Announcement

Collapse

Message to all users:

https://carm.org/forum-rules

Super Member Subscription
https://carm.org/carm-super-members-banner-ad-signup

As most of you are aware, we had a crash to forums and were down for over two days a while back. We did have to do an upgrade to the vbulletin software to fix the forums and that has created changes, VB no longer provide the hybrid or threaded forums. There are some issues/changes to the forums we are not able to fix or change. Also note the link address change, please let friends and posters know of the changed link to the forums. For now this is the only link available, https://forums.carm.org/vb5/ but if clicking on forum on carm.org homepage it will now send you to this link. (edited to add https: now working.

Again, we are working through some of the posting and viewing issues to learn how to post with the changes, you will have to check and test the different features, icons that have changed. You may also want to go to profile settings,since many of the notifications, information in profile, also to update/edit your avatar by clicking on avatar space, pull down arrow next to login for user settings.

Edit to add "How to read forums, to make it easier."
Pull down arrow next to login name upper right select profile, or user settings when page opens to profile,select link in tab that says Account. Then select/choose options, go down to Conversation Detail Options, Select Display mode Posts, NOT Activity, that selection of Posts will make the pages of discussions go to last post on last page rather than out of order that happens if you choose activity threads. Then be sure to go to bottom and select SAVE Changes in your profile options. You can then follow discussions by going through the pages, to the last page having latest responses. Then click on the other links Privacy, Notifications, to select viewing options,the forums get easier if you open all the tabs or links in your profile, user settings and select options. To join Super Member, pull down arrow next to login name, select User Settings and then click on tab/link at top that says Subscriptions.

Thank you for your patience and God Bless.

Diane S
https://carm.org/forum-rules
See more
See less

Joe Smith States that Mormon Women Shall Have Priesthood Power

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Joe Smith States that Mormon Women Shall Have Priesthood Power

28 April 1842 • Thursday
    Thursday 28 at Two o’clock after-noon met the members of the “Female relief Society”
    and after presiding at the admission of many new members. Gave a
    lecture on the pries[t]hood shewing how the Sisters would come in possession of the priviliges & blesings & gifts of the priesthood— & that the signs should follow them. such as healing the sick casting out devils &c. & that they might attain unto. these blessings. by a virtuous life & conversation & diligence in keeping all the commandments

Joseph Smith Journal, http://www.josephsmithpapers.org/pap...ull-transcript

Has this prediction by Smith been fulfilled?
    Christian scholar John MacArthur about Mormonism: “Mormonism is wrong in epic proportions.”

Originally posted by Catherine Aurelia View Post
    28 April 1842 • Thursday
    Thursday 28 at Two o’clock after-noon met the members of the “Female relief Society”
    and after presiding at the admission of many new members. Gave a
    lecture on the pries[t]hood shewing how the Sisters would come in possession of the priviliges & blesings & gifts of the priesthood— & that the signs should follow them. such as healing the sick casting out devils &c. & that they might attain unto. these blessings. by a virtuous life & conversation & diligence in keeping all the commandments

Joseph Smith Journal, http://www.josephsmithpapers.org/pap...ull-transcript

Has this prediction by Smith been fulfilled?

Yes, it has, for a long time now, almost as long as it has been available to men.

Comment

So, Mormon women cast out devils and have the priesthood? Prove it, LURKER. If you are right then thousands of women in Mormonism who are agitating for the priesthood are wrong. Guess which side I'd go with?

For instance: https://religionnews.com/2015/12/15/...rvey-findings/

Now don't get me wrong, transference of demonic power does, I'm sure, take place in cults and the occult. Mormon "authority" is transferred by their "laying on of hands" ceremony. I hope no woman submits to it, ever. However, there are some women that don't realize how blessed they are not to have had an ungodly transference of evil Mormon "authority" in their lives, and seek that transference. If I was them, I'd remember that occult rituals and false laying on of hands is a doorway to the kingdom of darkness. Don't forget, Mormon authority was supposedly received from the dead. Necromancy is a foundational doctrine of Mornonism.
      Last edited by Catherine Aurelia; 10-08-18, 08:34 AM.
      Christian scholar John MacArthur about Mormonism: “Mormonism is wrong in epic proportions.”

