Announcement

Collapse

Message to all users:

https://carm.org/forum-rules

Super Member Subscription
https://carm.org/carm-super-members-banner-ad-signup

As most of you are aware, we had a crash to forums and were down for over two days a while back. We did have to do an upgrade to the vbulletin software to fix the forums and that has created changes, VB no longer provide the hybrid or threaded forums. There are some issues/changes to the forums we are not able to fix or change. Also note the link address change, please let friends and posters know of the changed link to the forums. For now this is the only link available, https://forums.carm.org/vb5/ but if clicking on forum on carm.org homepage it will now send you to this link. (edited to add https: now working.

Again, we are working through some of the posting and viewing issues to learn how to post with the changes, you will have to check and test the different features, icons that have changed. You may also want to go to profile settings,since many of the notifications, information in profile, also to update/edit your avatar by clicking on avatar space, pull down arrow next to login for user settings.

Edit to add "How to read forums, to make it easier."
Pull down arrow next to login name upper right select profile, or user settings when page opens to profile,select link in tab that says Account. Then select/choose options, go down to Conversation Detail Options, Select Display mode Posts, NOT Activity, that selection of Posts will make the pages of discussions go to last post on last page rather than out of order that happens if you choose activity threads. Then be sure to go to bottom and select SAVE Changes in your profile options. You can then follow discussions by going through the pages, to the last page having latest responses. Then click on the other links Privacy, Notifications, to select viewing options,the forums get easier if you open all the tabs or links in your profile, user settings and select options. To join Super Member, pull down arrow next to login name, select User Settings and then click on tab/link at top that says Subscriptions.

Thank you for your patience and God Bless.

Diane S
https://carm.org/forum-rules
See more
See less

Amazing Law Keeping, How Sweet that Sounds to Mormons!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Amazing Law Keeping, How Sweet that Sounds to Mormons!

“Pride is your greatest enemy, humility is your greatest friend.” So said the late John R.W. Stott, (my note: An Anglican divine) a remarkably humble man of great abilities and accomplishments who is often said to have made the greatest impact for Christ of anyone in the twentieth century. His succinct statement about pride and humility goes straight to the heart of what the Bible teaches about the deadly root of our sins and sorrows."

Haven't we seen here many Mormons speaking with PRIDE about how they keep the Commandments. All the time. They claim to be Commandment Keepers.

But the Bible says: "Therefore by works of the Law, not any flesh will be justified before Him; for through the Law is knowledge of sin." Romans 3:20

and

"Do not bring Your servant into judgment, for no one alive is righteous before You". Ps. 143:2

And so you Mormon "commandment keepers," read this:

The Law is a great measuring line which God has let down to humanity. In the pride of the natural heart, many lay hold of it and think they measure pretty nearly what God wants, but since sin entered the world, all men are under its penalty, "There is none righteous, no, not one." Then, since all are imperfect, surely none can keep the perfect law, and so Jesus declared: "None of you keepeth the Law;" and Paul says that if the law could have been kept, Christ would not have died. Gal. 2:21. Again: "That no man is justified by the law is evident." Gal. 3:11. None can keep it, because sin has blemished all whom it has touched; all are imperfect.

Does someone say that he can keep the Law? Come with me to Palestine and see perhaps a copy of yourself. A certain young man came to Jesus saying: "Good Master, what shall I do to inherit eternal life?" Jesus takes advantage of the words "Good Master," to show him that he has acknowledged His authority, so that when He should afterward tell him what to do; he could not make the excuse that he doubted His authority to so instruct. Jesus then said to him: "Thou knowest the commandments" -- That is to say, you know that God has arranged and promised that those who keep the commandments may life forever. "They that do those things shall live by them." This young man evidently had expected this answer, for with joy he replied: "All these have I kept from my youth up." He was indeed an exemplary man. "And Jesus beholding him loved him." And He answered him, "One thing thou lackest." He was almost perfect, says some one. He almost kept the whole law. No, we think not; the one thing he lacked, was, in Jesus' estimation, the chief commandment of all; -- viz: "Thou shalt love the Lord thy God, with all thy heart, soul, mind, and strength." This chief commandment he had not kept. Instead of loving the Lord with all his powers, he was loving his wealth with a part of his heart; and with a larger part too, it would seem, since he was willing rather to cling to it than to obtain eternal life. His heart divided its attention between God and earthly riches, and Jesus gave him such a command as would most quickly show him where his heart's affection centered. Another might have no riches to divide his heart, but he might have instead, a good name, or worldly fame, and either of these might be sharer of much of the love of the hearth so as to prevent his loving the Lord with all his strength. This young man concluded that the Law, as Jesus interpreted it, was more than he could keep. Let any one who thinks he is keeping the whole law, begin with this first commandment, repeat it slowly and apply it to himself. -- "Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart with all thy mind, with all thy soul, and with all thy strength." A perfect man can do no more; an imperfect or sinful man cannot live up to this perfect standard of love and obedience. A man even on the upper rounds of the ladder, and nearest perfect, could not keep this perfect law, to say nothing of the poor degraded beings pushed by sin down to the lowest round.

