Announcement

Collapse

Message to all users:

https://carm.org/forum-rules

Super Member Subscription
https://carm.org/carm-super-members-banner-ad-signup

As most of you are aware, we had a crash to forums and were down for over two days a while back. We did have to do an upgrade to the vbulletin software to fix the forums and that has created changes, VB no longer provide the hybrid or threaded forums. There are some issues/changes to the forums we are not able to fix or change. Also note the link address change, please let friends and posters know of the changed link to the forums. For now this is the only link available, https://forums.carm.org/vb5/ but if clicking on forum on carm.org homepage it will now send you to this link. (edited to add https: now working.

Again, we are working through some of the posting and viewing issues to learn how to post with the changes, you will have to check and test the different features, icons that have changed. You may also want to go to profile settings,since many of the notifications, information in profile, also to update/edit your avatar by clicking on avatar space, pull down arrow next to login for user settings.

Edit to add "How to read forums, to make it easier."
Pull down arrow next to login name upper right select profile, or user settings when page opens to profile,select link in tab that says Account. Then select/choose options, go down to Conversation Detail Options, Select Display mode Posts, NOT Activity, that selection of Posts will make the pages of discussions go to last post on last page rather than out of order that happens if you choose activity threads. Then be sure to go to bottom and select SAVE Changes in your profile options. You can then follow discussions by going through the pages, to the last page having latest responses. Then click on the other links Privacy, Notifications, to select viewing options,the forums get easier if you open all the tabs or links in your profile, user settings and select options. To join Super Member, pull down arrow next to login name, select User Settings and then click on tab/link at top that says Subscriptions.

Thank you for your patience and God Bless.

Diane S
https://carm.org/forum-rules
See more
See less

Choir gets a new name

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Choir gets a new name

It was announced today that the former Mormon Tabernacle Choir will heretofore be called The Tabernacle Choir at Temple Square.

Rebranding is going on to try to distance the mormon church from the name Mormon. Will they rename the Book of Mormon?
    ~ There is life after mormonism, and it's good! Just stay close to Christ.
    ~ You can't follow Christ and false prophets at the same time.
    ~ "Come to Me, all who are weary and heavy-laden, and I will give you rest." Matthew 11:28

Originally posted by Magdalena View Post
    It was announced today that the former Mormon Tabernacle Choir will heretofore be called The Tabernacle Choir at Temple Square.

Rebranding is going on to try to distance the mormon church from the name Mormon. Will they rename the Book of Mormon?
    I can come up with a few titles if they want suggestions!
    Christian scholar John MacArthur about Mormonism: “Mormonism is wrong in epic proportions.”

Comment

Originally posted by Catherine Aurelia View Post

I bet you could.

Ooops, I just noticed I used the wrong word in my post. Should be henceforth instead of heretofore. Wish I could blame it on auto-correction. But it was probably lack of sleep.
      ~ "Come to Me, all who are weary and heavy-laden, and I will give you rest." Matthew 11:28

Comment

Nope.
        "...for now is our salvation nearer to us than when we believed." Romans 13:11 -- What else must be done to move past belief? Faith is belief in action. It is works unto salvation.

Comment

Originally posted by BrotherofJared View Post

Nope.
          How do you know that? Your president apparently doesnt like the Mormon reference.

Comment

"The Latter-day Testament of Jesus Christ".

"The Latter-day Revelation of Jesus Christ".

"A Long Time Ago on a Continent Far, Far Away".

"Jewish Rebel Without a Cause"

"A Few Good Jews"

"The Day the Americas Were Won"

"The Bible Part Three: Revenge of the Nephites"

"CasaMaya: Everyone Comes to Lehi's"

"The Rise and Fall of the Mountain Meadows Empire"
            Last edited by Theo1689; 10-06-18, 12:57 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Theo1689 View Post

"The Latter-day Testament of Jesus Christ".

"The Latter-day Revelation of Jesus Christ".

