Announcement

Collapse

Message to all users:

https://carm.org/forum-rules

Super Member Subscription
https://carm.org/carm-super-members-banner-ad-signup

As most of you are aware, we had a crash to forums and were down for over two days a while back. We did have to do an upgrade to the vbulletin software to fix the forums and that has created changes, VB no longer provide the hybrid or threaded forums. There are some issues/changes to the forums we are not able to fix or change. Also note the link address change, please let friends and posters know of the changed link to the forums. For now this is the only link available, https://forums.carm.org/vb5/ but if clicking on forum on carm.org homepage it will now send you to this link. (edited to add https: now working.

Again, we are working through some of the posting and viewing issues to learn how to post with the changes, you will have to check and test the different features, icons that have changed. You may also want to go to profile settings,since many of the notifications, information in profile, also to update/edit your avatar by clicking on avatar space, pull down arrow next to login for user settings.

Edit to add "How to read forums, to make it easier."
Pull down arrow next to login name upper right select profile, or user settings when page opens to profile,select link in tab that says Account. Then select/choose options, go down to Conversation Detail Options, Select Display mode Posts, NOT Activity, that selection of Posts will make the pages of discussions go to last post on last page rather than out of order that happens if you choose activity threads. Then be sure to go to bottom and select SAVE Changes in your profile options. You can then follow discussions by going through the pages, to the last page having latest responses. Then click on the other links Privacy, Notifications, to select viewing options,the forums get easier if you open all the tabs or links in your profile, user settings and select options. To join Super Member, pull down arrow next to login name, select User Settings and then click on tab/link at top that says Subscriptions.

Thank you for your patience and God Bless.

Diane S
https://carm.org/forum-rules
See more
See less

Mormons ending large-scale public pageants

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mormons ending large-scale public pageants

So it seems that that annual Manti pageant will be scaled down SEVERELY (or even perhaps come to an end) after 2019, and the annual Hill Cumorah will be ending after 2020.

It seems that the Mormon church has learned that public evangelism is a colossal failure, that people aren't buying their false teachings any longer, and they are concentrating instead on "family" (ie. trying to prevent existing Mormons from learning the truth and leaving the church in droves).
    "We are not to understand the other side; we are to discuss to expound the truth." -- A misguided apologist
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------
    "The Law is a storm which wrecks your hopes of self-salvation,
    but washes you upon the Rock of Ages."
    -- Charles Haddon Spurgeon

Originally posted by Theo1689 View Post
    It seems that the Mormon church has learned that public evangelism is a colossal failure,....
    You really believe that public evangelism is a colossal failure?

Then why are you here? You just enjoy failing?
    I think the fact that the LDS church is not scaling back the number of its 60,000 - plus missionaries--who evangelize in many places in many countries--makes it "seem" that the church has NOT "learned" that public evangelism is a colossal failure.

EDITED
    Last edited by Mod10; 10-29-18, 07:53 AM.
    ...whenever a person's religious conversation dwells... on the faults of other people's religions, he is in a bad condition-C.S. Lewis

Comment

Originally posted by NRA-Jeff View Post

I think the fact that the LDS church is not scaling back the number of its 60,000 - plus missionaries--who evangelize in many places in many countries--makes it "seem" that the church has NOT "learned" that public evangelism is a colossal failure.

Maybe your personal belief that public evangelism is a colossal failure is inaccurate, not to mention "off-topic for this forum."
      The number of mormon missionaries has been decreasing every year. From 80,000 down to 60,000. I think they found out that lowering the age to 18 was a bad idea.
      ~ There is life after mormonism, and it's good! Just stay close to Christ.
      ~ You can't follow Christ and false prophets at the same time.
      ~ "Come to Me, all who are weary and heavy-laden, and I will give you rest." Matthew 11:28

Comment

So it seems that that annual Manti pageant will be scaled down SEVERELY (or even perhaps come to an end) after 2019, and the annual Hill Cumorah will be ending after 2020.

It seems that the Mormon church has learned that public evangelism is a colossal failure, that people aren't buying their false teachings any longer, and they are concentrating instead on "family" (ie. trying to prevent existing Mormons from learning the truth and leaving the church in droves).
        Their high priced PR agencies must have repackaged mormon marketing again.
        ~ There is life after mormonism, and it's good! Just stay close to Christ.
        ~ You can't follow Christ and false prophets at the same time.
        ~ "Come to Me, all who are weary and heavy-laden, and I will give you rest." Matthew 11:28

Comment

Originally posted by Magdalena View Post

The number of mormon missionaries has been decreasing every year. From 80,000 down to 60,000. I think they found out that lowering the age to 18 was a bad idea.
          When the number gets down to YOUR CHURCH'S level let me know so I can start worrying
          ...whenever a person's religious conversation dwells... on the faults of other people's religions, he is in a bad condition-C.S. Lewis

Comment

I guess the outside evangelism by Christians at Manti has had a negative impact on the cult. It was a childish pageant to begin with!
            Christian scholar John MacArthur about Mormonism: “Mormonism is wrong in epic proportions.”