No. there is but one who ever kept it or could keep it. Think you, was he a perfect man, or a degraded one on the lowest round of the ladder as some have claimed? O, he was the perfect one of whom the all wise Father could, and did say: "This is my beloved Son in whom I am well pleased." .........................."
    source: auburn.edu

Instead of bragging about their ability to "keep all the commandments," Mormons should be on their knees weeping, knowing they have violated all the Law and Commandments:

"For whoever keeps the whole law and yet stumbles at just one point is guilty of breaking all of it. James 2:10 (too bad Joey Smith didn't read this part of James)

Where is your pride Mormon Commandment Keepers, now that the Word has testified against your ability to "keep the Commandments?"

One horribly evil form of Mormon pride is this: They test truth by their feelings (claiming their feelings are the Holy Ghost) and not by the Word of God. This is why one Mormon here joined the cult before he cracked open a Bible. He depended on his own "feelings." Instead of "testing the spirit," he embraced a false spirit and wanders to this day in darkness. What are the five "tests" we should apply to new revelations or doctrines:

https://www.challies.com/articles/te...every-teacher/

Cults ALL claim some new form of revelation. The Watchtower, Christian Science, SDA, Jesus Only, etc. But when Christians have "tested" their claims, they have all been found lacking in truth and we are to warn others to stay away from them. And so it is with Mormonism. The Book of Mormon has been "tested" and found wanting. Joseph Smith has been "tested" and found to be sub-moral and without integrity. Other Mormon "revelations" have been tested and found time and again to be false. Mormonism has been "tested" by Christians and they know it is not true.

See: https://www.watchman.org/articles/mo...-of-a-prophet/

So my friend, when Mormons come here or stand up in their wards to testify that their church is the only "true and living church" on the face of the earth, they are full of false pride, because Mormonism has failed the test of truth. And their pride is lethal going before destruction. Unfortunately, all of Mormonism is rooted in the false claims of Joseph Smith. Smith's words are considered superior to the Bible. Mormons have added belief in Joseph Smith (and his blood) as a condition for "full salvation." Yet it is Smith who paved the rutted road of spiritual pride we find in Mormonism:

History of the Church 6:408-409:

Come on! ye prosecutors! ye false swearers! All hell, boil over! Ye burning mountains, roll down your lava! for I will come out on the top at last. I have more to boast of than ever any man had. I am the only man that has ever been able to keep a whole church together since the days of Adam. A large majority of the whole have stood by me. Neither Paul, John, Peter, nor Jesus ever did it. I boast that no man ever did such a work as I. The followers of Jesus ran away from Him; but the Latter-day Saints never ran away from me yet. You know my daily walk and conversation. I am in the bosom of a virtuous and good people. How I do love to hear the wolves howl! When they can get rid of me, the devil will also go. For the last three years I have a record of all my acts and proceedings, for I have kept several good, faithful, and efficient clerks in constant employ: they have accompanied me everywhere, and carefully kept my history, and they have written down what I have done, where I have been, and what I have said; therefore my enemies cannot charge me with any day, time, or place, but what I have written testimony to prove my actions; and my enemies cannot prove anything against me.

Compare that rant to Paul's words: "Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ’s power may rest on me. That is why, for Christ’s sake, I delight in weaknesses, in insults, in hardships, in persecutions, in difficulties. For when I am weak, then I am strong." (2 Cor. 12)

And finally, Mormonism is all about "personal worthiness," which is the pride of life:

"Something that a Latter-day Saint ought to consider is the pride many Mormons have in going to the temple. To be able to attend a Mormon temple, a temple recommend is required. What does a person need to do to receive this special identification? First, he or she must be considered worthy. He or she must be a tithe-payer; if not, restitution must be made. Also, no hot drinks are allowed to be imbibed, the person must be sexually pure, the Sabbath must be honored, and other requirements are also necessary. It’s all based on merit and “personal worthiness.”

