Announcement

Collapse

Message to all users:

https://carm.org/forum-rules

Super Member Subscription
https://carm.org/carm-super-members-banner-ad-signup

As most of you are aware, we had a crash to forums and were down for over two days a while back. We did have to do an upgrade to the vbulletin software to fix the forums and that has created changes, VB no longer provide the hybrid or threaded forums. There are some issues/changes to the forums we are not able to fix or change. Also note the link address change, please let friends and posters know of the changed link to the forums. For now this is the only link available, https://forums.carm.org/vb5/ but if clicking on forum on carm.org homepage it will now send you to this link. (edited to add https: now working.

Again, we are working through some of the posting and viewing issues to learn how to post with the changes, you will have to check and test the different features, icons that have changed. You may also want to go to profile settings,since many of the notifications, information in profile, also to update/edit your avatar by clicking on avatar space, pull down arrow next to login for user settings.

Edit to add "How to read forums, to make it easier."
Pull down arrow next to login name upper right select profile, or user settings when page opens to profile,select link in tab that says Account. Then select/choose options, go down to Conversation Detail Options, Select Display mode Posts, NOT Activity, that selection of Posts will make the pages of discussions go to last post on last page rather than out of order that happens if you choose activity threads. Then be sure to go to bottom and select SAVE Changes in your profile options. You can then follow discussions by going through the pages, to the last page having latest responses. Then click on the other links Privacy, Notifications, to select viewing options,the forums get easier if you open all the tabs or links in your profile, user settings and select options. To join Super Member, pull down arrow next to login name, select User Settings and then click on tab/link at top that says Subscriptions.

Thank you for your patience and God Bless.

Diane S
https://carm.org/forum-rules
See more
See less

Which Jesus do the Mormons believe in???

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which Jesus do the Mormons believe in???

Sometimes one fells like a dentist pulling teeth when trying to get the pre-incarnate history of Christ Jesus out of a Mormon.

Some Mormons say Jesus always existed....some Mormons say Jesus was born to a celestial set of parents...some Mormons say Jesus was Lucifers brother in a manner similar to our own biological brother while other say Jesus and Lucifer were brother in the sense two union members would bump fist and say how's it going brother. Others say brothers because God created all spirits and if God is the father than all are brothers.

Some Mormons say Jesus was elevated to Godhood by a heavenly council while others would disagree.

It seems as if in the Mormon LDS Temple theology...or whatever you call it... there is several different Jesus' presented and promoted.

So, who...what..is...was...the true pre-incarnate Christ Jesus?

Why the secret?

Originally posted by CrowCross View Post

Since there is only one Jesus, the question does not arise, therefore your thread is redundant.
    zerinus
    Keep Calm!
    I am a Mormon!

Comment

Were you under the impression that there was more than one Jesus?

Sometimes one fells like a dentist pulling teeth when trying to get the pre-incarnate history of Christ Jesus out of a Mormon.

Some Mormons say Jesus always existed....some Mormons say Jesus was born to a celestial set of parents...
      Both of these are Mormon doctrine. We believe the Father is the father of all of our spirits and we believe that whatever spirit consists of is eternal.

some Mormons say [1] Jesus was Lucifers brother in a manner similar to our own biological brother while other say [2] Jesus and Lucifer were brother in the sense two union members would bump fist and say how's it going brother. Others [3] brothers because God created all spirits and if God is the father than all are brothers.
      1 and 3 are the same thing and are Mormon doctrine. I’m unaware of any Mormon making claim number 2. Did you make that one up?

Some Mormons say Jesus was elevated to Godhood by a heavenly council while others would disagree.
      This is another that seems to be a made-up claim. Please quote or link us to a Mormon who says such. I can easily provide links to antl Mormons making that claim as a straw man.

Comment

Originally posted by zerinus View Post

Since there is only one Jesus, the question does not arise, therefore your thread is redundant.
        Then why does Paul speak of "another Jesus?"
        Christian scholar John MacArthur about Mormonism: “Mormonism is wrong in epic proportions.”

Comment

Originally posted by Catherine Aurelia View Post

Then why does Paul speak of "another Jesus?"
          Paul had some crazy ideas, this is one of them!
          zerinus
          Keep Calm!
          I am a Mormon!

Comment

This is not true. JWs have a Jesus that isn't the true Jesus; Muslims have a Jesus that isn't the true Jesus; and Mormons have a Jesus that isn't the true Jesus. Even Hinckley admitted that the jesus of the Mormons was not the Jesus of orthodox Christianity. The Jesus of the JWs is more of an Arian concept; the Jesus of Muslims is more of a Nestorian concept; and the jesus of the Mormons is more of a Gnostic concept. IOW; the jesus of Mormons is not the true Jesus any more than the Jesus of the JWs or Muslims is the true Jesus.
            "You have just constructed a straw man so large you could burn it in the desert and hold an annoying festival around it"

"One's personal world view can be so powerful that it blinds them to any evidence that contradicts it"

Comment

Paul had some crazy ideas, this is one of them!
              Boy, what an evil thing to say. So Paul was just crazy when he wrote that? And of course, Joey Smith was fine and dandy when he told a 14 year old girl if she married him her whole family would be saved, right?

