His children like Himself to stand erect, and has endowed them with intelligence and power and dominion over all His works, and given them the same attributes which He himself possesses. He created man, as we create our children; for there is no other process of creation in heaven, on the earth, in the earth, or under the earth, or in all the eternities, that is, that were, or that ever will be. - ibid 11:122-123, J cof D
                              So, Mormons, HOW do we create OUR children?
                              Last edited by Bonnie; 08-06-18, 01:34 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X