Announcement

Collapse

Message to all users:

https://carm.org/forum-rules

Super Member Subscription
https://carm.org/carm-super-members-banner-ad-signup

As most of you are aware, we had a crash to forums and were down for over two days a while back. We did have to do an upgrade to the vbulletin software to fix the forums and that has created changes, VB no longer provide the hybrid or threaded forums. There are some issues/changes to the forums we are not able to fix or change. Also note the link address change, please let friends and posters know of the changed link to the forums. For now this is the only link available, https://forums.carm.org/vb5/ but if clicking on forum on carm.org homepage it will now send you to this link. (edited to add https: now working.

Again, we are working through some of the posting and viewing issues to learn how to post with the changes, you will have to check and test the different features, icons that have changed. You may also want to go to profile settings,since many of the notifications, information in profile, also to update/edit your avatar by clicking on avatar space, pull down arrow next to login for user settings.

Edit to add "How to read forums, to make it easier."
Pull down arrow next to login name upper right select profile, or user settings when page opens to profile,select link in tab that says Account. Then select/choose options, go down to Conversation Detail Options, Select Display mode Posts, NOT Activity, that selection of Posts will make the pages of discussions go to last post on last page rather than out of order that happens if you choose activity threads. Then be sure to go to bottom and select SAVE Changes in your profile options. You can then follow discussions by going through the pages, to the last page having latest responses. Then click on the other links Privacy, Notifications, to select viewing options,the forums get easier if you open all the tabs or links in your profile, user settings and select options. To join Super Member, pull down arrow next to login name, select User Settings and then click on tab/link at top that says Subscriptions.

Thank you for your patience and God Bless.

Diane S
https://carm.org/forum-rules
See more
See less

The Demonic Origins of Mormonism

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Demonic Origins of Mormonism

It's difficult to read about Joseph Smith's treasure hunting, scrying (peep stone reading, crystal gazing), and use of enchantments to control spirits, without coming away feeling rather "icky." Smith was undoubtedly a young witch in his early years. He believed in astrology, fetishes, spirit communication, and all this prior to some "angel" supposedly visiting him with instructions of how to find gold plates; all this before the two "gods" visited him in a grove to tell him Christianity was an abomination. His mom read palms, an occult practice. He learned treasure hunting from his father, who didn't go to church because he was supposedly waiting for the true church to appear on earth (clever reason), and young Joe was pretty much a chip off the old sodden block. Daddy Smith was also involved with the Wood Scrape cult, occultists dedicated to the divining rod (Cowdery's family was in it too). So, growing up, we can see that Smith was the subject of generational demonic transference - demons which tend to be transferred from one generation to the next, and this is important to keep in mind when considering Joseph Smith and his family, and extended family (Oliver Cowdery):

http://www.ministeringdeliverance.co...nal_curses.php

Sounds strange, I know, but I've seen this time and again, and so have you if you think about it. I think his older brother, Alvin, was the one who was originally to be the new prophet, and when he died unexpectedly (and that is strange in itself), the role was transferred to Joe. Alvin, like Joe, had no involvement with Christians, and the Presbyterian minister who buried him seemed to emphasize that point at his funeral, giving Joe and all Mormons an avid hatred (to this very day) of the Presbyterian church. In fact, I believe that after Joey was supposedly visited by the "two beings" in the grove, he ran home to tell mommy (who attended a Presbyterian church) that he had learned for himself that Presbyterianism was not true! (Ummm, you just saw God the Father and Jesus and this is what you come away with? Strange!)

In any case, we can see that Smith's early childhood and teen years were impacted by a family entangled in some very bizarre (occult) beliefs. And, folks, Joseph Smith is the core and origin of Mormonism. Without Smith there would be no Mormonism. He is a Christ-like figure to Mormons, and takes the place of Jesus in Mormon hearts (to whom only lip service is paid). Smith, who fellowshipped with demons created Mormonism, its odd beliefs, and is its central figure. LDS "theology" originated in the tangled web of Smith's mind, and exhibits to this very day a sort of irrational and superstitious 19th century mindset. No Mormon here or elsewhere will ever condemn Joseph Smith. although he engaged in very immoral and illegal activities. They will "lie for the lord" to cover the tracks of Smith's evil lifestyle, for Smith is their "lord."

Now, considering the origins of Mormonism, perhaps you'll better understand the impact of the demonic and occult on this group. For instance, Mormons, themselves, apply the following verses to the origin of the Book of Mormon.