But, than you, zerinus, are simply proving what Christian have always maintained: that Mormons could care less what the Bible says, and will resort to making a mockery out of the Apostle Paul's teachings if necessary. Paul gave his life for Jesus Christ...............what have you given zerinus?
              Last edited by Catherine Aurelia; 09-16-18, 07:42 PM.
              Christian scholar John MacArthur about Mormonism: “Mormonism is wrong in epic proportions.”

Comment

The one who may have had extremist antimormonism in mind when He said the things He said in Matthew 7.
                ...whenever a person's religious conversation dwells... on the faults of other people's religions, he is in a bad condition-C.S. Lewis

Comment

You're right, there is only one true Jesus....some cults invent a false Jesus....I've seen several Jesus presented within the mormon belief ....which Jesus do you believe in?

Can you, will you answer the question....So, who...what..is...was...the true pre-incarnate Christ Jesus?

Comment

Originally posted by JustaLurker View Post

Were you under the impression that there was more than one Jesus?

[QUOTE=JustaLurker;n5503296]no, why would yu say that? I was under the impression that the mormons present several different pre-incarnate Jesus' . That seemed to be pretty obvious in my OP.

Both of these are Mormon doctrine. We believe the Father is the father of all of our spirits and we believe that whatever spirit consists of is eternal.
                    So, what the spirits consist of is eternal...can you demonstrate that with a bible verse or two?

1 and 3 are the same thing and are Mormon doctrine. I’m unaware of any Mormon making claim number 2. Did you make that one up?
                    It's what I've read and heard. They got to share bunk beds

This is another that seems to be a made-up claim. Please quote or link us to a Mormon who says such. I can easily provide links to antl Mormons making that claim as a straw man.
                    Are you saying the pre-incarnate Jesus was always God? Even before the father became the father of the spirit of Jesus?

When the selection of who would become the savior was made....was Jesus God then? When did Jesus become a God?

Comment

Why are the Mormons shying away for answering...who...what..is...was...the true pre-incarnate Christ Jesus?

Comment

It's what I've read and heard. They got to share bunk beds
                        CFR, please.

It is important to differentiate between that which is taught, and that which is imagined to be taught.

Cet animal est très méchant,
                        Quand on l'attaque il se défend.

Translation: "This animal is very bad; when you attack it, it defends itself."

Comment

Originally posted by dianaiad View Post

CFR, please.

It is important to differentiate between that which is taught, and that which is imagined to be taught.

Then explain what is taught...as I've seen the Mormon Christ as being presented in several different and contradictory lights.

If I meet a mormon on the streets and he or she is being this evasive to a simple question...I'm walking away.

I think the answer you should have given is...good question, I don't know...I'll get back to you. Instead you do an evasive dance.

Comment

Then explain what is taught...as I've seen the Mormon Christ as being presented in several different and contradictory lights.
                            We are not allowed to 'proselyte' in here. If you want to know 'what is taught,' then LDS.org is a really good resource. Yours was the claim, that we believe in ...what was it..Jesus and Lucifer were brother in the sense two union members would bump fist and say how's it going brother. THAT one is so far from what we teach that it is beyond ludicrous.

But that's what you claimed, and so now you need to support that claim, if you please.

We believe that Jesus and Lucifer are brothers in one sense: That we are all children of God; no separate creations, in other words. All the spirits created by God are siblings. So Lucifer and Jesus are siblings. You and I are. You and Lucifer are. You and Jesus are. We all are...spiritually.

However, Lucifer 'fell,' and will never be born, so in the sense that all humans who have ever been born are siblings, then...that puts Lucifer at a considerable remove.
                            Jesus, however, WAS born and became fully human.
                            One more thing: Jesus is God the Father's Only Begotten Son. Nobody else can claim that...is that. He is unique.

I'll have to admit, when I was a teenager and first came up against the aghast exclamation "Mormons believe that Jesus and Satan are brothers!" My first reaction was 'yeah, so?" It's not as if it were a relationship that none of the rest of us share, or that Jesus and Lucifer share to the exclusion of anybody else.

Lucifer, Son of the Morning, beloved son of God who chose to rebel and take a whole bunch of his siblings with him. Their CHOICE (for whatever reason...Milton probably nailed it) and they took it.

Given this belief, I utterly fail to see how a 'brotherhood' of camaraderie can possibly be used as a definition of 'brother' between Jesus and Lucifer. So....you need to give us a reference for where you found it, I think. Someone needs to be corrected about this one, if you actually got it from a Mormon. Nothing could describe this relationship more inaccurately.

If I meet a mormon on the streets and he or she is being this evasive to a simple question...I'm walking away.

I think the answer you should have given is...good question, I don't know...I'll get back to you. Instead you do an evasive dance.
                            Just because you didn't LIKE the answer doesn't mean the answer was evasive, CC.
                            Cet animal est très méchant,
                            Quand on l'attaque il se défend.

Translation: "This animal is very bad; when you attack it, it defends itself."

Comment

Originally posted by dianaiad View Post

We believe that Jesus and Lucifer are brothers in one sense: That we are all children of God; no separate creations, in other words. All the spirits created by God are siblings. So Lucifer and Jesus are siblings. You and I are. You and Lucifer are. You and Jesus are. We all are...spiritually.
                              Thank you for the somewhat clarification.

Where does the bible teach this? You had said...All the spirits are not seperate creations...that Jesus is one of those spirits? Did God simply take a spoonfool ..so to speak...of spirit stuff and make satan out of it? That seem to be what your saying.

Comment

Working...
                              X