Announcement

Collapse

Message to all users:

https://carm.org/forum-rules

Super Member Subscription
https://carm.org/carm-super-members-banner-ad-signup

As most of you are aware, we had a crash to forums and were down for over two days a while back. We did have to do an upgrade to the vbulletin software to fix the forums and that has created changes, VB no longer provide the hybrid or threaded forums. There are some issues/changes to the forums we are not able to fix or change. Also note the link address change, please let friends and posters know of the changed link to the forums. For now this is the only link available, https://forums.carm.org/vb5/ but if clicking on forum on carm.org homepage it will now send you to this link. (edited to add https: now working.

Again, we are working through some of the posting and viewing issues to learn how to post with the changes, you will have to check and test the different features, icons that have changed. You may also want to go to profile settings,since many of the notifications, information in profile, also to update/edit your avatar by clicking on avatar space, pull down arrow next to login for user settings.

Edit to add "How to read forums, to make it easier."
Pull down arrow next to login name upper right select profile, or user settings when page opens to profile,select link in tab that says Account. Then select/choose options, go down to Conversation Detail Options, Select Display mode Posts, NOT Activity, that selection of Posts will make the pages of discussions go to last post on last page rather than out of order that happens if you choose activity threads. Then be sure to go to bottom and select SAVE Changes in your profile options. You can then follow discussions by going through the pages, to the last page having latest responses. Then click on the other links Privacy, Notifications, to select viewing options,the forums get easier if you open all the tabs or links in your profile, user settings and select options. To join Super Member, pull down arrow next to login name, select User Settings and then click on tab/link at top that says Subscriptions.

Thank you for your patience and God Bless.

Diane S
https://carm.org/forum-rules
See more
See less

Honesty About Joseph Smith Being a Sexual Predator

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Honesty About Joseph Smith Being a Sexual Predator

Mormons need to come to grips with the predatory lifestyle of Joseph Smith. All their denials are worthless. One Mormon here said they reject the words "pedophile, hebephile" to describe their precious "prophet." Too bad, you can reject words all you want, Mormons, but you can't reject facts. This was written by a professional who deals with teens:

http://www.116pages.com/2016/08/evid...as-sexual.html

How amazing! Finally someone speaks out! Finally the cult must respond, right? Nope - look at the vapid excuses of Brian Hale, Mormon, beneath the article. Especially read the responses to Brian's remarks. I love this one:

"Why don't your missionaries tell me about this stuff? Why do you guys hide it? Because it's wrong. Period. I bet your daughter finds comfort in the fact that you would give her over to Monson if an angel appeared to him! YOU GUYS MAKE JESUS OUT TO BE A REGULAR MAN, WHO PRACTICED PALIGAMY SHAME ON YOU!"

Amen! Why don't the missionaries tell the truth about their great founder and serial adulterer? Because it would turn off decent people, that's why. Give them milk (which is just sanctified bologna). Let them get involved before they learn who Smith was really.

I believe that the author of the above, which was an OP ED to the Salt Lake Tribune, although not listed on the link, was psychologist and Mormon Kristy Money.

Interestingly, the NY Times commented on Money's Op Ed. Good for them.

https://www.nytimes.com/2014/11/30/o...he-saints.html
    Christian scholar John MacArthur about Mormonism: “Mormonism is wrong in epic proportions.”

NY Times:

"How is Smithís behavior, some Mormons have asked, any different from that of the crazed religious zealot who kidnapped 14-year-old Elizabeth Smart in 2002 and forced her to have sex with him? Both men say they were commanded by God."

Pretty good comments: https://www.nytimes.com/2014/11/30/o...he-saints.html
    Christian scholar John MacArthur about Mormonism: “Mormonism is wrong in epic proportions.”

Comment

bump

Comment

Originally posted by Catherine Aurelia View Post
        Mormons need to come to grips with the predatory lifestyle of Joseph Smith. All their denials are worthless.
        All of our critics accusations are worthless.
        One Mormon here said they reject the words "pedophile, hebephile" to describe their precious "prophet." Too bad, you can reject words all you want, Mormons, but you can't reject facts.
        You don't have facts.
        This was written by a professional who deals with teens:
        and a professional with an animus. Guess what, your professional doesn't have any facts either. They are speculating just like our critics do. Being a professional doesn't give one a crystal ball into the thoughts and actions of people long since dead.

How amazing! Finally someone speaks out!
        Really? As if there aren't any critics and people running around calling Joseph Smith a pedophile. Why I think you do that, don't you?
        Finally the cult must respond, right?
        Yea. He's guessing, hoping, just like all the other critics are.
        Nope - look at the vapid excuses of Brian Hale, Mormon, beneath the article. Especially read the responses to Brian's remarks. I love this one:
        I'll just bet you do. It's right up the critic's alley.