Comment

Sure they found that out, after all their "missionaries" know nothing about the Bible and admit to that!
              Christian scholar John MacArthur about Mormonism: “Mormonism is wrong in epic proportions.”

Comment

When the number gets down to YOUR CHURCH'S level let me know so I can start worrying
                The Body of Christ has millions of missionaries, and not "sheep steelers," as does your cult. Our missionaries have actually put their lives on the line for Jesus - not gone door to door in rich suburbs trying to draw followers of Jesus away to damnation.

Comment

Or maybe they just got to be too expensive...
                  "I am tired of being treated like a mushroom--they keep me in the dark and feed me manure!" (reasons why a Mormon was leaving the LDS church)
                  "What people don't realize is how much religion costs. They think faith is a big electric blanket, when of course, it is the cross."--Flannery O'Connor
                  "I am a Missouri Synod Lutheran--NOT REFORMED/CALVINIST. PLEASE learn the difference."
                  "The truth may hurt for a little while, but a lie hurts forever."--anonymous
                  "If Jesus isn't THE WAY, then there is nothing else."--Bob

Comment

The number of missionaries has been decreasing every year?!? Did it decrease in 2004? How about in 1998? 1963?

Comment

Their high priced PR agencies must have repackaged mormon marketing again.
                      CFR on that high priced PR agency. Can you show us that they have been used continuously rather than consulted once decades ago? Can you put a number on that high price?

Comment

I believe that MORMON public evangelism is a colossal failure, yes.

I don't promote Mormonism.
                        So I'm not "failing".

Lurkers, note: Mormons are CONSTANTLY trying to shift discussion back on Christians (personally), because they know they are UNABLE to defend Mormonism.

I think the fact that the LDS church is not scaling back the number of its 60,000 - plus missionaries--
                        Really?
                        I guess you've been asleep during the last few General Conferences (bad Mormon! )

Let's look at the stats of "Full time missionaries" (from the LDS website, from presentations at April GC's):

Year..............Full-Time Missionaries:

2014..............85 147
                        2015..............74 079
                        2016..............70 946
                        2017..............67 049

Anyone notice a trend?
                        At this rate, in 20 years there'll be almost ZERO LDS missionaries left...

who evangelize in many places in many countries--makes it "seem" that the church has NOT "learned" that public evangelism is a colossal failure.
                        I would disagree.
                        First of all, the NUMBERS from your OWN CHURCH testify that the number of full-time missionaries is decreasing.

Second of all, the mere presence of LDS missionaries by itself is not a measure of "success of evangelism" (Baptism is, you'd think as a "good" Mormon you'd actually KNOW that, huh?) The LDS missionary program actually has a number of ancillary benefits:

- it's a "coming of age" experience for teenage Mormons, who learn to become independent
                        - it frequently allows for learning a new language;
                        - it gives opportunity for the missionary to "bear his testimony" a few thousand times, ingraining his false belief into himself;
                        - it emboldens the missionary to be able to start conversations with strangers;
                        - it gives the missionaries a false sense that the church is still growing significantly.
                        "We are not to understand the other side; we are to discuss to expound the truth." -- A misguided apologist

Comment

The only reason that it actually got up to 80,000 in the first place was BECAUSE of the lowering of the age to 18.

Comment

Well, it's kind of silly to try to compare a single congregation (my church) to a world-wide denomination.
                            It's also fallacious. You know, apples and oranges?

But if you want to compare ALL the Christian churches together with the LDS church, that's another thing entirely.

Besides, TRUE Christians believe that missionary work isn't for just "2 years" out of one's life (or 18 months for women), but that it is a LIFELONG calling.

Comment

Originally posted by Catherine Aurelia View Post

The Body of Christ has millions of missionaries, and not "sheep steelers," as does your cult. Our missionaries have actually put their lives on the line for Jesus - not gone door to door in rich suburbs trying to draw followers of Jesus away to damnation.
                              Yep... Christian missionaries go to Africa, Asia, Indonesia, and other places where the gospel is unknown.

Where do LDS missionaries go?
                              Berlin, Chicago, SALT LAKE CITY!

Quite a difference.

Comment

Working...
                              X