I have never been a Latter-day Saint, nor have I attended the LDS temple, but I can only imagine the pride that must be inside a person who realizes he or she is considered by the “Church” as “worthy,” a place where most other Mormons are unable to attend. The Church promotes a pride that is not easily overcome." (MRM ministry)

For a Christian, the song Amazing Grace says it all: I AM A WRETCH! But Jesus saved me, nonetheless. Unfortunately, Mormons should never sing this song; instead they might sing: "Amazing Law Keeping."

This from a Mormon prophet:

"“The Lord will bless us to the degree to which we keep His commandments. Nephi put this principle in a tremendous orbit when he said: ‘For we labor diligently to write, to persuade our children, and also our brethren, to believe in Christ, and to be reconciled to God; for we know that it is by grace that we are saved, after all we can do.’ (2 Nephi 25:23.) The Savior’s blood, His atonement, will save us, but only after we have done all we can to save ourselves by keeping His commandments” (Teachings of Presidents of the Church: Harold B. Lee, 24. See also Stand Ye in Holy Places, 246 )."

Yes, pride does go before destruction. Mormons walk in spiritual blindness - for Scripture is very clear. I remember when I realized that there was absolutely nothing I could do to save myself but throw myself on God's mercy. All that pride of being able to "do something" was stripped from me, and I stood before the Cross, empty handed. I could bring nothing but my plea to Christ. Until a person has that "Jesus moment," when what Jesus did for us becomes clear to them, by the power of the Holy Spirit, through the Word of God, they remain in the pride of life, lost, striving, and subject to every wind of doctrine. Never coming to a knowledge of the Truth.

Last edited by Catherine Aurelia; 08-06-18, 01:05 PM.
    Christian scholar John MacArthur about Mormonism: “Mormonism is wrong in epic proportions.”

Originally posted by Catherine Aurelia View Post
    “Pride is your greatest enemy, humility is your greatest friend.” So said the late John R.W. Stott, (my note: An Anglican divine) a remarkably humble man of great abilities and accomplishments who is often said to have made the greatest impact for Christ of anyone in the twentieth century. His succinct statement about pride and humility goes straight to the heart of what the Bible teaches about the deadly root of our sins and sorrows."

Haven't we seen here many Mormons speaking with PRIDE about how they keep the Commandments. All the time. They claim to be Commandment Keepers.

But the Bible says: "Therefore by works of the Law, not any flesh will be justified before Him; for through the Law is knowledge of sin." Romans 3:20

and

"Do not bring Your servant into judgment, for no one alive is righteous before You". Ps. 143:2

And so you Mormon "commandment keepers," read this:

The Law is a great measuring line which God has let down to humanity. In the pride of the natural heart, many lay hold of it and think they measure pretty nearly what God wants, but since sin entered the world, all men are under its penalty, "There is none righteous, no, not one." Then, since all are imperfect, surely none can keep the perfect law, and so Jesus declared: "None of you keepeth the Law;" and Paul says that if the law could have been kept, Christ would not have died. Gal. 2:21. Again: "That no man is justified by the law is evident." Gal. 3:11. None can keep it, because sin has blemished all whom it has touched; all are imperfect.

Does someone say that he can keep the Law? Come with me to Palestine and see perhaps a copy of yourself. A certain young man came to Jesus saying: "Good Master, what shall I do to inherit eternal life?" Jesus takes advantage of the words "Good Master," to show him that he has acknowledged His authority, so that when He should afterward tell him what to do; he could not make the excuse that he doubted His authority to so instruct. Jesus then said to him: "Thou knowest the commandments" -- That is to say, you know that God has arranged and promised that those who keep the commandments may life forever. "They that do those things shall live by them." This young man evidently had expected this answer, for with joy he replied: "All these have I kept from my youth up." He was indeed an exemplary man. "And Jesus beholding him loved him." And He answered him, "One thing thou lackest." He was almost perfect, says some one. He almost kept the whole law. No, we think not; the one thing he lacked, was, in Jesus' estimation, the chief commandment of all; -- viz: "Thou shalt love the Lord thy God, with all thy heart, soul, mind, and strength." This chief commandment he had not kept. Instead of loving the Lord with all his powers, he was loving his wealth with a part of his heart; and with a larger part too, it would seem, since he was willing rather to cling to it than to obtain eternal life. His heart divided its attention between God and earthly riches, and Jesus gave him such a command as would most quickly show him where his heart's affection centered. Another might have no riches to divide his heart, but he might have instead, a good name, or worldly fame, and either of these might be sharer of much of the love of the hearth so as to prevent his loving the Lord with all his strength. This young man concluded that the Law, as Jesus interpreted it, was more than he could keep. Let any one who thinks he is keeping the whole law, begin with this first commandment, repeat it slowly and apply it to himself. -- "Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart with all thy mind, with all thy soul, and with all thy strength." A perfect man can do no more; an imperfect or sinful man cannot live up to this perfect standard of love and obedience. A man even on the upper rounds of the ladder, and nearest perfect, could not keep this perfect law, to say nothing of the poor degraded beings pushed by sin down to the lowest round.