Comment

So, Mormon women cast out devils and have the priesthood? Prove it, LURKER. If you are right then thousands of women in Mormonism who are agitating for the priesthood are wrong. Guess which side I'd go with?

Now don't get me wrong, transference of demonic power does, I'm sure, take place in cults and the occult. Mormon "authority" is transferred by their "laying on of hands" ceremony. I hope no woman submits to it, ever. However, there are some women that don't realize how blessed they are not to have had an ungodly transference of evil Mormon "authority" in their lives, and seek that transference. If I was them, I'd remember that occult rituals and false laying on of hands is a doorway to the kingdom of darkness. Don't forget, Mormon authority was supposedly received from the dead. Necromancy is a foundational doctrine of Mormonism.
        Yes, obviously, those thousands of women are wrong.

Should be easy enough to prove. There are Mormon women who post on this forum. Ask them, “do you exercise Priesthood power?”

Another way to prove it would be to ask you, who do you think performs the Temple ordinances of Washing and Anointing for a woman?

And yet another way to prove it; ask any Mormon what the New and Everlasting covenant is (Doctrine and Covenants 132).

EDITED--RULE 22
        Last edited by Mod10; 10-09-18, 08:58 AM. Reason: Rule 22 infraction; making an unsubstantiated bad accusation of what Christians have written on here

Comment

In early mormonism, some women were given permission to heal the sick and give hands on blessings. They weren't ordained to the priesthood, just given permission to use the power. I don't know when that ended.

When I left on a mormon mission, the sister missionaries were told we could access the power of the priesthood in emergencies to give blessings. We could say it was through the priesthood power, but we just couldn't say it was the priesthood we hold, because we weren't ordained priesthood holders.

So its a word game they play. They'll tell you anyone can benefit from the priesthood power, but not everyone can hold the priesthood.
          ~ There is life after mormonism, and it's good! Just stay close to Christ.
          ~ You can't follow Christ and false prophets at the same time.
          ~ "Come to Me, all who are weary and heavy-laden, and I will give you rest." Matthew 11:28

Comment

Originally posted by Magdalena View Post
            In early mormonism, some women were given permission to heal the sick and give hands on blessings. They weren't ordained to the priesthood, just given permission to use the power. I don't know when that ended.

When I left on a mormon mission, the sister missionaries were told we could access the power of the priesthood in emergencies to give blessings. We could say it was through the priesthood power, but we just couldn't say it was the priesthood we hold, because we weren't ordained priesthood holders.

So its a word game they play. They'll tell you anyone can benefit from the priesthood power, but not everyone can hold the priesthood.
            that's not a word game, Magdalena. The power of the priesthood IS ours, as women. We cannot perform certain ordinances, such as blessing the sacrament, baptism, specific ordinances, but we can absolutely pray, give a 'mother's blessing,' and blessings and healing can come through us through our faith...and that IS priesthood power. It is the power, through faith, to serve others.

It has been mentioned here, very recently, that the priesthood is very clearly misunderstood by many non-Mormons. They seem to see it as 'Power" with a capital "P," as in personal power to 'lord it over' others, or to control others, or to 'be the boss,' or something.

It's not...and we are told, frequently and with great emphasis, that this is NOT what the priesthood is all about.

Doctrine and Covenants 121:

36 That the rights of the priesthood are inseparably connected with the powers of heaven, and that the powers of heaven cannot be controlled nor handled only upon the principles of righteousness.

37 That they may be conferred upon us, it is true; but when we undertake to cover our sins, or to gratify our pride, our vain ambition, or to exercise control or dominion or compulsion upon the souls of the children of men, in any degree of unrighteousness, behold, the heavens withdraw themselves; the Spirit of the Lord is grieved; and when it is withdrawn, Amen to the priesthood or the authority of that man.

This section has a great deal to say about what the priesthood is, is not, and how it is to be used. It talks about unrighteous dominion, how everybody is prone to it, and how it's not a Good Idea.

The priesthood is, basically, the authority to do things for others. He who holds the priesthood may bless the sacrament for others--but not for himself. He may bless others--but not himself. He may anoint the sick and seal the blessing for others--but not himself. He may do Temple ordinances for others--but not himself. He has no more priesthood power to affect his own health or spirit than anybody else has. The priesthood is the authority to serve others.

