Announcement

Collapse

Message to all users:

https://carm.org/forum-rules

Super Member Subscription
https://carm.org/carm-super-members-banner-ad-signup

As most of you are aware, we had a crash to forums and were down for over two days a while back. We did have to do an upgrade to the vbulletin software to fix the forums and that has created changes, VB no longer provide the hybrid or threaded forums. There are some issues/changes to the forums we are not able to fix or change. Also note the link address change, please let friends and posters know of the changed link to the forums. For now this is the only link available, https://forums.carm.org/vb5/ but if clicking on forum on carm.org homepage it will now send you to this link. (edited to add https: now working.

Again, we are working through some of the posting and viewing issues to learn how to post with the changes, you will have to check and test the different features, icons that have changed. You may also want to go to profile settings,since many of the notifications, information in profile, also to update/edit your avatar by clicking on avatar space, pull down arrow next to login for user settings.

Edit to add "How to read forums, to make it easier."
Pull down arrow next to login name upper right select profile, or user settings when page opens to profile,select link in tab that says Account. Then select/choose options, go down to Conversation Detail Options, Select Display mode Posts, NOT Activity, that selection of Posts will make the pages of discussions go to last post on last page rather than out of order that happens if you choose activity threads. Then be sure to go to bottom and select SAVE Changes in your profile options. You can then follow discussions by going through the pages, to the last page having latest responses. Then click on the other links Privacy, Notifications, to select viewing options,the forums get easier if you open all the tabs or links in your profile, user settings and select options. To join Super Member, pull down arrow next to login name, select User Settings and then click on tab/link at top that says Subscriptions.

Thank you for your patience and God Bless.

Diane S
https://carm.org/forum-rules
See more
See less

Joseph Smith, Witch and False Prophet

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Joseph Smith, Witch and False Prophet

Of course we are often told, "oh, don't say anything bad about Joseph Smith, because you won't reach Mormons with that." So, should we be silent about Joseph Smith? Once a person has been drawn into a cult, chances are they very well may never leave it. There is a strong hold, not just physical but spiritually on those who willingly join cults and mess with the occult. However, there are many out there who may be coming here for information on Mormonism - it is to those folks that I seek to provide historical information on Mormonism.

This video touches upon the occult origins of the Mormon cult, and the nature of Joseph Smith's (and his family's) ties with occult practices.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h93x...1AC5613E2BDC6F

Smith never started a new "Christian" Church, he only replicated the Satanic attempts to undermine Jesus' Church by seeking to replace it with an anti-christ organization - something Satan has tried to do since Pentecost. There will always be cults, there will always be false gods, there will always be false prophet, but remember Jesus' words, "let no man deceive you."

Remember, Joseph Smith stands in relationship to Mormonism in the same way Jesus Christ stands in relationship to Christianity. Mormonism stands or falls on the character and integrity of Joseph Smith. And also remember that Joseph Smith was a false prophet: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9gaFFMKQYRc
    Last edited by Catherine Aurelia; 10-12-18, 09:52 AM.
    Christian scholar John MacArthur about Mormonism: “Mormonism is wrong in epic proportions.”

Smith did use a seer stone, and was known to sacrifice an animal or two, to find buried treasure.I don't know if that qualifies him as a "witch", but it is occultic.

And JS did adapt some Masonic rituals for his temple endowment ceremony.

And JS did make a number of false prophesies, flunking God's own test as to how to tell a true prophet He had sent.

So, what is so "off the wall" about these two youtubes?
    Last edited by Bonnie; 10-12-18, 04:07 PM.
    "I am tired of being treated like a mushroom--they keep me in the dark and feed me manure!" (reasons why a Mormon was leaving the LDS church)
    "What people don't realize is how much religion costs. They think faith is a big electric blanket, when of course, it is the cross."--Flannery O'Connor
    "I am a Missouri Synod Lutheran--NOT REFORMED/CALVINIST. PLEASE learn the difference."
    "The truth may hurt for a little while, but a lie hurts forever."--anonymous
    "If Jesus isn't THE WAY, then there is nothing else."--Bob

Comment

Originally posted by Bonnie View Post
      Smith did use a seer stone, and was known to sacrifice an animal or two, to find buried treasure.I don't know if that qualifies him as a "witch", but it is occultic.

And JS did adapt some Masonic rituals for his temple endowment ceremony.

And JS did make a number of false prophesies, flunking God's own test as to how to tell a true prophet He had sent.