No. there is but one who ever kept it or could keep it. Think you, was he a perfect man, or a degraded one on the lowest round of the ladder as some have claimed? O, he was the perfect one of whom the all wise Father could, and did say: "This is my beloved Son in whom I am well pleased." .........................."
    source: auburn.edu

Instead of bragging about their ability to "keep all the commandments," Mormons should be on their knees weeping, knowing they have violated all the Law and Commandments:

"For whoever keeps the whole law and yet stumbles at just one point is guilty of breaking all of it. James 2:10 (too bad Joey Smith didn't read this part of James)

Where is your pride Mormon Commandment Keepers, now that the Word has testified against your ability to "keep the Commandments?"

One horribly evil form of Mormon pride is this: They test truth by their feelings (claiming their feelings are the Holy Ghost) and not by the Word of God. This is why one Mormon here joined the cult before he cracked open a Bible. He depended on his own "feelings." Instead of "testing the spirit," he embraced a false spirit and wanders to this day in darkness. What are the five "tests" we should apply to new revelations or doctrines:

https://www.challies.com/articles/te...every-teacher/

Cults ALL claim some new form of revelation. The Watchtower, Christian Science, SDA, Jesus Only, etc. But when Christians have "tested" their claims, they have all been found lacking in truth and we are to warn others to stay away from them. And so it is with Mormonism. The Book of Mormon has been "tested" and found wanting. Joseph Smith has been "tested" and found to be sub-moral and without integrity. Other Mormon "revelations" have been tested and found time and again to be false. Mormonism has been "tested" by Christians and they know it is not true.

See: https://www.watchman.org/articles/mo...-of-a-prophet/

So my friend, when Mormons come here or stand up in their wards to testify that their church is the only "true and living church" on the face of the earth, they are full of false pride, because Mormonism has failed the test of truth. And their pride is lethal going before destruction. Unfortunately, all of Mormonism is rooted in the false claims of Joseph Smith. Smith's words are considered superior to the Bible. Mormons have added belief in Joseph Smith (and his blood) as a condition for "full salvation." Yet it is Smith who paved the rutted road of spiritual pride we find in Mormonism:

History of the Church 6:408-409:

Come on! ye prosecutors! ye false swearers! All hell, boil over! Ye burning mountains, roll down your lava! for I will come out on the top at last. I have more to boast of than ever any man had. I am the only man that has ever been able to keep a whole church together since the days of Adam. A large majority of the whole have stood by me. Neither Paul, John, Peter, nor Jesus ever did it. I boast that no man ever did such a work as I. The followers of Jesus ran away from Him; but the Latter-day Saints never ran away from me yet. You know my daily walk and conversation. I am in the bosom of a virtuous and good people. How I do love to hear the wolves howl! When they can get rid of me, the devil will also go. For the last three years I have a record of all my acts and proceedings, for I have kept several good, faithful, and efficient clerks in constant employ: they have accompanied me everywhere, and carefully kept my history, and they have written down what I have done, where I have been, and what I have said; therefore my enemies cannot charge me with any day, time, or place, but what I have written testimony to prove my actions; and my enemies cannot prove anything against me.

Compare that rant to Paul's words: "Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ’s power may rest on me. That is why, for Christ’s sake, I delight in weaknesses, in insults, in hardships, in persecutions, in difficulties. For when I am weak, then I am strong." (2 Cor. 12)

And finally, Mormonism is all about "personal worthiness," which is the pride of life:

"Something that a Latter-day Saint ought to consider is the pride many Mormons have in going to the temple. To be able to attend a Mormon temple, a temple recommend is required. What does a person need to do to receive this special identification? First, he or she must be considered worthy. He or she must be a tithe-payer; if not, restitution must be made. Also, no hot drinks are allowed to be imbibed, the person must be sexually pure, the Sabbath must be honored, and other requirements are also necessary. It’s all based on merit and “personal worthiness.”