Women have the same thing, we can bless others. We can pray for ourselves AND others, and miracles can and do happen through our faith, just as it did for the woman with the 'issue of blood' who was healed through HER faith when she touched the Savior's robe.

I don't think that there is an active LDS woman who cannot give you examples of how this has worked in her life. I certainly can. I won't, of course.

You know....it's the whole Matthew 7:6 thing.

The following statement is pure speculation. It's my opinion and quite possibly mine alone. I don't THINK it's heresy.

I think that all women have this 'power' or 'ability' intrinsic to us. It's the men who need the extra help. In other words, we don't hold the priesthood because, quite frankly, we don't need it. We have the guys to bless the sacrament. Let 'em have that. True, we NEED someone to do that. We NEED the ordinances and the priesthood to perform them. Other than that, they really can't do any more than women can...and that's not confined to LDS women.

But we have to let the guys have something. After all, except for that, what do we really need them for?

Think about it a bit. Polygamy should be a pretty good, VERY big, hint.

Without the priesthood, are men and women equal in real (not perceived or 'forced') power?
            No. they are not. Men have been trying to convince women for thousands of years that 'men have the power and women don't,' but I can't imagine a bigger propaganda success story, the Biggest of Big Lies.

Women have ALL the power, without the priesthood. We do.

think about it. If the human race were destroyed, all but, oh, 2000 people, the odds are (historically and genetically speaking) that if you have a half and half distribution (1000 men, 1000 women), that 800 women will reproduce, but only 400 men will. Therefore, if you are going to select for the best gene pool, there should be, in that 2000 count, 1600 women and 400 men.

THAT is power...and it's not in the hands of the men. Why modern humans haven't figured that out is beyond me.

It is because of the priesthood that men and women ARE equal in power and authority.

In my opinion. The opinion of the men may vary, of course. (grin)

but hey. We are equal, how we got there? That is what our Father in Heaven did with the priesthood, IMO, of course.
            Cet animal est très méchant,
            Quand on l'attaque il se défend.

Translation: "This animal is very bad; when you attack it, it defends itself."

Comment

It all seems to be word games with Mormons. Obviously, Smith was more liberal about women being ordained than today's supposed "priesthood holders."

Comment

Originally posted by JustaLurker View Post

Yes, it has, for a long time now, almost as long as it has been available to men.
                Prove your point, LURKER. You know I do not take anything Mormons post for granted. Post documentation.
                Last edited by Catherine Aurelia; 10-08-18, 05:10 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by dianaiad View Post

that's not a word game, Magdalena. The power of the priesthood IS ours, as women. We cannot perform certain ordinances, such as blessing the sacrament, baptism, specific ordinances, but we can absolutely pray, give a 'mother's blessing,' and blessings and healing can come through us through our faith...and that IS priesthood power. It is the power, through faith, to serve others.

It has been mentioned here, very recently, that the priesthood is very clearly misunderstood by many non-Mormons. They seem to see it as 'Power" with a capital "P," as in personal power to 'lord it over' others, or to control others, or to 'be the boss,' or something.

It's not...and we are told, frequently and with great emphasis, that this is NOT what the priesthood is all about.

Doctrine and Covenants 121:

36 That the rights of the priesthood are inseparably connected with the powers of heaven, and that the powers of heaven cannot be controlled nor handled only upon the principles of righteousness.

37 That they may be conferred upon us, it is true; but when we undertake to cover our sins, or to gratify our pride, our vain ambition, or to exercise control or dominion or compulsion upon the souls of the children of men, in any degree of unrighteousness, behold, the heavens withdraw themselves; the Spirit of the Lord is grieved; and when it is withdrawn, Amen to the priesthood or the authority of that man.

This section has a great deal to say about what the priesthood is, is not, and how it is to be used. It talks about unrighteous dominion, how everybody is prone to it, and how it's not a Good Idea.

The priesthood is, basically, the authority to do things for others. He who holds the priesthood may bless the sacrament for others--but not for himself. He may bless others--but not himself. He may anoint the sick and seal the blessing for others--but not himself. He may do Temple ordinances for others--but not himself. He has no more priesthood power to affect his own health or spirit than anybody else has. The priesthood is the authority to serve others.

