X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• oceancoast
    replied
    Originally posted by Catherine Aurelia View Post

Funny, I've never encountered a Mormon who knows the Bible, neither here or anywhere.
    ROFL..sounds like a personal problem to me. I guess none of us have ever actually encountered you.
    And stop with the "think-stop" icon of "anti-Mormon," which is designed to just have you bypass information.
    hardly a 'think-stop'. but simply an accurate adjective that describes some of the so-called "Christians" here..

It's a cultic trick. Don't fall for it OC.

No worries.. I don't fall for the antiMormon cultic tricks.

Leave a comment:

• oceancoast
    replied
    Originally posted by Bonnie View Post

Oh? How could they, when they read out of context so much and isolate verses, and do not take the entire Bible as a cohesive whole?
    We don't take it out of context. We simply don't follow the context of the dogma of the 4th century.. We look at the entirety of scripture as a whole and in it's proper historical context, rather than a man made context force to fit a 4th century dogma.

Leave a comment:

• desertscout
    replied

zerinus replied

... Nothing more to add.
    No doubt! What could any Mormon possibly add to the FACT that all of the Mormon deities once weren't gods at all? As inane as Mormon theology is; that FACT has to be among the most ludicrous concepts that Mormonism teaches.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Originally posted by JustaLurker View Post

You have affidavits attesting to the base character and nefarious deeds of Joseph Smith. We have affidavits attesting to the righteousness of his character and the loftiness fo his deeds.

You have a slew of accusations of all sorts made against Joseph by various people. We have even more people testifying that the accusations are false, without merit, and made by liars motivated by greed, lust, and revenge.

You're going to have to determine Joseph’s true character by some other means. We suggest that one read the Book of Mormon and then pray to God, asking if that text really is scripture from Him. An answer to such a question would change a person’s life for ever.
    You want us to believe the lies of Mormon affidavits? Never! The wretched wives of Joseph Smith, those in "sacred loneliness," attest to his disgraceful, and evil character, and to the character of those who supported him.

Leave a comment:

• BrotherofJared
    replied
    Originally posted by TheMatrixHasU71 View Post

No you have a witness from Satan, not the Holy Ghost. And those who reject the real truth, that the bible alone is the sole word of God will be damned.
    You don't know that.

I have already posted some major problems with the BoM and you have chosen to ignore them.
    are they in this thread? I would love to take a look at them.
    You have been EDITED by these evil liars in your"church".
    I don't think so.
    There are plenty others, such as the so called "golden plates' are a lie, as the ancient Native/Mesomaerican people were [B]STONE AGE. NO METALLURGY.
    I think u are either ignorant of the facts or u rrmisplacing them. No foundries have been found but that only makes it a mystery how they happended to have steel. Their work in metals like gold is well known.
    The had no written alphabet or in some causes used something similar to heiroglyphs.
    no one ever said they write using an alphabet.
    Your Joseph Smith came up with the book of Abraham
    That's a different argument.
    based on fragments of words from ancient texts where he wrote whole compositions based on only one word which was often no more than the equivalent of 'and' or 'the'.
    False. That is assumptions made by people, our critics, who assume they havehthe materials Joseph Smith translated from. They do not.
    I do believe you guys also believe the New Jerusalem will come down somewhere in the US. Wrong. IT will come down where current Jerusalem stands today.
    Prove it.
    I can easily come up with more
    You haven't come up with any yet.
    The Nephites, or whomever also NEVER EXISTED.
    Prove it. U can't.

Leave a comment:

• BrotherofJared
    replied
    Originally posted by Theo1689 View Post

<Chuckle>

This is the part where the Mormon, unable to defend his false teachings, simply bears his testimony (in this case, with a threat), and then runs away.
    not unlike modern christian apologists.

[QUOTE]Oh, and for those who are unaware, for the Mormon, "damned" doesn't mean "condemned" (ie. to "hell" or "outer darkness"). Unlike the threats modern Christians level at people who disagree with them.

Leave a comment:

• BrotherofJared
    replied

NO the book of mormon is the word of a known liar
    Everyone lies, that doesn't mean everything they say is a lie. The Book of Mormons stands on its own regardless of who translated it. Just read it and determine for yourself. If you don't think it is what it is what it claims it is, then no big deal. There are a lot of people who have read it and have come to agree that it is the word of God.
    who denies Scripture
    Apparently, you don't know what Joseph Smith does or doesn't do. He certainly doesn't deny scripture.
    and if you do not repent you are going to find out the truth the hardest way possible.
    The same is true for you.
    The Mormons believe all of us will be gods.
    Nope. Two things you are missing here. One, Mormons believe what the Bible states on this subject, nothing more or less. The Book of Mormon doesn't have one word about it. And two, you have our theology on that subject wrong (wrongheaded beyond belief).
    WRONGHEADED beyond belief.
    Yep. As I said you are so wrong. Learn what the people you attack actually believe before you start attacking. Maybe then you'll have a stronger footing.
    That is a teaching of Satan not God.
    Is Satan's name Jesus Christ? No. It is Christ's teachings in the Bible you claim you believe, not Satan's.
    The BoM contradicts the bible in 10000 different ways
    List one.
    not to mention the utter lie that the 10 tribes migrated to the New World
    LOL. That's not in there either. If it's no wonder you think there's a lie to be found, you don't even know what you're talking about. That's a lie for sure, but it's not a lie that came from our doctrine or beliefs. In fact, if you don't have a reference to back it up, I'd have to conclude that you made it up.
    and became the American Indian (when any EDITED can see just by LOOKING at them that they are --EDITED--FAR EASTERN people
    LOL. Appearances can be deceiving. There are people of African descent who believed they were white until DNA proved otherwise.

Leave a comment:

• zerinus
    replied
    Originally posted by Theo1689 View Post

<Chuckle>

This is the part where the Mormon, unable to defend his false teachings, simply bears his testimony (in this case, with a threat), and then runs away.

Oh, and for those who are unaware, for the Mormon, "damned" doesn't mean "condemned" (ie. to "hell" or "outer darkness"), it only means "dammed", such as your exaltation is "stopped up" like a dam.
    See my previous post.

Leave a comment:

• zerinus
    replied

No you have a witness from Satan, not the Holy Ghost. And those who reject the real truth, that the bible alone is the sole word of God will be damned.

I have already posted some major problems with the BoM and you have chosen to ignore them. You have been EDITED by these evil liars in your"church". There are plenty others, such as the so called "golden plates' are a lie, as the ancient Native/Mesomaerican people were STONE AGE. NO METALLURGY. They also had no written alphabet or in some causes used something similar to heiroglyphs. Your Joseph Smith came up with the book of Abraham based on fragments of words from ancient texts where he wrote whole compositions based on only one word which was often no more than the equivalent of 'and' or 'the'. I do believe you guys also believe the New Jerusalem will come down somewhere in the US. Wrong. IT will come down where current Jerusalem stands today. I can easily come up with more . The Nephites, or whomever also NEVER EXISTED.
    They also called Jesus Beelzebub. His reply was:

Matthew 12:

31 Wherefore I say unto you, All manner of sin and blasphemy shall be forgiven unto men: but the blasphemy against the Holy Ghost shall not be forgiven unto men.
    32 And whosoever speaketh a word against the Son of man, it shall be forgiven him: but whosoever speaketh against the Holy Ghost, it shall not be forgiven him, neither in this world, neither in the world to come.
    33 Either make the tree good, and his fruit good; or else make the tree corrupt, and his fruit corrupt: for the tree is known by his fruit.
    34 O generation of vipers, how can ye, being evil, speak good things? for out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaketh.

Mark 3:

28 Verily I say unto you, All sins shall be forgiven unto the sons of men, and blasphemies wherewith soever they shall blaspheme:
    29 But he that shall blaspheme against the Holy Ghost hath never forgiveness, but is in danger of eternal damnation:
    30 Because they said, He hath an unclean spirit.

The same condemnation rests on those who reject the Book of Mormon and call it of the devil. The Book of Mormon is true, it is the word of God, and the Holy Ghost bears witness to it; and those who reject it will be damned.

Leave a comment:

• Theo1689
    replied
    Originally posted by zerinus View Post

The Book of Mormon is the word of God. I have a witness of the Holy Ghost that it is. And those who reject it will be damned.
    <Chuckle>

Oh, and for those who are unaware, for the Mormon, "damned" doesn't mean "condemned" (ie. to "hell" or "outer darkness"), it only means "dammed", such as your exaltation is "stopped up" like a dam.

Leave a comment:

• TheMatrixHasU71
    replied
    Originally posted by zerinus View Post

The Book of Mormon is the word of God. I have a witness of the Holy Ghost that it is. And those who reject it will be damned.