I have never been a Latter-day Saint, nor have I attended the LDS temple, but I can only imagine the pride that must be inside a person who realizes he or she is considered by the “Church” as “worthy,” a place where most other Mormons are unable to attend. The Church promotes a pride that is not easily overcome." (MRM ministry)

For a Christian, the song Amazing Grace says it all: I AM A WRETCH! But Jesus saved me, nonetheless. Unfortunately, Mormons should never sing this song; instead they might sing: "Amazing Law Keeping."

This from a Mormon prophet:

"“The Lord will bless us to the degree to which we keep His commandments. Nephi put this principle in a tremendous orbit when he said: ‘For we labor diligently to write, to persuade our children, and also our brethren, to believe in Christ, and to be reconciled to God; for we know that it is by grace that we are saved, after all we can do.’ (2 Nephi 25:23.) The Savior’s blood, His atonement, will save us, but only after we have done all we can to save ourselves by keeping His commandments” (Teachings of Presidents of the Church: Harold B. Lee, 24. See also Stand Ye in Holy Places, 246 )."

Yes, pride does go before destruction. Mormons walk in spiritual blindness - for Scripture is very clear. I remember when I realized that there was absolutely nothing I could do to save myself but throw myself on God's mercy. All that pride of being able to "do something" was stripped from me, and I stood before the Cross, empty handed. I could bring nothing but my plea to Christ. Until a person has that "Jesus moment," when what Jesus did for us becomes clear to them, by the power of the Holy Spirit, through the Word of God, they remain in the pride of life, lost, striving, and subject to every wind of doctrine. Never coming to a knowledge of the Truth.

The problem is that many of the 'commandments' that Mormons claim to keep were never instituted or authorized by Christ. Therefore, Mormons are no better off today than the legalistic Pharisees were during the ministry of Jesus. It is plain to see that many of the commandments of Mormonism are merely man-made, like unto many of the fences that the Pharisees placed around the Torah, for which Jesus reviled them.
    "You have just constructed a straw man so large you could burn it in the desert and hold an annoying festival around it"

"One's personal world view can be so powerful that it blinds them to any evidence that contradicts it"

Comment

Originally posted by desertscout View Post

The problem is that many of the 'commandments' that Mormons claim to keep were never instituted or authorized by Christ. Therefore, Mormons are no better off today than the legalistic Pharisees were during the ministry of Jesus. It is plain to see that many of the commandments of Mormonism are merely man-made, like unto many of the fences that the Pharisees placed around the Torah, for which Jesus reviled them.
      They resemble the Hassidic Jews in the northeast. They, too, have a lot of made up rules. And they suppress their women as well.
      Christian scholar John MacArthur about Mormonism: “Mormonism is wrong in epic proportions.”

Comment

bump

Comment

They resemble the Hassidic Jews in the northeast. They, too, have a lot of made up rules. And they suppress their women as well.
          Religiosity is not necessarily the equivalent of keeping God's commandments, especially when man-made rules like the WOW; temple endowments patterned after Freemasonry; temple endowment rites memorized in order to get past guardian angels and regain entrance into the presence of their father; baptism for the dead; the Aaronic priesthood during this age of grace; the Melchizedek priesthood; more than one high priest; water as an emblem of the sacrament; former polygamy (an abomination according to the BoM) & a host of others. Mormons seem to be looking for scales at the final judgment, where they can weigh their alleged good works against their bad, but what if some of the good were for the wrong motives and they are burned up? OOPS!!!
          "You have just constructed a straw man so large you could burn it in the desert and hold an annoying festival around it"

"One's personal world view can be so powerful that it blinds them to any evidence that contradicts it"

Comment

Religiosity is not necessarily the equivalent of keeping God's commandments, especially when man-made rules like the WOW; temple endowments patterned after Freemasonry; temple endowment rites memorized in order to get past guardian angels and regain entrance into the presence of their father; baptism for the dead; the Aaronic priesthood during this age of grace; the Melchizedek priesthood; more than one high priest; water as an emblem of the sacrament; former polygamy (an abomination according to the BoM) & a host of others. Mormons seem to be looking for scales at the final judgment, where they can weigh their alleged good works against their bad, but what if some of the good were for the wrong motives and they are burned up? OOPS!!!
            Absolutely right! A lot of Hare Krishnas live very sober, almost holy lives. They are careful about diet, cleansing themselves, doing charitable good works, etc. However, they do all these things to honor Krishna, a false idol Mormons are in that same boat. Doing all these good works for an organization that has occult rites, antichrist doctrines, and worships another god.