"Why don't your missionaries tell me about this stuff?
        They don't have to, it's not like there isn't plenty of internet hype and speculation about it already. Their job is to teach what we believe, not give history lessons.
        Why do you guys hide it?
        We don't. There's tons and tons of LDS literature on the topic.
        Because it's wrong.
        Or because our critics are wrong.
        Period.
        Period.
        I bet your daughter finds comfort in the fact that you would give her over to Monson if an angel appeared to him!
        Since that's NEVER happened by any prophet in any age, I don't see why we should suspect or support that it would.
        YOU GUYS MAKE JESUS OUT TO BE A REGULAR MAN,
        COMPLETELY OFF TOPIC.
        WHO PRACTICED PALIGAMY SHAME ON YOU!"
        But he was a man and it's quite possible and even reasonable that he did.

Amen! Why don't the missionaries tell the truth about their great founder and serial adulterer? Because it would turn off decent people, that's why. Give them milk (which is just sanctified bologna). Let them get involved before they learn who Smith was really.
        Already explained.

"...for now is our salvation nearer to us than when we believed." Romans 13:11 -- What else must be done to move past belief? Faith is belief in action. It is works unto salvation.

Comment

Geez. The article is just a regurgitation of what our critics claim. There's literally nothing new. Not even the "favored" quote. It's been shown time and again that our critics, like this OP ED, read into what was said. The article lists the authors paraphrasing of the statement first which is leading the witness but doesn't explain whether the statements are made to children (which never happened) or to teenagers (which rarely happened) or to adults (which wouldn't support his claims at all).

First off, he isn't grooming them. Grooming is a process used to gain trust. Telling someone not to tell anyone isn't grooming and it certainly isn't a way to gain trust and secondly, he told a lot of people. He didn't publish it in the newspaper, but I'm pretty sure he told at least 30 people and they seemed to know about each other or at some point learned about each other (which kind of indicates that it wasn't that big of a secret). That kind of "don't tell anyone" isn't the same as the type of "don't tell anyone" that a sexual predator tells his victims. Second off, there is no proof of sex, or even evidence of sex with any of the teenagers, with any of his supposed victims.

"...for now is our salvation nearer to us than when we believed." Romans 13:11 -- What else must be done to move past belief? Faith is belief in action. It is works unto salvation.

Comment

Originally posted by BrotherofJared View Post
            Geez. The article is just a regurgitation of what our critics claim. There's literally nothing new. Not even the "favored" quote. It's been shown time and again that our critics, like this OP ED, read into what was said. The article lists the authors paraphrasing of the statement first which is leading the witness but doesn't explain whether the statements are made to children (which never happened) or to teenagers (which rarely happened) or to adults (which wouldn't support his claims at all).

First off, he isn't grooming them. Grooming is a process used to gain trust. Telling someone not to tell anyone isn't grooming and it certainly isn't a way to gain trust and secondly, he told a lot of people. He didn't publish it in the newspaper, but I'm pretty sure he told at least 30 people and they seemed to know about each other or at some point learned about each other (which kind of indicates that it wasn't that big of a secret). That kind of "don't tell anyone" isn't the same as the type of "don't tell anyone" that a sexual predator tells his victims. Second off, there is no proof of sex, or even evidence of sex with any of the teenagers, with any of his supposed victims.
            "Dont tell Emma." He did say that. Relief Society was filled with women who were married to her husband without her knowledge.

Telling a 12 year old girl that she was meant to be his wife was definitely grooming. And spiritual abuse.
            ~ There is life after mormonism, and it's good! Just stay close to Christ.
            ~ You can't follow Christ and false prophets at the same time.
            ~ "Come to Me, all who are weary and heavy-laden, and I will give you rest." Matthew 11:28

Comment

Mormons need to come to grips with the predatory lifestyle of Joseph Smith. All their denials are worthless. One Mormon here said they reject the words "pedophile, hebephile" to describe their precious "prophet." Too bad, you can reject words all you want, Mormons, but you can't reject facts. This was written by a professional who deals with teens:

http://www.116pages.com/2016/08/evid...as-sexual.html

How amazing! Finally someone speaks out! Finally the cult must respond, right? Nope - look at the vapid excuses of Brian Hale, Mormon, beneath the article. Especially read the responses to Brian's remarks. I love this one:

"Why don't your missionaries tell me about this stuff? Why do you guys hide it? Because it's wrong. Period. I bet your daughter finds comfort in the fact that you would give her over to Monson if an angel appeared to him! YOU GUYS MAKE JESUS OUT TO BE A REGULAR MAN, WHO PRACTICED PALIGAMY SHAME ON YOU!"