"A Long Time Ago on a Continent Far, Far Away".

"Jewish Rebel Without a Cause"

"A Few Good Jews"

"The Day the Americas Were Won"

"The Bible Part Three: Revenge of the Nephites"

"CasaMaya: Everyone Comes to Lehi's"

"The Rise and Fall of the Mountain Meadows Empire"
              "Another gospel" of Jesus Christ.

"Spalding, Revisited"

"More Tales from Joe and Friends"

"When the Maya Were Jews"

"When the Jews Spoke Egyptian"

"Tips on Keeping Kosher in Zarahemla"

"Sayanora Moroni - The Plates Were Baloney"

Last edited by Catherine Aurelia; 10-06-18, 02:27 PM.
              Christian scholar John MacArthur about Mormonism: “Mormonism is wrong in epic proportions.”

Comment

How do you know that? Your president apparently doesnt like the Mormon reference.
                One is a title and the other is a person's name. The title developed from the book, but our religion isn't about Mormon or that book. It's about Jesus Christ. People like one word nicknames to identify groups. Being called a.Mormon sends a confusing message. Do we believe in Mormon or Jesus Christ... It's not a matter of taste or likes and dislikes. It's a logical move to deliver a consistent message.
                "...for now is our salvation nearer to us than when we believed." Romans 13:11 -- What else must be done to move past belief? Faith is belief in action. It is works unto salvation.

Comment

One is a title and the other is a person's name. The title developed from the book, but our religion isn't about Mormon or that book. It's about Jesus Christ. People like one word nicknames to identify groups. Being called a.Mormon sends a confusing message. Do we believe in Mormon or Jesus Christ... It's not a matter of taste or likes and dislikes. It's a logical move to deliver a consistent message.
                  Your "religion" doesn't have the Book of Mormon in it. Instead, it's a bunch of polytheistic, Gnostic, mishmash, found in Joe's King Follett Discourse, his Sermon on Plurality of gods, and Brigham Young's teachings found in J&D. Plus the slick recommendations of Madison Ave. advertisers.

Comment

but our religion isn't about Mormon or that book.
                    No, of course not...
                    That's why you don't have missionaries handing out free copies of "that book" all over the world.
                    That's why you don't have people publishing "that book" is so many different languages.
                    That's why you don't have radio and TV commercials advertising that people can get a free copy of "that book".

This is why Mormons tend to have no credibility...

Being called a.Mormon sends a confusing message. Do we believe in Mormon or Jesus Christ...
                    Oh, puh-LEAZE!

I've known thousands of non-Mormons, and absolutely NONE of them believed that Mormons believe "in Mormon", or belive that "Mormon saves", or "worship Mormon", or believe "Mormon died on a cross", etc. etc., blah blah blah.

It's a logical move to deliver a consistent message.
                    It's a PR move to gain recognition in the media.
                    Free advertising.

Comment

No. Christians are not called "Biblonians." It's not rebranding, it's being more accurate.

Comment

In that case it should be called the Book of Jesus Christ. Or A Second Witness of Christ.

Your religion is all about the Book of Mormon.

Comment

Originally posted by Aaron32 View Post

No. Christians are not called "Biblonians." It's not rebranding, it's being more accurate.
                          Christians are so named because theyre followers of Christ.

Comment

Originally posted by Aaron32 View Post

I think this whole move by the Mormons to disassociate themselves from that name may work in the favor of the Real Gospel of Christ. Few people know the whole name of the Mormon Church, but they do recognize the name "Mormon" in the choir. Many are lured into thinking "Mormon" means Christian because of it. Without that tag, perhaps people will be less likely to think of Mormonism as being Christian and associate it with that choir.

Comment

Originally posted by Catherine Aurelia View Post

It's a safe bet that they don't want any anti-LDS suggestions
                              ...whenever a person's religious conversation dwells... on the faults of other people's religions, he is in a bad condition-C.S. Lewis

Comment

Working...
                              X