Comment

Absolutely right! A lot of Hare Krishnas live very sober, almost holy lives. They are careful about diet, cleansing themselves, doing charitable good works, etc. However, they do all these things to honor Krishna, a false idol Mormons are in that same boat. Doing all these good works for an organization that has occult rites, antichrist doctrines, and worships another god.
              Muslims (the non-violent ones) also display their works daily, but they are still lost without the true Jesus.

Comment

Muslims (the non-violent ones) also display their works daily, but they are still lost without the true Jesus.
                Mormons are really into "exaltation" of self (the epitome of which is their goal to become a god). How many Mormons here have ever exalted Jesus, or even talk about how much they love their "h.f." None. After all, if their god is just a man like them, and they will be like him, why bother even worshiping him?

Comment

I was pondering something lately, along these lines....the first sin was one of pride wanting to be like God, or be a God....So, God made salvation something we must humbly accept. We must confess that we are by nature, sinful and unclean. That no good lives in us. That we have nothing good to offer God, except our wretched, sinful selves. Those are nothing to boast about! So, God took salvation entirely out of our hands, doing all that is necessary to save us, and that salvation we accept humbly, by grace through faith in Christ Jesus our Lord. But only when we die to self can we live to Christ--and even thatg ability comes by grace through faith in Him.

Pride brought man into sin. But only by utter humility, admitting that we are helpless to save ourselves by anything we do, can we then turn to Christ Jesus and confess our sins and plead with Him to save us. And He will and does! "A bruised reed He will not break...a smoldering wick He will not put out..."

As the great hymn Rock of Ages says..."Nothing in my hand I bring; simply to Thy cross I cling..."
                  "I am tired of being treated like a mushroom--they keep me in the dark and feed me manure!" (reasons why a Mormon was leaving the LDS church)
                  "What people don't realize is how much religion costs. They think faith is a big electric blanket, when of course, it is the cross."--Flannery O'Connor
                  "I am a Missouri Synod Lutheran--NOT REFORMED/CALVINIST. PLEASE learn the difference."
                  "The truth may hurt for a little while, but a lie hurts forever."--anonymous
                  "If Jesus isn't THE WAY, then there is nothing else."--Bob

Comment

I don't knkw where it is, now, but someone put something down here some months ago, that I wish I had bookmarked. It was a quote from some Mormon leader or otjer, who said we don't need to come humbly to our Heavenly Father, since he is literally our father, but can come to Him with our heads held proudly high, to grasp his hand as beloved sons...something along those lines. Obviously I am paraphrasing. I don't know if anyone knows that quote. But if it ever shows up on here again, I am going to make sure I keep it.
                    "I am tired of being treated like a mushroom--they keep me in the dark and feed me manure!" (reasons why a Mormon was leaving the LDS church)
                    "What people don't realize is how much religion costs. They think faith is a big electric blanket, when of course, it is the cross."--Flannery O'Connor
                    "I am a Missouri Synod Lutheran--NOT REFORMED/CALVINIST. PLEASE learn the difference."

Comment

A lot of Hare Krishnas live very sober, almost holy lives. They are careful about diet, cleansing themselves, doing charitable good works, etc.
                      Then those people will fare better on judgment day than extremist antimormons will. At least the Krishna devotees followed SOME of the Sermon on the Mount...

Comment

Originally posted by NRA-Jeff View Post

Then those people will fare better on judgment day than extremist antimormons will. At least the Krishna devotees followed SOME of the Sermon on the Mount...
                        They will fare better on judgment day than those in pseudo-Christian cults, who pervert and distort the true Gospel message and preach a false Savior, one who is Satan's brother (!) in the pre-mortal spirit existence, the son of a God who is a mere exalted man, who himself is just an exalted man, a little further up the evolutionary ladder than we mortals are.

At least Krishnas do not pretend to be Christians, as pseudo-Christian cults do.
                        Last edited by Bonnie; 08-10-18, 07:28 AM.

Comment

Working...
                        X