So, what is so "off the wall" about these two youtubes?
      Smith also used incantations to overcome demons at sites supposedly holding buried treasures; plus he did animal sacrifices to appease the spirits. His use of an occult talisman tops it off, as well as his resort to necromancy, and with his family, ABRAC. All these things are forms of witchcraft.
      Christian scholar John MacArthur about Mormonism: “Mormonism is wrong in epic proportions.”

Comment

This video expands on the proof that Smith was a witch:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dkMCDVMrVK8
        Last edited by Catherine Aurelia; 10-12-18, 04:55 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Catherine Aurelia View Post

Smith also used incantations to overcome demons at sites supposedly holding buried treasures; plus he did animal sacrifices to appease the spirits. His use of an occult talisman tops it off, as well as his resort to necromancy, and with his family, ABRAC. All these things are forms of witchcraft.
          I was thinking more of the Wiccan variety.
          "I am tired of being treated like a mushroom--they keep me in the dark and feed me manure!" (reasons why a Mormon was leaving the LDS church)
          "What people don't realize is how much religion costs. They think faith is a big electric blanket, when of course, it is the cross."--Flannery O'Connor
          "I am a Missouri Synod Lutheran--NOT REFORMED/CALVINIST. PLEASE learn the difference."

Comment

Originally posted by Bonnie View Post

I was thinking more of the Wiccan variety.
            And as we see, the Mormons simply don't care.

Comment

Originally posted by dianaiad

............and yet you so often crow about how people are leaving the CoJCoLDS in droves. Do make up your mind.

Well, they won't get it from the critics in here.

Y'know, the LDS who post here are not allowed to link to anything that might be considered 'anti-Christian.' We are not allowed to link to any apologetic site that defends against attacks made upon our beliefs. YOU, however, are allowed to link to any garbage you wish.

I have discovered, however, that the links most of the critics post here point at sites and sources that are so anti-Mormon, so off the wall, so inaccurate and biased, that I have ceased going....simply upon the evidence of who sends me there.

After all, if we are not allowed to send you folks to sites WE think might be helpful and informative simply because of who writes them...or who sends you there, then you certainly cannot fault us for refusing to go anywhere you want to send us.

For precisely the same reasons you all use. I can pretty much guarantee that any site you want to send us to will be biased, flawed, and false...and certainly not worth the bother.
              Another excellent post. (Hope that positive comment of mine won't trigger an anti into running and tattling to the mods)

Comment

Originally posted by bonnie View Post
                smith... Was known to sacrifice an animal or two, to find buried treasure......
                Call
                For
                References

on the "KNOWN TO" as opposed to "rumored to."

Comment

Originally posted by NRA-Jeff View Post

Call
                  For
                  References

"Animal Sacrifices

Animal sacrifices were often a part of the magic rituals that accompanied money-digging. In the first edition of his book, Early Mormonism and the Magic World View, p.144, Dr. D. Michael Quinn gives this information: "A cousin of Smith’s wife Emma reported that Smith ‘translated the book of Mormon by means of the same peep stone, and under the same inspiration that directed his enchantments and dog sacrifices; it was all by the same spirit’ (H. Lewis 1879)."

In a magic book known as The Greater Key of Solomon, page 122, we read that "In many operations it is necessary to make some sort of sacrifice unto the demons, and in various ways… Such sacrifices consist of the blood and sometimes of the flesh."

The evidence seems to show that Joseph Smith did make sacrifices to the demons. In an affidavit published in 1834, William Stafford, one of the neighbors of the Smith family, reported the following:
                  Joseph Smith, Sen., came to me one night, and told me that Joseph Smith Jr. had been looking in his glass, and had seen, not many rods from his house, two or three kegs of gold and silver… Joseph, Sen. first made a circle, twelve or fourteen feet in diameter. This circle, said he, contains the treasure. He then stuck in the ground a row of witch hazel sticks, around the said circle, for the purpose of keeping off the evil spirits. Within this circle he made another, of about eight or ten feet in diameter. He walked around three times on the periphery of this last circle, muttering to himself something which I could not understand. He next stuck a steel rod in the centre of the circles, and then enjoined profound silence upon us, lest we should arouse the evil spirit who had the charge of these treasures. After we had dug a trench about five feet in depth around the rod, the old man… went to the house to inquire of young Joseph the cause of our disappointment. He soon returned and said, that Joseph had remained all this time in the house, looking in his stone and watching the motions of the evil spirit – that he saw the spirit come up to the ringand as soon as it beheld the cone which we had formed around the rod, it caused the money to sink… another time, they devised a scheme, by which they might satiate their hunger, with the mutton of one of my sheep. They had seen in my flock a sheep, a large, fat, black weather. Old Joseph and one of the boys came to me one day, and said that Joseph Jr. had discovered some very remarkable and valuable treasures, which could be procured only in one way. That way, was as follows: – That a black sheep should be taken to the ground where the treasures were concealed – that after cutting its throat, it should be led around in a circle while bleeding. This being done, the wrath of the evil spirit would be appeased: the treasures could then be obtained, and my share of them was to be four fold. To gratify my curiosity, I let them have a large fat sheep. They afterwards informed me, that the sheep was killed pursuant to commandment; but as there was some mistake in the process, it did not have the desired effect. This, I believe, is the only time they ever made money-digging a profitable business. (Mormonism Unvailed, 1834, pages 238-239; also reproduced in Early Mormon Documents, Vol. 2, pp.59-61)
                  The reader will notice that it was a "black" sheep that was supposed to have been sacrificed. This is interesting because The Greater Key of Solomon, page 122, says that, "Sometimes white animals are sacrificed to the good Spirits and black to the evil."