I have already posted some major problems with the BoM and you have chosen to ignore them. You have been EDITED by these evil liars in your"church". There are plenty others, such as the so called "golden plates' are a lie, as the ancient Native/Mesomaerican people were STONE AGE. NO METALLURGY. They also had no written alphabet or in some causes used something similar to heiroglyphs. Your Joseph Smith came up with the book of Abraham based on fragments of words from ancient texts where he wrote whole compositions based on only one word which was often no more than the equivalent of 'and' or 'the'. I do believe you guys also believe the New Jerusalem will come down somewhere in the US. Wrong. IT will come down where current Jerusalem stands today. I can easily come up with more . The Nephites, or whomever also NEVER EXISTED.
    Last edited by Mod10; 10-20-18, 03:41 PM. Reason: Rule 22 violation

Leave a comment:

• zerinus
    replied

NO the book of mormon is the word of a known liar who denies Scripture and if you do not repent you are going to find out the truth the hardest way possible. The Mormons believe all of us will be gods. WRONGHEADED beyond belief. That is a teaching of Satan not God. The BoM contradicts the bible in 10000 different ways not to mention the utter lie that the 10 tribes migrated to the New World and became the American Indian (when any EDITED can see just by LOOKING at them that they are --EDITED--FAR EASTERN people

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    ZERINUS

The Lord our God is ONE LORD.

Thou shalt have no other gods before me

Isaiah 43:10

Ye are my witnesses, saith the LORD, and my servant whom I have chosen: that ye may know and believe me, and understand that I am he: before me there was no God formed, neither shall there be after me.

Revelation 1:8

I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the ending, saith the Lord. No gods before Him and none after Him

You also believe God stated out as a man. WRONG. Slap to you, time to wake up now Zerinus. God is ETERNAL. God has existed FOREVER. IF God started out as a man then who created the heavens and the earth? Hmm? Think about that one.

Deut 33:27

The eternal God is thy refuge, and underneath are the everlasting arms: and he shall thrust out the enemy from before thee; and shall say, Destroy them.

You also believe that there will be marriage in heaven. WRONG. For there is no marrying or giving in marriage in heaven. No sex for we shall be like the angels (Matth 22:30)

You have been LIED to. The BoM is a Satanic LIE. Mormonism is a Satanic lie. LEAVE them or you will perish and burn
    The Book of Mormon came from a demon-possessed and very evil man - Joseph Smith. He is the Mormon god.

At one time I wondered, "could there be such evil an human as one trying to replace Christianity with new "scriptures" and doctrine? Is Joseph Smith truly that evil? Well, after studying what demonic infestation is capable of, I realize that Jospeh Smith was not only infested, but TOTALLY POSSESSED of the Devil, Himself. Not just some demon spirit, but of Satan! He was the perfect vehicle for teaching such evil rot, as Mormonism. And Satan knew a good "host" to occupy while he organized the Mormon cult. It is nothing less than the invention of Satan. And he continues to occupy the throne in the hearts of Mormons.

Leave a comment:

• Bonnie
    replied

NO the book of mormon is the word of a known liar who denies Scripture and if you do not repent you are going to find out the truth the hardest way possible. The Mormons believe all of us will be gods. WRONGHEADED beyond belief. That is a teaching of Satan not God. The BoM contradicts the bible in 10000 different ways not to mention the utter lie that the 10 tribes migrated to the New World and became the American Indian (when any EDITED can see just by LOOKING at them that they are --EDITED--FAR EASTERN people
    Not ALL of us, Matrix--just those who are baptized into the LDS church and have gone through the temple endowment ceremony--though first they must be "worthy" to do, which means tithing yearly to their church before they can even get inside a temple. And then they must remain "temple worthy" the rest of their lives, earning temple recommends from their bishops or other leadership for the rest of their lives. Unless someone of the same gender goes through the ceremony on your behalf after you die.

What a convoluted, unbiblical mess! The LDS church robs its membership of the simplicity that is in the true Jesus Christ of the Bible. Sad.
    Last edited by Mod10; 10-18-18, 04:53 PM.

Leave a comment:

• TheMatrixHasU71
    replied
    ZERINUS

The Lord our God is ONE LORD.

Thou shalt have no other gods before me

Isaiah 43:10

Ye are my witnesses, saith the LORD, and my servant whom I have chosen: that ye may know and believe me, and understand that I am he: before me there was no God formed, neither shall there be after me.

Revelation 1:8

I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the ending, saith the Lord. No gods before Him and none after Him

You also believe God stated out as a man. WRONG. Slap to you, time to wake up now Zerinus. God is ETERNAL. God has existed FOREVER. IF God started out as a man then who created the heavens and the earth? Hmm? Think about that one.

Deut 33:27

The eternal God is thy refuge, and underneath are the everlasting arms: and he shall thrust out the enemy from before thee; and shall say, Destroy them.

You also believe that there will be marriage in heaven. WRONG. For there is no marrying or giving in marriage in heaven. No sex for we shall be like the angels (Matth 22:30)

You have been LIED to. The BoM is a Satanic LIE. Mormonism is a Satanic lie. LEAVE them or you will perish and burn

Leave a comment:

Working...
X