Women have the same thing, we can bless others. We can pray for ourselves AND others, and miracles can and do happen through our faith, just as it did for the woman with the 'issue of blood' who was healed through HER faith when she touched the Savior's robe.

I don't think that there is an active LDS woman who cannot give you examples of how this has worked in her life. I certainly can. I won't, of course.

You know....it's the whole Matthew 7:6 thing.

The following statement is pure speculation. It's my opinion and quite possibly mine alone. I don't THINK it's heresy.

I think that all women have this 'power' or 'ability' intrinsic to us. It's the men who need the extra help. In other words, we don't hold the priesthood because, quite frankly, we don't need it. We have the guys to bless the sacrament. Let 'em have that. True, we NEED someone to do that. We NEED the ordinances and the priesthood to perform them. Other than that, they really can't do any more than women can...and that's not confined to LDS women.

But we have to let the guys have something. After all, except for that, what do we really need them for?

Think about it a bit. Polygamy should be a pretty good, VERY big, hint.

Without the priesthood, are men and women equal in real (not perceived or 'forced') power?
                  No. they are not. Men have been trying to convince women for thousands of years that 'men have the power and women don't,' but I can't imagine a bigger propaganda success story, the Biggest of Big Lies.

Women have ALL the power, without the priesthood. We do.

think about it. If the human race were destroyed, all but, oh, 2000 people, the odds are (historically and genetically speaking) that if you have a half and half distribution (1000 men, 1000 women), that 800 women will reproduce, but only 400 men will. Therefore, if you are going to select for the best gene pool, there should be, in that 2000 count, 1600 women and 400 men.

THAT is power...and it's not in the hands of the men. Why modern humans haven't figured that out is beyond me.

It is because of the priesthood that men and women ARE equal in power and authority.

In my opinion. The opinion of the men may vary, of course. (grin)

but hey. We are equal, how we got there? That is what our Father in Heaven did with the priesthood, IMO, of course.
                  Youre trying to rationalize a crazy doctrine and practice.
                  ~ "Come to Me, all who are weary and heavy-laden, and I will give you rest." Matthew 11:28

Comment

Yes, obviously, those thousands of women are wrong.

Should be easy enough to prove. There are Mormon women who post on this forum. Ask them, “do you exercise Priesthood power?”

Another way to prove it would be to ask you, who do you think performs the Temple ordinances of Washing and Anointing for a woman?

And yet another way to prove it; ask any Mormon what the New and Everlasting covenant is (Doctrine and Covenants 132).

In the quote above above I left your reference to “transference of demonic power”. I was just about to fade it out or remove it completely but then I remembered that y’all have said EDITED.
                    CFR that anyone here has said that about Christ's power.
                    Last edited by Mod10; 10-10-18, 04:30 PM.

Comment

Youre trying to rationalize a crazy doctrine and practice.
                      You are entitled to your opinion.
                      As am I.

Comment

Originally posted by Catherine Aurelia
                        So these Mormon women are all priests now? Why do they have this: https://ordainwomen.org/
                        This is called 'begging the question,' CA.

It is a very obvious logical fallacy. NOBODY has claimed that LDS women are priests. ONLY YOU are claiming that for us.

You are wrong and what's more important, you know you are.

Comment

Originally posted by dianaiad

I know a Baptist woman who shot her Calvary Chapel husband because he was...er...intimately involved with his secretary.
                          Now that is a great way to exercise your power of priesthood!
                          zerinus
                          Keep Calm!
                          I am a Mormon!

Comment

Prove your point, LURKER. You know I do not take anything Mormons post for granted. Post documentation.
                            The whole thread is only 17 posts long. How could have missed post #4 which is the answer you have asked for twice.

Comment

The whole thread is only 17 posts long. How could have missed post #4 which is the answer you have asked for twice.
                              The one where you say thousands of women are wrong and you are right? Cut me a break! blalahahahahah. In any case, I'm certainly not playing some tag team match.

Furthermore, please show us where any Christian has said that Jesus performed miracles by the power of the Devil, which is the Blasphemy against the Holy Spirit. That is the charge you made above (now removed by the moderator).

Last edited by Catherine Aurelia; 10-09-18, 09:16 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X