Mormonism started by Familiar Spirits [ Demonism ]

A Voice from the Dust
    67 Isaiah saw the coming forth of this record as the voice of one that has a familiar spirit whispering out of the dust:
    67 Woe to Ariel, to Ariel, the city where David dwelt! add ye year to year; let them kill sacrifices.
    67 Yet I will distress Ariel, and there shall be heaviness and sorrow: and it shall be unto me as Ariel.
    67 And I will camp against thee round about, and will lay siege against thee with a mount, and I will raise forts against thee.
    67 And thou shalt be brought down, and shalt speak out of the ground, and thy speech shall be low out of the dust, and thy voice shall be, as of one that hath a familiar spirit, out of the ground, and thy speech shall whisper out of the dust. (Is. 29:1-4)

and

"
    Well, when we look at Isa. 29 in context, we can see that it is anything BUT an endorsement of some metal plates buried in Palmyra, NY, dug up by a young occultist with a plan to make money off of gullible neighbors. No, it is a warning against having anything at all to do with a "famliar spirit," a demonic entity that resides within a person. Smith sought familiar spirits, and apparently was possessed by one until he died. In today's jargon, we call these indwelling demons "spirit guides." These are especially prevalent in people following New Age teachings or plainly occultic beliefs.

Folks, stay away from those running after familiar spirits and demonic powers - Mormonism is just such a religion. Steeped in the occult, it has no problems with communicating with the dead (in fact, encourages it), basing it beliefs on spiritistic visions, and following a "prophet," Smith, who was deeply involved in the Kingdom of Darkness. "

"Mormonism and its links to The Five “I Wills” of Lucifer.

In Isaiah 14 the narrative makes a digression to speak to the power behind the King of Babylon.
    Isaiah 14:12-15
    New American Standard Bible (NASB)
    12 “How you have fallen from heaven,
    O star of the morning, son of the dawn!
    You have been cut down to the earth,
    You who have weakened the nations!
    13 “But you said in your heart,
    I will ascend to heaven;
    I will raise my throne above the stars of God,
    And I will sit on the mount of assembly
    In the recesses of the north.
    14 ‘I will ascend above the heights of the clouds;
    I will make myself like the Most High.’
    15 “Nevertheless you will be thrust down to Sheol,
    To the recesses of the pit.

The foundations of New Age thinking may actually go back to the beginning of creation. There is no clear picture about how long after Lucifer’s creation sin was brought into creation, but Isaiah 14 and Ezekiel 28 give clues to the beauty that Lucifer embodied when he was created. The illegitimate ascent to godhood was conceived by Lucifer before Adam was created, but Lucifer’s aberrant religion was brought to Eve in the guise ‘you shall be as gods or like God,’ depending on the translation one likes to employ. Remember, Lucifer did not want to do away with God, he merely wanted to be elevated above God and receive the praise, honor, and glory that was only due to the Creator. This lie has been repackaged numerous times, depending on the specific writings and prophecies of any particular New Age prophet and their particular philosophy. The philosophies usually attack the validity of the Word of God, both written and Living, and even go so far as to reverse the roles of Lucifer, as the god of good, and Adonay, as the god of evil. However, the main hallmark of most of these New Ages religions is the ascent of mortals to godhood, which is also an important concept in Mormonism. "

(my note: In Mormonism, the ultimate goal is not to worship God but to become a god and be worshiped eternally by your offspring. Similar beliefs exist today, outside of Mormonism, in all New Age teachings.)

The Mormon quest for godhood, which originated with the serpent in the Garden, typifies what the occult teaches:

"Witchcraft Today
    By James R. Lewis p. 264
    “Do what thou wilst…”
    “This serpent Satan is not the enemy of man, but he who made gods of our race, knowing good and evil …”

Aleister Crowley
    “ The person will know what the religions of the ancient age have always tried to demonstrate; to be still and know that you are god! Indeed, this is the great new religion! Each and every person will know that he is god.”
    Brad Steiger
    The Fellowship p. 170
    “If a man needs to find god, he need only to find himself.”
    Lazaris – an entity channeled through the new age prophet Jack Purcell
    “People are gods in training”

Rick Stack – teacher of ‘Seth’ philosophy
    Note: Seth is the equivalent of the Egyptian god Set. Set is one of the infernal names of Satan.
    “This … the evolution of man into superman … was always the purpose of the ancient mysteries … Man, who has sprung from the earth and developed through the lower kingdoms of nature … has yet to complete his evolution … by becoming a god-like being …”

So we can see how Mormonism is closely tied in with witchcraft and the occult religious teaching that man can be god. Mormon "exaltation" is simply a continuation of Satan's lie, and the ancient teachings found in witchcraft and today New Age spirituality. Just as one of the "modern" false Mormon prophets taught:

“In each of us is the potentiality to become a God… Man can transform himself … he has in him the seeds of Godhood that can grow.”