In any case, the Mormon apologist Richard L. Anderson says that, "If there was such an event of a borrowed sheep, it had nothing to do with dishonesty." (Brigham Young University Studies, Spring 1970, page 295) On page 249 of the same article, Professor Anderson quotes the following from BYU Professor M. Wilford Poulson’s notes of a conversation with Wallace Miner: "I once asked Stafford if Smith did steal a sheep from him. He said no, not exactly. He said, he did miss a black sheep, but soon Joseph came and admitted he took it for sacrifice but he was willing to work for it. He made wooden sap buckets to fully pay for it."

C. R. Stafford testified concerning the same incident: "Jo Smith, the prophet, told my uncle, William Stafford, he wanted a fat, black sheep. He said he wanted to cut its throat and make it walk in a circle three times around and it would prevent a pot of money from leaving." (Naked Truths About Mormonism, January 1888, page 3; also reproduced in Early Mormon Documents, Vol. 2, p. 197)

The current leaders of the Mormon Church have turned away from many of the occultic practices, which played such an important role in the church Joseph Smith founded. In fact, the church hierarchy has publicly condemned magic. Most Mormons are not aware of Joseph Smith’s
                  involvement in the occult because their leaders have systematically covered up the more embarrassing parts of Smith’s history."

(http://www.utlm.org/newsletters/no95.htm )

There you have your CFR, Jeff, not that Mormons here honor our requests. I should have just given the CFR as UTLM - not being specific at all. However, that's a deceptive Mormon ploy we see here. You really should study Mormon history more thoroughly. Shouldn't you have known this already as a Mormon priest?
                  Last edited by Catherine Aurelia; 10-13-18, 11:09 AM.

Comment

............and yet you so often crow about how people are leaving the CoJCoLDS in droves. Do make up your mind.

Well, they won't get it from the critics in here.

Y'know, the LDS who post here are not allowed to link to anything that might be considered 'anti-Christian.' We are not allowed to link to any apologetic site that defends against attacks made upon our beliefs. YOU, however, are allowed to link to any garbage you wish.

I have discovered, however, that the links most of the critics post here point at sites and sources that are so anti-Mormon, so off the wall, so inaccurate and biased, that I have ceased going....simply upon the evidence of who sends me there.

After all, if we are not allowed to send you folks to sites WE think might be helpful and informative simply because of who writes them...or who sends you there, then you certainly cannot fault us for refusing to go anywhere you want to send us.

For precisely the same reasons you all use. I can pretty much guarantee that any site you want to send us to will be biased, flawed, and false...and certainly not worth the bother.
                    There are various terms to describe the above post:

"mud-slinging";
                    "poisoning the well";
                    "misrepresentation";
                    "damage control".

Mormons apparently can't defend their beliefs, and so they have to make derogatory claims about posters and their websites, to try to convince people (without any proof) that the evidence doesn't exist.

Actually, this is what all the cults do, and JW's are another good example. They tell their followers, "don't read anything that isn't from us. Don't read anything that disagrees with what we teach you, because it is all unreliable". This is their way of trying to shelter them from the truth.

"Ignore the man behind the curtain".
                    Last edited by Theo1689; 10-13-18, 11:20 AM.
                    "We are not to understand the other side; we are to discuss to expound the truth." -- A misguided apologist
                    --------------------------------------------------------------------------
                    "The Law is a storm which wrecks your hopes of self-salvation,
                    but washes you upon the Rock of Ages."
                    -- Charles Haddon Spurgeon

Comment

Originally posted by Theo1689 View Post

There are various terms to describe the above post:

"mud-slinging";
                      "poisoning the well";
                      "misrepresentation";
                      "damage control".