I believe that the author of the above, which was an OP ED to the Salt Lake Tribune, although not listed on the link, was psychologist and Mormon Kristy Money.

Interestingly, the NY Times commented on Money's Op Ed. Good for them.

https://www.nytimes.com/2014/11/30/o...he-saints.html
              "Paligamy"? What that the original spelling, or a play on words I wonder....polygamy where JS was supposedly just "pals" with many of his plural wives?
              "I am tired of being treated like a mushroom--they keep me in the dark and feed me manure!" (reasons why a Mormon was leaving the LDS church)
              "What people don't realize is how much religion costs. They think faith is a big electric blanket, when of course, it is the cross."--Flannery O'Connor
              "I am a Missouri Synod Lutheran--NOT REFORMED/CALVINIST. PLEASE learn the difference."
              "The truth may hurt for a little while, but a lie hurts forever."--anonymous
              "If Jesus isn't THE WAY, then there is nothing else."--Bob

Comment

Originally posted by Bonnie View Post

"Paligamy"? What that the original spelling, or a play on words I wonder....polygamy where JS was supposedly just "pals" with many of his plural wives?
                Probably just a typo.

Comment

look at the vapid excuses of Brian Hale, Mormon, beneath the article.
                  Are you sure it is okay to say that about another poster?

Comment

Originally posted by NRA-Jeff View Post

Are you sure it is okay to say that about another poster?
                    Brian Hale posts on here? Since when? I haven't seen anyone by that name on here.

The BrianH you are thinking of that used to be on here is another Brian, with a different last name. I know, because he and I have e mailed each other a few times, exchanging info for this board. But that was years ago.
                    "I am tired of being treated like a mushroom--they keep me in the dark and feed me manure!" (reasons why a Mormon was leaving the LDS church)
                    "What people don't realize is how much religion costs. They think faith is a big electric blanket, when of course, it is the cross."--Flannery O'Connor
                    "I am a Missouri Synod Lutheran--NOT REFORMED/CALVINIST. PLEASE learn the difference."

Comment

Probably just a typo.
                      Probably. But I was just funning, too.

Comment

Originally posted by Magdalena View Post

"Dont tell Emma." He did say that. Relief Society was filled with women who were married to her husband without her knowledge.

Telling a 12 year old girl that she was meant to be his wife was definitely grooming. And spiritual abuse.
                        Telling a 12 year old is grooming? When Samuel was only 11 he was told by God that he would be the Lordís Prophet. Was that grooming, too?

Comment

Originally posted by JustaLurker View Post

Telling a 12 year old is grooming? When Samuel was only 11 he was told by God that he would be the Lordís Prophet. Was that grooming, too?
                          God wasn't telling Samuel that He'd be marrying Him, did he? Folks: Mormons will never admit Smith did anything wrong. He is above criticism.
                          Last edited by Catherine Aurelia; 08-10-18, 06:57 PM.

Comment

God wasn't telling Samuel that He'd be marrying Him, did he? Folks: Mormons will never admit Smith did anything wrong. He is above criticism.
                            I see, God was just telling a 12 year old what He had planned for him...telling him by revelation. I agree. Thatís exactly what God was doing in the case of Mary and of Elisabeth Rollins. He spoke to Mary through an angel and to Elizabeth Rollins through His Prophet.

Comment

Originally posted by JustaLurker View Post

I see, God was just telling a 12 year old what He had planned for him...telling him by revelation. I agree. Thatís exactly what God was doing in the case of Mary and of Elisabeth Rollins. He spoke to Mary through an angel and to Elizabeth Rollins through His Prophet.
                              To compare Joseph Smith's disgusting sexual grooming with the actions of God is horrendous.In my opinion, a major sin. Mormons can rationalize anything away: incest, adultery, lying, witchcraft, murder - all acts by Smith which Mormons cover up.

And until the cult invents a time machine and goes back in time to obtain evidence of the Blessed Mother's age when the angel Gabriel came to her, don't bother me with phony history. I'm impervious to Mormon attempts at revisionism. Maybe someone less well read, or someone a lot more gullible might fall for such bologna, but those who use their brains will not.

Folks, we've discussed that the Pedophile Smith classically "groomed" Mary Lightner, age 12, before here:

https://forums.carm.org/vb5/forum/cu...welve-year-old

Notice how the Mormons defend Smith's pedophilic acts.
                              Last edited by Catherine Aurelia; 08-11-18, 09:44 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X