Spencer W. Kimball
    Salt Lake City Tribune
    Sept. 18, 1974
    Oct. 7, 1974 "

No folks, we will not be God, that is a lie of Satan. Mormons are always spouting off about theosis, and some eastern Christian fathers seemed to have gone overboard in this idea, I agree. I am not an eastern Christian, but a Biblical Anglican Christian. If the Bible doesn't teach it, I don't believe it. So, Mormons reading this, don't bother quoting radical theosis comments to me. We will partake of some divine qualities when we are are living "in Christ" in our physical bodies, and also when we have our resurrected bodies. This is what "partaking of the divine nature" really means:

"A tract entitled “The Seven Togethers” sums up the Scripture testimony with regard to the Consequences of the believer’s Union with Christ:

Crucified together with Christ—Gal. 2:20—συνεσταύρωμαι.
    Died together with Christ—Col. 2:20—ἀπεθάνετε.
    Buried together with Christ—Rom. 6:4—συνετάφημεν
    Quickened together with Christ—Eph. 2:5—συνεζωοποίησεν
    Raised together with Christ—Col. 3:1—συνηγέρθητε
    Sufferers together with Christ—Rom. 8:17—συμπάσχομεν.
    Glorified together with Christ—Rom. 8:17—συνδοξασθῶμεν.
    Union with Christ results in common sonship, relation to God, character, influence, and destiny. (SYSTEMATIC THEOLOGY A Compendium and Commonplace Book, AUGUSTUS HOPKINS STRONG, P802 )" (from: hermeneutics.stackexchange.com )

Keep that above list handy for when the Mormons here start quoting something off the wall about partaking of the divine nature. Christians are in union with Christ, and co-heirs with Him. We will never, however, be Gods, and it is actually blasphemy to pretend that we might be. Mormons have been deceived by the Great Deceiver, the Enemy of God, who promises his followers godhood:

"Mormons fall for the first two lies of Satan

Genesis 3

1 Now the serpent was more subtle than any beast of the field which the LORD God had made. And he said unto the woman, Yea, hath God said, Ye shall not eat of every tree of the garden? 2 And the woman said unto the serpent, We may eat of the fruit of the trees of the garden: 3 But of the fruit of the tree which is in the midst of the garden, God hath said, Ye shall not eat of it, neither shall ye touch it, lest ye die. 4 And the serpent said unto the woman, Ye shall not surely die: 5 For God doth know that in the day ye eat thereof, then your eyes shall be opened, and ye shall be as gods, knowing good and evil."

Mormons first cast doubt upon the Bible, then spout the lie of Satan:

8.We believe the Bible to be the word of God as far as it is translated correctly; we also believe the Book of Mormon to be the word of God.

As man is, God once was; as God is, man may become.
    Author: Lorenzo Snow
    Source: Gospel Through The Ages
    Chapter: 43
    Page: 105

Remember it was Satan who first cast doubt on God's Words, "yea, hath Cod said?"

In modern times, the demon Ramtha has been channeled:

"Ramtha – the enlightened one, a teacher and a god.
    As channeled by J. Z. Knight
    “Evolutionary forces are ferrying everyone along to god-hood and all are anonymous Christians making faith in the literal death and resurrection of Christ uneccessary.”

That's right folks, belief in Jesus is unnecessary when you can become a God! Right out of the mouth of a DEMON!

source of quotes above unless otherwise noted: http://thetruthaboutmormonism-creeks...r-spirits.html

Last edited by Catherine Aurelia; 08-08-18, 01:52 PM.
    Christian scholar John MacArthur about Mormonism: “Mormonism is wrong in epic proportions.”

Some may think that Ed Decker's conclusions here are far fetched, but I see a lot of truth in them:

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/sure-...ople-ed-decker

The "nails" were used to crucify Christ - why do Mormons use them as a tool in temple worship?.....and at the same time saying they won't "glorify" the cross in their worship? Yet, they glorify the nails!
    Christian scholar John MacArthur about Mormonism: “Mormonism is wrong in epic proportions.”

Comment

Originally posted by Catherine Aurelia View Post
      Some may think that Ed Decker's conclusions here are far fetched, but I see a lot of truth in them:

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/sure-...ople-ed-decker

The "nails" were used to crucify Christ - why do Mormons use them as a tool in temple worship?.....and at the same time saying they won't "glorify" the cross in their worship? Yet, they glorify the nails!
      I hadnt thought about that before. Interesting.
      ~ There is life after mormonism, and it's good! Just stay close to Christ.
      ~ You can't follow Christ and false prophets at the same time.
      ~ "Come to Me, all who are weary and heavy-laden, and I will give you rest." Matthew 11:28

Comment

Originally posted by Magdalena View Post

I hadnt thought about that before. Interesting.
        Yeah! They go out of their way to condemn the cross, and don't allow any on or inside their buildings (much less on a necklace), but then they venerate the NAILs used to crucify Jesus. That is really sick.

Comment

Working...
        X