Mormons apparently can't defend their beliefs, and so they have to make derogatory claims about posters and their websites, to try to convince people (without any proof) that the evidence doesn't exist.

"Ignore the man behind the curtain".
                      I just pretty much skip over those TBM whiners who aren't able to post anything without making accusatory statements against Christians. Sick of it, as is everybody.

Comment

Originally posted by NRA-Jeff View Post

Call
                        For
                        References

I have put references down on here before, that show that Smith sometimes did sacrifice animals in his glass-looking enterprise. Sorry if you don't remember it. But CA did provide evidence.

Comment

..........and only one that is accurate: "accurate."
                          Um, no.
                          The word "accurate" does NOT describe your insulting rant, in any way, shape, or form.

We can.
                          No, you can't.
                          Otherwise you would.
                          Bu you don't.
                          Because you can't.

We aren't allowed to do so, and we are not allowed to send people to sites which do.

There is no way that you can argue that one, Theo. Rule 29.
                          Um, "Rule 29" is about "links".
                          There is NOTHING in Rule 29 that prohibits Mormons from trying to defend their false beliefs.

This may come as a shock to you, but discussions and debates happened for MANY centuries, even before computers, the Internet, and "links". So "links" are NOT required to try to defend your false beliefs.

You are allowed to try to defend your false beliefs.
                          You're simply not allowed to "link" to certain websites.

EDITED

You can post to anti-Mormon BS.
                          EDITED

EDITED

We can't post to any site that would defend against the arguments made upon the sites you might send us to.
                          You can cite it to your heart's content.
                          You simply can't give an ACTIVE LINK to it.

Given this, I feel absolutely no need to go to any site you....or any other critic...sends me to. I have this odd opinion that the playing field should be level.
                          And it is.
                          And the fact that Mormons are UNABLE to defend their false beliefs, PROVES Mormonism false.
                          EDITED
                          Last edited by Mod10; 10-13-18, 06:50 PM. Reason: borderline rule 12; edited
                          "We are not to understand the other side; we are to discuss to expound the truth." -- A misguided apologist
                          --------------------------------------------------------------------------
                          "The Law is a storm which wrecks your hopes of self-salvation,
                          but washes you upon the Rock of Ages."
                          -- Charles Haddon Spurgeon

Comment

..........and only one that is accurate: "accurate."

We can.

We aren't allowed to do so, and we are not allowed to send people to sites which do.

There is no way that you can argue that one, Theo. Rule 29.

EDITED
                            Dianaiad, I have corrected you about this before. Mormons most certainly can defend their beliefs here. I asked Diane about that months ago and she agreed with me. Please stop saying Mormons are not allowed to defend their beliefs on here. What Mormons cannot do is link to unofficial Mormon websites or anti-Christian websites.

And another correction--Mormons can post stuff from websites such as FAIR and other pr-Mormon websites, so long as they are cited but no link is to those sites.

This is at least the third time I have had to write this on here. Please do not make this comment again.

Comment

Originally posted by Catherine Aurelia View Post
                              Of course we are often told, "oh, don't say anything bad about Joseph Smith, because you won't reach Mormons with that." So, should we be silent about Joseph Smith? Once a person has been drawn into a cult, chances are they very well may never leave it. There is a strong hold, not just physical but spiritually on those who willingly join cults and mess with the occult. However, there are many out there who may be coming here for information on Mormonism - it is to those folks that I seek to provide historical information on Mormonism.

This video touches upon the occult origins of the Mormon cult, and the nature of Joseph Smith's (and his family's) ties with occult practices.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h93x...1AC5613E2BDC6F

Smith never started a new "Christian" Church, he only replicated the Satanic attempts to undermine Jesus' Church by seeking to replace it with an anti-christ organization - something Satan has tried to do since Pentecost. There will always be cults, there will always be false gods, there will always be false prophet, but remember Jesus' words, "let no man deceive you."

Remember, Joseph Smith stands in relationship to Mormonism in the same way Jesus Christ stands in relationship to Christianity. Mormonism stands or falls on the character and integrity of Joseph Smith. And also remember that Joseph Smith was a false prophet: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9gaFFMKQYRc
                              we cannot reach anyone. Only He can, God of Scripture, by his Grace.
                              So, what is left? To be kind to souls and to listen to them and preach the Gospel, and show them His utter Love.
                              And turn the other cheek. That is where we are. As humans who are helpless and who cannot SAVE anyone at all.

Comment

Working...
                              X